Midnight Confessions

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
My boss from my job of 38 years (which ended over two and a half years ago with the coinciding of covid closures,
cancer, and turning 65) phoned me this morning and asked me if I would be willing to come back to work o_O

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
My boss from my job of 38 years (which ended over two and a half years ago with the coinciding of covid closures,
cancer, and turning 65) phoned me this morning and asked me if I would be willing to come back to work o_O
Sounds like you have been sorely missed by your old boss.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Sounds like you have been sorely missed by your old boss.
I told him I would have to think about it, though full time would be out of the question for me,
and he agreed that three days a week would be fine, @ six hours days, since they are all on a
reduced-hour day. He called just after ten this morning and at first I thought, whoa, no way! LOL.
I like being retired. But I also need a reason to get dressed on any day and walk out my door. Plus,
I did really enjoy my work. There was always that :D So I called him back and said "Yes" after making
sure my pension and security payouts from the government will not in any way be affected :)

I may miss my afternoon naps :unsure::giggle:

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I told him I would have to think about it, though full time would be out of the question for me,
and he agreed that three days a week would be fine, @ six hours days, since they are all on a
reduced-hour day. He called just after ten this morning and at first I thought, whoa, no way! LOL.
I like being retired. But I also need a reason to get dressed on any day and walk out my door. Plus,
I did really enjoy my work. There was always that :D So I called him back and said "Yes" after making
sure my pension and security payouts from the government will not in any way be affected :)

I may miss my afternoon naps :unsure::giggle:
I work 4 days a week after taking a year off during the move from Florida to Tennessee. Not really desperate for the extra money but it does come in handy. Darlene and I are both of Social Security, plus I have a small pension from a previous job, so we are doing OK. I miss the afternoon naps too. :)

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I work 4 days a week after taking a year off during the move from Florida to Tennessee. Not really desperate for the extra money but it does come in handy. Darlene and I are both of Social Security, plus I have a small pension from a previous job, so we are doing OK. I miss the afternoon naps too. :)
I am glad you were able to find work again :) One great thing about this boss is that he lets us
do our own thing as the work load permits, so I shall be able to be online and also do designing
when I have time, just as I did before being involuntarily retired. I will be doing some of the duties
I had done previously, plus picking up a bit of the slack from the person who is leaving. He mentioned
that he really respects the work ethic of people of our generation (he is only mid forties). He does know
I work hard and am very good at my job. :) We will never be busy busy busy again like we were years ago.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Midnight Confession @HealthAndHappiness

After telling you my Jann Arden/Sting story, I listened to a few songs of hers, which I had not done
for quite some time... in fact, I have not heard much of what she's done for years! A newer song of
hers was really sassy (she always was a character LOL) and she still has her voice... oh! that gorgeous
voice. Some of her songs kept playing in my mind :giggle: Then I discovered she was coming to town in
two months, so I spontaneously messaged my daughter and asked her if she would like to go see
Jann Arden, and she immediately responded with, "Sure!" We did see her together once before out
of the five times i have already seen Jann in concert... it must have been about nineteen years ago :D

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I was going to confess, I can be direct but I think its better to be honest and risk coming across as being rude, than lie and be insincere.

Also, it is not wrong to say 'I think this' or that, for Im just one mind and dont refer to myself as 'we' or assume all others will think the same as me. Everyone is free to think their own thoughts, and I dont want to think for them.

But it can get me in trouble when people take it the wrong way, which is never my intention. However people often do not realise their own condescending rudeness toward me. I can forgive that, but its the deliberately rude ones that are like 'Lanolin doesnt know blah blah blah' as if talking about me as if I dont exist when its obviously written for everyone to see is just kinda dumb.

if you have a problem with me, you just say it direct rather than tell tales thinking oh it will get back to me or she doesnt know it. I can handle it. Dont sugar coat it and call me sweetheart darling honeybunch as if Im a little girl who needs to be coddled.

I was thinking of the narrowpath on CC who was involved with Robertt. I have this to say.

.. the guy that cheats on a girl and hides it or covers it up by pretending she wont find out...or what she dont know wont hurt her cos shes too dumb...is stupid.

If you going to cheat on someone, why not just say to the girl whos going to be cheated on...Im going out with xx now. If you wanna come with you can so I can see two girls at once but if you dont want to go with me anymore thats fine too.
Give her the option and satisfaction of dumping you. Be the man.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I was thinking of the narrowpath on CC who was involved with Robertt. I have this to say.

.. the guy that cheats on a girl and hides it or covers it up by pretending she wont find out...or what she dont know wont hurt her cos shes too dumb...is stupid.

If you going to cheat on someone, why not just say to the girl whos going to be cheated on...Im going out with xx now. If you wanna come with you can so I can see two girls at once but if you dont want to go with me anymore thats fine too.
Give her the option and satisfaction of dumping you. Be the man.
This Robert guy is simply bad news. Sobs 'cause he can't get a girlfriend, finally finds one and then proceeds to cheat on her. Sad. I feel bad for her.

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
This Robert guy is simply bad news. Sobs 'cause he can't get a girlfriend, finally finds one and then proceeds to cheat on her. Sad. I feel bad for her.
The guy has made all sorts of bizarre posts. I am frankly stunned that no one else has noticed this. He appears to be a man who does not take his Christian commitment seriously. I know we all have our struggles and our battles. But, they should be battles.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Regarding on-line romance, unless you have the wherewithal to possibly leading to marriage you should not even attempt to pursue initiating such a relationship. These are real people here and not virtual. People can really get hurt and suffer loss and heartbreak. You cannot in good conscience simply delete them if things go south. That's not right. What this member did was unconscionable.