New here

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jul 9, 2021
Hey, I'm Zander, he/him. I'm at a crossroads of faith right now, unsure of what I believe and whether Christianity is right for me. I've been watching a lot of documentaries on religion lately and it seems like it could be, but I'm not sure. I'm not even sure where to start. But I thought introducing myself may be a good starting point. :)

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Welcome to CC, Zander. Most of us have discovered that Christianity is the only true religion, but you are welcome to explore it at your own pace. Hopefully this site will be helpful in your discovery. :)

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I believe that each one of us at one point in our lives were at a crossroads. I know that Christianity is right for you but that is something that you will have to find out for yourself. A good place to start is to start reading the bible and I recommend starting with the book of John. Glad to have you join our community. Welcome to CC.

Jun 14, 2021
Hey Zander very nice to meet you ,and welcome. my name is Josh. I'm also pretty new here. if you have any questions just ask it in one of the forums designed for that topic. lots of the people who answer my questions do a good job of it and it helps out a lot.

DeanM

May 4, 2021
Prophecy fulfilled. Study it and see what you think. Its pretty compelling to me.

TenderHeart

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
Welcome! Don’t mind the sharks in the water, there’s a lot of sweethearts here. May God bless you and guide you to His loving arms and Jesus Christ’s salvation! ❤️✝️

TimothyGirl

Jul 19, 2019
Hey, I'm Zander, he/him. I'm at a crossroads of faith right now, unsure of what I believe and whether Christianity is right for me. I've been watching a lot of documentaries on religion lately and it seems like it could be, but I'm not sure. I'm not even sure where to start. But I thought introducing myself may be a good starting point. :)
Hey Zander, and welcome! Your transparency is refreshing, and may God give you the answers you're looking for. My prayer is that more than being convinced through facts and information, that you would encounter Him who loves you so very much. At the end of the day, nothing you read will convince you to turn to God as much as experiencing Him personally. Ask Him to meet with you, and He will... :)

I'm reminded of a video I watched a while ago and it really impacted me. Especially the end part... Going to share it with you just because I can :)

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
[UNSET] - Copy.jpg :)

"We must use caution, ( documentaries on religion ) the Divine Word has been
polluted by the worldly ego. And, it is being witnessed....

"There are no political, economic, 'religious' or military
solutions to what is primarily a spiritual problem in the world today."

Nov 26, 2012
Welcome Zander. I believe you are correct, thanks for introducing yourself. As far as crossroads are concerned, what is the street intersection? Are you on Unfulfilled Avenue coming up on Eternity Way? That’s where I met Christ. I didn’t buy that we were here due to some cosmic accident. After doing my own research, I concluded the only logical explanation is what is written in Scripture. Don’t look for religion however, Religion is some dogmatic system of rules and rewards using belief in a deity to empower corruptible men. Christianity is much more. It is the spiritual entanglement of the Eternal Creator, grafting the souls of mortal men and women to become One Body. It’s not a belief. The faith is a catalyst to transformation. We don’t try to be better humans. He transforms us to be the manifested God on Earth, the Body of Christ.

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
Nice to meet you and so glad to have you exploring this wonderful site:) God bless you and hope to see you around the Forums!

BlessedByGod

Sep 28, 2019
Welcome to Christian Chat🙂.

May God Himself show you Himself and His Good works. May He open your Heart and Mind to Him (which I believe he is doing All for you now). And May you Believe All that He shows you and Helps you Cling to Him and Who is Showing you. May you come into a deep conversation within about things having to do with He Whom shows you and Loves you more deeply then you know...
🤗🙏

Evmur

Feb 28, 2021
London
christianchat.com
Start by asking Jesus into your heart as your Lord right where you are, that's where we started.

Hi :)

oyster67

May 24, 2014
Welcome, Zander. I am so glad you have come. Christianity is unique. You will find that out very soon. The video from @TimothyGirl will explain how and why. You are correct about how there are many religions, but there is only one Creator of the universe, and He has a Son named Jesus, who is God and is One with His Father. Jesus is not a religion. He is a real personhood who visited Earth 2000 years ago and willfully gave His life so that you and I could live with Him forever and ever after we die. He rose up from the grave and returned to Heaven where He is waiting for you right now. He has great plans for you, but He will not tolerate us putting anything between ourselves and Him. He is the Only Way to eternal life. He wants to put His Spirit into you and reveal Himself to you, but you must do what the man in the video did. You must cry out to Him and ask Him to be your Lord and Savior. You will then be washed clean and be made ready to be a follower of Jesus. You will experience the reality of His presence within you in the form of His Spirit. No other Religion can offer you the reality of God's presence and power within you now and eternal life hereafter.

Hebrews 11:6
But without faith [it is] impossible to please [him]: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and [that] he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Revelation
3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
3:21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

de-emerald

May 8, 2021
welcome welcome welcome to cc and the family.
hope you enjoy your stay and hope and pray for are lord to awaken the eyes of your heart :)

Jul 9, 2021
Thank you all so much for the encouragement. I did ask Jesus into my heart, and I did start attending church and have started a reading plan through my Bible. Next up is to figure out the best way to actually study it. I've been praying a lot on that one.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Thank you all so much for the encouragement. I did ask Jesus into my heart, and I did start attending church and have started a reading plan through my Bible. Next up is to figure out the best way to actually study it. I've been praying a lot on that one.
Being hungry for God's Word makes it easy to read alone, though reading with others is also an excellent plan, plus, there are many video/youtube/movie options to help you grow in knowledge and understanding. Here are some of my recommendation faves:

^ There are ten videos total for that series :)

Many churches offer the course as part of a weekly community dinner + teaching event over a few months :)

It was while I was attending an Alpha Course many years ago that I finally surrendered my life fully to God :love: