My mother/COVID

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Sharp

May 5, 2009
Hi everyone.

My mother is in her 70s, has poor health and a very weak immune system.

Where she is right now, COVID is running rampant, and if she got it, she would most likely die :(

She is mentally ill and has not been thinking straight since the pandemic began. She thinks the vaccines are dangerous and refuses to get vaccinated. She also thinks she would be sinning if she got vaccinated because aborted fetuses were used in the 70s to create some vaccines.

Please pray for her to think clearly, make the right choices for her health, and survive this pandemic. I'd really like her to meet her grandchildren if they come along.

Thank you friends :)

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
Hi everyone.

Where she is right now, COVID is running rampant, and if she got it, she would most likely die :(

She is mentally ill and has not been thinking straight since the pandemic began. She thinks the vaccines are dangerous and refuses to get vaccinated. She also thinks she would be sinning if she got vaccinated because aborted fetuses were used in the 70s to create some vaccines.

Please pray for her to think clearly, make the right choices for her health, and survive this pandemic. I'd really like her to meet her grandchildren if they come along.

Are you saying she's mentally ill for not trusting the vaccines?

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
Hi everyone.

Your mother sounds like a clever lady. She is dead right about the vaccines - if she receives them, they most likely will kill her. They are also a sin, in my mind.

I pray that God will continue to strengthen her with wisdom and hope she will meet her grandchildren. :)

Shilo

Aug 31, 2011
Father God I pray for the healing and spirit soul and body of Sharp’s mother,Amen

Shilo

Aug 31, 2011
Father God, Lord you have said if there is any sick among us to ask for the church to pray. Lord, you have said the prayer of the faithful shall save the sick. Lord, I pray that you strengthen the faith of this daughter of yours and give her wisdom and understanding in the way that she should go. Help her Lord to trust in you, in your word, and in the provisions that you provide for her health in spirit soul and body. amen

Sharp

May 5, 2009
Your mother sounds like a clever lady. She is dead right about the vaccines - if she receives them, they most likely will kill her. They are also a sin, in my mind.

I pray that God will continue to strengthen her with wisdom and hope she will meet her grandchildren. :)
This is a ridiculous comment.

Aug 4, 2021
Will send her a thought. Good to hear that she has strong faith. So happy for her being strong and not fear death, and question her faith. And I am pretty sure that fetuses have been used in developing the vaccines. It does not matter for me, if they do not use it in production, if they used them in the research. So for me it is not only validating abortion, it is parttaking in abortion. Very serious, big nono, worse than voting for politicians who want to expand abortion"rights". Because you do something personal. Speak to her, hear her out, this is not crazy at all, basic faith.

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
Hi everyone.

Tell her that I'm 70, I've had my first shot and with minimal side effects. Nothing that rest and Panadol did not fix. I thought about the issue for several weeks. I looked at the issues. I concluded that the conspiracy hysteria was and is totally without foundation.

Yes, aborted foetus cells were used. It's not like organs were harvested or an infant murdered to enable the vaccine to be produced. The link below link gives a bit of the history. The cells from the 60's are still being grown in the lab. They are not human beings. They are from human beings. That's a vital distinction. If someone was on life support while involuntarily donating cells, that would be different.

https://www.chop.edu/centers-programs/vaccine-education-center/vaccine-ingredients/fetal-tissues

Yes, it would be far better if there was an alternative way of producing vaccines. At the same time, countless lives have been saved by vaccines. People donate organs, (even while they are alive), donate bone marrow and their blood to save lives.

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
This is a ridiculous comment.
Why do you find truth ridiculous? Listen to your mother. The parents more often than not are wiser than the children.

Tararose

Sep 30, 2020
Uk
www.101christiansocialnetwork.com
Well, firstly I am sorry that you have this to face. It is sad to think that anyone we love will put themselves at risk and maybe suffer because of it.

But, your mum is entitled to her opinions, as much as you are. And regardless of what anyone thinks, your mum isn't technically/scientifically wrong re. the abortion factor concerning vaccines.

Nowadays, the government couldn't get away with taking dead babies and (making a massive profit out of them?) producing free or low cost vaccines for all the world, (whatever your take is on the reality of that).
But they don't have to, because the cells used in the vaccine process now, are not harvested from recently aborted babies, instead, they are simply newer generations of developed/reproduced cells, starting from the original aborted babies' cells harvested way back in the 70's.

These newer cells are perhaps distant relatives in our minds, but genetically speaking, they are the same because they were grown from the DNA of those harvested baby cells.

I don't think anyone who wishes to abstain from "benefiting from the death of murdered babies", which is generally how their consciences feel about it, should be condemned for following what they believe to be very good and moral convictions.

I know it is hard, it is our mother. I am sorry for your pain, but I think the Lord admires one who is hot or cold and not lukewarm when it comes to convictions such as this.

Romans 14
Do Not Cause Another to Stumble
4. Who are you, judging another’s servant? To the own master he stands or falls. And he will be upheld, for the Lord is able to uphold him.
13 Therefore let us not pass judgment on one another any longer, but rather decide never to put a stumbling block or hindrance in the way of a brother.
14 I know and am persuaded in the Lord Jesus that nothing is unclean in itself, but it is unclean for anyone who thinks it unclean.
22 The faith that you have, keep between yourself and God. Blessed is the one who has no reason to pass judgment on himself for what he approves.
23 ... For whatever does not proceed from faith is sin.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
She also thinks she would be sinning if she got vaccinated because aborted fetuses were used in the 70s to create some vaccines.
Many vaccines from recently past decades have had aborted stem cell fetus tissue in them.

N

New_Day

I know it is hard, it is our mother. I am sorry for your pain, but I think the Lord admires one who is hot or cold and not lukewarm when it comes to convictions such as this.
Correct fetal cell line of many decades ago, not fetal tissue.

Was the baby aborted for this purpose?

No

As well, the"hot and cold" reference is not connected to this moral/ethical issue.

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
Many vaccines from recently past decades have had aborted stem cell fetus tissue in them.
But two wrongs (or any number of them) don't make a right. This is further justification of the evils of vaccination.

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
The "new to the public" mRNA vaccines don't have human cells from fetuses used in their manufacture...

AstraZeneca Oxford vaccine does
Johnson and Johnson vaccine does.

Novovax will not either when it finally hits the market...it's finishing up testing in India now as it's the home of the Delta Variant...
But it's going to be the most expensive vaccine.

I know that for many it's practically impossible not to form opinions based on mistrust...

But if you can't help your high school student with their mathematics homework do not even believe that you actually know anything about Epidemiology, physiology, virology, or immunology or even modern biological chemistry.
Advanced calculus and mathematics is used in each of these scientific fields...
Just because someone has a political agenda and is promoting fear and mistrust for the fearful doesn't mean that you should buy into it.

Aug 4, 2021
The "new to the public" mRNA vaccines don't have human cells from fetuses used in their manufacture...

AstraZeneca Oxford vaccine does
Johnson and Johnson vaccine does.

Novovax will not either when it finally hits the market...it's finishing up testing in India now as it's the home of the Delta Variant...
But it's going to be the most expensive vaccine.

I know that for many it's practically impossible not to form opinions based on mistrust...

But if you can't help your high school student with their mathematics homework do not even believe that you actually know anything about Epidemiology, physiology, virology, or immunology or even modern biological chemistry.
Advanced calculus and mathematics is used in each of these scientific fields...
Just because someone has a political agenda and is promoting fear and mistrust for the fearful doesn't mean that you should buy into it.
The thing for folks, is that fetal tissue has been used in research of vaccines. Otherwise they can not grow the virus to create antibodies/vaccines. For a christian person who is deadset against abortion, it can be an issue even if the material is from two abortions in the 60s. We do not know her argumentation for her stance. She would have to elaborate so we can understand. This is a topic that people can conversate about, if somebody makes a thread. Nobody is wrong, just disagree on where the line in the sand is.

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
The thing for folks, is that fetal tissue has been used in research of vaccines. Otherwise they can not grow the virus to create antibodies/vaccines. For a christian person who is deadset against abortion, it can be an issue even if the material is from two abortions in the 60s. We do not know her argumentation for her stance. She would have to elaborate so we can understand. This is a topic that people can conversate about, if somebody makes a thread. Nobody is wrong, just disagree on where the line in the sand is.
For a lot of people...
They enjoy various sausages....from balogna to frankfurters people to keilbassa people have eaten these things with great relish.

But if you ever visit a sausage factory you lose your appetite for them immediately... because you saw that there is absolutely nothing appetizing going on inside those factories...in fact just the opposite.

But before your visit you didn't even think twice about picking some up at the grocery store or buying one at a ball game or other vendor.

Same thing applies here.

People have been told all kinds of things using an ounce of truth mixed with a 10 pound portion of fabrication to tell a story...to sell and promote fear and mistrust.

Jesus never sold fear and mistrust. He stated need-to-know truth and condemned those who sold fear and mistrust with some of his harshest warnings about doing it.

So I'm going to go with Jesus on this one.

N

New_Day

It is not fetal tissue that is used.

Aug 4, 2021
For a lot of people...
They enjoy various sausages....from balogna to frankfurters people to keilbassa people have eaten these things with great relish.

But if you ever visit a sausage factory you lose your appetite for them immediately... because you saw that there is absolutely nothing appetizing going on inside those factories...in fact just the opposite.

But before your visit you didn't even think twice about picking some up at the grocery store or buying one at a ball game or other vendor.

Same thing applies here.

People have been told all kinds of things using an ounce of truth mixed with a 10 pound portion of fabrication to tell a story...to sell and promote fear and mistrust.

Jesus never sold fear and mistrust. He stated need-to-know truth and condemned those who sold fear and mistrust with some of his harshest warnings about doing it.

So I'm going to go with Jesus on this one.
Sounds like you need to stop eating sausage then. I gave you a reason for die hard christians, accept it or not. The entire process must not be against scripture. Some take it leteral. Some put out a link here, where some professor or scientists explained that there were 2 babies aborted in the 60s, and those cells are still in use. Was one on the very left who put out that link, not from a rightwing source.

Why are you making an argument about it? I just tell you some christians reason. Trying to get a win in what you think is a debate? It is the prayerforum, it is about this persons mother. Either we pray for her as he asks, or we give advice on how to change her mind, or understand her. He must understand her reasons to change her mind anyways. If you read the OP again, she does not have fear, she has convictions and courage. She denies herself the vaccine for moral reasons, because she has her view on abortion.If you want to debate, there is another category for that. This is against the point of the category I think. Prayer section is only wellwishing and advice

Aug 4, 2021
It is not fetal tissue that is used.
OK, then the link here explaining that is wrong. Posted by a left winger. Some tissue from 2 babies aborted in the 60s that is still used in medical research today an authority in the field said to calm antiabortionpeople, since they were aborted a long time ago, and current abortionindustry do not supply new tissue today. But that was not the persons mothers beef. He said she would not parttake in abortion regardless it seems to me. Then we can only try to help him understand her, and they can talk about it, and he can try making arguments to change her mind. Prayersection, not debate here.About him and his mother, not us