Modern Day Prophets

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

Consumed

I'll give a true situation that involved a Christian married couple. After (10) yrs of marriage the husband left his wife and got divorce two years later. Seven months prior to the divorce the separated wife has an affair with a married man and gets pregnant. Everybody thinks that the child belongs to the separated husband but he has no idea what happened. The separated husband is not reconciled to his wife and is remarried to another woman. The ex-wife is also remarried to another man who is not the father of her child.

You say what a mess and God says .... How does God look upon this and how does restoration take place for all parties? Can they be restored to God and function as Spirit-filled believers through God's mercy and grace? Did the cross pay for all sin involved in this situation and if all sin has been paid for how should these parties respond and how should those not involved, but know of the situation, respond to these parties? According to your understanding of the scriptures what do you say?
Sad situation no doubt. Grace is the only recourse to a repentant heart for getting into such a mess. I'd be more interested to know what pastoral care and counsel they received when it was going down, they are the ones who get judged more so, end up being one of the least in heaven for teaching the wrong stuff.

Elizabeth619

Jul 19, 2011
HEY!!!!!
Im not in the mood to fight lately. Im still stickin to my beliefs, but fighting is pointless.

G

giantone

I'll give a true situation that involved a Christian married couple. After (10) yrs of marriage the husband left his wife and got divorce two years later. Seven months prior to the divorce the separated wife has an affair with a married man and gets pregnant. Everybody thinks that the child belongs to the separated husband but he has no idea what happened. The separated husband is not reconciled to his wife and is remarried to another woman. The ex-wife is also remarried to another man who is not the father of her child.

You say what a mess and God says .... How does God look upon this and how does restoration take place for all parties? Can they be restored to God and function as Spirit-filled believers through God's mercy and grace? Did the cross pay for all sin involved in this situation and if all sin has been paid for how should these parties respond and how should those not involved, but know of the situation, respond to these parties? According to your understanding of the scriptures what do you say?
My understanding is if you made your bed you sleep in it. You are married to who you are married to. Fulfill your responsibility's the best you can

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
The problem is, many people think they are looking to Jesus, and Jesus supports their doctrines. But it is not Jesus they are actually listening to. it is satan coming to look like Jesus. and leading them astray. If there are not "checks and balances" we can not know for sure it is Jesus who is speaking.
Jesus does not fail to bring truth though. :)
Scripture speaks to everything hidden will be revield.
Jesus also said I will not allow any to be taken from my hand.
Even Paul spoke to thosewho were not correct in bringing the word of Jesus, all that mattered is that those hearing recieve Jesus, simply because Jesus brings all truth.
If one does not find Jesus, it is because what they sought, was not Jesus but self, thus never accepting the truth because it was not what they wanted.
We all in Jesus hope that we witness truthfully, but we still fall short of it.
Jesus is the truth that brings us through faith.

Personally, any thinking that it is up to me to make sure someone is getting it right, could be a sign of pride.
I do not say this is something any one else is doing. :)
Its just, I came to see that my thinking I had to make sure all had it correct, spoke to a lack of faith.
I just know that in Jesus, God Our Father has never failed to chastise me, bring correction.
Sometimes one needs to realise that Jesus will not fail to bring compleation of His work in another. :)
We can plant the seed, but we cannot make it grow, that is God's glory in Jesus! :)

In Jesus, God bless.
pickles

C

Consumed

Jesus does not fail to bring truth though. :)
Scripture speaks to everything hidden will be revield.
Jesus also said I will not allow any to be taken from my hand.
Even Paul spoke to thosewho were not correct in bringing the word of Jesus, all that mattered is that those hearing recieve Jesus, simply because Jesus brings all truth.
If one does not find Jesus, it is because what they sought, was not Jesus but self, thus never accepting the truth because it was not what they wanted.
We all in Jesus hope that we witness truthfully, but we still fall short of it.
Jesus is the truth that brings us through faith.

Personally, any thinking that it is up to me to make sure someone is getting it right, could be a sign of pride.
I do not say this is something any one else is doing. :)
Its just, I came to see that my thinking I had to make sure all had it correct, spoke to a lack of faith.
I just know that in Jesus, God Our Father has never failed to chastise me, bring correction.
Sometimes one needs to realise that Jesus will not fail to bring compleation of His work in another. :)
We can plant the seed, but we cannot make it grow, that is God's glory in Jesus! :)

In Jesus, God bless.

pickles
Wise words pickles

Jun 24, 2010
HEY!!!!!
Im not in the mood to fight lately. Im still stickin to my beliefs, but fighting is pointless.

Beth,

I would like to know from your point of view how God could buy back these individuals in this situation through His redemption. In what way does God have the wisdom, the mercy and the goodness to be able to redeem this situation?

Ps 130:7,8

7Let Israel hope in the LORD: for with the LORD there is mercy, and with him is plenteous redemption. 8And he shall redeem Israel from all his iniquities.