No Works, No Change

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Nov 2, 2013
This isn't God's world, this is Satan's world, until Christ returns and sets up a literal Kingdom on the earth, you will see death, jealousy, confusion and every other wrong action and motive because the Devil is in the driver's seat until the return.
John...HE is not on the Sabbath!

T

Tintin

The bible is the same old kids story and has been for hundreds of years. No one can provide a SOLID understanding of any part of it. There are always flaws in meanings and people argue over what the true meanings actually are. Nothing changes.
Yawn. This thread is going to be really productive. NOT.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Your post is a good example. The modern "Jews", which seem to hold the full attention of Christians these days, can produce no Biblically-founded evidence that they are the descendants of Abraham. They are Ashkenazis, and the scriptures demonstrate them to be the line of Japheth (Genesis 10:1-5). I can see them easily fulfilling the warnings of Revelation 2:9 and 3:9. Christianity is wasting its energies concentrating on these people, no matter what they call themselves.
or on opinions such as your last sentence.

So you think the Jews are just from Northern Europe? What of the Jews coming into Israel from Ethiopia, Yemen, Iraq, Libya, Morocco, Tunisia, Algeria, Egypt, Iran, India, Latin America? You think they are all Ashkenaz?
The reason there was a large initial influx of Jews into Israel from Europe was because of attitudes like yours coming from Nazi Germany and Soviet Russia, you know pogroms, concentration camps, gulags.
I suppose next you'll say, "Hitler didn't exterminate Jews, he was just guessing, actually they were Mongolians".
Jesus was a Jew but I guess as you say "we are wasting our time with these people".
...You sir, are sick.

T

TaylorTG

This is not Satan's world. Yes Satan controls this Earth, but his is not its king in the fullest sense.

Satan can fuel death, jealousy, and confusion throughout the Earth, but we human beings are the main cause of the problems. Satan started evil, but he isn't responsible for all evils that we commit.

This isn't God's world, this is Satan's world, until Christ returns and sets up a literal Kingdom on the earth, you will see death, jealousy, confusion and every other wrong action and motive because the Devil is in the driver's seat until the return.

Calmador

Jun 23, 2011
I strongly recommend nobody feed the troll. This guy seems to be just looking for trouble. His word usage of saying,"Nobody looks for meaning," is arrogant in that he thinks he knows that "nobody" does. Also, I don't think he's very cooperative. He expects us to just get him... but makes it difficult for us to get him. Don't feed the troll.

D

danalee

I do not see change...you know what I see? I see people trying to make the word come to truth in today's world. Like the stories are supposed to be played out with an end of times eventually. The bible is not predicting the future, carnally minded individuals and groups are using it as a guide to an eventual destruction of humanity. They actually think they are playing out God's plan. Its insanity.
Wwwwait, are you going to lend into gnosis now? Come on. It's a trick.

P

pastac

and you wonder why no change? why do people always fall for the bait when its dangled that hasn't changed.

Nov 2, 2013
I strongly recommend nobody feed the troll. This guy seems to be just looking for trouble. His word usage of saying,"Nobody looks for meaning," is arrogant in that he thinks he knows that "nobody" does. Also, I don't think he's very cooperative. He expects us to just get him... but makes it difficult for us to get him. Don't feed the troll.

I also "strongly" recommend YOU the troll.

D

danalee

This is not Satan's world. Yes Satan controls this Earth, but his is not its king in the fullest sense.

Satan can fuel death, jealousy, and confusion throughout the Earth, but we human beings are the main cause of the problems. Satan started evil, but he isn't responsible for all evils that we commit.
Okay we don't really know that. I've seen the same rotten spirit barking the same rotten things in a lot of different people. People who aren't protected by Christ are open to demonic attacks.

Christ drove out demons. He never said that person sinned and therefore deserved it. It didn't have a function. If that sin and therefore sinful nature was a part of how we learn or some other thing of purpose Christ would have left it. Those people were truly sick with evil and I don't think they did anything wrong.

I'm not saying we shouldn't hold people accountable. I just believe it IS satan's world.

It depends on our experiences so we all have different takes. I do think some of the stuff people do about demonic possession is strange. But I think it's a big mistake to leave out that part of scripture.

That kid that was going to Columbine a town not too far from me (yes I did just verb that) - he seems possessed. I mean really. The things he says is not explainable. He doesn't fit psychopathic criteria. He's got a spirit I think. He was going to kill his parents and the sister he loved so much. Just strange. He wasn't even teased or a loner, he just thought Columbine was cool and that murder is like fun. :(

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
I also "strongly" recommend YOU the troll.
The bible is the same old kids story and has been for hundreds of years. No one can provide a SOLID understanding of any part of it. There are always flaws in meanings and people argue over what the true meanings actually are. Nothing changes.
The troll trap has sprung and you got caught.

Nov 2, 2013
and you wonder why no change? why do people always fall for the bait when its dangled that hasn't changed.
[SUP] [/SUP]And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.

THAT shall never change

Nov 2, 2013
And I spake all these words, saying,[SUP]2 [/SUP]I am the Lord his God, which have brought him out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.
[SUP]3 [/SUP]He shalt have no other gods before me.
[SUP]4 [/SUP]He shalt not make unto him any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.
[SUP]5 [/SUP]He shalt not bow down his self to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord his God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;
[SUP]6 [/SUP]And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.
[SUP]7 [/SUP]He shalt not take the name of the Lord his God in vain; for the Lord will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.
[SUP]8 [/SUP]Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
[SUP]9 [/SUP]Six days shalt He labour, and do all his work:
[SUP]10 [/SUP]But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord his God: in it He shalt not do any work, He , nor his son, nor his daughter, his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his cattle, nor his stranger that is within his gates:
[SUP]11 [/SUP]For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.
[SUP]12 [/SUP]Honour his father and his mother: that his days may be long upon the land which the Lord his God giveth him.
[SUP]13 [/SUP]He shalt not kill.
[SUP]14 [/SUP]He shalt not commit adultery.
[SUP]15 [/SUP]He shalt not steal.
[SUP]16 [/SUP]He shalt not bear false witness against his neighbour.
[SUP]17 [/SUP]He shalt not covet his neighbour's house, He shalt not covet his neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is his neighbour's.
[SUP]18 [/SUP]And all the people saw the thunderings, and the lightnings, and the noise of the trumpet, and the mountain smoking: and when the people saw it, they removed, and stood afar off.

And I spake all these words, saying,
[SUP]2 [/SUP]I am the Lord her God, which have brought her out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.
[SUP]3 [/SUP]She shalt have no other gods before me.
[SUP]4 [/SUP]She shalt not make unto her any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.
[SUP]5 [/SUP]She shalt not bow down herself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord her God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;
[SUP]6 [/SUP]And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.
[SUP]7 [/SUP]She shalt not take the name of the Lord her God in vain; for the Lord will not hold her guiltless that taketh her name in vain.
[SUP]8 [/SUP]Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
[SUP]9 [/SUP]Six days shalt She labour, and do all her work:
[SUP]10 [/SUP]But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord her God: in it She shalt not do any work, She , nor her son, nor her daughter, her manservant, nor her maidservant, nor her cattle, nor her stranger that is within her gates:
[SUP]11 [/SUP]For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.
[SUP]12 [/SUP]Honour her father and her mother: that her days may be long upon the land which the Lord her God giveth her.
[SUP]13 [/SUP]She shalt not kill.
[SUP]14 [/SUP]She shalt not commit adultery.
[SUP]15 [/SUP]She shalt not steal.
[SUP]16 [/SUP]She shalt not bear false witness against her neighbour.
[SUP]17 [/SUP]She shalt not covet her neighbour's house, She shalt not covet her neighbour's wife, nor her manservant, nor her maidservant, nor her ox, nor her ass, nor any thing that is her neighbour's.
[SUP]18 [/SUP]And all the people saw the thunderings, and the lightnings, and the noise of the trumpet, and the mountain smoking: and when the people saw it, they removed, and stood afar off.

T

Tintin

You forgot: Thou shalt not pretendeth to be a Christian when thou art not a Christian.

Nov 30, 2012
I do not see change...you know what I see? I see people trying to make the word come to truth in today's world. Like the stories are supposed to be played out with an end of times eventually. The bible is not predicting the future, carnally minded individuals and groups are using it as a guide to an eventual destruction of humanity. They actually think they are playing out God's plan. Its insanity.
Then seek whether a true Church of Christ exists or not. If it does, then you have found your answer, and if it doesn't, seek a new question, for it has been answered.

Nov 2, 2013
You forgot: Thou shalt not pretendeth to be a Christian when thou art not a Christian.
I am not sure...blind or just ignorant. I am certain YOU is not used once in what I posted. YOU is a shell to be occupied by you. I have my shell with me. YOU does not fire with me. I cast aside YOU a long time ago.

Nick01

Jul 15, 2013
Wwwwait, are you going to lend into gnosis now? Come on. It's a trick.
But I like gnosis :(

potato_ricotta_gnocchi-6.jpg

Oh wait, that's gnocchi. I always get those two confused...

T

Tintin

I am not sure...blind or just ignorant. I am certain YOU is not used once in what I posted. YOU is a shell to be occupied by you. I have my shell with me. YOU does not fire with me. I cast aside YOU a long time ago.
Blaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

P

pastac

eyes watering from the laughter