Mom and Pops

  • Thread starter Thread starter MegMarch
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

MegMarch

Guest
What kinds of things do you find yourself doing that are just like your parents?

My dad always wears a long sleeved, plaid shirt and Carhartt vest during winter when bumming around, and I find myself recently following suit (granted with several more layers). ❄️
 
Driving Fords
There does seem to be a loyalty to dress, taste, activities, another reminder of being raised up in the way we should go.
 
Probably something flatulent related but I don't want to be rude lol
 
I do see myself growing in to some of his mannerisms and i hear his voice in my own sometimes which is a little haunting
 
My mother always ate the tails of our fried shrimp, and so do my sister and I.
 
the stuff we saw, we learned was "normal", and many of those show up later, do they not?
There is a phrase handed down, "Someday you will see your fathers arm coming out of your sleeve".
 
It must be ok, that seems to be the way he made us, and it seems our friends here will be our friends there.
Blessings in Jesus name.
 
When I was a kid had to make my bed before I left for school, and pick up my clothes out of the floor. Now the only time i make my bed is when I wash my sheets and same way with my clothes.
 
Oh my gosh I had a “I sound like my mother” moment when I was driving home from work. One thing I’ve always had exasperation from is when mom makes comments about other people not obeying the traffic laws. “It’s none of our business,” I’d always think under a sigh. But in this situation I was so dang tired from work, when suddenly a guy decided to bolt across the crossing way when it was a “no walk” zone. I heard myself say, “Annnnnnnnnd he crossed that when it was red.”

I had a physical jolt. When did mom get into the car?!
 
Oh my gosh I had a “I sound like my mother” moment when I was driving home from work. One thing I’ve always had exasperation from is when mom makes comments about other people not obeying the traffic laws. “It’s none of our business,” I’d always think under a sigh. But in this situation I was so dang tired from work, when suddenly a guy decided to bolt across the crossing way when it was a “no walk” zone. I heard myself say, “Annnnnnnnnd he crossed that when it was red.”

I had a physical jolt. When did mom get into the car?!

Your Mom was also teaching any who may have been with her to pay attention to the laws of the road………..it could save a life, even better several livess. Good going Mom"