Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Oct 31, 2015
what TT said

how you replied to him after he already reproved you for your false accusation

which makes it an intentional lie on your part
He replied to my post as being nonsense, then tried to cover his tracks with that statement.

Nice try.

benhur

Feb 8, 2018
John 16:33 - These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

1 john 5:4- For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world:
and this is the victory that overcometh the world, [even] our faith.
5 Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?

Revelation 3:21 - To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne

and this is the victory that overcometh the world, [even] our faith.

Philippians 3:9
9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith.
If you have overcome the world, then your conduct would be very similar to Jesus. Would you say that you live your life in a fashion similar to Jesus? If so, then you can tell people that you have overcome the world, as Jesus has overcome the world. I look forward to meeting you face to face.

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
Please just point out where I promoted a "works salvation" gospel in this post.

Is turning to God, by confessing Jesus as Lord, to much work for you, to receive salvation?

Jesus is the Lord who we are to turn to in submission to His rule and kingdom, when we repent.

Confessing Jesus as Lord is how we obey the Gospel, and are saved.

8 But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart” (that is, the word of faith which we preach): 9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Romans 10:8-10

• and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Believing in your heart, together with confessing with your mouth is the action of obedience working to make faith complete.

This is the response to repent, the call to turn to God in submission to His kingdom and rule as Lord.

Confessing Jesus as Lord.

. . .

JPT

HOW ABOUT YOU TAKE PERSONAL CREDIT FOR REPENTANCE AND RECEIVING JESUS AS LORD, when it is a WORK OF THE HOLY SPIRIT.

1 Corinthians 12:3 (HCSB)
3 Therefore I am informing you that no one speaking by the Spirit of God says, “Jesus is cursed,” and no one can say {confess}, “Jesus is Lord,” except by the Holy Spirit.

Romans 10:9-10 (NASB)
9 that if you confess {not just profess} with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved;
10 for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.

Hebrews 6:4 (HCSB)
4 For it is impossible to renew to repentance those who were once enlightened, who tasted the heavenly gift, became companions with the Holy Spirit,

NOTICE: They only TASTED and became companions with the Holy Spirit, where WE HAVE RECEIVED HIM IN OUR HEARTS, and HE WILL BE WITH US ALWAYS.

1 Thessalonians 1:4-5 (NASB)
4 knowing, brethren beloved by God, His choice of you;
5 for our gospel did not come to you in word only, but also in power
and in the Holy Spirit and with full conviction; just as you know what
kind of men we proved to be among you for your sake.

NO MENTION of the HOLY SPIRIT put it on your Heart to REPENT and RECEIVE JESUS AS LORD,
and you want full credit instead of giving the HOLY SPIRIT credit for working in your heart.

To me, "is how we obey the Gospel" is the definition of Works Righteousness.

TruthTalk

Jul 17, 2017
here is one of many examples of how you twist the truth

you believe
if a born again child of God sins once

he is damned unless he regains his salvation

you also believe a born again son of God stays saved THROUGH not sinning.... works.... as opposed to being kept by the power of God
Hi NoName, passinthrough's fake gospel has truth mixed with lies, like E-g say's, a fake gospel will always have some truth within all of the lies, that's why its called counterfeit.

Use caution there are land minds all around, and God bless

N

NoNameMcgee

Hi NoName, passinthrough's fake gospel has truth mixed with lies, like E-g say's, a fake gospel will always have some truth within all of the lies, that's why its called counterfeit.

Use caution there are land minds all around, and God bless

their lies have no power behind them

i believe the gospel and Christ is my foundation

my faith is secure

when i hear their ridculous statements that have no truth in them

i just will continue to shine light on the truth when God puts it on my heart

N

NoNameMcgee

You seem to have a hatred for God’s word.
says the lying bitter modern day pharisee still walking in darkness...

John 5:24 - Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life

benhur

Feb 8, 2018
what do you mean "my take"

romans 9-10 clearly align with we are saved by grace through faith... and not of works

and acts 26 paul is clearly speaking of how he went from a wicked unbeliever like the pharisees who would attack saved believers and repented from unbelief <- darkness unto the truth <- light

there is no scripture that doesnt fit into the truth

it is all inspired
So here are the good works that you must do according to Romans 9-10
1) believe in thine heart that God hath raised Jesus from the dead.
2) confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus.
3) call upon the name of Jesus.

If a man does this, he will be saved. Would you agree?

Now as far as Acts 26, this is not a lecture from Paul on grace through faith and not of works, in fact the only preaching he does is in verse 20 which he says when he came from the vision he was telling everyone to repent and turn to God, and do works meet for repentance.

Did you read in Acts 26 something about not of works? I read do works meet for repentance. Which one of us is right, and preached the truth?

TruthTalk

Jul 17, 2017
their lies have no power behind them

i believe the gospel and Christ is my foundation

my faith is secure

when i hear their ridculous statements that have no truth in them

i just will continue to shine light on the truth when God puts it on my heart
Hi NoName, yep it's true no power behind the lie's.

I just went back over my postings for one month and I could not find the lie he is accusing me of saying - why? because it is not there. passingthrough will fabricate a lie so he can continue his false gospel. He needs to repent and believe the Gospel.

Oct 31, 2015
HOW ABOUT YOU TAKE PERSONAL CREDIT FOR REPENTANCE AND RECEIVING JESUS AS LORD, when it is a WORK OF THE HOLY SPIRIT.
Of course it is by grace, but we have to repent, which is obeying the Gospel.

The Lord does not repent for us.

JPT

TruthTalk

Jul 17, 2017

John 5:24 - Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life
Hi again NoName, like I just said, here is another lie so that he can continue his fake gospel, lie upon lie upon lie. This is passingthrough's modus operandi, he needs to repent and believe the Gospel.

N

NoNameMcgee

So here are the good works that you must do according to Romans 9-10
1) believe in thine heart that God hath raised Jesus from the dead.
2) confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus.
3) call upon the name of Jesus.

If a man does this, he will be saved. Would you agree?

Now as far as Acts 26, this is not a lecture from Paul on grace through faith and not of works, in fact the only preaching he does is in verse 20 which he says when he came from the vision he was telling everyone to repent and turn to God, and do works meet for repentance.

Did you read in Acts 26 something about not of works? I read do works meet for repentance. Which one of us is right, and preached the truth?

your vision is so clouded...

from thinking born of flesh = water baptism

to not understanding

John 6:44
44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

John 14:6
6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

2 Corinthians 5:17
17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Acts 13:39
39 And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses.

3340. metanoeó
Strong's Concordance
metanoeó: to change one's mind or purpose​
Original Word: μετανοέω
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: metanoeó
Phonetic Spelling: (met-an-o-eh'-o)
Short Definition: I repent, change my mind
Definition: I repent, change my mind, change the inner man (particularly with reference to acceptance of the will of God), repent.

Ezekiel 36:26
26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

James 1:17
17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning

we arent born again by works

we dont believe by works

and repentance isnt works

genuine belief comes from hearing the truth

then we repent from unbelief BY believing

this isnt a choice

if someone hears and genuinely believes

this is an internal response to hearing the truth

you can keep taking credit for your "faith"

you can keep taking credit for "being born of flesh"

or even being born of the spirit

but ben
you would be fighting a losing battle
because it isnt founded in truth​

Oct 31, 2015
To me, "is how we obey the Gospel" is the definition of Works Righteousness.

Then you should be glad the Spirit sent me here to straighten out your confusion.

Repent is how we obey the Gospel.

This is our response to the Gospel; Repent for the kingdom of God is at hand.

Repent means to turn to God in submission to His kingdom and rule as Lord.

The way we show that we have repented, turned to God, in submission to Him, is confessing Jesus as Lord, which means we have turned away from Satan as our lord.

Word's of Christ in red -

• to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins

17 I will deliver you from the Jewish people, as well as from the Gentiles, to whom I now send you, 18 to open their eyes, in order to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who are sanctified by faith in Me.’

19 “Therefore, King Agrippa, I was not disobedient to the heavenly vision, 20 but declared first to those in Damascus and in Jerusalem, and throughout all the region of Judea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent, turn to God, and do works befitting repentance. Acts 26:17-20

• but declared first to those in Damascus and in Jerusalem, and throughout all the region of Judea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent, turn to God

JPT

N

NoNameMcgee

Hi again NoName, like I just said, here is another lie so that he can continue his fake gospel, lie upon lie upon lie. This is passingthrough's modus operandi, he needs to repent and believe the Gospel.
i aint surprised....

just showin his rotten fruit off

Oct 31, 2015

Read a little further, brother.

28 Do not marvel at this; for the hour is coming in which all who are in the graves will hear His voice 29 and come forth—those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of condemnation. John 5:28-29

• those who have done good, to the resurrection of life,

JPT

N

NoNameMcgee

28 Do not marvel at this; for the hour is coming in which all who are in the graves will hear His voice 29 and come forth—those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of condemnation. John 5:28-29

JPT

i have read every word of the bible many times, neighbor

and i reject your false interpretations

you believe you will be saved by doing good things?

that is what you place your hope in?

noooooo thank you

i dont need some self help salvation from man

my hope is in Jesus Christ.....

Oct 31, 2015

noooooo thank you

JPT

Oct 31, 2015

noooooo thank you

5 But in accordance with your hardness and your impenitent heart you are treasuring up for yourself wrath in the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God, 6 who “will render to each one according to his deeds”: 7 eternal life to those who by patient continuance in doing good seek for glory, honor, and immortality; 8 but to those who are self-seeking and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness—indignation and wrath,

God who “will render to each one according to his deeds

• eternal life to those who by patient continuance in doing good seek for glory, honor, and immortality

JPT

N

NoNameMcgee

1 cor 3

7 So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.

8 Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour.

9 For we are labourers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, ye are God's building.

10 According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.

11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;

13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.

15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

shrume

Jun 26, 2017
This thread is so uplifting...

ill post a bunch of your lies
i can back up my claims and prove you lied
all you have done is spew your toxic nonsense
examples of how you twist the truth
next ill post your most recent lie
which makes it an intentional lie on your part
You seem to have a hatred for God’s word.
says the lying bitter modern day pharisee still walking in darkness
here is another lie so that he can continue his fake gospel, lie upon lie upon lie.
just showin his rotten fruit off
(and that's just from the last two pages.)

Ps 133:
1) Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!

Oct 31, 2015
1 cor 3

7 So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.

8 Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour.

9 For we are labourers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, ye are God's building.

10 According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.

11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;

13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.

15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

• If anyone defiles the temple of God, God will destroy him

16 Do you not know that you are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you? 17 If anyone defiles the temple of God, God will destroy him. For the temple of God is holy, which temple you are. 1 Corinthians 3:16-17

JPT