New mods and admins

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
U

Ugly

Looking through the list of mods and admins only a few have logged in on recent months. That means over 3/4 of all mods/admins are inactive. And it seems the admins/mods that Are coming on aren't doing much. We need to replace those that don't come on anymore, or rarely come on.
I reported a highly inappropriate thread yesterday and it shows two admins active during the report. The thread is still up.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Looking through the list of mods and admins only a few have logged in on recent months. That means over 3/4 of all mods/admins are inactive. And it seems the admins/mods that Are coming on aren't doing much. We need to replace those that don't come on anymore, or rarely come on.
I reported a highly inappropriate thread yesterday and it shows two admins active during the report. The thread is still up.
There is another inappropriate thread that started today. I reported it but it's still up and running.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
I agree we need new mods, I have only seen two on here at all oncefallen and cs1 and even they don't seem to be on much

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
I think the problem, is that the mods spend a lot of time in the chat rooms. That is probably necessary. But the BDF in particular needs a dedicated mod. There are a lot of arguments and some threads that need to be gone immediately, as well as the people that start them. Such as the one I saw today! I’m not referring to any hotly contested theological debates, either! (Although it would really be nice to have the rules enforced, as they were in the distant past!)

Perhaps we all need to send RoboOp a pm, asking him to appoint at least one or two new mods to the BDF? Of course, they could spend time in all the forums, but just to have someone, or really two people, who could monitor the BDF. Perhaps someone from a time zone far away from the other mod, so we would have better coverage of the forums?

Dec 28, 2016
I'd say be careful what you wish for.

Who knows what goes on behind the scenes when a thread or poster is reported? Maybe they're being long-suffering with the person. Maybe they've spoken to the person? Who knows.

There are many sites where mods lurk to zap persons and ban them, many times just due to a difference in theology. Once they find out you're "one of them" then your days are numbered. I've known mods on forums to snip and edit a post, accuse the person of saying something not said in order to give them infractions leading closer to a banning.

Some mods will be on a power trip, hold a grudge, exercise extreme bias, go overboard with monitoring, editing, warning, banning.

Yes, we get a few bad ones here. The mods seem patient though and overall they are doing a good job imo, not getting extreme or knee jerk in reaction. Extremely bad members will be banned eventually. Yes the trolls get annoying but compared to heavy handed mods it's nothing in comparison to a site like that.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
I think the problem, is that the mods spend a lot of time in the chat rooms. That is probably necessary. But the BDF in particular needs a dedicated mod. There are a lot of arguments and some threads that need to be gone immediately, as well as the people that start them. Such as the one I saw today! I’m not referring to any hotly contested theological debates, either! (Although it would really be nice to have the rules enforced, as they were in the distant past!)

Perhaps we all need to send RoboOp a pm, asking him to appoint at least one or two new mods to the BDF? Of course, they could spend time in all the forums, but just to have someone, or really two people, who could monitor the BDF. Perhaps someone from a time zone far away from the other mod, so we would have better coverage of the forums?
That's not a bad idea someone could message robo and hopefully he might consider it. If someone is made a mod for the bdf it needs to be someone who is on there a lot and who is able to to debate and respond to people in a mature and kind manner not get sucked into the attacking and the slapping of random verses with the haha see I'm right your wrong agenda.

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
That's not a bad idea someone could message robo and hopefully he might consider it. If someone is made a mod for the bdf it needs to be someone who is on there a lot and who is able to to debate and respond to people in a mature and kind manner not get sucked into the attacking and the slapping of random verses with the haha see I'm right your wrong agenda.
Well, so much for that idea, then! I don’t think there is such a person! LOL

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Well, so much for that idea, then! I don’t think there is such a person! LOL
Well obviously no one could do it perfectly every now and then even I fail in this area but surely if one tried it could be done for the most part at least it's certainly better than not having one at all. oh and also whoever it is cannot be ban trigger happy either we don't want to have someone who becomes jolly with the ban hammer lol

Dec 28, 2016
"Dear Mr. owner sir, please send in more mods and admins and monitor this place more heavily! These people! We demand more moderating!!!" :mad:

"Wait, WHAT???!!! Why'd that new mod ban ME????!!!!" :rolleyes: :D

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Blain as a mod [video=youtube;1jby8B7vaPc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jby8B7vaPc[/video]

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
I don't see what the problem is is BDF. Someone not agreeing with you, is not a personal attack.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
I don't see what the problem is is BDF. Someone not agreeing with you, is not a personal attack.
to a lot of people it is, I mean the nerve of someone disagreeing with you it has to be an attack right?

NotmebutHim

May 17, 2015
I'm just sittin' here waiting fir the poe-leece and dem Marines to show up and kick our...um....behinds. :D

D

Depleted

Isn't Rob the only admin, and all others are mods?

D

Depleted

Someone calling a member a pedophile is. Someone threatening to bring a Marine to your door step is.

U

Ugly

Isn't Rob the only admin, and all others are mods?
Actually there are 4 admins total listed. And mods have differing degrees. Such as Super Mods. We've actually lost two admins in recent years. Since I've been on the site there habe always been more admins other than Robo.

U

Ugly

CS1 and Once are not listed as mods or admins. Once dropped admin status a while back, then picked up some new weird position months later, but seems to have largely disappeared again.

U

Ugly

That can't be the problem. As in my OP I stated most are not even Logging On. 2 logged in yesterday. One in January. And the rest months or even years ago.

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
Question is, where do these new mods and admins come from? Any volunteers?