The old testament was His training manual. Ours too. Plus we get the new testament too.
And He probably had some other books we don't need, but He did.
Not necessarily. He fulfilled prophecy in many cases because he knew human nature. He also knows us in every detail.
Matthew 12:14-21 (KJV)
[SUP]
14 [/SUP]Then the Pharisees went out, and held a council against him, how they might destroy him.
[SUP]
15 [/SUP]But when Jesus knew
it, he withdrew himself from thence: and great multitudes followed him, and he healed them all;
[SUP]
16 [/SUP]And charged them that they should not make him known:
[SUP]
17 [/SUP]That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying,
[SUP]
18 [/SUP]Behold my servant, whom I have chosen; my beloved, in whom my soul is well pleased: I will put my spirit upon him, and he shall shew judgment to the Gentiles.
[SUP]
19 [/SUP]He shall not strive, nor cry; neither shall any man hear his voice in the streets.
[SUP]
20 [/SUP]A bruised reed shall he not break, and smoking flax shall he not quench, till he send forth judgment unto victory.
[SUP]
21 [/SUP]And in his name shall the Gentiles trust.
Isaiah 42:1-4 (KJV)
[SUP]
1 [/SUP]Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect,
in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles.
[SUP]
2 [/SUP]He shall not cry, nor lift up, nor cause his voice to be heard in the street.
[SUP]
3 [/SUP]A bruised reed shall he not break, and the smoking flax shall he not quench: he shall bring forth judgment unto truth.
[SUP]
4 [/SUP]He shall not fail nor be discouraged, till he have set judgment in the earth: and the isles shall wait for his law.
The law of Jesus is the law of God for Jesus did nothing without God's approval.
John 8:26-32 (KJV)
[SUP]
26 [/SUP]I have many things to say and to judge of you: but he that sent me is true; and I speak to the world those things which I have heard of him.
[SUP]
27 [/SUP]They understood not that he spake to them of the Father.
[SUP]
28 [/SUP]Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am
he, and
that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things.
[SUP]
29 [/SUP]And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him.
[SUP]
30 [/SUP]As he spake these words, many believed on him.
[SUP]
31 [/SUP]Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word,
then are ye my disciples indeed;
[SUP]
32 [/SUP]And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.