Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Seohce

Jul 15, 2016
No true Christian will ever live in sin
ĎID LUTHER, CALVIN, WESLEY, MCARTHUR AND MANY OTHER CHURCH LEADERS WHO INTRODUCED THE COLLECTION OF TITHES FROM NON-ISRAELITES BY THOSE WHO ARE NOT EVEN LEVITES, AND CREATED THE FALSE MAN MADE "OSAS" DOCTRINE, NEVER LIVED IN SIN BY DECEIVING THEIR CHURCH MEMBERS AND LIVED IN GREED AND DISOBEDIENCE TO GOD'S COMMANDS?

WILL THE LIARS AND DECEIVERS INHERIT THE KINGDOM OF GOD?

DO OSASERS NOT SAY THAT OBEDIENCE TO GOD"S LAWS AND COMMANDS HAS NO PART OR IS EVEN ESSENTIAL FOR SALVATION?

DO YOU NOT REJECT OUR LORD JESUS WHOM YOU CLAIM AS YOUR LORD BY REJECTING HIS TEACHINGS SUCH AS:

16 Just then a man came up to Jesus and asked, “Teacher, what good thing must I do to get eternal life?”

17 “Why do you ask me about what is good?”Jesus replied. “There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, keep the commandments.”

DO OSASERS KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS?

DO THEY TEACH OBEDIENCE TO GOD'S COMMANDMENTS?

18 Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations,baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with youalways, to the very end of the age.”

IS IT RIGHT TO PRACTICE AND TEACH OBEDIENCE TO GOD'S COMMANDMENTS?

17 If anyone, then, knows the good they ought to do and doesn’t do it, it is sin for them.

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
Ohh OK. YOu problem is with the words of Messiah...

Matthew 10:22, “And you will be hated by all for my name's sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved.”

Matt 24:12-13, “And because of the increase in lawlessness, the love of many shall become cold. But he who shall have endured to the end shall be saved.”

Hebrews 10:36, “For you have need of endurance, so that when you have done the will of Yah you may receive what is promised.”

Hebrews 3:14, “For we have become partakers of Messiah if we hold fast the beginning of our trust firm to the end.”

No it is your interpretation that is in question:

Matthew 10:22 (HCSB)
22 You will be hated by everyone because of My name. But the one who endures to the end will be delivered.

Matthew 24:13 (HCSB)
13 But the one who endures to the end will be delivered.

That GREEK word HAS several meanings besides SAVED, and Because of Eph. 2:8-9, is CLEARLY PAST TENSE, it has to be one of the other MEANINGS. Delivered, I believe is the CORRECT MEANING.

Ephesians 2:8-9 (HCSB)
8 For you are saved by grace through faith, and this is not from yourselves; it is God's gift
9 not from works, so that no one can boast.

SALVATION is NOT A PROMISE, NOR IS IT A REWARD.

HEAR IS WHAT HE PROMISED:

Luke 6:23 (HCSB)
23 “Rejoice in that day and leap for joy! Take note—your reward is great in heaven, for this is the way their ancestors used to treat the prophets.

Luke 6:35 (HCSB)
35 But love your enemies, do what is good, and lend, expecting nothing in return. Then your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High. For He is gracious to the ungrateful and evil.

Revelation 22:12 (HCSB)
12 “Look! I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me to repay each person according to what he has done.

Like I just said: SALVATION IS NOT A PROMISE, OR A REWARD. The promises and rewards are certainly laurel wreath Crowns, maybe even GOLD. IT SAYS SO, the Elders have GOLDEN CROWNS, so ours may be also. The Crown of the WINNING Athletes at the games Paul certainly attended.

Some may have large crowns,

Others may have small crowns, depending on their works.

1 Corinthians 9:24-27 (HCSB)
24 Don’t you know that the runners in a stadium all race, but only one receives the prize? Run in such a way to win the prize.
25 Now everyone who competes exercises self-control in everything. However, they do it to receive a crown that will fade away, but we a crown that will never fade away.
26 Therefore I do not run like one who runs aimlessly or box like one beating the air.
27 Instead, I discipline my body and bring it under strict control, so that after preaching to others, I myself will not be disqualified.

SALVATION IS A FREE GIFT.

What part of FREE do you not understand?

Ephesians 2:8-9 (NLT2)
8 God saved you by his grace when you believed. And you can’t take credit for this; it is a gift from God.
9 Salvation is not a reward for the good things we have done, so none of us can boast about it.

Acts 15:11 (TLB)
11 Don’t you believe that all are saved the same way, by the free gift of the Lord Jesus?"

LOVELYN

Aug 7, 2018
Jesus said the only thing to be saved was to believe in him. Nothing more and nothing less.

He said the Holy Spirit would come to convict the world of its sin.
That sin being unbelief in him.

John 3:16-17
16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. 17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.
As a result we will want to be like him, walk with him.
And what do you do after conviction? You stay away from continue in sin. You learn, you grow, you gain strength in HIS WORD to observe it better in future. People who loves HIS WORD will hold closely to his teachings by the HOLY SPIRIT in them.
However, people whom do rejoicely and shamelessly continue in sin has either deny the voice of the HOLY SPIRIT or are not rooted in HIS WORD. This is the reason why teaching HIS ways is important. Being more understand in HIS WORDS will help us better in the walk with HIM. For the HOLY SPIRIT is there, but the doubtful and undisciplined mind can get in the way, so it is important to study HIS WORD of the right things to do too. For tilthing, do it only to the right churches, not one that use the funds wrongly. Also, helping someone in need outside of church building, that is moved by the HOLY SPIRIT in you is considered a direct tilth to Heavenly Father too. Yes, no one should be forced or pressured to tilth, for Heavenly Father prefer people to do so with a cheerful heart.

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
And what do you do after conviction? You stay away from continue in sin. You learn, you grow, you gain strength in HIS WORD to observe it better in future. People who loves HIS WORD will hold closely to his teachings by the HOLY SPIRIT in them.
However, people whom do rejoicely and shamelessly continue in sin has either deny the voice of the HOLY SPIRIT or are not rooted in HIS WORD. This is the reason why teaching HIS ways is important. Being more understand in HIS WORDS will help us better in the walk with HIM. For the HOLY SPIRIT is there, but the doubtful and undisciplined mind can get in the way, so it is important to study HIS WORD of the right things to do too. For tilthing, do it only to the right churches, not one that use the funds wrongly. Also, helping someone in need outside of church building, that is moved by the HOLY SPIRIT in you is considered a direct tilth to Heavenly Father too. Yes, no one should be forced or pressured to tilth, for Heavenly Father prefer people to do so with a cheerful heart.
Where did I say we did not do anything after accepting Jesus?

As I said

As a result we will want to be like him, walk with him.

E

eternally-gratefull

Agree, We should not sit still, we need to learn and grow. But also realise people grow in different ways and some grow faster than others.

Putting people under legalistic burdens saying God is going to remove his salvation from them if they do not grow a certain way, or stop with their struggles is not going to helt, It will cause them to walk away because it is to great a mission and they can;t handle it (which is true, we can not handle it) or start to hide their struggles hoping no one will see them, and eventually lie to themselves and never find victory. and become religious when it comes to God, and not relational.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
Agree, We should not sit still, we need to learn and grow. But also realise people grow in different ways and some grow faster than others.

Putting people under legalistic burdens saying God is going to remove his salvation from them if they do not grow a certain way, or stop with their struggles is not going to helt, It will cause them to walk away because it is to great a mission and they can;t handle it (which is true, we can not handle it) or start to hide their struggles hoping no one will see them, and eventually lie to themselves and never find victory. and become religious when it comes to God, and not relational.
Amen! If we are truly born of God, then we will grow in the Lord (some faster than others) and we will produce fruit (some more than others). Obedience is not forced or legalistic for those who are born of God, yet there are those who are "religious, but not right with God" who teach otherwise and continually excuse and accuse.

E

eternally-gratefull

Amen! If we are truly born of God, then we will grow in the Lord (some faster than others) and we will produce fruit (some more than others). Obedience is not forced or legalistic for those who are born of God, yet there are those who are "religious, but not right with God" who teach otherwise and continually excuse and accuse.
God wants to be our Father, not our dictator. Although her has every right to be both, He chose to be the Abba, and said we should not be afraid to come, but come in peace knowing he loves us,, This gives us power to admit confess and grow.

Legalism leads to self righteousness, and a lie..

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
God wants to be our Father, not our dictator. Although her has every right to be both, He chose to be the Abba, and said we should not be afraid to come, but come in peace knowing he loves us,, This gives us power to admit confess and grow.

Amen! Well said brother! 2 Timothy 1:7 - "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." God has supernaturally endowed believers with His power by the Holy Spirit that dwells in each of us. :)

E

eternally-gratefull

Amen! Well said brother! 2 Timothy 1:7 - "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." God has supernaturally endowed believers with His power by the Holy Spirit that dwells in each of us. :)
Amen, As he also said,

Romans 8:15
For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, Abba, Father.”

Yet people want to put themselves under bondage and call it christian.. It boggles my mind why..

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Soo, I was at Walmart this morning, and while waiting for the bus to come, I read our local The Bridge newspaper. Inside I found this handwritten insert:

"HEY YOU"! The bible.. YOU BETTER BELIEVE IT!! Jesus Christ said: "Truly, truly I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life and does not come into judgement but has passed from death to life. (John 5:24)

"MY WORD" is the Bible. "Him" is God the Father. You got something better?? The bible says "you are without excuse". (Romans 1:20)

Bibles are FREE!! Get one ASAP, open to the New Testament and read the Gospel of John. See what you're missing. It's later than you think!!

I thought that was pretty cool, that someone would do that and put it into a newspaper stand for someone to find. :) I checked other copies of The Bridge, and the one I was reading, was the only one that had this note in it.. Just wanted to share with y'all. :) Tonight, my bible reading will be in the Gospel of John. (y)

E

eternally-gratefull

Soo, I was at Walmart this morning, and while waiting for the bus to come, I read our local The Bridge newspaper. Inside I found this handwritten insert:

"HEY YOU"! The bible.. YOU BETTER BELIEVE IT!! Jesus Christ said: "Truly, truly I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life and does not come into judgement but has passed from death to life. (John 5:24)

"MY WORD" is the Bible. "Him" is God the Father. You got something better?? The bible says "you are without excuse". (Romans 1:20)

Bibles are FREE!! Get one ASAP, open to the New Testament and read the Gospel of John. See what you're missing. It's later than you think!!

I thought that was pretty cool, that someone would do that and put it into a newspaper stand for someone to find. :) I checked other copies of The Bridge, and the one I was reading, was the only one that had this note in it.. Just wanted to share with y'all. :) Tonight, my bible reading will be in the Gospel of John. (y)
We are studying the gospel of John now.. I think one of my favorite books!

star

Nov 8, 2017
North Carolina

God's greatest desire is a complete and total relationship and fellowship with us, His Creation.

U

UnderGrace

Amen!!!

This is so true. This thread is evidence that legalism in all its various guises is rampant. So sad the burdens that are laid upon people by false teachers.

Embankment

Feb 28, 2017
Amen!!!

This is so true. This thread is evidence that legalism in all its various guises is rampant. So sad the burdens that are laid upon people by false teachers.
There are so many prideful people who want others to be under the same bondage they live under. God has been fighting that battle for 2000 years and I guess will until Jesus return.
It’s pretty sad.

U

UnderGrace

There are so many prideful people who want others to be under the same bondage they live under. God has been fighting that battle for 2000 years and I guess will until Jesus return.
It’s pretty sad.
They do want the same bondage for others, misery loves company (as the rightly say ;)) they hate the victory and freedom in Christ we proclaim.

benhur

Feb 8, 2018
Christ saves us through faith based on the merits of His finished work of redemption alone and not based on the merits of our works (Romans 3:22-28).
The merits of our works will never save us in the KOG. Only the merits of Jesus' works will save us.

However, if Jesus tells us to do something, we better do it, right?

benhur

Feb 8, 2018
They do want the same bondage for others, misery loves company (as the rightly say ;)) they hate the victory and freedom in Christ we proclaim.
I am a Christian and believe in the victory and freedom of Christ as much as you do. It is not misery to live like Jesus tells us to live. If it is for you, you really have not been saved.

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
God's greatest desire is a complete and total relationship and fellowship with us, His Creation.
We know God is love.
We know God created man in his own image.

2+2 = 4

4 = relationship

Romans 8:15-17 (NKJV)
15 For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, “Abba, Father.” 16 The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, 17 and if children, then heirs—heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him, that we may also be glorified together.

Jesus did not die on the cross in order to leave us a load of commands we need to keep in order to be loved and saved.

He died on the cross because he loved us so that through him via faith we are saved and reconciled to the Father.

ABBA FATHER.
He seeks relationship with us.
As grow on that we will do everything to please him, because he AGAPE'S us and we want to do the same.

We want to be like him to those around us as he has asked us to be.

We do this out of love for our Father and those he puts on our way.

If we do things to be loved our be saved that is not relationship.

It's robotic.

Our Father wants kids

TruthTalk

Jul 17, 2017
God wants to be our Father, not our dictator. Although her has every right to be both, Legalism leads to self righteousness, and a lie..
Hi E-g, thank you for these words, legalism robs us of the joy of our salvation. Let us not go backwards into law instead of freedom, Christ set us free from the law. The letter of the law kills but the Spirit gives life;

Luke 11:42
“Woe to you Pharisees, because you give God a tenth of your mint, rue and all other kinds of garden herbs, but you neglect justice and the love of God. You should have practiced the latter without leaving the former undone.​

God bless!