Midnight Confessions

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
So when do you dye your hair blue green and will you tell Tourist or just surprise him. :p
She would probably say that she could dye her hair this way and I wouldn't even notice. Actually, I love my wife's hair the way that it is. I need a haircut though as I am starting to look like one of those "long haired freaky people". They need not apply.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Purple looks like an excellent color, in general, against gray hair. This gives me something to think about before mine turns totally gray. Also, I wonder about the color teal with gray hair? Teals and aquas are my favorite colors.
I dye the back underside of my hair so that from the front, it is barely noticeable, and from the back, my gray/blondish/pale/colorless hair hangs over the various shades of purple and magenta for contrast :) That also assures that I never get that obvious line of growing out hair that looks so unattractive.

I do not bleach my hair. Most of the colors are vegetable dyes, and over time the color fades, with the richer reds departing the magenta and purple hues, first making my hair look a paler, lighter purple, and eventually leaving my hair a pale bluish teal. Then the blue fades and my hair will actually look green, but it is such a pale color by then, that from any distance, it just looks a bit darker than my grey hair. If I apply dark lavender and do not leave it in long enough, it will look green or blue, too!

I like the way it looks when the color is fresh and vibrant,
but I also like it when it fades and becomes more subtle. My
uncolored hair is blindingly white in bright sunshine, but
looks blondish or really pale brown indoors, especially
close to my head. It has natural highlights.

I have had to experiment with what works, because different products behave differently, and I really am not someone who wants to fuss with my hair, and I do not like having to make huge investments of time to keep it up. I often mix the colors, so that if one shade is too blue and another too reddish, putting them together gives me more of the purple tone I am aiming for :) It's fun when it works and no big deal when it doesn't :D

I had this one product once that was way more liquid than I thought it was going to be, so when I went to splooch it out of the squeeze container onto the back of my head, it ran all over the place. I had neglected to shake it up, and whatever was in the plastic bottle had separated :p That color stayed in my hair a long, long, time, much longer than the color normally stays, and it was a really bright magenta :) I dyed over it and around it and even when the other dyes faded out, it always stayed haha. It has grown out quite a bit since then, though, cuz that was over a year ago at least, but it is still there! :eek:

Most of the products I use are in small jars that I scoop out and apply with my rubber-gloved fingers ;) A jar usually costs around ten dollars and can last for at least three applications because I do not cover my whole head, so it is not expensive either, quite unlike going to a salon, where it would cost a hundred bucks a pop easily for them to color a few strands of your hair :eek: Because I mix the colours, it never looks quite the same as any other time.

C

CandieM

I'm only interested in dying my hair an unnatural color once it's totally gray.

C

CandieM

I tell people my hair is naturally purple :rolleyes:
That is cool. Just about as cool as violet eyes, but of course, that's so rare that almost no one will ever see them. ... Man, I want to see some violet eyes.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
That is cool. Just about as cool as violet eyes, but of course, that's so rare that almost no one will ever see them. ... Man, I want to see some violet eyes.
Elizabeth Taylor was said to have violet eyes :eek:

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Violet eyes often look blue, and eye color does change depending on ambient lighting... Looking at pix of Liz, it seems obvious that some have enhanced the color to bring out the violet more. Contacts for that effect were not yet available then :)

C

CandieM

Elizabeth Taylor was said to have violet eyes :eek:

The fact that she had violet eyes is the main reason that her passing really bothers me. It's so rare.

Yes! I knew a girl who had them. Very lovely.
What I'd give to get to see them. Bet they were stunning.

Violet eyes often look blue, and eye color does change depending on ambient lighting... Looking at pix of Liz, it seems obvious that some have enhanced the color to bring out the violet more. Contacts for that effect were not yet available then :)

IKR? They seem indigo and not so much violet, in the true sense of the word, but indigo is still unbelievably beautiful, as an eye color. I also think green, amber, and mahogany (reddish brown eyes?) are outstandingly beautiful.

((dreamy sigh))

T

toinena

I confess: My sister has always been the prettiest one, with wonderful dark hair, good grades, great boyfriends, good at sports. Now she is all grey and I think to my self.... finally! I have finally one positive she doesn't.

L

loverofjesus27

The fact that she had violet eyes is the main reason that her passing really bothers me. It's so rare.

IKR? They seem indigo and not so much violet, in the true sense of the word, but indigo is still unbelievably beautiful, as an eye color. I also think green, amber, and mahogany (reddish brown eyes?) are outstandingly beautiful.

((dreamy sigh))

The eyeshadow kinda messes up her eyes no shadow is more outstanding.

L

loverofjesus27

I'm only interested in dying my hair an unnatural color once it's totally gray.

I don’t know why my mother wants me with red hair all the time...i love her for that. She doesn’t like my real color.

C

CandieM

Last edited by a moderator:
L

loverofjesus27

Yeah but it grows back quickly. To the natural tone.

Didymous

Feb 22, 2018

((dreamy sigh))
Green eyes and red hair is very nice!

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
So when do you dye your hair blue green and will you tell Tourist or just surprise him. :p
Red is as bold as I ever went with hair color I am a blonde by birth... Becoming a white haired wonder as my hair keeps going lighter I expect to be white at some point... maybe then I will try the aqua and purple shock all my friends...and family.

M

Miri

Speaking of hair, as I was getting off the bus yesterday evening, I noticed
a wig someone had left!

I mean, how do you leave your wig on the bus!

4629.gif

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Red is as bold as I ever went with hair color I am a blonde by birth... Becoming a white haired wonder as my hair keeps going lighter I expect to be white at some point... maybe then I will try the aqua and purple shock all my friends...and family.
It is very lovely :) I bet you'd rock it ;):):):)

One thing I noticed, though, when I would occasionally dress up and wear a long-haired wig, either lavender or magenta, is that people would openly stare at me, totally gawking, and it was a little disconcerting, simply because I was not used to it... and then I would have to remind myself why I was being gaped :eek:;):eek: LOLOLOL