Must we repent in order to be forgiven?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jan 17, 2021
I posted to you the words Jesus actually said and you are offended that they don't fit John Calvin's book of OSAS.
Revelation 3:16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spew thee out of My mouth.
17 Because thou sayest, “I am rich and increased with goods and have need of nothing,” and knowest not that thou art wretched and miserable, and poor and blind and naked,
18 I counsel thee to buy from Me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich, and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed and that the shame of thy nakedness may not appear, and anoint thine eyes with eye salve, that thou mayest see.

1 Peter 4:17
For the time has come that judgment must begin at the house of God

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
Yes, that is the gospel that Paul preached along with all his other doctrine which has been interpreted and misinterpreted by men in order to establish followers to their specific dogma making the gospel of none effect
And along with the book of ephesians. There should be no way in which a man reads Ephesians and comes away with works salvation.

4According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

5Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

6To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

7¶In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

E

EleventhHour

I posted to you the words Jesus actually said and you are offended that they don't fit John Calvin's book of OSAS.
Which post?

I am as far from Calvinist as one can get and ferociously so and btw John Calvin did not invent OSAS, Jesus imparts eternal life and eternal is eternal.

E

EleventhHour

Revelation 3:16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spew thee out of My mouth.
17 Because thou sayest, “I am rich and increased with goods and have need of nothing,” and knowest not that thou art wretched and miserable, and poor and blind and naked,
18 I counsel thee to buy from Me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich, and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed and that the shame of thy nakedness may not appear, and anoint thine eyes with eye salve, that thou mayest see.

1 Peter 4:17
For the time has come that judgment must begin at the house of God

Spewing out his mouth is not loss of salvation, these are people who are saved but are not relying on him, eternal life is not in view.

Jan 17, 2021
And along with the book of ephesians. There should be no way in which a man reads Ephesians and comes away with works salvation.

4According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

5Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

6To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

7¶In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;
you are ignorant of how faith operates. We who have faith let it work within us to produce fruit unto God. Work is no more work. It is through the renewing of our mind by the Spirit that faith is built up within us

E

EleventhHour

says you in order to preserve your false doctrine
I know every scripture that the NOSAS crowd uses and none of it stands up to proper hermeneutics.
Sorry you have been sold a bag of false goods.
My words will not persuade you but if you were truly open to truth God would convict of the plan of salvation He created, not the man made one you have constructed.

Jesus gives eternal life, saved is saved.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
Calvinism does not offer ' eternal security ' ,it claims to on the surface. But its no better than works salvation. Lordship salvation is distinctly calvinstic .

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
you are ignorant of how faith operates. We who have faith let it work within us to produce fruit unto God. Work is no more work. It is through the renewing of our mind by the Spirit that faith is built up within us
Yes but it has nothing to do with getting to heaven .

Jan 17, 2021
Which post?

I am as far from Calvinist as one can get and ferociously so and btw John Calvin did not invent OSAS, Jesus imparts eternal life and eternal is eternal.
Matthew 13:21 yet hath he not root in himself, but endureth for a while. For when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the Word, by and by he loses faith.

John 15:6 If a man abide not in Me, he is cast forth as a branch and is withered; and men gather them and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

" John Calvin was known for his theology called Calvinism; Once Saved Always Saved. Often times the OSAS debate can be difficult unto the Arminius believer or Calvinist. No matter what position that is being taken, either position is not positioning well with each other in theology.

Calvinistic believers tend to be well versed and have responses to these debates, looking over the Jacobus Arminius argument with their scope of understanding; most Calvinist are very adamant about their position. Arminius or Calvin, both positions are well versed.

Calvinist Christians and groups can vary in opinions or on the degrees of Calvinism "

Jan 17, 2021
Interpretation of scripture is subject to how men read and understand them. There were divisions since the beginning of Christianity and the apostles warned their followers of those who would seek to draw followers to themselves and not continue in the harmony of the gospel and the power of the Spirit.

Each believer today should examine himself whether he is in the faith apart from the denomination or leadership he belongs to. When you come together as a body is Jesus there in the midst? When you come together are you unified in the Spirit and brought into the presence of God or are you gathered as men and being taught as men by man? The body should manifest the gifts of the Spirit and be edified of itself in love. Men's doctrine will teach that the gifts are not for today. All things should be done in and through the Spirit. Clearly we live in an age of apostasy and so-called Christians walk as men and not as the sons and daughters of God.

Jan 17, 2021
I know every scripture that the NOSAS crowd uses and none of it stands up to proper hermeneutics.
Sorry you have been sold a bag of false goods.
My words will not persuade you but if you were truly open to truth God would convict of the plan of salvation He created, not the man made one you have constructed.

Jesus gives eternal life, saved is saved.
"My words will not persuade you but if you were truly open to truth God would convict of the plan of salvation He created, not the man made one you have constructed."

I believe, therefore, I am (thanks be to God!). Nothing I have constructed here

Jan 17, 2021
OSAS will have you believe God hasn't given man the ability to choose to believe the gospel or reject the Gospel. They also will say you don't have a choice to follow God once you believe, or choose to turn from Him once you have accepted. It is a false doctrine from hell itself.