So if Jesus took all of my sins past present and future. Paid the full punishment and penalty for every commandment broken. Then how could it be as a born again Spirit filled believer would I be punished for what has clearly all been paid?
By God I think you are getting it. Watch out though, here comes the enemy to plant thoughts in your heads as was done to the Corinthians?
You are forgiven by God yes, fact, now here comes the thought well since I am forgiven period, I can do what I want, anmd no matter if I harm you or you or you, or do this or that and do things against others will, why not I am forgiven already past tense, so I will get drunk, eat all the food before the rest of the body shows up, round up the hookers from the Brothel with shaven heads, have them behind the pulpit and preach we are free to do as we please.
That is what was going on in the Corinth Tabernacle at that time.
So this is why Paul wrote 1 Cor. to them to straighten out the heresy that they were taking advantage of. They were not acting as to what God did for them as in why God forgave us all in advance, The purpose behind it to respond in thankfulness and praises to God, having God's love imputed in them working through them, were flesh selfishness makes no more sense
So then we see this verse:
Hebrews 2:3 how shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him;
And me personally, I have no desire to use God's Son Christ as an escape goat to get away with doing anyone else wrong.
As people use getting drunk as an excuse for committing harm to their neighbor or the twinky defense as an excuse for bad behavior
There is no excuse God went to the cross for us to redeem us in Spirit not flesh. we have the message of reconciliation, so then let us be reconciled to God in love to all, freed out of Jail, freed to love as God loves all, shown through Son to us all