• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

James94

May 4, 2022
Reno NV
Hey all,
I'm James, I live in the middle of nowhere (Nevada) and I'm looking to make some online friends, and learn about Christian culture.
I've spent my whole life in church but I've never had Christian friends- my church has always been small, me and my siblings were basically the only kids. So dumb question- Is it weird if my favorite movie is StarWars?

Lily-Keith

Jun 11, 2021
lilliankeithauthor.wordpress.com
Hi, welcome to the forum! Oh so cool! My family and I visited Nevada a few times. I think every state has its own beauty.

No, not weird that you love Star Wars (I love the movies myself). Actually, a fellow member started a Star Wars Thread if you're interested (I have the link somewhere *digs around in files*)

James94

May 4, 2022
Reno NV
Hi, welcome to the forum! Oh so cool! My family and I visited Nevada a few times. I think every state has its own beauty.

No, not weird that you love Star Wars (I love the movies myself). Actually, a fellow member started a Star Wars Thread if you're interested (I have the link somewhere *digs around in files*)
Nevada doesn't have very much that I'd call "beautiful", except our skies. a sunset over the Sierra mountains when there's clouds, the whole sky will fill with oranges reds, and pink. I never get tired of looking at God's canvas
(thanks for the link btw :) )

Lily-Keith

Jun 11, 2021
lilliankeithauthor.wordpress.com
Nevada doesn't have very much that I'd call "beautiful", except our skies. a sunset over the Sierra mountains when there's clouds, the whole sky will fill with oranges reds, and pink. I never get tired of looking at God's canvas
I remember we were passing through Wells and as we were driving to a campground, we saw a storm on the horizon. It was so amazing to see lightning strikes across the desert. Your skies are definitely beautiful (where we live, the skies are clouded by the haze from the city lol.)

Sure thing!

Isny

Jan 15, 2017
Hey all,
I'm James, I live in the middle of nowhere (Nevada) and I'm looking to make some online friends, and learn about Christian culture.
I've spent my whole life in church but I've never had Christian friends- my church has always been small, me and my siblings were basically the only kids. So dumb question- Is it weird if my favorite movie is StarWars?
Nevada...the middle of nowhere? My son is currently visiting Las Vegas. He says there's everything there but enough money to spend! As for Star Wars...I remember (vaguely) when Sputnik went up (Oct 1957). Ever since, I have wanted to be an astronaut (never a cosmonaut!). I am still waiting for NASA to call. lol.

We're really glad that you have joined us here at Christian Chat where we interact with one another offering encouragement in our daily walk with our Lord....and maybe a little fun on the side to brighten our day. Welcome James! :)

GRACE_ambassador

Feb 22, 2021
Midwest
Precious friend, A Very Warm Welcome to Chat. Best I can hope for amidst "city
lights" is this:

1652113500261.png

or this:

1652113346490.png

Please Be Very RICHLY Encouraged, Enlightened, Exhorted, And Edified In
The LORD JESUS CHRIST, And In His Word Of Truth, Rightly Divided!

God's Simple Will!

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
Hi, nice to have you joining in the discussions here at cc! I also like the original Star Wars movie it is a fascinating tale with great characters, plot and a toss of romance. Hope you find many Threads to chime in on, God bless you!

Willow

Oct 10, 2021
ohio
Hey all,
Well myself prefer Marvel to star wars. Both sci-fi is awesome.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Hey all,
The only part of Nevada that I have been to was Las Vegas and the Hoover Dam. Fortunately, I was there at the end of November (2014) and the temps were quite pleasant. You will find ample opportunity to make friends here and learn about Christian culture. I was Star Wars in 1977 when it first came out. I was on a double date and saw it in a drive-in theater. Glad to have you onboard with us. Welcome to CC.

James94

May 4, 2022
Reno NV
Well myself prefer Marvel to star wars. Both sci-fi is awesome.
I also like Marvel movies(well the first dozen or so, it kind of feels over saturated now) I grew up watching sci-fi, specifically the original StarTrek on VHS

James94

May 4, 2022
Reno NV
I actually have never been to Vegas, I'm from Reno up north. I do however live within an hours drive to lake Tahoe. And I admit, yes Tahoe is beautiful

Evmur

Feb 28, 2021
London
christianchat.com
there ya go then. Isn't there a film called "The Nevadan"? welcome :)

Tee5153

May 4, 2022
Hey all,
Welcome to the family James, plenty to share in the house plus a lot to learn as well from productive discussions. You are definitely in the right place for meeting wonderful Christian friends......😊