Midnight Confessions

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Ruby123

Mar 1, 2019
Regarding on-line romance, unless you have the wherewithal to possibly leading to marriage you should not even attempt to pursue initiating such a relationship. These are real people here and not virtual. People can really get hurt and suffer loss and heartbreak. You cannot in good conscience simply delete them if things go south. That's not right. What this member did was unconscionable.
On line has become so callous. People will ghost one another or swipe left (or right, whichever direction it is)
There is so much to choose from they think nothing of leaving one for someone whom they think is more attractive.
It really is quite heartless. Having said that many do meet online and it all works out. It just depends on the individuals.
My advice would be do not fall so quickly for someone online as you really are just dealing with words and the person behind the words can be manipulating the whole time.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
And we should ALL be taking EVERYTHING to Him first, perhaps that is why the online relationships that DO work are successful, that He used that way to bring His two together?

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
On line has become so callous. People will ghost one another or swipe left (or right, whichever direction it is)
There is so much to choose from they think nothing of leaving one for someone whom they think is more attractive.
It really is quite heartless. Having said that many do meet online and it all works out. It just depends on the individuals.
My advice would be do not fall so quickly for someone online as you really are just dealing with words and the person behind the words can be manipulating the whole time.
I fully agree with what you have said. I agree, the wrong individual can cause a lot of heartbreak.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
not sure you can even have a relationship online ...

an imaginary one maybe. Why would you want to' fall ' for someone again? As in, fall in a trap. and why would you do it? Bored? Got nothing better to do?

News flash. People lie. Men talk a lot of rubbish, they'll be married and then come online trying to groom younger women to be their mistresses, cos they cant do it any other way. as has been known to happen.

Whatever.

its like David oh Bathsheba was bathing naked right in front of my eyes! Nevermind that Im married, shes married, its my right as a King to sleep with her. God approves of everything I do cos Im da man.

ok.
whatever.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
not sure you can even have a relationship online ...

an imaginary one maybe. Why would you want to' fall ' for someone again? As in, fall in a trap. and why would you do it? Bored? Got nothing better to do?

News flash. People lie. Men talk a lot of rubbish, they'll be married and then come online trying to groom younger women to be their mistresses, cos they cant do it any other way. as has been known to happen.

Whatever.

its like David oh Bathsheba was bathing naked right in front of my eyes! Nevermind that Im married, shes married, its my right as a King to sleep with her. God approves of everything I do cos Im da man.

ok.
whatever.
A lot of peeps meet online, later meet in person, and eventually, sooner rather than later, get married. Of course, you must be wise and exercise caution and discernment. People do lie, but you could meet someone at work and that person may lie to you and treat you like a piece of trash. I talk from experience. Total disaster. On the other hand, my two online romances turned out well. Go figure.

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
Real life can be just as dysfunctional, if not worse. But... I totally agree that too many people view others online as textual inputs and not human beings. It's why they prefer to be online, IMO. They have, in an environment such as this, a relationship they can control. If you grow bored with someone, you don't have to go through some awkward separation process or, gasp, you don't have to try to work it out. No, you can just slap someone on ignore. Easy peazy.

This has been my issue with these kinds of forums for years. Chat sites, dating sites, sites like this... even the Christian ones are not safe from such nonsense.

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
Real life can be just as dysfunctional, if not worse. But... I totally agree that too many people view others online as textual inputs and not human beings. It's why they prefer to be online, IMO. They have, in an environment such as this, a relationship they can control. If you grow bored with someone, you don't have to go through some awkward separation process or, gasp, you don't have to try to work it out. No, you can just slap someone on ignore. Easy peazy.

This has been my issue with these kinds of forums for years. Chat sites, dating sites, sites like this... even the Christian ones are not safe from such nonsense.
What, they don't care for giant dinos???

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
My experiences online have been quite frustrating. Back in the 90s it was much better. Today, it's become a kind of holodeck for most people. You think that's funny? I don't.
Something got lost in the translation, wow.

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
I confess....
Sometimes during a meal (like tomorrow's) or meeting I want to jump up and stand on the middle of the table with a sword held up high and shout, "There can be only one"....

But instead I usually just hum the song

I am immortal.....

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
this thread has also taken a detour

hmm

I was just going to confess a friend said she was broke and couldnt go out I just said well call me when you not broke as she didnt want to just hang out somewhere for free. She was the one who wanted to go to a restaurant and asked me to pick her up.

Im not covering her for not being wise with money, even if you on a fixed income, as prices are going up and everyones probably broke these days, so nobody is going to bother going out for no reason other than to spend money are they.

It might teach her to save, unless shes spending all her money on vapes again - I didnt ask.

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
this thread has also taken a detour

hmm

I was just going to confess a friend said she was broke and couldnt go out I just said well call me when you not broke as she didnt want to just hang out somewhere for free. She was the one who wanted to go to a restaurant and asked me to pick her up.

Im not covering her for not being wise with money, even if you on a fixed income, as prices are going up and everyones probably broke these days, so nobody is going to bother going out for no reason other than to spend money are they.

It might teach her to save, unless shes spending all her money on vapes again - I didnt ask.
That sounds more like tatteling than confession....

And the thread is supposed to be about YOUR secrets and not somebody else's.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
? whatver DB
I just confessed my secret

being broke is not a really a secret
what happens when you are broke is you just dont spend for a while and save up enough money
My thing is not to make things worse for someone whos broke by asking them out to things that cost money. But thing is, she was the one who asked and wanted to go in the first place. so its on her.

If I cant afford to go to something, I'll just say I cant go. Or its not in my budget.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
the vape thing my friend said she quit, but I did ask how much it was costing her and she was like $40 a vape, and that is not something you can afford to do all the time. A restaurant meal might cost that much! So if she was spending her money on that and being broke so she cant go out, then thats not my problem is it.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Its not like I will go out with her then I'll just stay home. We dont have to go to a restaurant.