Midnight Confessions

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
I read pulp fiction when I ought to read edifying classics.

Also, I had written what amounts to be a novel but I could never get anyone to publish it because who would read stories I just made up and not copied from somewhere else?
 
I read pulp fiction when I ought to read edifying classics.

Also, I had written what amounts to be a novel but I could never get anyone to publish it because who would read stories I just made up and not copied from somewhere else?
I would probably give it a read.
 
It was called Breakfast at Denny's.

I don't know if I'd be allowed to publish it because Denny's might get wind of it and not like it lol. I didn't write anything mean about Denny's though.
 
  • Like
Reactions: zeroturbulence
It was called Breakfast at Denny's.

I don't know if I'd be allowed to publish it because Denny's might get wind of it and not like it lol. I didn't write anything mean about Denny's though.
You can just changed the name to Benny's or Lenny's.
 
I read pulp fiction when I ought to read edifying classics.

Also, I had written what amounts to be a novel but I could never get anyone to publish it because who would read stories I just made up and not copied from somewhere else?
I have stories in my head that I want to write but I know someone would probably copy them and try to make money from them.

Here's one teaser as an example:
A planeload of school children and their teachers crash lands on what they think is a deserted island, but the island is actually a secret island used by drug smugglers....
 
I have stories in my head that I want to write but I know someone would probably copy them and try to make money from them.

Here's one teaser as an example:
A planeload of school children and their teachers crash lands on what they think is a deserted island, but the island is actually a secret island used by drug smugglers....
They all attend a really rich private school because no other school in the world could afford their own private jet, founded by the mysterious Will Gatecrash...whom nobody has ever met...but the monies always end up in the school's Swiss bank accounts every week gaining compound interest.....
 
  • Like
Reactions: zeroturbulence
They all attend a really rich private school because no other school in the world could afford their own private jet, founded by the mysterious Will Gatecrash...whom nobody has ever met...but the monies always end up in the school's Swiss bank accounts every week gaining compound interest.....
I know someone who didn't go to an expensive private school but her class went to Paris. The parents paid for it.
 
I know someone who didn't go to an expensive private school but her class went to Paris. The parents paid for it.
Did they live near Paris?
Or were their parents really rich?

I don't doubt that as lots of parents kids do expensive sports where they travel to all these championships/tournaments. But they may be travelling economy, not on private jets.
 
Did they live near Paris?
Or were their parents really rich?

I don't doubt that as lots of parents kids do expensive sports where they travel to all these championships/tournaments. But they may be travelling economy, not on private jets.
No they live here in California. Paris is like a 20 hour flight. Her parent's aren't rich but it was pretty expensive. The trip I took with my class was a 3 or 4 hour flight. It's pretty common here in the states for schools to do trips like that. A lot of the kids here have phones costing more than $1000.
 
I'm hoping the next CC adventure is at Rainbow's End

Those who've already been to Disneyworld will be in for a surprise. :LOL:

 
  • Love
Reactions: zeroturbulence
No they live here in California. Paris is like a 20 hour flight. Her parent's aren't rich but it was pretty expensive. The trip I took with my class was a 3 or 4 hour flight. It's pretty common here in the states for schools to do trips like that. A lot of the kids here have phones costing more than $1000.
I'd say their parents are rich if they can afford trips like those.
Maybe you are comparing yourselves to billionaires. I mean how rich is rich?

When you are poor there is no way you can afford and no you don't have a phone costing $1000 unless it was stolen.
 
  • Like
Reactions: tourist
The trips are for senior year in high school. The final year before everyone goes off to college or university. Or trade school.
Did you enjoy it?

I remember we all went camping in my final year and I really didn't like it. lol
It was a 3 hour bus ride on windy roads, and when got there had to pitch tents and cook our own food, and do long hikes in the hot hot sun. Some students would be totally into it, but I wasn't. It was near some lakes.

I think I would have preferred going to Rainbows End or the Hot Pools, or Hobbiton (if they'd had it back then) . One year we went and stayed on a marae, went black water rafting at Waitomo. Another time we camped at Karekare, which is a wild surf beach on the west coast. My fourth form year went to the snow, at National Park and climbed Mt Ruapehu. Memories!

It would have been real expensive to fly to the South Island though, probably was cheaper to fly to Australia and go to the theme parks on the Gold Coast. I still haven't been.