Need a complete overhaul on this website

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

aforgivensonofGod

This website has the domain of Christian Chat, but by no means hold the principle of an actual Christian doctrine to the faith.

This website has no overseer to even appropriately enforce Biblical principles on the forum, in so much, it's out of control.

This website allows non-principle teachings to mix in with Biblical teachings and then allow users to dictate new believers in weird doctrines while they're on the mic cursing at their new born baby or dogs.

My biggest offense to this website, in which, this website has plenty and I yet to hold NO offenses because God has called me to a higher calling. But in which I am offended, I am offended at this, a website proclaiming the name of Jesus, but yet, not having the holy Spirit. I reject such things; because those who call on the name of Jesus, should have the holy Ghost presented in their daily lives, walk, and talk. This forum should be no exception to this core.

Please, instead of always spamming my folder for money, I rather have a website that loves Christ as Christ loves the church and start to actually work their way up on actually becoming a true bride of Christ. Rather it be online on a forum or real life. Let this be a representation of our walk. But I feel, this forum falls short of the grace of God.

There has to be a major clean up in the house of the Lord, "And said unto them, Hear me, ye Levites, sanctify now yourselves, and sanctify the house of the Lord God of your fathers, and carry forth the filthiness out of the holy place." 2 Chronicles 5

U

Ugly

"Always spamming my folder for money". That whole once a month? How dare they!
Mods are unpaid volunteers. Using their free time to help monitor the site. They can't catch everything. If something happens in mic their Can't always be someone there to catch it.
Doubtful that the site will accommodate Your Personal Expectations.
As far as doctrinal issues nearly everyone in the bible discussion forums makes the same complaint. About each other.
Funny how people only want the website to allow teachings that fit their view of things. Really there are so many complaints about what teachings are allowed on here, that are nothing more than doctrinal differences, it probably makes it difficult to locate the Real problems.
All your complaining yet you're still a three year member. What does that tell us?

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
Ya know, yrs ago I was in the contract cleaning business. I learned very early on that with some people no matter how hard you worked, no matter how awesome of a job you did, you could always count on them to see the ONE thing you might have missed. Complaining is a natural feature of the fallen human condition.

Way too often we hold back on our gratitude and thanks that can build others up.

I want to thank this site, it's owners, it's operators, the volunteers and it's members.

I am incredibly impressed with the patience, and timeliness of removing problem posters. To come here and learn, and grow, and get different perspectives has truly made this site a blessing for me.

And NO I'm NOT a paid spokesperson! Lol

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
To the OP:

Most persons who think that a site is a terrible as you seem to think that this one is don't waste their time looking back at it again.

As for the troublesome e-mails asking for persons to donate to support the work of this site, I'll make sure that you never again see one of them.

Dec 12, 2013
To the OP:

Most persons who think that a site is a terrible as you seem to think that this one is don't waste their time looking back at it again.

As for the troublesome e-mails asking for persons to donate to support the work of this site, I'll make sure that you never again see one of them.
For the record.....I love CC......and I am thankful I can get on here and discuss, argue, and post scripture as well as all the other things we cover.....and I agree...If one does not like it, or has issues with it...a simple solution don't came back.......problem solved.....

Dec 12, 2013
Ya know, yrs ago I was in the contract cleaning business. I learned very early on that with some people no matter how hard you worked, no matter how awesome of a job you did, you could always count on them to see the ONE thing you might have missed. Complaining is a natural feature of the fallen human condition.

Way too often we hold back on our gratitude and thanks that can build others up.

I want to thank this site, it's owners, it's operators, the volunteers and it's members.

I am incredibly impressed with the patience, and timeliness of removing problem posters. To come here and learn, and grow, and get different perspectives has truly made this site a blessing for me.

And NO I'm NOT a paid spokesperson! Lol
AMEN.......I agree 100%

Feb 5, 2017
I read your post and thought, you're probably going to get battered and judged for it. I was wondering if you have any examples, or is this what you mean?

To me it sounds like you've had some rough days, as it usually comes out in this way.

Hope you are well :)

As for things being improved, yes I think there is a lot of scope for that, although not to an extreme.

There could be more work on love, and how we choose to be more loving towards each other. I see little talk of such things, among typical discussion, debate, arguments, counter-arguments. A social site makes us all neighbours, whoever we are, however different and unique we are, whatever differing views we have, even different religion.

There is, for example, on the front page a section for Arabs/Muslims, and yet there is a lot of anti-Muslim rhetoric on this site. And those who do so, it's as if they have immunity to doing it? If we are to bring people into the world of Jesus and Christianity, how do we do so by allowing such behaviour. It is the same with people who are troubled, they may say the wrong thing, they may say upsetting things, not meaning to offend, but just reacting out of torment or turbulence, as maybe you are here. But are we to reject and judge them? It is not love, and I see a lot of that too.

As the owner states at the top of the Arab forum:

This forum was requested by some of our Arab members who are former Muslims and who want to encourage and help each other and also reach out to other Muslims. We do get a fair number of Muslim members here in Christian Chat, and some are genuinely open and seeking, and some even get saved! Arab Christians typically face persecution and in some countries even martyrdom (e.g., beheading). Even in the most developed Arab country which has the closest relations with the USA -- Saudi Arabia -- the official penalty for one of their citizens to convert from Islam to Christianity is DEATH. But praise God, He is really working in these countries and His word still reaches people, and one way is through the internet!

Another reason to have this forum is so that our Arab members can post and share in their own language.

I hope and pray that it will be used for God's kingdom.

One of our Arab Christian members will be moderating this forum. We may just replace my whole post here with his post, in Arabic. :)

This is a small point about what appears to be allowed, or what is shunned on this site.

I'm reacting to the body of your message, not so much the more reactive points (eg. why does the postman always wake me up by posting through my letterbox kind of thing). There is nothing to gain from reacting to those type of points, but some people, I don't know, enjoy looking for negative points in others? This is not love either. And most often these type of people have replaced love, with the importance of being right.

This website has the domain of Christian Chat, but by no means hold the principle of an actual Christian doctrine to the faith.

This website has no overseer to even appropriately enforce Biblical principles on the forum, in so much, it's out of control.

This website allows non-principle teachings to mix in with Biblical teachings and then allow users to dictate new believers in weird doctrines while they're on the mic cursing at their new born baby or dogs.

My biggest offense to this website, in which, this website has plenty and I yet to hold NO offenses because God has called me to a higher calling. But in which I am offended, I am offended at this, a website proclaiming the name of Jesus, but yet, not having the holy Spirit. I reject such things; because those who call on the name of Jesus, should have the holy Ghost presented in their daily lives, walk, and talk. This forum should be no exception to this core.

Please, instead of always spamming my folder for money, I rather have a website that loves Christ as Christ loves the church and start to actually work their way up on actually becoming a true bride of Christ. Rather it be online on a forum or real life. Let this be a representation of our walk. But I feel, this forum falls short of the grace of God.

There has to be a major clean up in the house of the Lord, "And said unto them, Hear me, ye Levites, sanctify now yourselves, and sanctify the house of the Lord God of your fathers, and carry forth the filthiness out of the holy place." 2 Chronicles 5

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Why does this site need an overseer? Yes, there are disagreements on what the bible is actually saying in certain sections and passages but isn't debate and discussion a viable way to learn and grow? It takes money to run this website and there is certainly nothing wrong about asking for donations.

Are you implying that since you believe that God has called you to a higher calling than that makes others on this site inferior? A higher calling from God could be as simple as a new assignment at work or something similar. Most people that humbly serve the Lord are not ministers or pastors but rather their present circumstances are their ministry.

You say that your offended but yet have virtually written no posts since you have joined offering your insight or taking part in Christian fellowship. My advice is to avoid the chat rooms and start to frequent the forums with the members who choose to participate as part of the community.

You say there needs to be a major clean up in the house of Lord. Perhaps you focus on your own housekeeping first before criticizing others. You appear to have a problem with arrogance.

J

joefizz

As this member rarely posts the point is rather 'mute'.
just touring tourist,the word is "moot" not "mute" now I'll "tour" around somewhere else lol...!

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
just touring tourist,the word is "moot" not "mute" now I'll "tour" around somewhere else lol...!
I do believe that you are correct but I used the word 'mute' instead of moot because the OP rarely posts (speaks). In other words he is mute. You're kind cleaver Joe and your posts are always a good read. :)

J

joefizz

I do believe that you are correct but I used the word 'mute' instead of moot because the OP rarely posts (speaks). In other words he is mute. You're kind cleaver Joe and your posts are always a good read. :)
thank you for the kind words!

D

Depleted

To the OP:

Wait! That's the "spam?" And it's monthly? I honestly thought it was seasonally. (Four times a year.)

Ah, man! Now I don't know if that means my life is moving too slow or too fast! lol