MPW's Parrots

  • Thread starter Thread starter MadParrotWoman
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

MadParrotWoman

Guest
Thought it about time I introduced you to the fids - feathered kids.

This is Beau when he was a baby, in this pic he still has grey edging on his red tail and black eyes. He has a really sweet temperament and will not bite unless you were to annoy him - you can usually tell by repeated warnings with his body language and then...well it's pretty much your own fault!

1456085_10153559741235045_2036400038_n[1].jpg

Now he is 6yrs old..

216389_10150578065970045_8221201_n[1].jpg

He comes out for a couple of hours each night and also much of Saturdays. He adores my husband, wanting head scratches from him and dozing on his shoulder/chest. He will fly from me to him when hubby walks in the room but will return to me if I'm in the kitchen cupboards! Yeah I know - cupboard love lol.

Below is "Argyle" named after our local football team as he is green - the colour they wear. He was pre-owned and is an extremely bad tempered male - don't be fooled by the "cuteness" his beak is evil! Sometimes we call him Satan bird lol. He is territorial and doesn't like anyone going near his cage. He is also very noisy when a stranger is in the house - so much so we sometimes have to cover his cage which quietens him down. I believe Argyle is about 9yrs old.

1914738_270840305044_1001927_n[1].jpg
 
Guess that you put your nickname
to get along with them LOL,
Madparrotwoman =)
 
Love your pics of the parrots, and the stories about them. So glad I wandered into Misc. tonight!
 
yes, thanks MPW,

we love all kinds of birds and studying their ways and habits -
they are awesome!
:)
 
I think they are beautiful, but parrots scare me. Any bird scares me. Those beaks hurt! But I'm sure once you understand their body language it's not scary. A lot of people are afraid of horses but I can read a horse's body language perfectly.
 
I think they are beautiful, but parrots scare me. Any bird scares me. Those beaks hurt! But I'm sure once you understand their body language it's not scary. A lot of people are afraid of horses but I can read a horse's body language perfectly.
There is nothing scary about Beau, he is so sweet natured and would be more afraid of you. Argyle on the other hand....beak like a needle (small beaks are more deadly - trust me I know!) lol yep even I don't mess with him!
 
Beau's Vocab:

I'm off out for a bit.
Toast
Breakfast time.
Biscuit
You're a good boy.
Jordan!
I'm beautiful.
Oooh you're good
Yes you are.
What you got?
Is that nice?
Shut up (when Argyle is being noisy)
Come on then.

There's more but I can't think right now lol
 
The grey one is really cool looking. The green one? Ah, how's his personality? ;)
 
Beau's chattering away this morning - more:
Gis a kiss
Dad?
Bye bye
Night night
What you got?
I can see you.
'right Beau?

I've not heard him say more that 6 words in one sentence. He makes lots of noises.

The dreaded smoke alarm, police cars from the TV, the microwave, running water, sneezes, sniffs (lol) and lots of other sounds I can't make out.
 
Beau's chattering away this morning - more:
Gis a kiss
Dad?
Bye bye
Night night
What you got?
I can see you.
'right Beau?

I've not heard him say more that 6 words in one sentence. He makes lots of noises.

The dreaded smoke alarm, police cars from the TV, the microwave, running water, sneezes, sniffs (lol) and lots of other sounds I can't make out.

Do they sit on your shoulders when you're home?
 
No, I wouldn't let Argyle anywhere near me - nor would anyone else. Beau does occasionally - if he wants something but he is on my husband's shoulder whenever he gets the opportunity.
 
Thought it about time I introduced you to the fids - feathered kids.

This is Beau when he was a baby, in this pic he still has grey edging on his red tail and black eyes. He has a really sweet temperament and will not bite unless you were to annoy him - you can usually tell by repeated warnings with his body language and then...well it's pretty much your own fault!



Now he is 6yrs old..



He comes out for a couple of hours each night and also much of Saturdays. He adores my husband, wanting head scratches from him and dozing on his shoulder/chest. He will fly from me to him when hubby walks in the room but will return to me if I'm in the kitchen cupboards! Yeah I know - cupboard love lol.

Below is "Argyle" named after our local football team as he is green - the colour they wear. He was pre-owned and is an extremely bad tempered male - don't be fooled by the "cuteness" his beak is evil! Sometimes we call him Satan bird lol. He is territorial and doesn't like anyone going near his cage. He is also very noisy when a stranger is in the house - so much so we sometimes have to cover his cage which quietens him down. I believe Argyle is about 9yrs old.
Do parrots eat people?
 
Awww MPW they are gorgeous!
Thank you for sharing. I love you dearest.
Have a lovely day at church