Moses law in stone vs. Christ’s law in our hearts.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Aug 2, 2021
I did not say the bible cannot be interpreted. The passage i gave earlier (Matthew 5 18-20) is clear and leaves no place to interpretation. the same for the one below;

Matthew 7:21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ 23 And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’

speaking of interpretation, people have a tendency to interpret the bible to favor themselves. I did that myself in the past but i know better now. Sometimes the words of GOD require some efforts on our part to understand properly and put into practice ( the commandments ) .

From 1 john 5: 1-3 (KJV);

1Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him. 2By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments. 3For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

As for Romans 6-15 it is entirely your choice who to believe, Jesus Christ of paul.

Blessings brother In Christ.

JF
Believe Both as they do not contradict.
Christ fulfilled the Law on our behalf and then nailed it to the Cross on His Body.
Jesus quantified the Law in Himself and in Two Commandments = Love God & Love your neighbor

Aug 2, 2021
I thought you were shocked by what I wrote about Paul/Jesus above. Is the cancer corrected? Well, I'll do another blood test this June.

I do find it a bit odd that I have a normal blood sample when I had the blood draw called by a high-end clinic from Seattle. These people in Wenatchee have treated me like a battery for their machines, or, a source of money. In other words, I wouldn't put it past them that they falsified my first blood sample. The doctor wanted me to have an immediate removal of my prostate . . . I told him "negative. Not going to happen."

I don't trust these people in this po-dunk town,
Humans are cash cows to the 'practitioners'.
With that said, you MUST do your part in aligning your body with Greens, Veggies, Fruit and Healthy Diet choices.

Feb 24, 2022
No added refined/processed sugar, corn syrup or any of that stuff and she uses gluten free organic flour

My wife will add some fresh Raw honey from local Hiver but a very small amount.

i start, middle and end my day with a Green powder mix and a special powder nutrition.
Wow, that's cool. Man shall not live by bread alone indeed, all nutrients are required in a balanced diet.

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
Humans are cash cows to the 'practitioners'.
With that said, you MUST do your part in aligning your body with Greens, Veggies, Fruit and Healthy Diet choices.
I'll have a better chance to get myself aligned with these foods, as I just applied to work in a produce department today. We'll see what happens. :)

Aug 2, 2021
Wow, that's cool. Man shall not live by bread alone indeed, all nutrients are required in a balanced diet.
Because of the satanic globalist agenda(Monsanto) i rarely have bread and when we do it is Organic whole grain only.

Aug 2, 2021
I'll have a better chance to get myself aligned with these foods, as I just applied to work in a produce department today. We'll see what happens. :)
Love me some fresh juiced carrots with a big hunk of Ginger and Parsley into a juicer= Try that out Brother

If you cannot tolerate Ginger well, or first timer, start with a small amount.

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
Love me some fresh juiced carrots with a big hunk of Ginger and Parsley into a juicer= Try that out Brother

If you cannot tolerate Ginger well, or first timer, start with a small amount.
I Love ginger. I'm a Japanese man trapped in a white man's body. :ROFL:

Aug 2, 2021
Have you ever dwelt on what fruits and foods that were created by the LORD before the Flood???
It mus have been truly amazing.
Which is why the fallen angels were told to cut down the Trees........

Feb 24, 2022
Have you ever dwelt on what fruits and foods that were created by the LORD before the Flood???
It mus have been truly amazing.
Which is why the fallen angels were told to cut down the Trees........
While one thing is for sure, according to Gen. 1:29, before the Flood, everyone was vegan, even supposed carnivores were vegan. There was no food chain - or food web. According to one chapter in Isaiah about everlasting peace, it's not just a totaly makeover of human society, all these animals will live peacefully together when the millenial kingdom is established, the whole world will be reverted into that original ecosystem.

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
I will respond tomorrow as i am falling asleep at the wheel.

Good Nite Brother and be Blessed in Him and His Holy Spirit
Indeed. I was telling myself that it's past 11pm for you. Sleep well and have a perfect day tomorrow.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
these are the curses the law brought in -------pretty awefull existence trying to keep something you can't keep ---and bring Curses upon yourself --------Why would anyone want to keep laws that you can't keep and bring Curses upon yourselves is beyond me -------these Curses are still in effect today people for your disobedience ------A curse causeless shall not alight the scripture says ---------by trying to keep the laws that you can't keep ---your causing the curses to come upon yourselves -------
Another way of saying you are trying to keep the law is to say you repent of sin. You are teaching against repenting of sin, yet this is the message Christ came to bring us. You either want to sin or don't want t sin, you either repent of sin or want to sin. We are told about the sin we do not repent of but want to keep, called willful sin.

Hebrews 10:26 For if we go on sinning deliberately after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins,

1 John 3:4-10 Everyone who makes a practice of sinning also practices lawlessness; sin is lawlessness. You know that he appeared to take away sins, and in him there is no sin. No one who abides in him keeps on sinning; no one who keeps on sinning has either seen him or known him. Little children, let no one deceive you. Whoever practices righteousness is righteous, as he is righteous. Whoever makes a practice of sinning is of the devil, for the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the works of the devil. ...

lastofall

Aug 26, 2014
Your reference is to which is the greatest commandment; but your question was to the difference or comparison between the law of Moses and the law of Christ (or to say between the law and grace).
[for me anyway] The Law is judgment without mercy, and Grace is mercy without judgment; and mercy rejoiceth against judgment.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
Your reference is to which is the greatest commandment; but your question was to the difference or comparison between the law of Moses and the law of Christ (or to say between the law and grace).
[for me anyway] The Law is judgment without mercy, and Grace is mercy without judgment; and mercy rejoiceth against judgment.
I don't think you are correct when you say the difference is between law and grace.

God extended grace to us from the time Adam and Eve disobeyed. The sacrificial system was a shadow of Christ, the source of grace. There are OT scriptures telling of God's grace, especially in the psalms. It is through grace that we have Abraham, Moses, or David.

As it says in Romans, the law is holy and good but it is and always has been incapable of saving our souls, or producing grace.

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
One way to express the difference between the Laws of Moses and the Law of Christ, is that the Gentiles were grafted into the Body of Christ without the requirement of following the Laws of Moses. This obviously means that following the Laws of Moses was no longer a requirement to be in a Right relationship with our Powerful God.

Another way to express the difference between Laws is the expression of Peter as recorded in Acts 10 and 11.

Acts 11:6-9 NKJV - "When I observed it intently and considered, I saw four-footed animals of the earth, wild beasts, creeping things, and birds of the air. "And I heard a voice saying to me, 'Rise, Peter; kill and eat.' "But I said, 'Not so, Lord! For nothing common or unclean has at any time entered my mouth.' "But the voice answered me again from heaven, 'What God has cleansed you must not call common.'"

In a vision, and in an instant, Peter had learned that the Laws of Moses had come to an end, at least in terms of eating meat. Paul confirms this fact when he boldly stated that all meat is clean . . . and is this not directly linked to why he was hated, and perhaps ultimately killed? Paul was killed because he was essentially claiming that the Law of Christ, or, the Laws of the Spirit of Life were replacing the old written Laws . . . Laws written upon tablets of stone that "could not save" as Blik has stated above.

Romans 14:20 ESV - "Do not, for the sake of food, destroy the work of God. Everything is indeed clean, but it is wrong for anyone to make another stumble by what he eats."

Certainly, and we know for sure, that at least some elements of the Laws of Moses were completely done away with. Such as, the sacrifice of animals, for the sacrifice of Christ removed the policy of animal blood for human blood. Instead, it would be the blood of Christ that would cover us with Redemption, thus making us Right with God.

studentoftheword

Nov 12, 2021
We should pity those who turn back to the Law after receiving the truth of the ministry of righteousness.
Worth repeating Folks ---------Pay attention ---I fully agree with this Statement -----

We should pity those who turn back to the Law after receiving the truth of the ministry of righteousness.

Jesusfollower

Oct 21, 2021
jamaica
One way to express the difference between the Laws of Moses and the Law of Christ, is that the Gentiles were grafted into the Body of Christ without the requirement of following the Laws of Moses. This obviously means that following the Laws of Moses was no longer a requirement to be in a Right relationship with our Powerful God.

Another way to express the difference between Laws is the expression of Peter as recorded in Acts 10 and 11.

Acts 11:6-9 NKJV - "When I observed it intently and considered, I saw four-footed animals of the earth, wild beasts, creeping things, and birds of the air. "And I heard a voice saying to me, 'Rise, Peter; kill and eat.' "But I said, 'Not so, Lord! For nothing common or unclean has at any time entered my mouth.' "But the voice answered me again from heaven, 'What God has cleansed you must not call common.'"

In a vision, and in an instant, Peter had learned that the Laws of Moses had come to an end, at least in terms of eating meat. Paul confirms this fact when he boldly stated that all meat is clean . . . and is this not directly linked to why he was hated, and perhaps ultimately killed? Paul was killed because he was essentially claiming that the Law of Christ, or, the Laws of the Spirit of Life were replacing the old written Laws . . . Laws written upon tablets of stone that "could not save" as Blik has stated above.

Romans 14:20 ESV - "Do not, for the sake of food, destroy the work of God. Everything is indeed clean, but it is wrong for anyone to make another stumble by what he eats."

Certainly, and we know for sure, that at least some elements of the Laws of Moses were completely done away with. Such as, the sacrifice of animals, for the sacrifice of Christ removed the policy of animal blood for human blood. Instead, it would be the blood of Christ that would cover us with Redemption, thus making us Right with God.
these are the curses the law brought in -------pretty awefull existence trying to keep something you can't keep ---and bring Curses upon yourself --------Why would anyone want to keep laws that you can't keep and bring Curses upon yourselves is beyond me -------these Curses are still in effect today people for your disobedience ------A curse causeless shall not alight the scripture says ---------by trying to keep the laws that you can't keep ---your causing the curses to come upon yourselves -------

Read and weep

Deuteronomy 28:15-68
yes some or all these curses will apply to people who knowing the law refuses to follow it. The law was given for a reason. The law is still valid and must be followed. Jesus himself during his ministry was teaching the law in the temple because the pharisee distorted and corrupted it to their advantage. They hid behind the law but were hypocrites not following it. All im saying here is that if we love GOD we must try out very best to do what he asks. Assuredly, only Christ could fulfil the Law.

Truth will always find a way, Jesus is the way.

JF

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
yes some or all these curses will apply to people who knowing the law refuses to follow it. The law was given for a reason. The law is still valid and must be followed. Jesus himself during his ministry was teaching the law in the temple because the pharisee distorted and corrupted it to their advantage. They hid behind the law but were hypocrites not following it. All im saying here is that if we love GOD we must try out very best to do what he asks. Assuredly, only Christ could fulfil the Law.

Truth will always find a way, Jesus is the way.

JF
I'm sorry to say this, but what you have offered above just doesn't fit with anything that I've read in the Bible.

"The law is still valid and must be followed." - Who am I? No one, but Paul would have said this to you . . .

Galatians 3:10-13 NLT - "But those who depend on the law to make them right with God are under his curse, for the Scriptures say, "Cursed is everyone who does not observe and obey all the commands that are written in God's Book of the Law." 11 So it is clear that no one can be made right with God by trying to keep the law. For the Scriptures say, "It is through faith that a righteous person has life." 12 This way of faith is very different from the way of law, which says, "It is through obeying the law that a person has life." 13 But Christ has rescued us from the curse pronounced by the law. When he was hung on the cross, he took upon himself the curse for our wrongdoing. For it is written in the Scriptures, "Cursed is everyone who is hung on a tree."

"Jesus himself during his ministry was teaching the law" - To a point, yes, for He had not be sacrificed for our sake. Therefore, the Law remained as a guardian for the Jews.

Galatians 3:24-25 NLT - "Let me put it another way. The law was our guardian until Christ came; it protected us until we could be made right with God through faith. 25 And now that the way of faith has come, we no longer need the law as our guardian."

But did Jesus teach the entire law? No, for he let go the adulterous woman where the Law of Moses called for her death.

Hosea 6:6 KJV - "For I desired mercy, and not sacrifice; and the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings."
Matthew 9:13 KJV - "But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance."

If we are to follow the Law, why are we not stoning people for such sins today? Are we eating forbidden meats? Are we spending days outside of the camp for touching dead bodies?

I'm sorry, but I just don't understand where you're coming from. Scripture is so utterly clear about the four stages of law.

1) Pre-Law of Moses
2) The Law of Moses
3) The Moral law
4) The Laws of the Spirit of Life.

Completing a timeline, chronological reading of the Bible will help to make the structure and progression of these laws very clear.