Myth buster concerning Mormons

• Thread starter Canchristiansgetalong
  • Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

jimmydiggs

I believe in God, the eternal Father, His son Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost. All three make up the Godhead. Many other Christian churches believe this as well.
We believe in the Trinity, which is ONE GOD. Mormons believe in a multitude of Gods, three of which are called The Father, The Son, and The spirit in momorn theology.

J

jimmydiggs

This is extremely offensive to me. It seriously makes me sick. If you have a question concerning concerning the temple. Ask me, but please do not post such trash.
It's not trash. It's a real recording of a temple ceremony.

J

jimmydiggs

Hey everyone,

I will keep checking this to see if people have real questions that I can answer or discuss. I will email those with questions. Thanks for those who have kindly asked their questions. I continue to simply say that I love the Savior. I hope as time goes on, those on Christianchat can see me as a true follower of Jesus Christ. I am determined to do the best I can to be that way. I love talking to others about what is most important to them. I love talking about good things and testifying of the Savior in my life. I will not ever cease to do so, but I think this thread is getting away from "the good." I promise you all there is a lot of Good in the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and also that what you believe and what I believe isn't so different we can't make each other better. I hope this thread improves in the future.
Where was Jesus born?

Huckleberry

Aug 25, 2013
Where was Jesus born?
I got this.

She'd respond by rationalizing that Bethlehem is in "the land of Jerusalem".
Standard Mormon answer to that argument.
There are waaaay bigger problems with the BoM than that.
She'll take the blue pill.

Last edited:
J

jimmydiggs

I got this.

She'd respond by rationalizing that Bethlehem is in "the land of Jerusalem".
Standard Mormon answer to that argument.
There are waaaay bigger problems with the BoM than that.
She'll take the blue pill.
It's not refering to Jerusalem as a land, but as a city.

G

Graybeard

Why do people bring up the special underwear bollocks? I'm more concerned about the teachings and the secrecy that masks itself as being 'Christian'.
because I want to know what it stands for and what is the purpose of it, and what the secrecy and teachings behind it....okay?

Elizabeth619

Jul 19, 2011
All of us on this forum have different views of the bible. Some are Christian. Some are not. Many attend different churches. Baptist, Lutheran, Church of Christ, MEthodist..etc... but one thing that always raises an eyebrow is when one creates a thread with the sole purpose of defending their particular faith. If you are confident in your particular belief then why are you bothered by others views?

We are to defend Christ. I don't see where we are to defend particular denominations. Do I make sense?

J

jimmydiggs

The King James bible states Jesus was begotten. This was removed in later version due to it being an error. I never really understood how he was begotten.
The problem is more in the evolution of the English Language.

zone

Jun 13, 2010
[video=youtube;6udew9axmdM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6udew9axmdM[/video]

Newnamenoah - YouTube
this is some creepy creepy stuff.
i'd seen a much older secret film....this one is just mind-bending.

it's so Hollywood i almost laughed - but so evil my hair stands on end. YUCK.
like.....the hand out from the veil thing?
that creepy basement with ....ugh.

those guys don't really believe that nonsense about Kolob and stuff -surely.
no, that temple business is for something else.

Jun 30, 2011
So there is a lot of crazy stuff out there about Mormons. The truth is that most of it is not true and part of it is misunderstood. Some Christians feel utter contempt towards the Mormons. Others, just think the mormons are non-christian crazy folks. Well, I am a Mormon. Preferably, I like to be referred to as a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, but a Mormon is okay too. I call myself a christian, but it true that I do not believe in the "trinity," but I do believe in Jesus Christ. I also believe He is a God. He is my God. I do not believe he was created (a huge myth about the mormons). I strive to follow His teachings and love Him. I also want to make the world a better place by following His example: treating others kindly and respecting others' beliefs. I believe christians, not matter the details of their beliefs, can band together to fight the evils of this world. This banding together however has to start with an attempt to understand what is important to each individual, focusing on common ground, and respect each other, despite differences.

So my purpose on this thread is answer and discuss civilized questions about mormonism the best I can in hopes to, if nothing else, express my love for my Savior Jesus Christ and to gain respect as a christian here on christianchat.com. If you fell utter contempt for mormonism, this is not the place to express it...please, please, please x a hundred. ;) If you feel it is your duty to call me to some kind of repentance or sway me in my beliefs...know now that if I turned my back on what I believe, I would become atheist...so its not a good idea and not possible. However, if you really want to know about me or my religion or something crazy you have heard about mormonism, ask away. Thank you.

Ephesians 4:1-6
I therefore, a prisoner for the Lord, urge you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling to which you have been called, 2 with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love, 3 eager to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.4 There is one body and one Spirit—just as you were called to the one hope that belongs to your call—5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism,6 one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.7 But grace was given to each one of us according to the measure of Christ's gift.

I am sorry but mormonism doesn't follow major doctrines of Scripture - also any, used loosely "denomination" that has to spend millions to convince others that they are Christian, has a big problem - there is a user named whynotme - she was saved from Mormonism - and she would be the one to talk to

M

MaggieMye

KNJV, KJV, NASB, Amplified ALL say: John 3:16, one of the most popular and most often quoted bible verses: "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."
To all Mormons: You cannot alter, change, manipulate or remove ANY part of scripture and still think you've 'got all the goods'. You don't and won't.

T

Tintin

All of us on this forum have different views of the bible. Some are Christian. Some are not. Many attend different churches. Baptist, Lutheran, Church of Christ, MEthodist..etc... but one thing that always raises an eyebrow is when one creates a thread with the sole purpose of defending their particular faith. If you are confident in your particular belief then why are you bothered by others views?

We are to defend Christ. I don't see where we are to defend particular denominations
. Do I make sense?
Or better yet, where we need to defend other religions (eg. Mormonism).

Nick01

Jul 15, 2013
Or better yet, where we need to defend other religions (eg. Mormonism).
We don't have to defend them. But we are to reason with them. Paul didn't jump down the throat of all the pagan worshippers at the Areopagus - instead, he won a hearing. There is a difference between defending your faith and bodyslamming everyone who isn't of your faith. Even more so amongst Christians, where we presumably have the core of Christ in everything, and may disagree (stridently) about other matters, while still keeping Christ, the atonement, and our honour of the Father in the centre of our vision.

Anyway, back to the thread itself. I kinda hope I get a reply to my question (was God a man before he was God), cause I'm genuinely interested in the response, but also because I think it potentially helps clarify why people like the OP don't understand why Christians don't consider Mormons to be Christians. It would be unthinkable for a Christian (or indeed for a Jew or Muslim) to have God be ostensibly human before being God. Part of the essence of belief in God is pre-existance - before anything like time was even remotely extant, God was. There was no time or place where God was not. All things (in other words, ALL THINGS) were made by him. Indeed, the crux of the fall in Eden was that mankind attempted to be God, which man is patently not able to do. For many Christians, I suspect the idea of being in any sense God (or a god) that resembles Yahweh in any meaningful sense is not only not desirable, but actually frightening - that's precisely what went wrong the first time!

It is so ingrained in Jewish thought, in Christian thought and in the creeds, that God is eternal, the beginning and the end, and from him everything flows, that to say otherwise would be to deny perhaps the most fundamental idea of Christian belief. Certainly, to take a view that God did not begin as God but as man would be enough to put you beyond the realms of the last two thousand years of Christian orthodoxy, even beyond the claims of Arius, who was deemed a heretic for saying Jesus was created, and not eternal and pre-existant, as and with the Father.

Canchristiansgetalong, if you're still reading this, I would dearly love to hear your response on this, even if it is just by PM. I stand by everything I have just written, but that does not mean I am not open to dialogue, or otherwise against hearing your thoughts.

T

Tintin

Oh, I agree that we should reason with people with other beliefs but only a few people here have been slamming her beliefs. The rest have been asking questions and have been dialoguing with her.