Need some advice

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

anewboy

Feb 7, 2018
Hello i am from India and English isn't my first language, so i hope everyone understands what i am trying to say. This is my first time using this site. I have been Christian since birth. And recently after hearing many pastors and leaders i have started reading bible. But from few months i find myself unnecessarily reading the same verse again and again or even the same word as if I haven't read it properly. And if i ignore that urge to read again it feels very heavy on my chest. It feels like if i don't then something bad might happen. And in my prayers I feel the urge to ask for the same thing again and again everyday, and it feels like a ritual. And i usually spend time on YouTube watching videos and if some Christian videos comes in suggestions i feel i should watch it and if i don't i feel bad about it. My heart feels heavy at times that i should ask God for protection. I hope people here could advice me

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
First of all, welcome to CC. :) Second, this is more fitting for the bible forum. And third, it's IMPOSSIBLE to be "saved since birth".. Babies cannot claim Jesus as their Savior. But that's a discussion for the bible forum.. LOL

anewboy

Feb 7, 2018
Sorry I didn't knew that. How do i delete this?

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
You don't need to delete it. :) But for future reference, there is a 5-minute edit time in which to edit or delete a post...

U

Ugly

It sounds to me as though you view a relationship with God as religious rather than personal. That you believe you have to force yourself to do what's right, but that is not quite what the bible teaches.
We are to strive to do right and obey, but much of our good works happen as God changes us, then a sign of that inward change is outward change.
Don't be so consumed by rules and instead focus on God, growth and learning.

Also, it is not possible to be a Christian since birth. Being a Christian means realizing we are sinful and need Christ and through that becoming born again. You can't be born again as a baby. Perhaps that misconception is a huge part of your problems. It may be good to acknowledge, as an adult, these things things God requires us to own up to and confess.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I hope that this site is edifying for you on your spiritual journey. It's not a bad thing to read a bible verse more than once. Depending on the stage of your spiritual maturity it is possible for a verse to hold a different meaning for you after a subsequent reading than it did the first time you read it or even the second or third time. I believe that this is what contemplation is in regards to bible reading and study. Like is says in the book of Isaiah, "Line upon line, precept upon precept, a little here, a little there". Glad to have you join us. Welcome to CC.

Devoted2JC

Jan 16, 2011
Hello welcome to Christian Chat :)

Lighthearted

Oct 17, 2016
Hello i am from India and English isn't my first language, so i hope everyone understands what i am trying to say. This is my first time using this site. I have been Christian since birth. And recently after hearing many pastors and leaders i have started reading bible. But from few months i find myself unnecessarily reading the same verse again and again or even the same word as if I haven't read it properly. And if i ignore that urge to read again it feels very heavy on my chest. It feels like if i don't then something bad might happen. And in my prayers I feel the urge to ask for the same thing again and again everyday, and it feels like a ritual. And i usually spend time on YouTube watching videos and if some Christian videos comes in suggestions i feel i should watch it and if i don't i feel bad about it. My heart feels heavy at times that i should ask God for protection. I hope people here could advice me
Welcome to cc!
Perhaps you are experiencing the Holy Spirit guiding you, speaking to you. Just listen. Pray. Obey. ;) God bless you.

S

Sweetmorningdew78

Hi! Good evening bro :) Welcome to CC :)

God bless you ❤

J

joefizz

Welcome here you can discuss with bible smart people and possibly make new friends,hope you like it here!

Feb 7, 2018
Have you tried a study bible? Study bibles are helpful because they focus on a concept, or theme as it relates to a particular scripture. Study bibles are also fairly modern and many relate bible stories to current situations. Don't be so hard on yourself.

C

Coolbeans

like a time bomb , you only have 5 minutes, get the count down started! lol

You don't need to delete it. :) But for future reference, there is a 5-minute edit time in which to edit or delete a post...

flash2210

Feb 10, 2018
Hi....i would say you are drawn to it for a reason.....it may be that you have prayed to god to help you and the holy spirit is leading you to that verse to answer your prayer. Compare the verse to things that have happened in your life in the past or maybe currently and see if you are then able to interpret the meaning. May i ask wot the verse is.?