Nervous and excited, and sad.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

Locoponydirtman

So I lost my job due to this virus and it didn't even rattle me.
I have decided on a new career in a new state 12 hours away. I have never been the type to shaken, but I am having some anxiety and I don't know how to deal with it.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
The circumstances that are a result of the virus may become a blessing in disguise. Soon I too will be moving to a new state that is also 12 hours away. I can relate to anxiety also as each day I pray for God to calm my fears and to prepare me for the challenges that I may face during that day. I will remember you in my special early morning prayers that I say before I head out of the door for work. "Fear not" says the Lord. I know that is easier said than done but God understands this about us as well and He is indeed control of your life and has orchestrated the chain of events that have personally affected you and He will be faithful to provide a positive result.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
I have decided on a new career in a new state 12 hours away. I have never been the type to shaken, but I am having some anxiety and I don't know how to deal with it.
Wow a lot of big changes so quick. Exciting but scary, I get it. One thing you just did is tell us all so we can pray for and with you.

NOV25

Nov 23, 2019
Oh my brother, I am with you.
I received a call last week that I thought was the end of my employment. After the call ended I resumed work, before I could put much thought into the call the story of Joseph came to mind. When his brothers ask forgiveness and Joseph says you meant it for evil but God meant it for good. I was comforted by this thought immediately and still am this week as I await the decision. I remain 99% calm in the fact that my Father knows, but the flesh.

Ahhh the flesh, the constant battle with the flesh that even the most seasoned saint will rightfully admit never goes away. It’s just our nature brother, though justified and being sanctified we are not yet glorified so we still battle the flesh till we put off this flesh.

If you’re anything like me you no doubt have prayed and continue to pray the Lord search you and continue to refine you no matter the cost that you may serve him better. How then could we worry when a trial arises, we can’t. For this may be the very answer we’ve so desperately asked for.

If you don’t mind me asking where do you live and what do you do? I don’t want to wish you well without first probing to see if I could help in some way. I travel for work and have many friends all over the country, you never know, we may have a common connection that could be beneficial in this situation.

bojack

Dec 16, 2019
Prayers sent, I've been there before and it's tough to go through .. God Bless and may our Lord Jesus turn your anxiety into complete victory and valuable testimony .. Amen

L

Locoponydirtman

The circumstances that are a result of the virus may become a blessing in disguise. Soon I too will be moving to a new state that is also 12 hours away. I can relate to anxiety also as each day I pray for God to calm my fears and to prepare me for the challenges that I may face during that day. I will remember you in my special early morning prayers that I say before I head out of the door for work. "Fear not" says the Lord. I know that is easier said than done but God understands this about us as well and He is indeed control of your life and has orchestrated the chain of events that have personally affected you and He will be faithful to provide a positive result.
Amen and Amen.
Thank you brother
May the Lord bless and strengthen you on your new adventure.

L

Locoponydirtman

Wow a lot of big changes so quick. Exciting but scary, I get it. One thing you just did is tell us all so we can pray for and with you.
Yes ma'am, thank you sister.
I do in turn also pray for you. That the Lord will bless and protect you in these days of uncertainty. That you will be a light to all who see you. That the image of God that you bear will be like a beacon of hope. Amen.

L

Locoponydirtman

Oh my brother, I am with you.
I received a call last week that I thought was the end of my employment. After the call ended I resumed work, before I could put much thought into the call the story of Joseph came to mind. When his brothers ask forgiveness and Joseph says you meant it for evil but God meant it for good. I was comforted by this thought immediately and still am this week as I await the decision. I remain 99% calm in the fact that my Father knows, but the flesh.

Ahhh the flesh, the constant battle with the flesh that even the most seasoned saint will rightfully admit never goes away. It’s just our nature brother, though justified and being sanctified we are not yet glorified so we still battle the flesh till we put off this flesh.

If you’re anything like me you no doubt have prayed and continue to pray the Lord search you and continue to refine you no matter the cost that you may serve him better. How then could we worry when a trial arises, we can’t. For this may be the very answer we’ve so desperately asked for.

If you don’t mind me asking where do you live and what do you do? I don’t want to wish you well without first probing to see if I could help in some way. I travel for work and have many friends all over the country, you never know, we may have a common connection that could be beneficial in this situation.
I live just north of Houston Texas, I was the superintendent of a steel construction and fabrication company, my duties were more of a field engineers job for the past year, but I am now going to move to the Memphis area and work as a mechanic on 18 wheelers.
I pray for you that God will shelter you in these times of adversity. That if you like your job he will protect and keep you in it. There is one thing we know for sure he will provide, and he is our solid Rock. That where ever you go on this Earth you will will also be steady as a rock, solid is the foundation that he is for our salvation. That your strength will be found in him, and that your strength will be a pillar of Hope in Jesus name, amen.

L

Locoponydirtman

Please anyone who needs prayer, post in this thread, share your concerns, and your needs so we can pray for you.

This that is happening to me, I firmly believe is an answer to many prayers. I have wanted to leave Houston for a while now. I have wanted to be near my yet unborn grand baby, and near my ailing dad, (he is suffering from kidney cancer) , and my wife's mother also battling cancer in her lungs. Right now I am over 7 hours drive time from them. This move will put me within 3 hours. 3 hours is a day trip, 7 requires at least a weekend. This means that I will be able to fulfill the commandment, honour thy Father and thy Mother. As I will be able to check on my dad, and in an emergency make sure he has proper help, and the same for my mother inlaw. I will also be able to see my grand baby more than two or three times a year.

bojack

Dec 16, 2019
I live just north of Houston Texas, I was the superintendent of a steel construction and fabrication company, my duties were more of a field engineers job for the past year, but I am now going to move to the Memphis area and work as a mechanic on 18 wheelers.
I pray for you that God will shelter you in these times of adversity. That if you like your job he will protect and keep you in it. There is one thing we know for sure he will provide, and he is our solid Rock. That where ever you go on this Earth you will will also be steady as a rock, solid is the foundation that he is for our salvation. That your strength will be found in him, and that your strength will be a pillar of Hope in Jesus name, amen.
Hi bro , I worked construction shutdowns from one job to the next and there were times I sweated for the next job, some as short as one week until I got hired permanent by one company .. I chose to write an OP in the testimonies forum ''tried by fire'' from when I could find no jobs .. I had a young family with no one to call on ..

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
"I pray God's love and wisdom is upon all, and to those experiencing drastic life changing
challenges, I pray of God's protection to allow a safe and positive transition. Let us pray to
keep God's 'presence' close by, in all our coming and going. I pray the gift of the Holy Spirit
comes upon these lives, with guidance in all that is before them."
'Amen'
'Praise God'

man-praying - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy.jpg Friendly.png
animated-dove-gif-8 - Copy - Copy.gif

Didymous

Feb 22, 2018
I hope things will work out well for you, God willing.

L

Locoponydirtman

Have a safe trip to Memphis, and I hope you get settled in quickly and comfortably. I hope you find joy at your new home. In my opinion, Tennessee is a great state! I've always loved that place! May you find many friendships there, and I wish you the best at your new job.
Thank you very much.
May the Lord bless and keep you forever amen.

Prycejosh1987

Jul 19, 2020
Travelling alone seems like hard work, ask yourself is it worth it. Well you could alwsys move to the location but it will be harder for you to keep in contact with your family. Weigh the pros and cons always. Wish you best of luck.