New Years Eve Resolutions

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

Abing

Mine is the same one I've had for the last 20 years or so...

lose weight. :p
Haha I gotta do this too. I might have gained 200lbs last week alone. Food, glorious, food. Exercise can be fun with friends ya know. I'm gonna start running with my roommate next year too. It's fun when your friends drag you out to exercise.

T

Tintin

To learn to love God more, to trust Him more.
To learn to love myself/see myself more as Christ sees me.
To love those around me with more of Christ's love.
Also, exercise more, read more fiction than non-fiction (I only read a few fiction books this year - yikes!), find some direction (career-wise), and work towards becoming a better man.

M

MollyConnor

I need to think of mine...I still have a few days. :p

melita916

Aug 12, 2011
- to continue to lose weight. (i've put that on pause because of the holidays lol)
- to learn how to cook

that's all i got for now lol

C

cmarieh

I only have three resolutions for 2016:
1) Continue to lose weight so I can feel more confident in my own skin.
2) Have a deeper relationship with God.
3) Push forward and graduate in June with a degree in accounting. As you can tell I'm super excited, it's going to be a great year :)

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
- to continue to lose weight. (i've put that on pause because of the holidays lol)
- to learn how to cook

Uh... I hate to break it to you kid but those are mutually contradictory resolutions. As somebody who likes to cook I can tell you it gets a lot harder to lose weight. See, when you cook something it has to be either eaten or thrown out. And you don't want to just throw good food away.

melita916

Aug 12, 2011
Uh... I hate to break it to you kid but those are mutually contradictory resolutions. As somebody who likes to cook I can tell you it gets a lot harder to lose weight. See, when you cook something it has to be either eaten or thrown out. And you don't want to just throw good food away.
So what you're saying is... I shouldn't learn how to cook? Lol

H

Hellooo

So what you're saying is... I shouldn't learn how to cook? Lol
Do it!

If you have a williams Sonoma in your area they sometimes have free technique classes on the weekends. Free-ninety-nine.

melita916

Aug 12, 2011
LOL You wont learn anyway. You and I both know that! :p
I bet you won't say that to my face!!!!! Lol

I actually do wanna learn. All of a sudden, just... outta nowhere, I decided I want to learn. Idk why. :rolleyes:

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
new-years-memes-10.jpg

​........................

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
- to learn how to cook

I ONLY make resolutions I know I can keep.....

1) Become fatter
2) Become lazier
3) Become older

(got that covered)

:)

lil_christian

Mar 14, 2010
New Year's Eve - why put off what can be done tomorrow when you can do it January 1st?

I don't judge anyone for making New Year's resolutions. I get the reasoning behind it. It feels like a fresh start, like someone hit the restart button. But in reality, nothing's changed beyond the number on our calendar and the number of years we've been on this earth.

If we're not careful we can get so stuck in this mentality of having to do this, and then no wonder by the time June rolls around we've given up long ago and all forgotten what we even committed to do.

And not only that, I personally find it way too overwhelming to think about doing something for an entire year when I can barely get through one day most of the time.

Man makes plans, and God laughs at them.

The only thing I "plan" to do this next year is be more adventurous. See places I've never seen. Maybe even try to tackle a semester of college since I've been a high school graduate since 2014.

This year I went on a trip with a friend to Indiana. It was definitely out of my comfort zone. But if I hadn't gone, I would have regretted it for a very long time. It was one of the very few times I didn't let the fear of the unknown prevent me from going on what was the best weekend of my life. It was incredibly life-changing.

I could definitely go for a few more of those...

C

crosstweed

This year I renewed my resolution to not make a New Years resolution.

Addison

Jun 28, 2014
I've decided to become more positive this year.

*sheds electrons and becomes highly unstable*

R

RJD

Mine is to not have any resolutions, too. I do have some priorities for this year though! I can't say what they are or I won't be able to do them. It just seems to be that way with me weird as it may seem.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
So yesterday there was a guy hammering on the door of the local bar. Someone walked past and told him the bar was closed. Something about legal stuff in Tennessee, it's the law that they have to be closed on major holidays.

The thirsty guy said, "Oh come on, what's a guy gotta do to break a new year's resolution around here?!" :rolleyes: