Nonstop family problems

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

saintrose

May 9, 2020
My daughter has started problems between my husband and I for years. As much as I love her, she seems to do the devil's work in starting trouble. We recently began getting along good - I was babysitting every day and we actually had a good relationship that I've always wanted. Then I got depressed over physically damage I sustained and was feeling down when my grandson said something hurtful and I shot back at him. My daughter got angry and made a BIG problem.

I raised my grandson and I think my daughter doesn't like our close relationship. She got sole custody so she has full control over him. She lives with her boyfriend and they had another child. My grandson has confided some things about how she is towards him at times and I think she knows it so now won't allow him to come over.

I am exhausted - the verse "a man's enemies will be those of his own household" seem true. I try to discuss things with one Christian friend and she acts like her life is perfect. My other friend has the same exact problem with her daughter.

What is this? Do others feel like Satan gets into families?

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Welcome to CC, SaintRose...
I can't relate to your situation; mine is troubled but in a completely different way. However, I'm sure there are some here who can, and will be able to offer relevant input. I can pray for you though. :)

Apr 14, 2020
Hello saintrose, I have a troubled daughter with a son who is in and out of my life between boyfriends. Without knowing more, the only advice I have is to set boundaries for what you will put up with and what you won't. It's so hard when there is a grandchild involved, but I can say that overall, things have progressed in a positive direction when I make the boundaries clear and stick to them. I'm sorry you're going through this, I will say a prayer for you.

Mel85

Daughter of the True King
Mar 28, 2018
My daughter has started problems between my husband and I for years. As much as I love her, she seems to do the devil's work in starting trouble. We recently began getting along good - I was babysitting every day and we actually had a good relationship that I've always wanted. Then I got depressed over physically damage I sustained and was feeling down when my grandson said something hurtful and I shot back at him. My daughter got angry and made a BIG problem.

I raised my grandson and I think my daughter doesn't like our close relationship. She got sole custody so she has full control over him. She lives with her boyfriend and they had another child. My grandson has confided some things about how she is towards him at times and I think she knows it so now won't allow him to come over.

I am exhausted - the verse "a man's enemies will be those of his own household" seem true. I try to discuss things with one Christian friend and she acts like her life is perfect. My other friend has the same exact problem with her daughter.

Hi SaintRose, welcome to CC :)

Yes, satan does his best to tear families up - that’s his mission, however what’s more better is that we have a Father who we can trust in and turn to when times like this happen. I understand where you’re coming from, being exposed to such situations like that with close family and friends - however I encourage you to continue to pray and give this to God. Also, don’t be afraid to speak truth into your children and grandchildren :)

Praying for you all💜

saintrose

May 9, 2020
Welcome to CC, SaintRose...
I can't relate to your situation; mine is troubled but in a completely different way. However, I'm sure there are some here who can, and will be able to offer relevant input. I can pray for you though. :)
Thanks - I hope your situation works out because families are good but can also be a source of pain.

saintrose

May 9, 2020
Hello saintrose, I have a troubled daughter with a son who is in and out of my life between boyfriends. Without knowing more, the only advice I have is to set boundaries for what you will put up with and what you won't. It's so hard when there is a grandchild involved, but I can say that overall, things have progressed in a positive direction when I make the boundaries clear and stick to them. I'm sorry you're going through this, I will say a prayer for you.
Thank you. I have just been thinking of that saying that we 'teach' others how to treat us and I've allowed her to get away with a lot. A lot of the problem is my husband - he's always allowed our children to do whatever they want. He's a carbon copy of his own passive father - so we have some complicated issues. I just feel too tired to deal with it anymore. I've prayed a lot and it seemed God was working on her heart until this last blow-up.

saintrose

May 9, 2020
Hi SaintRose, welcome to CC :)

Yes, satan does his best to tear families up - that’s his mission, however what’s more better is that we have a Father who we can trust in and turn to when times like this happen. I understand where you’re coming from, being exposed to such situations like that with close family and friends - however I encourage you to continue to pray and give this to God. Also, don’t be afraid to speak truth into your children and grandchildren :)

Praying for you all💜
Thanks so much. Satan seems to be working overtime. We had been getting along so well and then she reverted back. The only thing I can figure is that it's spiritual. I am going to continue to pray but I'm pretty weary.

Apr 22, 2020

Yea unfortunately just as you quoted and the Lord spoke, families would be divided. My entire family have chosen sin/this world/Satan & demons for their portion. Though they are not allowed to say it openly. They betrayed me and continued to persecute me until I couldn't bear any longer and finally snapped one day and there was a bit of cussing and yelling from me and then I left. That was a while back though. I dont have any dealings with them now. Though I did contact them after some time had passed and let them know I was sorry for being angry (even though they were doing me evil, but God wants us to be peacemakers) and that I was here if they ever had an emergency. And that's all the communication we've had been really. But they have spiritual discernment and I as well. They know who true Christians are and for those that diligently seek God and His commandments and obey Him will He give spiritual discernment to to be able to tell who is who by being able to discern between good and evil, the Spirit of God and the spirit of antichrist.

saintrose

May 9, 2020
Yea unfortunately just as you quoted and the Lord spoke, families would be divided. My entire family have chosen sin/this world/Satan & demons for their portion. Though they are not allowed to say it openly. They betrayed me and continued to persecute me until I couldn't bear any longer and finally snapped one day and there was a bit of cussing and yelling from me and then I left. That was a while back though. I dont have any dealings with them now. Though I did contact them after some time had passed and let them know I was sorry for being angry (even though they were doing me evil, but God wants us to be peacemakers) and that I was here if they ever had an emergency. And that's all the communication we've had been really. But they have spiritual discernment and I as well. They know who true Christians are and for those that diligently seek God and His commandments and obey Him will He give spiritual discernment to to be able to tell who is who by being able to discern between good and evil, the Spirit of God and the spirit of antichrist.
OMG I had the same deep betrayal from a former family member who said she was a Christian but did something very very evil. Then another family member continued to enjoy my friendship while playing both sides of the fence so I dropped her too. She didn't like it and attempted to steal money from me with a crooked lawyer when my father's will was probated. I cut off that entire family - they're all kooks and liars.

You're probably better off without them. I'm looking to replace the ex family I lost through friendship. I think there are some wrongs that can never be forgotten - the wrong is too bad, the betrayal too deep. The evil witch even tried to Lord it over my head saying "You'd better watch it! You're going to lose another sister!" Well I showed her just what that ex family meant to me and I completely cut her and the others off. If someone continues to associate with someone who has done despicable evil to you then they're no friend.

My other vile sister kept bothering with the evil sister while pretending to be my friend. She never had kids of her own and was using my children as her family. I told her to stop contacting my kids and she went berserk and tried stealing from me. She's a liar and lied the entire time about why she did it. She's sick in her head and heart and tried contacting my children and daughter-in-law trying to turn them against me. All she succeeded in doing was turning them against HER. "He who digs a pit will fall into it..."

But the real evildoer is the oldest witch. I don't know why God allows her to breathe but have struggled trying to keep my own heart free of malice. "Vengeance is mine saith the Lord..." yet sometimes it's very very hard to turn away from wanting revenge.

Apr 22, 2020
OMG I had the same deep betrayal from a former family member who said she was a Christian but did something very very evil. Then another family member continued to enjoy my friendship while playing both sides of the fence so I dropped her too. She didn't like it and attempted to steal money from me with a crooked lawyer when my father's will was probated. I cut off that entire family - they're all kooks and liars.

You're probably better off without them. I'm looking to replace the ex family I lost through friendship. I think there are some wrongs that can never be forgotten - the wrong is too bad, the betrayal too deep. The evil witch even tried to Lord it over my head saying "You'd better watch it! You're going to lose another sister!" Well I showed her just what that ex family meant to me and I completely cut her and the others off. If someone continues to associate with someone who has done despicable evil to you then they're no friend.

My other vile sister kept bothering with the evil sister while pretending to be my friend. She never had kids of her own and was using my children as her family. I told her to stop contacting my kids and she went berserk and tried stealing from me. She's a liar and lied the entire time about why she did it. She's sick in her head and heart and tried contacting my children and daughter-in-law trying to turn them against me. All she succeeded in doing was turning them against HER. "He who digs a pit will fall into it..."

But the real evildoer is the oldest witch. I don't know why God allows her to breathe but have struggled trying to keep my own heart free of malice. "Vengeance is mine saith the Lord..." yet sometimes it's very very hard to turn away from wanting revenge.
You should forgive them because God hath forgiven your past mistakes. God wants us to forgive everyone. I can tell you have thse evils of the past lingering over you. If you will truly forgive everyone you will have a huge weight lifted off your shoulder. God tells us in Matthew 6:15 KJB "But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses."

Having malice and hatred in your heart is the same as murdering someone in your heart and God says murderers will not enter His kingdom. Please forgive everyone, I know it's hard, trust I know, I was betrayed in a way by my family (Father mother brother and sister) that you probably couldn't even think up. If I can forgive them and make things peaceable so can you. Please do it out of obedience to God and know that He will reward you for it.

saintrose

May 9, 2020
You should forgive them because God hath forgiven your past mistakes. God wants us to forgive everyone. I can tell you have thse evils of the past lingering over you. If you will truly forgive everyone you will have a huge weight lifted off your shoulder. God tells us in Matthew 6:15 KJB "But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses."

Having malice and hatred in your heart is the same as murdering someone in your heart and God says murderers will not enter His kingdom. Please forgive everyone, I know it's hard, trust I know, I was betrayed in a way by my family (Father mother brother and sister) that you probably couldn't even think up. If I can forgive them and make things peaceable so can you. Please do it out of obedience to God and know that He will reward you for it.
Yes but the evil is so great that she committed that I cannot bring myself to forgive. I've learned that the best I can do is to turn my attention away from evildoers as the harder I try to forgive the more bound I am. I think pastors sometimes err when they demand that an injured person forgive in a legalistic manner. Some offenses are so great that it would be foolhardy to forgive - the person must protect themselves from an evil person. The problem is then pastors and others lay a guilt trip on the one who has been severely injured, thereby hurting them worse.

I've found that sometimes the only thing one can do is turn away and not think about it.

Billyd

May 8, 2014
I will give you one short verse that helps me when someone wrongs me. Maybe it can help you.

Eph 4:26 Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath: KJV

saintrose

May 9, 2020
I will give you one short verse that helps me when someone wrongs me. Maybe it can help you.

Yes I know all the verses. It's difficult. I'm trying but it's difficult.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
sounds like some witchcraft in your family...maybe pray some binding and loosing prayers as it sounds complicated. Dont curse anyone, be a blessing.

if you are able to Forgive them...they dont really know what they are doing just as at some point you were forgiven for doing wrong things out of ignorance in the past. God allows most people to breathe, both unrighteous and righteous alike in most part cos He is merciful, longsuffering and waiting for us all to repent.

I know it hurts when people say they are christian and then proceed to do ungodly things. if Judas did that to Jesus it can happen to all of us. The difference I supoose between Peters unfaithfulnes and Judas was Peter asked forgiveness while Judas did not.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee

I applied that passage early on in my life. It allows me to start each day with a clean slate in my attitude towards others.

Apr 22, 2020
Yes but the evil is so great that she committed that I cannot bring myself to forgive. I've learned that the best I can do is to turn my attention away from evildoers as the harder I try to forgive the more bound I am. I think pastors sometimes err when they demand that an injured person forgive in a legalistic manner. Some offenses are so great that it would be foolhardy to forgive - the person must protect themselves from an evil person. The problem is then pastors and others lay a guilt trip on the one who has been severely injured, thereby hurting them worse.

I've found that sometimes the only thing one can do is turn away and not think about it.
Sometimes it takes time before you can forgive deep wrongs. But God does want us to forgive and not harbor hatred or malice in our hearts.

saintrose

May 9, 2020
Sometimes it takes time before you can forgive deep wrongs. But God does want us to forgive and not harbor hatred or malice in our hearts.
Yes I know but as you say it takes time. I think we do Christians a great injustice by heaping condemnation on them to forgiven when it was not they who committed a grievous offense.

saintrose

May 9, 2020
You'd better believe it. Satan works extremely hard to divide families, and cause children to rebel against their parents.
I'd appreciate prayers. I'm dealing with family conflict again and I'm weary.

R

Reformyourself

There were two demons sat outside the pearly gates & they were crying. Peter came out and asked them why they were upset, and they said ‘it’s those Christians, they blame us for everything’