New Tattoo

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
I just googled tartan plaid tattoo. It has been done.

Look for pictures of such and you will see some actually rather impressive art.
You want something original right?

I mean if it's just a stencil everyone can get one.

I was more thinking of the Edinburgh Military Tattoo. Except I'm not Scottish.
 
  • Like
Reactions: tourist
Washing machine on left bicep, dryer on the right.

On the back, a washing line with pegs on it.
 
you can put the 7 commandments of laundry on your lower back

Do not wring
Do not bleach
Do not soak
Do not dryclean
Wash separately with like colours
Wash before wearing
Dry in shade - colour may fade
 
you can put the 7 commandments of laundry on your lower back

Do not wring
Do not bleach
Do not soak
Do not dryclean
Wash separately with like colours
Wash before wearing
Dry in shade - colour may fade
That's way too complicated for a single guy like me. All my clothes can be washed with all my other clothes, in hot water, and dried in the dryer on high heat.

Life is too short to worry about shirts fading. I just don't use those shirts.
 
That's way too complicated for a single guy like me. All my clothes can be washed with all my other clothes, in hot water, and dried in the dryer on high heat.

Life is too short to worry about shirts fading. I just don't use those shirts.
I'm sort of the same, I don't wear a lot of colours that will fade, and I don't like ironing every day.
I used to buy blouses and dresses that were already crinkled, as that was the fashion. But the only problem is they're polyester, and that gets hot and sticky in Aucklands humid weather.
Linen while cool, looks bad when its crinkly - well it looks bad to me. The crinkly fabric is actually crinkly all over so looks like part of the garment, while the linen that you fail to iron has random creases that just look like you got out of bed.

I also don't like lint. You can buy lint shavers, or just use sticky tape, but who got time for that. Washing inside out don't do anything. Cheap fabrics pill easy and are uncomfortable to wear. Good fabrics you have to take care of.

Its def easier to be a guy with thick skin, but I was not born that way - some guys just don't understand that women do laundry and we have a lot more problems with finding clothes that fit and are comfortable than a man does.

I mean, I COULD dress like a man or teenager and just wear jeans and a t-shirt all the time, but I can't. Also it's boring.
 
If was up to me, I'd just wear a robe all day. Or an oodie when it's cold. Romans had it right, they just had togas. No zips, belts or buttons. But then, no pockets either and where do you put your keys and phone? Hence bags. I can't hold a hand bag all day though, needs to be an over the shoulder type.

ok enough complaining about clothing. God didn't give me fur or feathers, so, I just have to make do.
 
consider the lilies of the field.....
So God clothes me with clothes from the op shop? Ok.
I was lamenting no choir robes in churches on the thread below.

Instead it seems they want everyone to wear skinny jeans. I can't wear skinny jeans ALL the time.
 
I'm not a fan of skinny jeans, but they may have some redeeming value. They may improve lower body circulation, and they are probably easier to put on than the compression stockings that I have to put on my wife's legs every morning.

A pair of loose-fitting shorts, or a dress should be worn over them.
 
  • Heart
Reactions: seoulsearch
I'm not a fan of skinny jeans, but they may have some redeeming value. They may improve lower body circulation, and they are probably easier to put on than the compression stockings that I have to put on my wife's legs every morning.

A pair of loose-fitting shorts, or a dress should be worn over them.
leggings. I wear leggings (not jeggings! ugh) with shorts over them. Or leggings and a long tunic.

Skinny jeans that are sort of stretchy I can handle, and they have to have actual pockets (the five pocket original jean style) and not fake pockets.

Compression stockings - are a beast to wear. I'd recommend a rocking chair or some kind of foot treadmill for people that have lower circulation issues. Massages are also good, and epsom salts foot spas.

My mum never wore jeans. But then for the last decades of her life, she wore pants and I hardly ever saw her in a skirt/dress. Even when I was a teen and had to wear skirts as school uniform, would wear stockings underneath or shorts because we didn't want boys looking up our skirts. Because jeans have zips and belts, they are not easy for someone else to remove, so, they are kind of safe if you are going out on your own. Wearing a skirt can be a hazard if you don't have anything underneath the skirt.

Petticoats seems to be out of fashion - but skirts designed without lining and pockets are just cheap on the designers part. Layers are the way to go.
 
The toilet/bathroom sign with the female/ladies/woman silhouette of someone in a flared dress/skirt is like something out of the 1950s lol. Nobody wears Dior 'new look' or bobby sox poodle skirts anymore! Or mini skirts with nothing underneath.
 
I wouldn't get a tattoo, but if I did, it would be one that washes off.


I agree. I wouldn't want anything permanent because there are so many designs and bible verses I like. Plus I would want to put them on different parts of my body every time I change the tattoo to match the sentiment of my tattoo, occasion and/or outfit.


🕊️
 
  • Heart
Reactions: seoulsearch
Waiting for Lynx's big reveal.

Where are you getting your new tattoo? I mean which part of your body.
And when? You know I take everything you say seriously.

No idle talk with you.
 
Waiting for Lynx's big reveal.

Where are you getting your new tattoo? I mean which part of your body.
And when? You know I take everything you say seriously.

No idle talk with you.
As I am not planning to get it, I have not thought anything about where it might be.

But I might get "proverb 26:20" on my upper lip.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Godsgirl1983