MODERN CHRISTIANS WORSHIPPING THEIR HEATHEN GODS--by tossing out the 7th Day Sabbath

  • Thread starter Thread starter ClaudiaT
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
We are to use all the Bible for doctrine not part of it. It is incorrect to ask for just part of the Bible for doctrine.

Is it applicable for us to build an ark?
Is it applicable for us to sacrifice a red heifer?
Is it applicable for us to build an alter and offer the blood of bulls?

????

Just asking that is.
 
So does God accept me if I do not do the Sabbath day? as on Friday sundown to Saturday sundown?

John 6:44No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Has God revealed to you "to do the Sabbath day?

Numbers 15:28And the priest shall make an atonement for the soul that sinneth ignorantly, when he sinneth by ignorance before the Lord, to make an atonement for him; and it shall be forgiven him.

Hebrews 10:26

For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
 
John 6:44No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Has God revealed to you "to do the Sabbath day?

Numbers 15:28And the priest shall make an atonement for the soul that sinneth ignorantly, when he sinneth by ignorance before the Lord, to make an atonement for him; and it shall be forgiven him.

Hebrews 10:26

For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

Oh please! WomanLovesTX Hebrews 10:26 is for apostates.
 
We are to use all the Bible for doctrine not part of it. It is incorrect to ask for just part of the Bible for doctrine.

Is it applicable for us to build an ark?
Is it applicable for us to sacrifice a red heifer?
Is it applicable for us to build an alter and offer the blood of bulls?

????

Just asking that is.

Are you trying to prove the OT void? That is a weak argument. The 10 commandments can be found in the book of Genesis. Do you think any of the 10 commandments in the OT are void?


Revelation 14:12 KJV
(12) Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.
 
We are to use all the Bible for doctrine not part of it. It is incorrect to ask for just part of the Bible for doctrine.

Is it applicable for us to build an ark?
Is it applicable for us to sacrifice a red heifer?
Is it applicable for us to build an alter and offer the blood of bulls?

????

Just asking that is.

So would you go sacrifice your son if God asked you to? Like he asked Noah, priests, (your above items) and Abraham? God made it simple for most of the rest of us by asking us to obey His 10 commandments. Then He gave us a sure way to do just that by sacrificing His Son - Jesus does for us what we can't do for ourselves. No one ever hears that though.


And yes if God asked me to do any of it now I would but since Jesus has already died I don't believe He would make some of those requests. However, He did ask me to preach a sermon and I did that even though public speaking is not my thing and He knows it was the last thing on earth I wanted to do. But I feel I must obey and His laws are not grevious but are laws of love to Him and our fellow men.
 
We are to use all the Bible for doctrine not part of it. It is incorrect to ask for just part of the Bible for doctrine.

Is it applicable for us to build an ark?
Is it applicable for us to sacrifice a red heifer?
Is it applicable for us to build an alter and offer the blood of bulls?

????

Just asking that is.
Yes, it certainly is applicable. We are to learn about faith through the building of the ark, and taking it deeper there are many spiritual truths involved, even that through faith in Christ we have eternal life, He is our spiritual ark. We need this scripture to learn. Sorry, I have never been able to understand the red heifer at all, wish I did. And certainly, we need to know all that the blood of bulls did, for Christ is now the blood. The blood of bulls, when applied right, worked for atonement and we are told it wasn't complete like Christ's blood, but we are to learn.

We even need to know that when the blood of bulls was used to satisfy God as the blood was used to satisfy idols so God would give good crops, God said I hate your sacrifice. We need all the bible, not part of it, to fully understand.
 
I will never meet all of God's will. I do know that I have accepted Jesus Christ as my saviour and try as best as I can to be like Him. I fail everyday in my efforts. Who here has never failed?
 
Are you trying to prove the OT void? That is a weak argument. The 10 commandments can be found in the book of Genesis. Do you think any of the 10 commandments in the OT are void?


Revelation 14:12 KJV
(12) Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.
So you can give me concrete scripture in Genesis where someone other than God observed the 7th day?
 
In all your diligent search, show us in the scriptures of the NT church epistles, not the gospels, but after Pentecost where there was any reference to or instructions given to the church and body of Christ to keep or remember the Sabbath. You can even study the many references in the book of Acts relating to the Sabbath but never are they in the context of the church keeping the Sabbath. Show me where any of those churches and assembly of believers specifically gathered on the Sabbath like the Jews did.

For those wanting to argue with what I said this is what I responded to. Brad C is trying to use only part of the Bible to prove the sabbath does not have to be kept. This subject is about the sabbath not sacrificial laws. Any wishing to continue means you would prefer not to use the OT.
 
I am still struggling with which heathen gods Claudia T claims Christians are worshiping and how they worship them by not worshiping on Sabbath?
 
So you can give me concrete scripture in Genesis where someone other than God observed the 7th day?

Showing texts is not the problem, you believing it is. Can you show me a text that says God's people in Genesis did not keep the sabbath?
Genesis 26:5 KJV
(5) Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.
 
I thought God asked the Hebrews to obey the 10 commandments?

Nope the laws were in effect even at creation, ask Cain why God asked about his murdered brother and Sabbath was instituted as a memorial celebration day at the end of creation week. Laws were given by word of mouth. God walked and talked with Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden. Of course they only had one thing not to do before the fall and that was spoken by God do not eat of the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

Just as I would tell my daughter what I expected out of her by the rules of the house after the fall I'm sure He let them know what was expected. Again the questioning of Cain - and Cain knew he was doing wrong before he did it. In the wrong sacrifice and the murder.
 
John, the writer of Revelation said the commandments of God were to love God and love one another, his Lord taught him that. The Ten Commandments were written by the hand of God, they are the only things God wrote with his own hand, certainly we do not willfully disobey his commandments and expect forgiveness.
This teaching that we as christians must observe the jewish sabbath is simply not scriptural. Jesus Christ is our sabbath rest, since the days of the apostles christians met on the first day of the week for corporate worship, sunday has been the sabbath day of rest for 99.9% of christendom for 2,000 years.
To condemn anyone is a sin, but to condemn 99.9% of christendom for not following jewish tradition is blasphemy of the Holy Spirit that has filled and led believers for 2,000 years.
 
Are you trying to prove the OT void? That is a weak argument. The 10 commandments can be found in the book of Genesis. Do you think any of the 10 commandments in the OT are void?


Revelation 14:12 KJV
(12) Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

No not trying to prove the O.T. void and if you have followed any conversation that I have been in, you will find that I quote it quite often....POINT Is that there are some things in the O.T. that are NOT APPLICABLE UNTO US...so really before you assume something about me why not just politely ask instead of making mouthy comments such as.....are you trying to prove the OT void? That is a weak argument. Geez!
 
So would you go sacrifice your son if God asked you to? Like he asked Noah, priests, (your above items) and Abraham? God made it simple for most of the rest of us by asking us to obey His 10 commandments. Then He gave us a sure way to do just that by sacrificing His Son - Jesus does for us what we can't do for ourselves. No one ever hears that though.


And yes if God asked me to do any of it now I would but since Jesus has already died I don't believe He would make some of those requests. However, He did ask me to preach a sermon and I did that even though public speaking is not my thing and He knows it was the last thing on earth I wanted to do. But I feel I must obey and His laws are not grevious but are laws of love to Him and our fellow men.

God did not ask Noah or the priests to sacrifice their sons...and you are missing the point of my post. Go read again slowly!
 
Nope the laws were in effect even at creation, ask Cain why God asked about his murdered brother and Sabbath was instituted as a memorial celebration day at the end of creation week. Laws were given by word of mouth. God walked and talked with Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden. Of course they only had one thing not to do before the fall and that was spoken by God do not eat of the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

Just as I would tell my daughter what I expected out of her by the rules of the house after the fall I'm sure He let them know what was expected. Again the questioning of Cain - and Cain knew he was doing wrong before he did it. In the wrong sacrifice and the murder.

I'm just going to keep posting this until one of you can tell me you are keeping the Sabbath!


Then there's the rest of the laws concerning the Sabbath (seventh) day:

1. No work done at all (Ex. 20: 10; Lev. 23: 3; Jer. 17:21-22). No watering the lawn, no working in the yard, no hobbies, no surfing, no fixing flat tires, etc. By law if a person did not stop all types of activity in honor of the Sabbath, he was breaking the law. In Numbers 15:32-36 a man was caught collecting sticks on the Sabbath, and he was stoned to death.
2 No kindling of a fire (Ex. 35:3). No fellowship cookouts or barbecues. You can't go into a restaurant and get a hamburger that's been flame broiled, you can't cook eggs, or pancakes in the morning because you'd be kindling a fire for cooking. To drive a car would be to "kindle a fire" In the combustion chamber of your engine.
3. No traveling at all (Ex. 16:29). Later the Jews added to this law, allowing only a half mile of travel on the Sabbath which we see observed in the NT. But the pure law says "stay at home." Actually, If you kept this part of the law, you could not travel to your church gathering unless it was less than one-quarter mile away from home. If you had an emergency you could not drive to the hospital.
4. No trading (Amos 8:5). If you happened to need gas to get to church service, you could not "trade" money for gasoline. You would not be allowed to buy a cassette tape of that morning's message or a book at the store. There is to be No exchanging of money for goods. If you worked with stocks and you needed to sell you couldn’t.
5. No marketing (Neh. 10:31; 13:15,19). Make sure you do no shopping whatsoever. You can't buy any ice cream for dessert after dinner or anything else. If you run out of food or drink at home you can’t go out to purchase any, you can’t even by a stick of gum.
6. A holy assembly with double the daily offering along with the other offerings. In other words, you are to give twice as much on the Sabbath (Num. 28:9).Do we practiced this today In compliance with Old Testament law. Do Sabbatarian's really practice the law? I have yet to see people go to Shabbat and give twice as much each week.
7. New showbread In the holy place (Lev. 24:8). Of course this cannot be done today since there is no temple, so this part of the Sabbath cannot be followed by the church. The fact Is the Sabbath was not made for the gentiles, but for the Jews and their generations (Ex. 31:12-17). It's a law given between God and the Jews.
8.The last part of the requirements for keeping the Sabbath day law Is the penalty for breaking It. DEATH


So, which of you are keeping the Shabbat of the 10 commandments?
 
Yes, it certainly is applicable. We are to learn about faith through the building of the ark, and taking it deeper there are many spiritual truths involved, even that through faith in Christ we have eternal life, He is our spiritual ark. We need this scripture to learn. Sorry, I have never been able to understand the red heifer at all, wish I did. And certainly, we need to know all that the blood of bulls did, for Christ is now the blood. The blood of bulls, when applied right, worked for atonement and we are told it wasn't complete like Christ's blood, but we are to learn.

We even need to know that when the blood of bulls was used to satisfy God as the blood was used to satisfy idols so God would give good crops, God said I hate your sacrifice. We need all the bible, not part of it, to fully understand.

Not my point RED...as it is NOT APPLICABLE FOR US TO BUILD AN ARK--->KEY STATEMENT Is it applicable for us to build an ark?
Is it applicable for us to sacrifice a red heifer?
Is it applicable for us to build an alter and offer the blood of bulls?

????DO YOU GUYS READ THE POSTS OR DO YOU SEE ONE WORD AND GO OFF ON A TANGENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Reading from beginning noticing Claudia T came in with a very over bearing
tone, I was really turned off. LONG posts.. I checked out a couple of things
she gave.... I kept feeling in my spirit, this is I believe Seven Day Adventist ???
Okay, I don't care what she is. But I do see a pattern of some odd "I have your
back" people. Maybe I just never met them before.. ... So I go on reading.....
I am thinking this is against the rules of CC isn't it ? Am I wrong in thinking
she is trying to take away a Christian group from Christian Chat, or is she
taking over Christian Chat, because that is what I feel.
Read rules :
Rules for Chat Rooms and Forums


Here are our chat room and forum rules. Most of these "rules" are simply common sense and proper Christian conduct, but for reference here they are.


2. No conduct that is offensive or counterproductive to fellowship.

We like to welcome all to Christian Chat, but if anyone is not here for fellowship (or for wanting to know about Christianity), but simply for disrupting fellowship, offending people, whatever, then that person is not welcome.

3. No flooding.

Please don't flood the whole chat screen with your messages.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
If Christians who attend Church on Sunday are worshiping the sun god Baal, then would those who worship on Saturday or "Saturnalia" be worshiping the pagan god Saturn? I would never claim that.