Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Sep 4, 2012

TruthTalk

Jul 17, 2017
This is an example of a personal attack.

truthralk didn't even notice your signature until someone pointed it out...

If it truly is scripture reworded, the loving thing to do would be to give the parrallel scripture from the Bible.

Hating false doctrine is not the same thing as hating you.
Hi Ariel, you are twice correct,

I was informed by Preacher4Truth that AngelFrogs signature was a gnostic writing. And I never attacked AngelFrog personally, it was always about the use of a gnostic signature on a Christian Forum, She continued her false statements by saying I "hated" her, I do not hate her, it was a bold face lie to make me look like the bad guy.
Pure fabricated lies.

God bless

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
No, I'm a Christian. I'm just not terrified of the dead sea scrolls.
I'm also someone that is aware of how the canon came to exist. Which means, I am not afraid to gain an education about the faith and Apologetics nor Christian Theology.
So you believe Jesus came in the flesh, was crucified in the flesh, buried in the flesh, rose again in the flesh, was seen by others in the flesh and is now seated next to the Father in the flesh?

That he died and rose again for our sins in order to be reconciled to the Father?

AngelFrog

Feb 16, 2015
So you believe Jesus came in the flesh, was crucified in the flesh, buried in the flesh, rose again in the flesh, was seen by others in the flesh and is now seated next to the Father in the flesh?

That he died and rose again for our sins in order to be reconciled to the Father?
1 Corinthians 15:50

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
That's a no then?

1 John 4:1-3
1 Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world. 2 By this you know the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God, 3 and every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God. And this is the spirit of the Antichrist, which you have heard was coming, and is now already in the world.

4:2 By this you know: One test of whether a person is led by the Holy Spirit is whether that person’s beliefs agree with the truth of God’s Word (see 2:22; 1 Cor. 12:3). Jesus Christ has come in the flesh: This test seems to be aimed at Docetists. They taught that Christ did not have a physical body. The test may also be aimed at the followers of Cerinthus who claimed that Jesus and “the Christ” were two separate beings, one physical and the other spiritual. In this letter, John is careful to use the name and title of Jesus Christ together to clearly express the complete union of the two titles in one person.
4:3 Cerinthus, a false teacher of John’s day, denied the Incarnation by teaching that the divine Christ descended on the human Jesus at His baptism and then departed before His crucifixion (2:22). John teaches that Jesus did not merely enter into an already existing human being, but He came as a human being. The Greek tense of the verb has come and the meaning of the noun flesh indicate that not only did Jesus come as a human being, He was still a human being even as John wrote. God the Son is forever fully God and fully man. He is immortal and has received a resurrected human body that does not age or die. A denial of Jesus’ full and true humanity proves that a teacher is not of God.

2 John 1:7-8

Beware of Antichrist Deceivers
7 For many deceivers have gone out into the world who do not confess Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist. 8 Look to yourselves, that we do not lose those things we worked for, but that we may receive a full reward.

A

Ariel82

38But God gives it a body as he has chosen, and to each kind of seed its own body. 39For not all flesh is the same, but there is one kind for humans, another for animals, another for birds, and another for fish.40There are heavenly bodies and earthly bodies, but the glory of the heavenly is of one kind, and the glory of the earthly is of another. 41There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars; for star differs from star in glory

We are not just spirit but will be given resurrected bodies. It may not have muscles or blood but it will eat things like fish for Jesus did after His resurrection.

AngelFrog

Feb 16, 2015
It is a shame that you deny scriptures. Hopefully you will become the person Christ wants you to be and forego aspiring to admiration by your dog.

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
This "Post Reply" text box, NEEDS A CANCEL BUTTON.

A

Ariel82

This "Post Reply" text box, NEEDS A CANCEL BUTTON.
You can delete it....

The .....

On bottom left let's you edit and delete..still 5 minute limit on edits though.

AngelFrog

Feb 16, 2015
That's a no then?

1 John 4:1-3
1 Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world. 2 By this you know the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God, 3 and every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God. And this is the spirit of the Antichrist, which you have heard was coming, and is now already in the world.

4:2 By this you know: One test of whether a person is led by the Holy Spirit is whether that person’s beliefs agree with the truth of God’s Word (see 2:22; 1 Cor. 12:3). Jesus Christ has come in the flesh: This test seems to be aimed at Docetists. They taught that Christ did not have a physical body. The test may also be aimed at the followers of Cerinthus who claimed that Jesus and “the Christ” were two separate beings, one physical and the other spiritual. In this letter, John is careful to use the name and title of Jesus Christ together to clearly express the complete union of the two titles in one person.
4:3 Cerinthus, a false teacher of John’s day, denied the Incarnation by teaching that the divine Christ descended on the human Jesus at His baptism and then departed before His crucifixion (2:22). John teaches that Jesus did not merely enter into an already existing human being, but He came as a human being. The Greek tense of the verb has come and the meaning of the noun flesh indicate that not only did Jesus come as a human being, He was still a human being even as John wrote. God the Son is forever fully God and fully man. He is immortal and has received a resurrected human body that does not age or die. A denial of Jesus’ full and true humanity proves that a teacher is not of God.

2 John 1:7-8

Beware of Antichrist Deceivers
7 For many deceivers have gone out into the world who do not confess Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist. 8 Look to yourselves, that we do not lose those things we worked for, but that we may receive a full reward.
I've reported your post. It appears it is acceptable to make that public since someone did that to me in a thread.

It seems there is a group here that openly accuses those they target of not being a Christian. In every forum I've been a member of that is against ToS. As it seems to be a go-to here, I thought to make it as public as those who seek to offend, that their behavior is to be judged first when they think to accuse others of not being their type of Christian.
I would not ever want to be the type of christian that thinks acidic remarks and false teaching defense , and resorting to personal attacks against those who rebuke those falsities, represents my Lord, God's truth, or actual faith as one who is indwelt by Fathers holy spirit.

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
I've reported your post. It appears it is acceptable to make that public since someone did that to me in a thread.

It seems there is a group here that openly accuses those they target of not being a Christian. In every forum I've been a member of that is against ToS. As it seems to be a go-to here, I thought to make it as public as those who seek to offend, that their behavior is to be judged first when they think to accuse others of not being their type of Christian.
I would not ever want to be the type of christian that thinks acidic remarks and false teaching defense , and resorting to personal attacks against those who rebuke those falsities, represents my Lord, God's truth, or actual faith as one who is indwelt by Fathers holy spirit.
Why are you reporting my post for quoting Bible verses and their commentary of those verses from the Bible?

A

Ariel82

It is a shame that you deny scriptures. Hopefully you will become the person Christ wants you to be and forego aspiring to admiration by your dog.
It's a shame you can't answer a simple yes of no question and resort to false accusations and trivial insults.

Do you believe Jesus came in the flesh?

Yes I believe he did. However, I believe that not all flesh is sinful and that we will be given different bodies upon resurrection.

No I don't believe he came in sinful flesh because he is sinless and I believe all flesh is sinful.

AngelFrog

Feb 16, 2015
Daily there are people on the web seeking information about God and Christ Jesus. It would be wrong to leave those seekers with the impression that bitterness and false teachings concerning the spirit of Christ.
This resource is excellent for anyone out there who has a key topic, or keyword , they'd like to pursue in matters of scripture and Christian doctrine. It also provides detailed narratives on a subject and sustains those with Biblical scripture.

Does Jesus have a physical body in heaven?

Excerpted: (Sic)"....So, we know that the Christian will have a heavenly body like Jesus’ “glorious body” (Philippians 3:21). At His incarnation Jesus took on human flesh, and at His resurrection His body was glorified—although He retained the scars (John 20:27). He will forever be the God-Man, sacrificed for us. Christ, the Creator of the universe, will forever stoop to our level, and He will be known to us in heaven in a tangible form that we can see, hear, and touch (Revelation 21:3–4; 22:4). "

I am not aware of that group that would think to teach Jesus is flesh and bone in Heaven. However, to those seekers who may happen on this forum, or this thread, beware anyone who attempts to tell you the truth of God in Christ is that which is in opposition to the word of The Word. That is false doctrine. It will not gain you Heaven. Also, look askance at those who act like the devil when defending their version of the Holy Prince of Peace, Jesus Christ.

John 1:1-14 King James Version (KJV)
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.
7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.
8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.
9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.
10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.
11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
King James Version (KJV)
Public Domain

A

Ariel82

Thank you, I missed that. But Hey, I have and excuse, I am 69 years old.
I will be able to use that one of these days God willing. However technology will probably be vastly different by then.

trofimus

Aug 17, 2015

But the part with:
a) rose again in the flesh
b) seen by others in the flesh
c) seated next to the Father in the flesh

is a different kind of flesh than in the first part of your sentence, right? A spiritual flesh, i.e. not biological, not "fleshy" as ours.

A

Ariel82

Daily there are people on the web seeking information about God and Christ Jesus. It would be wrong to leave those seekers with the impression that bitterness and false teachings concerning the spirit of Christ.
This resource is excellent for anyone out there who has a key topic, or keyword , they'd like to pursue in matters of scripture and Christian doctrine. It also provides detailed narratives on a subject and sustains those with Biblical scripture.

Does Jesus have a physical body in heaven?

Excerpted: (Sic)"....So, we know that the Christian will have a heavenly body like Jesus’ “glorious body” (Philippians 3:21). At His incarnation Jesus took on human flesh, and at His resurrection His body was glorified—although He retained the scars (John 20:27). He will forever be the God-Man, sacrificed for us. Christ, the Creator of the universe, will forever stoop to our level, and He will be known to us in heaven in a tangible form that we can see, hear, and touch (Revelation 21:3–4; 22:4). "

I am not aware of that group that would think to teach Jesus is flesh and bone in Heaven. However, to those seekers who may happen on this forum, or this thread, beware anyone who attempts to tell you the truth of God in Christ is that which is in opposition to the word of The Word. That is false doctrine. It will not gain you Heaven. Also, look askance at those who act like the devil when defending their version of the Holy Prince of Peace, Jesus Christ.

John 1:1-14 King James Version (KJV)
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.
7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.
8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.
9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.
10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.
11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
King James Version (KJV)
Public Domain
The article you quote days this "
Later in the same chapter of Luke, Christ makes it plain to His disciples that He does have a physical body; He is not a disembodied spirit: “See my hands and my feet, that it is I myself. Touch me, and see. For a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see that I have” (Luke 24:39). After spending forty days with His disciples, Jesus ascended bodily into heaven (Acts 1:9). Jesus is still human, and He has a human body in heaven right now."

Yet your words imply that you are against teaching that Jesus had a flesh and bone body in Heaven.

Your words "I am not aware of that group that would think to teach Jesus is flesh and bone in Heaven. "

Which is it that you believe?

Jesus had a body in Heaven or is he just Spirit?

TruthTalk

Jul 17, 2017
Jesus Christ is our all in all. We do not need and add on, or a handout to complete our Christian life.
Colossians1:17
He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.​
1Timothy6:20,21
O Timothy, guard the deposit entrusted to you. Avoid the irreverent babble and contradictions of what is falsely called “knowledge,” for by professing it some have swerved from the faith. Grace be with you.
Colossians 2:8
See to it that no one takes you captive by philosophy and empty deceit, according to human tradition, according to the elemental spirits of the world, and not according to Christ.
2Timothy3:16
All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness,

God bless all of God's children!