Midnight Confessions

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I put some people on ignore on this site and they found out and now they are mad at me. But I thought they were even madder at me when I didnt ignore them?!
But probably people are doing the same thing to me except I wouldnt know. Isnt ignorance bliss?
I have never put anyone on ignore but at times have put several members on Eeyore which I consider an euphemism for being anal retentive.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Is there an eyeore button...? I cant find it.
Isnt anally retentive just the same thing as being constipated? Personally I think the latter is a better word for it, rather than having to use two.

Folks if you need to use the loo...you need to go OUTSIDE the forum. Take as long as you like. Dont hoard all the toilet paper.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Is there an eyeore button...? I cant find it.
Isnt anally retentive just the same thing as being constipated? Personally I think the latter is a better word for it, rather than having to use two.

Folks if you need to use the loo...you need to go OUTSIDE the forum. Take as long as you like. Don't hoard all the toilet paper.
No, there isn't an Eeyore button but that would be an amusing reaction icon to have. Yeah, the toilet paper situation in the US is getting dicey. We were able to score some but in limited amounts. Went to Walmart this afternoon and saw that the entire soap aisle was totally wiped out.

Aug 2, 2009
No, there isn't an Eeyore button but that would be an amusing reaction icon to have. Yeah, the toilet paper situation in the US is getting dicey. We were able to score some but in limited amounts. Went to Walmart this afternoon and saw that the entire soap aisle was totally wiped out.
I went to costco earlier and saw the entire bread aisle empty. And still no toilet paper, paper towels or bottled water.

S

Susanna

I have never put anyone on ignore but at times have put several members on Eeyore which I consider an euphemism for being anal retentive.
I don’t put people on ignore either, but I think members scattered all over cc has pushed the ignore button on old Susanna here😁.

Sonflower

Jan 30, 2016
My midnight confession is.... I haven't been on CC in months... I came back to 5 emails in my inbox - all of them being the monlthy support emails. 😭

Aug 2, 2009
My midnight confession is.... I haven't been on CC in months... I came back to 5 emails in my inbox - all of them being the monlthy support emails. 😭
Those are the only messages I ever get and I'm on here all the time. :D Welcome back, Sonflower. Are you still working ridiculously long hours?

S

Susanna

I’m oftentimes off the grid and when I come back to CC after a month or six, the only emails are the monthly support emails. I guess I’m not highly missed😂.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I went to Costco earlier and saw the entire bread aisle empty. And still no toilet paper, paper towels or bottled water.
I just got back from a shopping excursion to Walmart. I was fortunate to score a fresh loaf of Pepperidge Farm bread as the bread guy had just arrived. No paper products, no canned vegetables, no meat, very little dairy, no soap products and no water. You can sense the desperation in the shoppers scouring the shelves for just anything. Store looked like Apocalypse Now just hit. We did score some toilet paper from Amazon and it has arrived so we're good. :)

Mar 14, 2020
North Carolina
Hi everyone, new here. Not sure if this qualifies as a "Midnight Confession" but couldn't sleep last night so around 1am I was very weak and polished off the last 2 homemade brownies that my Mom gave me earlier in the week when I visited her. Hope nobody here judges me too harshly on my moment of weakness. :D

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Hi everyone, new here. Not sure if this qualifies as a "Midnight Confession" but couldn't sleep last night so around 1am I was very weak and polished off the last 2 homemade brownies that my Mom gave me earlier in the week when I visited her. Hope nobody here judges me too harshly on my moment of weakness. :D
No judgement is passed on this thread whatsoever. Years ago I developed my own brownie recipe for chewy brownies. Everyone loved them but alas, I don't remember the recipe anymore. They did have marshmallow in them that made them chewy. Hopefully, Mom has a platter of Nestle Toll House chocolate cookies for your next visitation. My own mom always had homemade bake treats for the kids (adults) but she's dead now. She made the best spaghetti sauce too and gave me the recipe. Yeah, lost that too. Now I'm doing Prego.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Public libraries announced they were closing from today for 2 weeks so I jumped in the car to borrow 31 books.

HeraldtheNews

Apr 26, 2012
I have to confess that in the past I have viewed images on the internet of women, always seeking artistic, non-sexually oriented images, but just simple beauty. This is an innocent idea. But, usually goes down an unhealthy rabbit trail. It takes a lot of discipline to look at ONE artistic painting or image. There used to be a potato chip ad years ago with a slogan that went: "betcha can't eat just ONE lays potato chip!"
Kareem Abdul Jabbar and Larry Bird
(standard YouTube license, non-professional, demo only, copyright to the Lays chip company(s)

It's about the same with internet images. Even if you seek out artistic images, you have to wade through the swamp to find them, and I would bet big bucks that you can't just find one and call it good. "well....that one was artistically done....how about another?" And another, and another, and then your wife finds out, and wants to know why a woman in your own house and life is not artistic enough. And seriously, this can end marriages.
I'm over it. I have victory over it. If I was to ever view an artistic image, I would want my wife or ladyfriend present, and/or get her permission as to what constitutes art. But, it's a risky activity and can offend a lady, and promotes underage and illicit activity, and an industry that exploits and abuses women, most of whom are coerced and misled, or deceived and enticed for financial desperation, or their unusual beauty.

It takes a saintly heart to appreciate the natural beauty of women, beginning and ending with your own. A pastor told a story or folklore about a lady who rode into a town in her natural beauty on a horse centuries ago. The town considered it a scandal and turned their eyes away. But, one innocent and disciplined monk gazed at her beauty with a pure heart and said, "behold the natural beauty of a beautiful woman made in the image and likeness of God, riding a beautiful horse, one of God's greatest creations!!" (paraphrase from memory-artistic license)

This is an example of an inspired, tastefully created, artistic discreet image, from a Women's Health Magazine that fits this story: The beautiful and unequaled princess of tasteful tease, Chrissy Teigen, who promotes good healthy living through exercise and healthy foods.

And this photo below is my own picture after recovering from an illness through healthy eating and finding healthy activities. Please consider these as examples of modesty, moderation, and artistically inspired images, and repentance from past excesses - seriously, one artistic image is fine, but a whole bag of potato chips is not a healthy diet!
Good health and recovery is possible!
Don't fear the Corona virus.
Share a Corona with a lady.
But, not someone else's lady.
These are just examples for good health and artistic modesty.

Last edited by a moderator:

HeraldtheNews

Apr 26, 2012
We could returns it's midnight for you. :p

*turns down the lights, plays creepy music*
I find your avatar disturbing and unacceptable for Christian chat, as well as your dialog. I have reported you. If you are not here with malicious intent, which I find difficult to believe, change your avatar immediately before you make another post, and keep in mind that this is a Christian chat room. Horror type scenarios, horror movies, etc... will not be tolerated here. Why would a Christian watch a horror movie, or use halloween type scenarios? Turning down the lights should be for relaxing with safe Christian friends and family.
Do not make any more posts in here.
You have been reported and I have requested a permanent ban.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I don’t put people on ignore either, but I think members scattered all over cc has pushed the ignore button on old Susanna here😁.
Yeah, if I put people on ignore I never know if (whisper) they're talking about me! :sneaky:

Aug 2, 2009
I find your avatar disturbing and unacceptable for Christian chat, as well as your dialog. I have reported you. If you are not here with malicious intent, which I find difficult to believe, change your avatar immediately before you make another post, and keep in mind that this is a Christian chat room. Horror type scenarios, horror movies, etc... will not be tolerated here. Why would a Christian watch a horror movie, or use halloween type scenarios? Turning down the lights should be for relaxing with safe Christian friends and family.
Do not make any more posts in here.
You have been reported and I have requested a permanent ban.
It's just hands with different colors of paint on them. Anyway that member hasn't been active in years.