• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Jrey

Oct 8, 2017
Hi Everyone! My name is Jessica. I'm from northern California, 30 years old, and a single mother of 2. I'm suffering from anxiety and depression. I joined this website to meet new people, get prayer, and maybe find someone in my area to hang out with...

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
Hi Jessica,

I'm sure you'll find plenty of crazy people here to accelerate your anxiety.
That's why you're here right?

LOLOKGal

Nov 13, 2015
Hello Jessica! And welcome! =D

Although it's true that you may find crazy people here, allowing them to raise anxiety is only a choice. So, we just move on. =)

Anyways!!!! I hope you enjoy it here and find someone to hang with.

Luvz n Hugz =)

S

SweetmorningDew78

Hi Jessica,

I am sorry but...
What do you mean by that? to accelerate your anxiety?
Is this your way of welcoming a person? Just asking...

slave

Mar 20, 2015
Hello Jessica - Welcome! We are very pleased to have you here. I would love to pray for you. How are your kids? Are they older or still young? If you need our prayers let us know how we can pray for you and your family. I used to live in Berkley California, Cali is beautiful in many ways. Have you lived there your whole life?

God has plenty to say about our mental state and anxiety have you read the verses concerning that subject? How is your relationship with our Father going? Anyway, it was nice to meet you. My name is Dan. May God richly Bless you here, and may our prayers also bless your kids as well and your surrounding circumstances God is working with to develop your character.

I don't know about you but sometimes I have to slow down and ask myself, "Am I learning to say things after listening to God, or am I saying things and trying to make God's Word fit in?" Where has your experience fallen in this experience?

Jrey

Oct 8, 2017
I was wondering the same.. kinda seemed a bit odd to me

S

SweetmorningDew78

Hi! Jessica :) nice to meet you :) hope you'll find a good support here :) see you around :)

God bless you ❤

Jrey

Oct 8, 2017
Hello Jessica - Welcome! We are very pleased to have you here. I would love to pray for you. How are your kids? Are they older or still young? If you need our prayers let us know how we can pray for you and your family. I used to live in Berkley California, Cali is beautiful in many ways. Have you lived there your whole life?

God has plenty to say about our mental state and anxiety have you read the verses concerning that subject? How is your relationship with our Father going? Anyway, it was nice to meet you. My name is Dan. May God richly Bless you here, and may our prayers also bless your kids as well and your surrounding circumstances God is working with to develop your character.

I don't know about you but sometimes I have to slow down and ask myself, "Am I learning to say things after listening to God, or am I saying things and trying to make God's Word fit in?" Where has your experience fallen in this experience?
I'm not sure if I'm responding to this the right way so bare with me if I didn't do this right. lol

Anyways, my kids are still pretty young, they're 5 and almost 7. I share custody with their dad. I would just like prayers concerning my mental health and my relationships with my family. Right now I feel like I'm being attacked very badly by the enemy and it's not going pretty well for me.. I've been praying and praying and rebuking the negative but it's attacking me pretty bad and the prayers don't seem to help.. I can start my day pretty well but then it's progressively gets worse. I'm not sure why. I'm actually coming back to God after having backslided again so it's not been too long.. I've also read all of the anxiety verses.. I get panic attacks too so that's a tough one..

I've lived in California my whole life.. Sacramento area and it sucks. lol Thanks for the welcome Dan. :)

J

joefizz

Welcome here you can discuss with bible smart people and possibly make new friends, hope you like it here!

JPPT1974

May 16, 2015
East TN
Hello and welcome Jessica. Feel free to post. Do not be shy at all. God bless!

Jrey

Oct 8, 2017
Welcome here you can discuss with bible smart people and possibly make new friends, hope you like it here!
Thank you for the welcome :) nice to meet you :)

Jrey

Oct 8, 2017
Hello Jessica! And welcome! =D

Although it's true that you may find crazy people here, allowing them to raise anxiety is only a choice. So, we just move on. =)

Anyways!!!! I hope you enjoy it here and find someone to hang with.

Luvz n Hugz =)
Thank you! :) nice to meet you :)

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
There are plenty of peeps from California here as well as single parents. There are many members that suffer from depression and anxiety so please know that you're not alone in this. There are plenty of quality people that are worth getting to know and there are many that will pray for you and your family. Glad to have you as part of our community Jessica. Welcome to CC.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
That was rather rude... She comes here for support, and you tell her that there are plenty of crazy people here, who will only accelerate her anxiety? WOW.. Engage brain, THEN type, Max. Seriously..

Hi Jessica,

slave

Mar 20, 2015
I'm not sure if I'm responding to this the right way so bare with me if I didn't do this right. lol

Anyways, my kids are still pretty young, they're 5 and almost 7. I share custody with their dad. I would just like prayers concerning my mental health and my relationships with my family. Right now I feel like I'm being attacked very badly by the enemy and it's not going pretty well for me.. I've been praying and praying and rebuking the negative but it's attacking me pretty bad and the prayers don't seem to help.. I can start my day pretty well but then it's progressively gets worse. I'm not sure why. I'm actually coming back to God after having backslided again so it's not been too long.. I've also read all of the anxiety verses.. I get panic attacks too so that's a tough one..

I've lived in California my whole life.. Sacramento area and it sucks. lol Thanks for the welcome Dan. :)
Thank you for sharing your kids are at a wonderful age enjoy them well!

I will not venture a guess on any prognosis or diagnosis here. But suffice it to say, heaviness drains worship out of our life. Church is depressing unless you learn to worship. I know that is a strange statement, but it is true. There is nothing worse than a Spirit filled Church that loses the garment of praise and picks up the spirit of heaviness. God desires our praise more than our mere Church attendance. That is not to say we should forsake assembling together as a corporate body. But our times together, just as our times alone, should be to glorify and praise our Awesome, Mighty God. Praise pushes back the enemy. We must remember that God owns all things and it is Satan who is stealing or trying to gain ground. If we remain in Jesus' restfulness we can stand against the enemy with authority always and it is not us but Christ in us that procures productivity in our victory here on earth.

One of my favorite examples of this is found in 2 Chronicles. King Jehoshaphat (I love saying that name Smile) is told, "a great multitude is coming against you from beyond the sea, from Syria; and they are in Haazon Tamar (which is En Gedi). And Jehoshaphat feared, and set himself to seek the Lord, and proclaimed a fast thru-out all Judah." (2 Chronicles 20:2-3).

Now, Jehoshaphat had just gotten the Kingdom of Judah in order. Things were going well. No sooner than they started enjoying that peace when they heard that an army - far larger than they could defeat on their own - was already on its way. Jehoshaphat could have died under that spirit of heaviness. The Scripture says that he "Feared," but he only paused a moment there. He immediately set himself and all the people of Judah to seek the Lord thru fasting and prayer. Then he took his place in the assembly of the people and began (volitionally) to praise - proclaiming who God was and all that God had done for them. He ended by saying, "We have no power against this great multitude that is coming against us; nor do we know what to do, but our eyes are upon You." (vs.12). Then they waited.

How many times do we find ourselves saying that same thing: "I don't know what to do?" This problem is far too big for me to handle, and go on to ask for victory instead of gaining answers from victory? The answer isn't in defeating Satan, Jesus has already done that for us, it is in the fact we must put our eyes on God! The story continues: "Then the Spirit of the Lord came upon Jahaziel ... a Levite of the sons of Asaph (I know these names kill me too), in the midst of the assembly." (vs.14). God told them that the battle was not theirs but His. He told them exactly where the enemy would be, but He said, "You will not need to fight in this battle. Position yourselves, stand still and see the salvation of the Lord, who is with you, O Judah and Jerusalem!" Do not fear or be dismayed; tomorrow go out against them (so God does employ our will as well), for the Lord is with you." (vs.17).

I will pray for you absolutely, not to gain victory but to have God deliver it to and thru you as He does the fighting while you stand up under it! I don't know about you, but realizing that the Lord was going to destroy my enemies, (which, when in Christ, are God's enemies) would be reason enough to shout! And that is just what the people of Judah did. Young and old "stood up to praise the Lord God of Israel with voices loud and high." The next day, they went early to the place the Lord had directed them.

Then Jehoshaphat addressed the people again, saying:

"Hear me, O Judah nd you inhabitants of Jerusalem: Believe in the Lord your God, and you shall be established; believe His prophets, and you shall prosper." And when he had consulted with the people, he appointed those who should sing to the Lord, and who should praise the beauty of holiness, as they went out before the army and were saying: "Praise the Lord, for His mercy endures forever." (2 Chronicles 20:20-21).

Now, notice what happened when they began to praise: "The Lord set ambushes against the people of Ammon, Moab, and Mount Seit, who had come against Judah; and they were defeated." It happened from victory but happened in real time because of it. And so too is your life in Christ.

There is power in corporate fasting and power in corporate praise! So, as you ask for prayer there is power in that indeed thru faith. It creates a river of cleansing in the house of God. I pray it is time to exchange ashes for beauty in His name, mourning to joy, and a garment of heaviness for garment of praise. May God richly bless you , and I have and will continue to pray for you!

Last edited:

Jrey

Oct 8, 2017
Thank you for sharing your kids are at a wonderful age enjoy them well!

I will not venture a guess on any prognosis or diagnosis here. But suffice it to say, heaviness drains worship out of our life. Church is depressing unless you learn to worship. I know that is a strange statement, but it is true. There is nothing worse than a Spirit filled Church that loses the garment of praise and picks up the spirit of heaviness. God desires our praise more than our mere Church attendance. That is not to say we should forsake assembling together as a corporate body. But our times together, just as our times alone, should be to glorify and praise our Awesome, Mighty God. Praise pushes back the enemy. We must remember that God owns all things and it is Satan who is stealing or trying to gain ground. If we remain in Jesus' restfulness we can stand against the enemy with authority always and it is not us but Christ in us that procures productivity in our victory here on earth.

One of my favorite examples of this is found in 2 Chronicles. King Jehoshaphat (I love saying that name Smile) is told, "a great multitude is coming against you from beyond the sea, from Syria; and they are in Haazon Tamar (which is En Gedi). And Jehoshaphat feared, and set himself to seek the Lord, and proclaimed a fast thru-out all Judah." (2 Chronicles 20:2-3).

Now, Jehoshaphat had just gotten the Kingdom of Judah in order. Things were going well. No sooner than they started enjoying that peace when they heard that an army - far larger than they could defeat on their own - was already on its way. Jehoshaphat could have died under that spirit of heaviness. The Scripture says that he "Feared," but he only paused a moment there. He immediately set himself and all the people of Judah to seek the Lord thru fasting and prayer. Then he took his place in the assembly of the people and began (volitionally) to praise - proclaiming who God was and all that God had done for them. He ended by saying, "We have no power against this great multitude that is coming against us; nor do we know what to do, but our eyes are upon You." (vs.12). Then they waited.

How many times do we find ourselves saying that same thing: "I don't know what to do?" This problem is far too big for me to handle, and go on to ask for victory instead of gaining answers from victory? The answer isn't in defeating Satan, Jesus has already done that for us, it is in the fact we must put our eyes on God! The story continues: "Then the Spirit of the Lord came upon Jahaziel ... a Levite of the sons of Asaph (I know these names kill me too), in the midst of the assembly." (vs.14). God told them that the battle was not theirs but His. He told them exactly where the enemy would be, but He said, "You will not need to fight in this battle. Position yourselves, stand still and see the salvation of the Lord, who is with you, O Judah and Jerusalem!" Do not fear or be dismayed; tomorrow go out against them (so God does employ our will as well), for the Lord is with you." (vs.17).

I will pray for you absolutely, not to gain victory but to have God deliver it to and thru you as He does the fighting while you stand up under it! I don't know about you, but realizing that the Lord was going to destroy my enemies, (which, when in Christ, are God's enemies) would be reason enough to shout! And that is just what the people of Judah did. Young and old "stood up to praise the Lord God of Israel with voices loud and high." The next day, they went early to the place the Lord had directed them.

Then Jehoshaphat addressed the people again, saying:

"Hear me, O Judah nd you inhabitants of Jerusalem: Believe in the Lord your God, and you shall be established; believe His prophets, and you shall prosper." And when he had consulted with the people, he appointed those who should sing to the Lord, and who should praise the beauty of holiness, as they went out before the army and were saying: "Praise the Lord, for His mercy endures forever." (2 Chronicles 20:20-21).

Now, notice what happened when they began to praise: "The Lord set ambushes against the people of Ammon, Moab, and Mount Seit, who had come against Judah; and they were defeated." It happened from victory but happened in real time because of it. And so too is your life in Christ.

There is power in corporate fasting and power in corporate praise! So, as you ask for prayer there is power in that indeed thru faith. It creates a river of cleansing in the house of God. I pray it is time to exchange ashes for beauty in His name, mourning to joy, and a garment of heaviness for garment of praise. May God richly bless you , and I have and will continue to pray for you!
Wow, that was a very nice read! I'm going to have to read it again when I have some quiet time. Seems like something I needed to hear! thank you for sharing and for praying! I will pray for you as well. :)

Jrey

Oct 8, 2017
There are plenty of peeps from California here as well as single parents. There are many members that suffer from depression and anxiety so please know that you're not alone in this. There are plenty of quality people that are worth getting to know and there are many that will pray for you and your family. Glad to have you as part of our community Jessica. Welcome to CC.
Thank you very much for the welcome. :) I hope to get to know some amazing people here that are close to where I live.