Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 12, 2013
I'm not clear on what you are saying, dcon.

Do you believe as VCO, that God saves people before they believe, or do you believe people have to believe before they receive the promise of salvation?
Obviously faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word....Men must receive the gospel message, exercise faith and then confess that faith....Having said that there are many verses that testify to this process....and much to be said....

Except a man believe he cannot see, perceive and or enter the kingdom of God
No man comes unto the Son unless drawn of the Father
Many are called, but few are chosen
With the heart (mind) man believes unto righteousness and with the MOUTH confession is made unto salvation

etc.........

T

theanointedsinner

do I have to stamp my testimony here on how I got saved? or even that wouldn't help?

shrume

Jun 26, 2017
Obviously faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word....Men must receive the gospel message, exercise faith and then confess that faith....Having said that there are many verses that testify to this process....and much to be said....
I agree.

I'm pretty sure VCO believes God initiates salvation in people, that He saves them before they come to believe.

Chester

May 23, 2016
It most certainly does say that. If someone trusts and remains in that trust (abides), and grows in that trust, this is the only thing necessary. From start to finish it is all through trust. Saints don't become saints in any other way. There IS no growth in virtue except through trust. All the hard work in the world cannot accomplish any of it. Saved through trust, grow through trust, gain the virtues through trust, sins covered through trust, temporal provision through trust, receiving of the Holy Spirit through trust.
The blood of Christ brings forgiveness for every sin committed by those who believe in Him. There is no Scripture that says that someone is forgiven of a sin before they commit it! What are we doing? Going back to the Catholic system of indulgences?

TruthTalk

Jul 17, 2017
for those who are saved, any idea how to allow God to love you, and rest in his love?
To let God love me in its simplest form is to "abide in Him and He in us." biblical abiding means; to remain or continue in God's love. Follow the example of Jesus because God loves us with the same love that He loved His Son, Step number one to let God love you is believe in His Son.

Letting God love you should come pretty easy, as we were made in His image.

John3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

1John4:17
(17) Love has been perfected among us in this: that we may have boldness in the day of judgment; because as He is, so are we in this world.

John15:9
"Just as the Father has loved Me, I have also loved you; abide in My love.

T

theanointedsinner

To let God love me in its simplest form is to "abide in Him and He in us." biblical abiding means; to remain or continue in God's love. Follow the example of Jesus because God loves us with the same love that He loved His Son, Step number one to let God love you is believe in His Son.

Letting God love you should come pretty easy, as we were made in His image.

John3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

1John4:17
(17) Love has been perfected among us in this: that we may have boldness in the day of judgment; because as He is, so are we in this world.

John15:9
"Just as the Father has loved Me, I have also loved you; abide in My love.
@TruthTalk can you start a new thread on abiding in God, allowing God to love us, etc., and flesh out all the step and details, and a new thread is a good way to "move on"

TruthTalk

Jul 17, 2017
do I have to stamp my testimony here on how I got saved? or even that wouldn't help?
Nice post anointedsinner, make me and mold me after "Thy Will", just as decon said recently, Thou art the potter, we are the clay.

Oct 31, 2015
what is the Gospel?

believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved.

The word "believe" means believe, trust and commit, as well as obey.

The Gospel is - Repent for the kingdom of God is at hand.

Repent means: turn to God in submission to His kingdom and rule as Lord.

If a person is called to turn to God, then by default they are called to turn away from Satan as their Lord.

The way we obey the Gospel command to turn to God, is by confessing Jesus as our Lord, which demonstrates we no longer serve Satan as lord.

This is how we are transferred out of the kingdom [domain] of darkness, into the kingdom of God; The kingdom of His dear Son.

This is how we are forgiven of all our past sins and trespasses, and sanctified by obeying the truth.

This is the Gospel Jesus sent His apostles to preach including Paul.

Words of Christ in red -

14 And when we all had fallen to the ground, I heard a voice speaking to me and saying in the Hebrew language, ‘Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting Me? It is hard for you to kick against the goads.’ 15 So I said, ‘Who are You, Lord?’ And He said, ‘I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting. 16 But rise and stand on your feet; for I have appeared to you for this purpose, to make you a minister and a witness both of the things which you have seen and of the things which I will yet reveal to you. 17 I will deliver you from the Jewish people, as well as from the Gentiles, to whom I now send you, 18 to open their eyes, in order to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who are sanctified by faith in Me.’

19 “Therefore, King Agrippa, I was not disobedient to the heavenly vision, 20 but declared first to those in Damascus and in Jerusalem, and throughout all the region of Judea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent, turn to God, and do works befitting repentance. Acts 26:14-20

Whenever we see anything accomplished "by faith", such as justified by faith, or sanctified by faith, or saved by faith, there is always obedience involved.

That's why it's called "the obedience of faith".

But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith: Romans 16:26

• the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

It's called the obedience of faith, because faith without the action of obedience is dead: dormant, lifeless.

James explains -

Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered Isaac his son on the altar? James 2:21

Not the works of the law
Not the works that earn
Not good works

It was by the corresponding action of obedience, by which Abraham was declared to be righteous.

This is the righteousness of faith.

So by us obeying the Gospel, by confessing Jesus as our Lord, we are sanctified by faith: Saved.

We begin our journey of following our Lord.

JPT

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
I'm not clear on what you are saying, dcon.

Do you believe as VCO, that God saves people before they believe, or do you believe people have to believe before they receive the promise of salvation?

Yes, GOD predestined us, but also that we choose whom we will serve. No, it is not a dichotomy. There is no such thing as TIME as we know it with GOD. He wrote my name in the Book of Life before the earth was formed, and HE IS OMNIPRESENT, in BOTH SPACE AND TIME as we know it. Therefore HE can choose us and is Present at each Conversion (CHOOSING HIM), all at the SAME TIME as far as GOD IS CONCERNED. BUT THE HOLY SPIRIT has to be involved with our CHOOSING HIM. When you look at from our perspective from inside of TIME, it is Predestined; when you look at it from OUTSIDE OF TIME, the CREATOR OF TIME AS WE KNOW IT, it is almost at the SAME TIME the way GOD sees it. YES, I came to understand that shortly after I was Born Again.

John 15:16-17 (HCSB)
16 You did not choose Me, but I chose you. I appointed you that you should go out and produce fruit and that your fruit should remain, so that whatever you ask the Father in My name, He will give you.
17 This is what I command you: Love one another.

Isaiah 46:9-11 (HCSB)
9 Remember what happened long ago, for I am God, and there is no other; ⌊I am⌋ God, and no one is like Me.
10 I declare the end from the beginning, and from long ago what is not yet done, saying: My plan will take place, and I will do all My will.
11 I call a bird of prey from the east, a man for My purpose from a far country. Yes, I have spoken; so I will also bring it about. I have planned it; I will also do it.

2 Peter 3:8-9 (HCSB)
8 Dear friends, don’t let this one thing escape you: With the Lord one day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years like one day.
9 The Lord does not delay His promise, as some understand delay, but is patient with you, not wanting any to perish but all to come to repentance.

Revelation 17:8 (ESV)
8 The beast that you saw was, and is not, and is about to rise from the bottomless pit and go to destruction. And the dwellers on earth whose names have not been written in the book of life from the foundation of the world will marvel to see the beast, because it was and is not and is to come.

Oct 31, 2015
YOU WILL NOT BELIEVE your emphases is ON THE WRONG ADVERB.

It is NOT Obey to be SAVED.

IT IS SALVATION produces a change in the HEART (Born Again Human Spirit), who WILL WILLINGLY WANT TO OBEY.

IT IS NOT SOMETHING YOU HAVE TO DO TO BE SAVED.

IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN THOSE HE SAVED, THE PROOF IS IN THE CHANGE OF THEIR BORN AGAIN HUMAN SPIRIT, THAT LOVES TO DO WHAT PLEASES OUR LORD.

It is by obeying the Gospel, that we are saved.

What you don't seem to understand is unbelief is disobedience.

Your trying to apply a modern day definition of believe, to a biblical principle.

Disobedience is Unbelief: Same word.

Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief: Hebrews 4:6 KJV

Since therefore it remains that some must enter it, and those to whom it was first preached did not enter because of
disobedience. Hebrews 4:6 NKJV

If you believe the Gospel you obey the Gospel and Repent, turn to God by confessing Jesus as Lord.

JLB

Oct 31, 2015
One needs to believe to obey.
The remnant of Israel will be saved.
Not by obedience but by faith that leads to obedience.
You have said it is by faith we are saved and not works in the past.
But then you say after that we are saved by obedience.

So in effect you negate the faith void of works that saves us and replace it with works save us. Afterall obedience is works.

I have no issue with obedience, wanting to be like Jesus, doing good works.
Not to be saved but because I love Jesus and people.

You focus on the negative whereas I focus on the positive.
I'm focused on doing good works to and obedience so that people can see Jesus.

Not in order to be saved.
After all Jesus will reject those on judgement day who say "But I did this and did that"

Jesus never knew them.
The Pharisees thought obedience counted but Jesus shot right through that.

We obey the Gospel by repenting.

Repent means turn to God.

If a person is called to turn to God, then by default they are called to turn away from Satan as their Lord.

The way we obey the Gospel command to turn to God, is by confessing Jesus as our Lord, which demonstrates we no longer serve Satan as lord.

This is how we are transferred out of the kingdom [domain] of darkness, into the kingdom of God; The kingdom of His dear Son.

This is how we are forgiven of all our past sins and trespasses, and sanctified by obeying the truth.

This is the Gospel Jesus sent His apostles to preach including Paul.

Words of Christ in red -

14 And when we all had fallen to the ground, I heard a voice speaking to me and saying in the Hebrew language, ‘Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting Me? It is hard for you to kick against the goads.’ 15 So I said, ‘Who are You, Lord?’ And He said, ‘I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting. 16 But rise and stand on your feet; for I have appeared to you for this purpose, to make you a minister and a witness both of the things which you have seen and of the things which I will yet reveal to you. 17 I will deliver you from the Jewish people, as well as from the Gentiles, to whom I now send you, 18 to open their eyes, in order to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God,that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who are sanctified by faith in Me.’

19 “Therefore, King Agrippa, I was not disobedient to the heavenly vision, 20 but declared first to those in Damascus and in Jerusalem, and throughout all the region of Judea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent, turn to God, and do works befitting repentance. Acts 26:14-20

JPT

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
I have thought it through completely, VCO.

A lot of them, but that is not relevant. It has nothing to do with the fact that a person has to choose to believe the gospel.

Amen!

God wants EVERYONE to believe, and become saved (1 Tim 2:4). He is not willing that ANY should perish (2 Pet 3:9).

But a person has to choose to believe.

Yes, 1 John 1:9 is for saved Christians.

Those are all wonderful scripture, VCO. But not a single one of them say that God saves people first before they decide to believe.

Rom 10:9-10 is not an afterthought, or a result of already being saved. It is something people must do in order to become saved, in order to receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

If you could only see the irony, VCO... :)

I am aware that you firmly deny the existence and validity of speaking in tongues. And yet, that is exactly what 1 Cor 12:3 is talking about.

Read the verse again:

Eph 1:
13) In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

We did not have the Holy Spirit before we believed the gospel.

God saves people who choose to believe. He does not save people first.

No, you did not decide to BELIEVE without the help of the Holy Spirit. Now I know you would not want to ROB THE GLORY from HIM.

OstrichSmiling

Jun 17, 2018
The Berean Call THE WORKS-SALVATION DELUSION
June 1, 2010
McMahon, T.A.
"I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain." Galatians:2:21

Religious Tolerance
Christian concepts of salvation:
An introduction to ancient & modern beliefs
Pauline Christians formed the movement that later became the Roman Catholic church. In the first and second centuries CE, the movement emphasized the necessity of good works and baptism to attain salvation, forgiveness of sins, and heaven. For example:

Justin Martyr (110 - 165) was a Christian philosopher who lived from 110 to 165 CE. He wrote that "if men by their works show themselves worthy of His design, they are deemed worthy of reigning in company with Him."

The Nicene Creed was written and approved by 318 leaders of the early Catholic church at the First Ecumenical Council at Nicea, in 325 CE. It linked salvation to baptism: "We acknowledge one baptism for the forgiveness of sins."
I fixed the weird strike through on that second article.

OstrichSmiling

Jun 17, 2018
The blood of Christ brings forgiveness for every sin committed by those who believe in Him. There is no Scripture that says that someone is forgiven of a sin before they commit it! What are we doing? Going back to the Catholic system of indulgences?
No, it is straight out of the Bible. Hebrews 10

Colossians 1
Acts 10

There is no similarity there to RCC practice of Indulgences.

Seohce

Jul 15, 2016
Wrong not all who name the name of Jesus are brothers in Christ.
Most so called Christian Denominations push works in some form or fashion....blows my mind how they cannot see the truth of what Jesus states...the PLENTEOUS in NUMBER (MANY) that come before his throne expecting to enter the kingdom....

a. They claim to know him<--Just like the bolded above
b. They believe their right to enter is based upon the wonderful works they have done is HIS NAME <--just like the bolded above
c. The believe their prophetic utterances in his name earned the right to enter <--JUST like MANY of the bolded above
d. They believe their ability to cast out demons in his name earned the right to enter <--JUST like MANY of the bolded above

IT is the minority that teaches saved by grace through faith eternally with a 100% consistent stance that points ALL GLORY to CHRIST for his work, power, promises, faith etc.......

it is clear....NOT BY works of righteousness WHICH WE HAVE DONE, but according to his MERCY (UNDESERVED) HAS HE SAVED US <--PAST TENSE

Those who say works are required or necessary might as well get a pair of scissors and cut about 1000 verses out of their bibles...including the one I just quoted.
Most so called Christian Denominations push works in some form or fashion....blows my mind how they cannot see the truth of what Jesus states...the PLENTEOUS in NUMBER (MANY) that come before his throne expecting to enter the kingdom....

a. They claim to know him<--Just like the bolded above
b. They believe their right to enter is based upon the wonderful works they have done is HIS NAME <--just like the bolded above
c. The believe their prophetic utterances in his name earned the right to enter <--JUST like MANY of the bolded above
d. They believe their ability to cast out demons in his name earned the right to enter <--JUST like MANY of the bolded above

IT is the minority that teaches saved by grace through faith eternally with a 100% consistent stance that points ALL GLORY to CHRIST for his work, power, promises, faith etc.......

it is clear....NOT BY works of righteousness WHICH WE HAVE DONE, but according to his MERCY (UNDESERVED) HAS HE SAVED US <--PAST TENSE

Those who say works are required or necessary might as well get a pair of scissors and cut about 1000 verses out of their bibles...including the one I just quoted.
OSAS AND FAS ARE FALSE MAN MADE DOCTRINES THAT PROMOTES DISOBEDIENCE TO GOD AND REJECTS AND NULLIFIES GOD'S WORDS AND COMMANDS. (mark 7:6-13, Isaiah 5:20-24)

SO DO NOT LET ANYONE DECEIVE YOU...FOR THE WRATH OF GOD COMES ON THOSE WHO ARE DISOBEDIENT.(Ephesians 5:6)

OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST WHO IS THE SOURCE OF ETERNAL LIFE FOR THOSE WHO OBEY HIM (Hebrews 5:8-9) SAID:

Revelation 3:1-3 To the Church in Sardis “To the angel of the church in Sardis write: These are the words of him who holds the seven spirits of God and the seven stars. I know your deeds; you have a reputation of being alive, but you are dead. Wake up! Strengthen what remains and is about to die, for I HAVE NOT FOUND YOUR DEEDS COMPLETE in the sight of my God. Remember, therefore, what you have RECEIVED and HEARD ; OBEY IT and REPENT. But if you do not wake up, I will come like a thief, and you will not know at what time I will come to you.

JESUS HAVE NOT FOUND
THEIR DEEDS "COMPLETE" IN THE EYES OF GOD.

THEN HE TOLD THEM TO "OBEY" WHAT THEY RECEIVED AND HEARD AND TO REPENT.

JESUS WAS SPEAKING HERE TO ONE OF THE SEVEN CHURCHES AND WE KNOW THAT THE "CHURCH" IS THE BODY OF CHRIST WHOM HE WILL SAVE. (eph 5:23)

WHY WILL HE SAY THAT THEIR DEEDS ARE NOT COMPLETE IF WORKS ARE NOT NECESSARY FOR SALVATION AND THAT "FAITH ALONE" SAVES?

WHY WOULD JESUS COMMAND THEM TO OBEY AND REPENT IF IT
IS NO LONGER NECESSARY SINCE THEY ARE SAVED ETERNALLY? (OSAS)

IS JESUS IGNORANT OF THIS DOCTRINE OR IS IT CONTRARY TO HIS TEACHINGS AND COMMANDS AND THEREFORE ARE JUST FALSE MAN MADE DOCTRINE THAT NULLIFIES GOD'S WORDS?

JESUS AND HIS FATHER REQUIRE SOME WORKS TO BE COMPLETED AND ASKED FOR OBEDIENCE AND REPENTANCE.

Romans 8:4 in order that the righteous REQUIREMENTS of the law might be fully met in us, who do not live according to the sinful nature but according to the Spirit.

Malachi 3:14 “You have said, ‘It is futile to serve God. What did we gain by CARRYING OUT HIS REQUIREMENTS and going about like mourners before the Lord Almighty?

GOD REQUIRES OBEDIENCE AND REPENTANCE IN OUR PART OTHERWISE HIS WRATH WILL COME ON THOSE WHO ARE "DISOBEDIENT".(eph 5:6 )

Luke 6:46 “Why do you call me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ and do not do what I say?

John 14:15 “If you love me, you will obey what I command.

2 John 1:6 And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands. As you have heard from the beginning, his command is that you walk in love.

DO NOT BE DECEIVED... GOD CANNOT BE MOCKED...WE REAP WHAT WE SOW...(Galatians 6:7-10)

NOW IF FAITH ALONE SAVES AND ONCE SAVED, YOU ARE ALWAYS SAVED, DOES THIS PASSAGE BELOW CONTRADICT THESE FALSE MAN MADE DOCTRINE OR DO YOU REJECT IT OR TWIST IT TO MEAN SOMETHING ELSE THAT WOULD FIT YOUR DOCTRINE?

Matthew 24:9-14 “Then you will be handed over to be persecuted and put to death, and you will be hated by all nations because of me. At that time MANY WILL TURN AWAY FROM THE FAITH and will betray and hate each other, and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people. Because of the increase of wickedness, THE LOVE OF MOST WILL GROW COLD, but HE WHO STANDS FIRM TO THE END WILL BE SAVED . And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.

MANY WHO HAS FAITH WILL TURN AWAY FROM THEIR FAITH.
ARE THEY STILL SAVED AFTER TURNING AWAY FROM THEIR FAITH(ALONE)?

DO YOU MOCK GOD AND REJECT THESE VERSES BELOW?

Galatians 6:7-10 Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature WILL REAP DESTRUCTION; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit WILL REAP ETERNAL LIFE. Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.

James 2:26 As the body without the spirit is dead, so FAITH WITHOUT WORKS IS DEAD..

"LET GOD BE TRUE..." (Romans 3:3-4)

Seohce

Jul 15, 2016
Shrume, I know you are Bright, but you did not even think this thru.

How many of your sins were FUTURE, when HE TOOK THOSE SINS ON THE CROSS and PAID FOR THEM IN FULL?

1 John 2:1-2 (GW)
1 My dear children, I'm writing this to you so that you will not sin. Yet, if anyone does sin, we have Jesus Christ, who has God's full approval. He speaks on our behalf when we come into the presence of the Father.
2 He is the payment for our sins, and not only for our sins, but also for the sins of the whole world.

THAT'S RIGHT, the only SIN that anyone goes to Hades/Hell for is Blaspheming the Holy Spirit. The only unforgivable SIN there is. The Holy Spirit works on our hearts to Get Us To Believe, and when somebody rejects what the Holy Spirit is trying to get us to believe about CHRIST, that is the ONLY SIN THAT IS UNFORGIVABLE.

Matthew 12:31-32 (HCSB)
31 Because of this, I tell you, people will be forgiven every sin and blasphemy, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven.
32 Whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him. But whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the one to come.

So what about Confession in 1 John 1:9? That is part of the Born Again new Nature of the Human Spirit. IT IS SOME THING WE WILL DO, AFTER WE ARE SAVED, BECAUSE WE LOVE HIM.

Romans 9:31-32 (HCSB)
31 But Israel, pursuing the law for righteousness, has not achieved ⌊the righteousness⌋ of the law.
32 Why is that? Because they did not pursue it by faith, but as if it were by works. They stumbled over the stumbling stone.

Romans 5:9 (HCSB)
9 Much more then, since we have now been declared righteous by His blood, we will be saved through Him from wrath.

1 Corinthians 6:20 (HCSB)
20 for you were bought at a price {the Bride price was a Holy Blood Sacrifice}. Therefore glorify God in your body.

Hebrews 9:22 (HCSB)
22 According to the law almost everything is purified with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness.

1 Peter 1:19 (HCSB)
19 but with the precious blood of Christ, like that of a lamb without defect or blemish.

Revelation 1:5 (HCSB)
5 and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead and the ruler of the kings of the earth. To Him who loves us and has set us free from our sins by His blood,

Romans 8:27-30 (HCSB)
27 And He who searches the hearts knows the Spirit’s mind-set, because He intercedes for the saints according to the will of God.
28 We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God: those who are called according to His purpose.
29 For those He foreknew He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, so that He would be the firstborn among many brothers.
30 And those He predestined, He also called; and those He called, He also justified; and those He justified, He also glorified.

2 Timothy 1:7-9 (NJB)
7 God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but the Spirit of power and love and self-control.
8 So you are never to be ashamed of witnessing to our Lord, or ashamed of me for being his prisoner; but share in my hardships for the sake of the gospel, relying on the power of God
9 who has saved us and called us to be holy—not because of anything we ourselves had done but for his own purpose and by his own grace. This grace had already been granted to us, in Christ Jesus, before the beginning of time,

That is Check Mate.

Now the verse Rom. 10:9-10, that is the WORK OF THE HOLY SPIRIT IN US, and it is only a TRUE CONFESSION, if you proclaim what HE HAS DONE IN YOUR HEART. THEREFORE BELIEVING is a WORK of the Holy Spirit in our hearts. Otherwise it is only a Profession.

You forget this verse:

1 Corinthians 12:3 (HCSB)
3 Therefore I am informing you that no one speaking by the Spirit of God says, “Jesus is cursed,”
and no one can say, “Jesus is Lord,” except by the Holy Spirit.

The "AFTER YOU ARE SEALED" is another work of the HOLY SPIRIT. Nothing of those two things comes from my WORK, it is what the Holy Spirit does in our hearts, along with many other things.
IF YOU REALLY LOVE TO DO WHAT PLEASES THE LORD THEN PLEASE PROVE IT BY DOING WHAT JESUS TEACHES AND COMMANDS IN THE FF:

Matthew 19:16-21 The Rich Young Man Now a man came up to Jesus and asked, “Teacher, what good thing must I do to get eternal life?” “Why do you ask me about what is good?” Jesus replied. “There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, obey the commandments.” “Which ones?” the man inquired. Jesus replied, “‘Do not murder, do not commit adultery, do not steal, do not give false testimony, honor your father and mother,’ and ‘love your neighbor as yourself.’” “All these I have kept,” the young man said. “What do I still lack?” Jesus answered, “If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.”

THIS APPLIES APPLIES TO ALL "OSASERS AND ALONERS" WHO LOVES TO DO WHAT PLEASES THE LORD. I HOPE YOU CAN SHOW US SOME PROOF.

Mark 7:6-13 He replied, “Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you hypocrites; as it is written: “‘These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. They worship me in vain; their teachings are but rules taught by men.’ You have let go of the commands of God and are holding on to the traditions of men.” And he said to them: “You have a fine way of setting aside the commands of God in order to observe your own traditions! For Moses said, ‘Honor your father and your mother,’ and, ‘Anyone who curses his father or mother must be put to death.’ But you say that if a man says to his father or mother: ‘Whatever help you might otherwise have received from me is Corban’ (that is, a gift devoted to God), then you no longer let him do anything for his father or mother. Thus you nullify the word of God by your tradition that you have handed down. And you do many things like that.”

"GOD CANNOT BE MOCKED"

Isaiah 5:20-24 Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter. Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes and clever in their own sight. Woe to those who are heroes at drinking wine and champions at mixing drinks, who acquit the guilty for a bribe, but deny justice to the innocent. Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel.

TruthTalk

Jul 17, 2017