Midnight Confessions

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I have a soft spot for ppl in the food industry. Well,anyone who has to deal with the public face to face. LoL
the last job I was at was for 8 yrs at L.L.Bean working in the call center.
First job I ever had where if ppl were screaming at you being abusive you had the right to politely hang up on them.
I think I only had to do that once.
Best company I ever worked for btw .
Ok trailing off now
LoL I like my cows medium! 🐮😄❤️🐮
Was the LL Bean call center that you worked for in their corporate head-quarters in Freeport, Maine?

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
well in many jobs you dont ever really get a chance to sit down.

my confession such as it is is that im always tempted to share bright ideas and ways to improve things but its not always welcomed by people in charge as they have other priorities. But their focus on other priorities means they and their clients lose out in the long run.

then I feel stupid for having spoken :-(
or even questioned the way things are done. I suppose people dont like it when they are questioned about the decsions they have made (without you) . I might ask WHY, but people often dont bother to tell you WHY NOT.
You should never feel stupid to speaking up to those that simply tone you out. In a lot of companies, those who present bright ideas are well received. I have worked for such companies who consider you to be an asset rather than a liability. It all depends on the couture and philosophy of the company or corporation.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I work in the fast food industry but I’m only half of a people person. Sometimes it gets so tiring having to talk with people all day. But then at other times my brain sort of wanders while I’m working in the sense that I can be talking to the customers just fine but be thinking about something completely unrelated at the same time. Sometimes it causes me to lose focus, but my brain has kinda adapted to the multitasking😂
I appreciate any person who does their best in the workplace regardless of their job or position. Keep up the good work as their are those that do indeed take notice of a hard worker.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
I appreciate any person who does their best in the workplace regardless of their job or position. Keep up the good work as their are those that do indeed take notice of a hard worker.
Yes however with technology advancing faster than working parents can keep up with and remain attentive to their children. Younger more recently educated people with less responsibilities are gaining and often passing working parents. As our knowledge becomes obsolete, taking 16 hours off a day for our and our family's sake becomes detrimental to our carriers and/or our family's welfare. The 40 hour workweek for 20 + years is becoming obsolete. People aren't going back to school to get better jobs as much as in order just to keep their jobs.

I'm glad that I'm retired!

IToreTheSky

Aug 20, 2020
N.Y.
Was the LL Bean call center that you worked for in their corporate head-quarters in Freeport, Maine?
No. It was the one in Waterville,then when that closed I was at the one in Lewiston for my last 6 yrs there. But who knows I may have talked to you. LoL 😆

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
No. It was the one in Waterville,then when that closed I was at the one in Lewiston for my last 6 yrs there. But who knows I may have talked to you. LoL 😆
I have never been to Waterville or Lewiston but I know where those cities are. From Oct 2005 to Mar 2014 I lived in Rockland, Maine. When my late second wife died I moved back to Orlando, Florida. I found the climate in Maine to generally be miserable.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Yes however with technology advancing faster than working parents can keep up with and remain attentive to their children. Younger more recently educated people with less responsibilities are gaining and often passing working parents. As our knowledge becomes obsolete, taking 16 hours off a day for our and our family's sake becomes detrimental to our carriers and/or our family's welfare. The 40 hour workweek for 20 + years is becoming obsolete. People aren't going back to school to get better jobs as much as in order just to keep their jobs.

There are times that I feel like an old derelict but I am still able to work and will probably work until I'm dead. My intention is to keep fighting the good fight as long as possible. In regards to working though, perhaps only part-time as I am worn out and tired. I've been working for the man since 1972, mainly to survive.

The workplace is a jungle and the struggle is real. In my opinion young people in general have a poor work ethic and unreasonable expectation.

I want for God to find a way for me to thrive. I thank God that I have a wonderful loving and faithful wife though. It makes life bearable and at times even joyful. It's not so bad if you think about it.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
There are times that I feel like an old derelict but I am still able to work and will probably work until I'm dead. My intention is to keep fighting the good fight as long as possible. In regards to working though, perhaps only part-time as I am worn out and tired. I've been working for the man since 1972, mainly to survive.

The workplace is a jungle and the struggle is real. In my opinion young people in general have a poor work ethic and unreasonable expectation.

I want for God to find a way for me to thrive. I thank God that I have a wonderful loving and faithful wife though. It makes life bearable and at times even joyful. It's not so bad if you think about it.
Yeah, the youth do have poor work ethics. I sold for Fuller Brush, bagged groceries, mowed lawns and cleaned swimming pools after school. That was for my first car when I was 17. I went to work shoveling dead fish at Purina and joined the Air Force when I was 18. Then used my GI bill to go to college... And life went on.

Most kids now days probably never had blisters on their hands, pushed a manual lawnmower or much less raked a yard and/or used a shovel.

The best way for youths to learn work ethics is by working with elders. That leads back to the family unit and the lack of parental supervision and/or role models.

IToreTheSky

Aug 20, 2020
N.Y.
I have never been to Waterville or Lewiston but I know where those cities are. From Oct 2005 to Mar 2014 I lived in Rockland, Maine. When my late second wife died I moved back to Orlando, Florida. I found the climate in Maine to generally be miserable.
I lived in Winslow for the 9 yrs I was married then to Waterville for my remaining few yrs in Maine.
Guess I was used to the weather because I grew up mainly in Upstate NY. And the weather and landscape are very similar . I have some friends in Florida and for years they've tried to entice me to move there but I don't know if I can handle the humidity. I'm more of a Fall guy,or dry heat. I can be content anywhere I suppose. Not sure if that's a good or bad trait. LoL

up

Banned
Oct 8, 2019

Ummm, more cheese... plesse👍

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Yeah, the youth do have poor work ethics. I sold for Fuller Brush, bagged groceries, mowed lawns and cleaned swimming pools after school. That was for my first car when I was 17. I went to work shoveling dead fish at Purina and joined the Air Force when I was 18. Then used my GI bill to go to college... And life went on.

Most kids now days probably never had blisters on their hands, pushed a manual lawnmower or much less raked a yard and/or used a shovel.

The best way for youths to learn work ethics is by working with elders. That leads back to the family unit and the lack of parental supervision and/or role models.
I fully concur with your estimate. I entered the Air Force at the age of 17 and the Army at the age of 24. Two years of college, no degree. Oh well, live and learn. Based on your many posts I would have to say that you have lived, and are still living, an interesting life. I've been around too, seen some stuff, been there, done that, bought the T-Shirt.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
I fully concur with your estimate. I entered the Air Force at the age of 17 and the Army at the age of 24. Two years of college, no degree. Oh well, live and learn. Based on your many posts I would have to say that you have lived, and are still living, an interesting life. I've been around too, seen some stuff, been there, done that, bought the T-Shirt.
And have the scars to prove it. I never went after a diploma. A certificate of proficiency was good enough for me.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I lived in Winslow for the 9 yrs I was married then to Waterville for my remaining few yrs in Maine.
Guess I was used to the weather because I grew up mainly in Upstate NY. And the weather and landscape are very similar . I have some friends in Florida and for years they've tried to entice me to move there but I don't know if I can handle the humidity. I'm more of a Fall guy,or dry heat. I can be content anywhere I suppose. Not sure if that's a good or bad trait. LoL
The thing about Florida is that we are currently renting a cabin in Tennessee and are in the midst of getting a new mortgage and purchasing a new house. If all goes well, a tentative closing on Dec 21. Our stuff is in Chattanooga in storage and the home that we want is in Jamestown near Knoxville and the northeast border. The closing for our old home was Nov 13 in Clearwater and we slowly made our way north.

Been staying in a lot of hotels and stayed with a brother in Orlando for a week. This gets expensive fast so we are anxious for the loan to get approved and our house to close.

I lived in Michigan also for 28 years so I understand about the cold too. Maine only reinforced that. While in Maine I worked for Target Marketing which mailed out packets of junk mail every week to all the zip codes in Maine. While in the Army in the early 80's I lived in Clarksville, TN for 3 years so I do have experience living in Tennessee. My wife lived there for a few years when she was young.

Basically, we missed the change of seasons, and while Tennessee has those the winters are not as harsh as further north and of shorter duration. Moving was my wife's idea as we are both getting higher in numbers in age and this is something that she has wanted to do for the longest time. Really, I am just going along for the ride because I love my wife and want her to be happy in new surroundings.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
And have the scars to prove it.
Scars are badges of honor for having survived. I've been dinged up a tad too over the years. What doesn't kill us can only make us stronger. We are both alive and kicking so there must be an element of truth to that saying. Probably biblical too but I would have to research that.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
Scars are badges of honor for having survived. I've been dinged up a tad too over the years. What doesn't kill us can only make us stronger. We are both alive and kicking so there must be an element of truth to that saying. Probably biblical too but I would have to research that.
Tested and / or refined (purified) by fire would be in the ball park.

IToreTheSky

Aug 20, 2020
N.Y.
The thing about Florida is that we are currently renting a cabin in Tennessee and are in the midst of getting a new mortgage and purchasing a new house. If all goes well, a tentative closing on Dec 21. Our stuff is in Chattanooga in storage and the home that we want is in Jamestown near Knoxville and the northeast border. The closing for our old home was Nov 13 in Clearwater and we slowly made our way north.

Been staying in a lot of hotels and stayed with a brother in Orlando for a week. This gets expensive fast so we are anxious for the loan to get approved and our house to close.

I lived in Michigan also for 28 years so I understand about the cold too. Maine only reinforced that. While in Maine I worked for Target Marketing which mailed out packets of junk mail every week to all the zip codes in Maine. While in the Army in the early 80's I lived in Clarksville, TN for 3 years so I do have experience living in Tennessee. My wife lived there for a few years when she was young.

Basically, we missed the change of seasons, and while Tennessee has those the winters are not as harsh as further north and of shorter duration. Moving was my wife's idea as we are both getting higher in numbers in age and this is something that she has wanted to do for the longest time. Really, I am just going along for the ride because I love my wife and want her to be happy in new surroundings.
I have close friends who live in Clearwater. What a small world. I hear Tennessee is nice. I think if I were ever to go there and live it would be Nashville because I'd want to help out with feeding the homeless with Sanctuary International. Sounds like you've been busy! Hope all goes smoothly with the transition. ☺