Midnight Confessions

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Haha yeah I'm not one for the ignore feature either, but I'm glad it's there for those who want to use it. Really it only bothers me when people use it as a means to gossip about others. 🤷‍♀️

Personally I find it way more annoying to not know what someone is saying. The only people on here who could actually hurt me are the ones whose opinion I respect, and I'm not going to ignore people I respect lol. 😆

But yeah, those Eeyores be somethin' else! 😵
I totally get what you are saying. :)
 
Hmm what about people who disrespect you..are they respectable themselves?

God has no respect of persons. Well He's God, he can like or dislike anyone He chooses because there is nobody above Him. Actually, if we look at the example of Jesus, he favoured humanity, because he was human too.

It was only when people acted inhuman, that really got his goat.

While someone may be 'nice' to others, they could be really cruel to someone else they see as lesser. It's like abusers are not mean to everyone but their targets.

This is why police often get called to domestic violence and often their attitude is, well this man isn't hurting anyone except his own wife,,,they can sort it out themselves. ??!
 
The reason I don't go on things like facebook or twitter (x) is the gossip. Or Reddit.

Plus, it seems ok for people to gossip and speculate about me, I don't really care that much but when I talk about them, suddenly it's not. So much for turning the other cheek.

I remember one time I was away from school as I was very sick, and everyone wondered where I was. The rumour went round that I was pregnant. My friend stopped that one pretty quick!

I just laughed at that one. Cos I wasn't, obviously.

If I was I probably wouldn't be hiding it. But if I suddenly got fatter in the tummy it might be that somebody could think I was!
 
@tourist I was looking back on this thread about how you quit smoking for a while, but now it seems you've taken it up again.
Why? Are you stressed?

Also you have a job even though its past retirement age to pay for the cigarettes. Wow I can't imagine, but I guess a lot of people do this to finance their habits.

However it's good you have confessed it and asking for help and support. I think most people who smoke do want to give it up, but its so addictive that there's huge withdrawals if they do. If God could take away your craving it would be a miracle right?

Lord I'm asking can you PLEASE work a miracle in tourists life, and not just for him, but for his wife too. Let your spirit move, I know it already does, but the cigarettes are costing him dearly. Also he can't use that money to buy his wife flowers if it's all being spent on cigarettes. My grandfather who smoked all his life and miraculously didn't die of lung cancer, did give it up eventually because it cost too much. So I know it can be done!
 
@tourist I was looking back on this thread about how you quit smoking for a while, but now it seems you've taken it up again.
Why? Are you stressed?

Also you have a job even though its past retirement age to pay for the cigarettes. Wow I can't imagine, but I guess a lot of people do this to finance their habits.

However it's good you have confessed it and asking for help and support. I think most people who smoke do want to give it up, but its so addictive that there's huge withdrawals if they do. If God could take away your craving it would be a miracle right?

Lord I'm asking can you PLEASE work a miracle in tourists life, and not just for him, but for his wife too. Let your spirit move, I know it already does, but the cigarettes are costing him dearly. Also he can't use that money to buy his wife flowers if it's all being spent on cigarettes. My grandfather who smoked all his life and miraculously didn't die of lung cancer, did give it up eventually because it cost too much. So I know it can be done!
I sincerely appreciate your prayers and concern.

Yes, there is a certain amount of stress in my life but that in itself does not justify smoking. Yes, the cigarettes are poor use of money, money that could be put toward a better use.

If I do quit smoking I will implement your idea about buying the wife flowers. Maybe chocolates too.

I am deeply touched by your concern.

God bless you.
 
  • Heart
Reactions: seoulsearch
I sincerely appreciate your prayers and concern.

Yes, there is a certain amount of stress in my life but that in itself does not justify smoking. Yes, the cigarettes are poor use of money, money that could be put toward a better use.

If I do quit smoking I will implement your idea about buying the wife flowers. Maybe chocolates too.

I am deeply touched by your concern.

God bless you.
Not if...When!

Maybe make it a SMART goal.

You could also buy chocolate flowers. Two in one!
 
  • Like
Reactions: tourist
Never heard of them. Have to look for them next time I make a run to the smoke shop.

Noticed that these are tobacco-free. Probably a tad less dangerous I suppose. Really, I should just quit smoking. I consider cigarettes to be my choice of tranquilizer. Who am I kidding? I must be some kind of idiot to willingly poison myself. Seriously.
 
I bought vitamin gummies.
When full price they are very expensive, and how do I know they aren't full of sugar? Some say 'natural' but then sugar is natural. How can I tell if they have vitamins or not, when it's probably all the sugar giving me energy.
 
  • Like
Reactions: tourist
This is why police often get called to domestic violence and often their attitude is, well this man isn't hurting anyone except his own wife,,,they can sort it out themselves. ??!
I have zero tolerance for guys that verbally, physically, or emotionally abuse their wives.
 
  • Heart
Reactions: seoulsearch
I agree with you, children are victims who are adversely affected by domestic violence. Divorce too. Bad things that contribute to a toxic environment.
I'm so glad/lucky/blessed that my dad has self control for the most part and never did anything terrible to my mum that would make her want to run away.
Other parents... well I could tell you some stories but I think unhappy families are all unhappy in their own way.

Anyway, maybe change the topic cos..things like that make me upset.
 
I agree with you, children are victims who are adversely affected by domestic violence. Divorce too. Bad things that contribute to a toxic environment.
This may b hard to understand but, children can also take positives from their parents abusive relationship , yes , I know , very controversial comment 🙀 . My mum and dad taught me a lot . These r all going to sound like negative things and I apologise for that but to me , knowing these things has been helpful to me . They taught me that , no one knows anyone unless they live with or spend a lot of time with them , people can have many different faces , people r capable of being vile to their own flesh and blood , people will protect themselves over everybody else every time , people can and do tell bare faced lies , some people hurt other people for no other reason than they genuinely enjoy it , never ever trust anyone 100 per cent , lots of people do not want to believe that some people can b very horrible to one person and nice to other people , lots of people refuse to believe that there r horrible people in this world and they will refuse to believe u when u tell them about someone being horrible especially if they know that person and that person is nice to them , most people don't change for the better they just change their tactics as they become either weaker or cleverer at disguising themselves , given enough time people will show u who they r , when they do show u their evil side , recognise that this is their true nature and everything else they project is just a mask . I could go on , they all sound awful don't they 😞 however , knowing these things from a very early age has ensured that no one has ever hurt me physically , mentally , emotionally or spiritually other than my parents . That's not to say that others haven't tried but , I saw them coming a long way off and made sure not to let them get to me . My mum and dad taught me some invaluable lessons about people and I'm sure those lessons have helped me avoid some disasters that other people might not have seen coming . I know now that people r capable of anything . Good or bad . Even people we know or rather , think we know .