.:.Messaging Help.:.

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

anth0ny

Junior Member
Dec 7, 2016
5
1
0
Hello all .. I have a few messages in my Inbox that I would like to reply to.
I do not see a '''send message'' option anymore on people's profile's..
I have sent a few messages before - so, I don't understand this issue..

If I try to click ''Send New Message'' it says :

anth0ny
, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:


  1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
Any idea why this happens , is it a glitch or how do i fix?
-thank you. god bless and Merry Christmas
 
  • Like
Reactions: Manwithaplan
I believe that your Private Message system is disabled. On the top of the main page click on Forum Actions. Then General Settings. Scroll down and click on Private Message On. Underneath this option click on receive from all members. Last, on the bottom of this page click on Save Changes. If a problem develops later you can put individual members on Ignore while still keeping your PM system active. Hope this helps.
 
Also could be possible the admins disabled your PM privileges, if tourists suggestion doesn't work.
 
that's odd .. i'm a brand new member.. why would my messaging be disabled?
not very admin like
 
turned on Visitor Messaging '' .. with no limit.. still cant reply or send messages..:mad:
 
From clicking on your user name, your PM's are turned off. Have you tried Tourist's suggestion to turn them back on? Visitor messages have nothing to do with PM's. :)
 
that's odd .. i'm a brand new member.. why would my messaging be disabled?
not very admin like

If they did, it would have been for a reason. If they didn't it could be a glitch.
Although i did notice after your post that a number of other users were missing their PM option, but they have since returned.
 
that's odd .. i'm a brand new member.. why would my messaging be disabled?
not very admin like

Admin doesn't disable people's ability to PM in the forums. If someone abuses the PM function they are simply removed from the site. Just to clarify, private messaging in chat is a subscriber feature whereas in the forums it is open.

I have looked at your settings and found nothing that would keep you from accessing the PM feature.

Out of curiosity, what browser are you using? There are some issues beyond our control with Chrome users. Unfortunately the latest version of Chrome is glitchy with vBulletin (the software that powers the forums) and to the best of my knowledge neither entity has issued a patch.
 
Hey, I have my '' Send Message '' button/option back when I visit profiles.. I guess it was a glitch.. mozila