Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

TruthTalk

Jul 17, 2017
Can I ask a question given the above?

Are the savage wolves as mentioned above the same as those who are doctrinally inerrant?

I have always thought the savage wolves etc were/are preaching what they do on order to gain personally or to willfully lead people away from the true gospel.

Whereas I do not think those who are doctrinally innerant are out for personal gain or to genuinely lead people astray.

Such people I consider that the works, building on the salvation given through Jesus will be burned up.

So I have much confusion here.

I know I'm a bit of a soft touch but there are times when I know when to say enough, but that's not often.

Any input would be helpful to me.
I always see hope and the best.

Ta
Hi BillG, the term, "huckster", has been used to describe a preacher who is in it for personal gain.

A wolf in sheep's clothing is in it; "to draw away the disciples after themselves." (Acts20:30). And also just to lead people astray, even the elect if possible.

Discernment is a gift of the Holy Spirit. The bible says we should test the spirits whether they be of God. Discernment is a gift that is better "caught that taught." You can also search the internet to define what a wolf in sheep's clothing is.

I hope this will help you a little towards defining, what is a wolf in sheep's clothing.

God bless!

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
Hi BillG, the term, "huckster", has been used to describe a preacher who is in it for personal gain.

A wolf in sheep's clothing is in it; "to draw away the disciples after themselves." (Acts20:30). And also just to lead people astray, even the elect if possible.

Discernment is a gift of the Holy Spirit. The bible says we should test the spirits whether they be of God. Discernment is a gift that is better "caught that taught." You can also search the internet to define what a wolf in sheep's clothing is.

I hope this will help you a little towards defining, what is a wolf in sheep's clothing.

God bless!
Here is my understanding, so YOU and BillG are BOTH right. Yes Huckster can be used to describe a wolf. Yes, they are those with a false gospel, trying to draw disciples unto to their way of thinking. Were does it come from? In Bible Times a Shepherd always wore clothing made from HIS SHEEP. So a Wolf is a Pastor that always goes after the LAMBS with his FINE SOUNDING WORDS, trying to lead them astray. He almost NEVER goes after the Atheist or Mature Christian that is Grounded in the WORD. He goes after the weakling in the flock, who do not know their Bible very well. Much the same as the Mormons and the Jehovah Witnesses do. ONLY THESE FALSE TEACHERS ARE IN THE CHURCH, and on TV. And are much harder to recognize them as FALSE TEACHERS. We who are MATURE in the FAITH, need to be like RAMS that help protect the Flock from the WOLVES.

Matthew 7:15-16 (HCSB)
15 “Beware of false prophets who come to you in sheep’s clothing but inwardly are ravaging wolves.
16 You’ll recognize them by their fruit. Are grapes gathered from thornbushes or figs from thistles?

Acts 20:28-31 (HCSB)
28 Be on guard for yourselves and for all the flock that the Holy Spirit has appointed you to as overseers, to shepherd the church of God, which He purchased with His own blood.
29 I know that after my departure savage wolves will come in among you, not sparing the flock.
30 And men will rise up from your own number with deviant doctrines to lure the disciples into following them.
31 Therefore be on the alert, remembering that night and day for three years I did not stop warning each one of you with tears.

2 Esdras 5:18 (NRSV)
18 Rise therefore and eat some bread, and do not forsake us, like a shepherd who leaves the flock in the power of savage wolves."

2 Corinthians 2:17 (NCV)
17 We do not sell the word of God for a profit as many other people do. But in Christ we speak the truth before God, as messengers of God.

2 Corinthians 2:17 (NLT2)
17 You see, we are not like the many hucksters who preach for personal profit. We preach the word of God with sincerity and with Christ’s authority, knowing that God is watching us.

REMEMBER THAT CHRIST SAYS YOU WILL KNOW THEM BY THEIR FRUITS. Here are the some of the BAD FRUIT YOU CAN RECOGNIZE THEM BY:

2 Timothy 3:1-8 (CSBBible)
1 But know this: Hard times will come in the last days.
2 For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, boastful, proud, demeaning, disobedient to parents, ungrateful, unholy,
3 unloving, irreconcilable, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, without love for what is good,
4 traitors, reckless, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God,
5 holding to the form of godliness but denying its power. Avoid these people.
6 For among them are those who worm their way into households and deceive gullible women overwhelmed by sins and led astray by a variety of passions,
7 always learning and never able to come to a knowledge of the truth.
8 Just as Jannes and Jambres resisted Moses, so these also resist the truth. They are men who are corrupt in mind and worthless in regard to the faith.

Colossians 2:4 (NIV)
4 I tell you this so that no one may deceive you by fine-sounding arguments.

They say GOD WANTS YOU RICH.

BUT GOD SAYS:

1 Timothy 6:8-12 (GW)
8 As long as we have food and clothes, we should be satisfied.
9 But people who want to get rich keep falling into temptation. They are trapped by many stupid and harmful desires which drown them in destruction and ruin.
10 Certainly, the love of money is the root of all kinds of evil. Some people who have set their hearts on getting rich have wandered away from the Christian faith and have caused themselves a lot of grief. {.🖜 THERE IS SATAN"S MOTIVE IN ALL OF THIS.}
11 But you, man of God, must avoid these things. Pursue what God approves of: a godly life, faith, love, endurance, and gentleness.
12 Fight the good fight for the Christian faith. Take hold of everlasting life to which you were called and about which you made a good testimony in front of many witnesses.

So, Prosperity Theology, in my opinion are ALL WOLVES IN SHEEP'S CLOTHING, and so are those who Preach Works Righteousness, and every Kind of FALSE DOCTRINE and especially FALSE GOSPEL TEACHERS.

Dec 12, 2013
I wonder if the workers for have done enough works today to earn, keep or top off salvation....?

NOPE....never have nor will they ever be able to....

It pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that BELIEVE!

He that believes on the SON is having everlasting LIFE.......

LW97

Apr 10, 2018
A true Christian can and should live sinless perfect!

LW97

Apr 10, 2018
I wonder if the workers for have done enough works today to earn, keep or top off salvation....?

NOPE....never have nor will they ever be able to....

It pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that BELIEVE!

He that believes on the SON is having everlasting LIFE.......
amen

Studyman

Oct 11, 2017
and what is righteousness ? the Sermon on the Mount. that is the Christian's instruction on how to be the servant God wants. not the Torah, nothing in the greek about the Torah is tied to it.
171 My lips shall utter praise, when thou hast taught me thy statutes.
172 My tongue shall speak of thy word: for all thy commandments are righteousness.
173 Let thine hand help me; for I have chosen thy precepts

Acts 24:14 But this I confess unto thee, that after the way which they call heresy, so worship I the God of my fathers, believing all things which are written in the law and in the prophets:

1 Cor. 7:19 Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing, but the keeping of the commandments of God.

Matt. 5:
17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

I can choose what you preach righteousness is or I can rely on the Word's inspired by my Savior. I choose Life.

U

UnderGrace

Why does the flesh, Satan and the world suddenly disappear?

If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. 1 John 1:8

Studyman

Oct 11, 2017
Your opening statement was what it made sound like you were trying to mix both sides of the debate together:

"no one is saying that obedience is not a part of salvation. of course it is."

Obedience is NOT Part of SALVATION. He gave us SALVATION, and NOT part of that; is GOD instructed the Holy Spirit to pour HIS LOVE directly into our hearts. Obedience is PART OF GOD's LOVE, and like the SEED that was planted, it Produced the like-minded LOVE in our Hearts. IT IS NOT PART OF SALVATION, but a separate Blessing from GOD. We were SAVED while we were enemies, AND THEN HE PLANTED HIS LOVE IN OUR HEARTS, when the Holy Spirit came in.
So then isn't "creating images of God" in the likeness of some long haired men's hair shampoo model in direct disobedience to God?

Isn't polluting His Holy Sabbath that He created for man in direct disobedience to God?

Are we not forbidden to create are own "Feasts unto the Lord" as if The Feasts of the Christ are not good enough for us?

Was Peter inspired by Jesus to preach the following?

Acts 5:32 And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.

Didn't Jesus say to those enemies of God "3 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish."

Wasn't Eve also convinced that "OBEDIENCE IS NOT PART OF SALVATION".

What if Jesus is right? What if He is right and it is religious man and the Pope and Jack Van Impe that are wrong.

Matt. 19:17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

Can you imagine the conversation religious folks who were convinced that "obedience isn't part of our salvation" would be like in that day?

We don't have to imagine, Jesus gives us the perfect example.

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

So how can a man know if they are deceived by a religion who "Comes in His Name" or if they are on the narrow path few enter?

1 John 2:
3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
5 But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.
6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

God's Salvation was there from the foundation of the world. Before I was even born His Salvation was there. Before I knew of Him His salvation was there. While I was yet an enemy of God, His Salvation was there.

But though His Salvation is there, not everyone get's it. At least according to the Jesus of the Bible. I must "DO" something first. That is the Commandment. Those who preach obedience to this Commandment is not part of the Salvation of God, have been deceived as Eve was deceived into believing she could reject God's instruction and rely on her own vision to "enter God's Garden".

I would get away from any religion which teaches salvation of God without obedience to God.

As Paul says.

13 (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.

Eph. 2:
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of (mans) works, lest any man should boast.
10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Creating images of God, created High Days, teaching falsehoods about God's Word. these were not "good works" God created beforehand that we should walk in them.

LW97

Apr 10, 2018
Why does the flesh, Satan and the world suddenly disappear?

If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. 1 John 1:8
That verse is missunderstood. Read the next verse, there it says if we confess our sins he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from ALL unrighteousness. If he cleansed us, then we no longer have present tense sin. So we are liars if we claim that we have never sinned and were not in need of Christ.

LW97

Apr 10, 2018
So then isn't "creating images of God" in the likeness of some long haired men's hair shampoo model in direct disobedience to God?

Isn't polluting His Holy Sabbath that He created for man in direct disobedience to God?

Are we not forbidden to create are own "Feasts unto the Lord" as if The Feasts of the Christ are not good enough for us?

Was Peter inspired by Jesus to preach the following?

Acts 5:32 And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.

Didn't Jesus say to those enemies of God "3 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish."

Wasn't Eve also convinced that "OBEDIENCE IS NOT PART OF SALVATION".

What if Jesus is right? What if He is right and it is religious man and the Pope and Jack Van Impe that are wrong.

Matt. 19:17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

Can you imagine the conversation religious folks who were convinced that "obedience isn't part of our salvation" would be like in that day?

We don't have to imagine, Jesus gives us the perfect example.

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

So how can a man know if they are deceived by a religion who "Comes in His Name" or if they are on the narrow path few enter?

1 John 2:
3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
5 But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.
6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

God's Salvation was there from the foundation of the world. Before I was even born His Salvation was there. Before I knew of Him His salvation was there. While I was yet an enemy of God, His Salvation was there.

But though His Salvation is there, not everyone get's it. At least according to the Jesus of the Bible. I must "DO" something first. That is the Commandment. Those who preach obedience to this Commandment is not part of the Salvation of God, have been deceived as Eve was deceived into believing she could reject God's instruction and rely on her own vision to "enter God's Garden".

I would get away from any religion which teaches salvation of God without obedience to God.

As Paul says.

13 (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.

Eph. 2:
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of (mans) works, lest any man should boast.
10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Creating images of God, created High Days, teaching falsehoods about God's Word. these were not "good works" God created beforehand that we should walk in them.
About the Sabbath Day, read Colossians 2.

U

UnderGrace

That verse is missunderstood. Read the next verse, there it says if we confess our sins he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from ALL unrighteousness. If he cleansed us, then we no longer have present tense sin. So we are liars if we claim that we have never sinned and were not in need of Christ.
Yes I would agree, however your idea (if that is what you stating) that we are perfecting or can perfect the flesh is not going to happen.

U

UnderGrace

What about Job 1:1 and Luke 1:6?
This does not mean they were sinless. It states what their righteousness was based on following the decrees and commandments.

Are you following some Catholic doctrine that Mary was sinless. Only Jesus was sinless.

Romans makes it clear all men have sinned, including Mary.

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
What about Job 1:1 and Luke 1:6?
So you think you are perfect like Zacharias, or his wife Elisabeth. Think yourself upright like Job. I got news for you: even they were not perfect. They warred with their flesh just like any other human. They may have been blameless in appearance, but they had flesh just as we do.

Rom. 3:10 "As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:"

You had better get humble and start doing all you know to please God. Without Christ's blood covering us, our righteousness is as filthy rags.

in-deep-thought-smiley-emoticon.gif

Shamah

Jan 6, 2018
Colossians 2:20, “If, then, you died with Messiah from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, do you subject yourselves to it’s ordinances.”

Are the Sabbath (7th day) and the Feast days ordinances of the world or are they from YHWH?

Genesis 2:1-3, “Thus the heavens and the earth were completed, and all their array. And in the seventh day the Mighty One completed His work which He had done, and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had made. And the Mighty One blessed the seventh day and set it apart, because on it He rested from all His work which the Mighty One in creating had made.”

Leviticus 23:4, “These are the appointed times of יהוה, set-apart gatherings which you are to proclaim at their appointed times.”

Colossians 2:8, “See to it that no one makes a prey of you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the elementary matters of the world, and not according to Messiah.”

ALl the Feast days are 100% about the Messiah and His works and Lamb and Lion....

Fulfilled already- To be fulfilled in the future

1. Passover/First-fruits – Yahshua's Sacrifice(Passover), burial and resurrection (First Fruits – presenting Himself to YHWH)
2. Feast of Unleavened Bread – Removal of sin by Yahshua's perfect work as the Passover Sacrifice
3. Feast of Weeks – The blessing Holy Spirit of YHWH, coming into our lives stronger than ever

4. Feast of Trumpets – Yahshua's return and gathering of the Saints
5. Day of Atonement – Yahshua leads the army of YHWH to destroy evil rulers of this world and satan is chained for 1,000 years
6. Feast of Tabernacles – Yahshua dwells on earth for 1,000 years teaching truth and righteousness
7. The Last Great Day – satan is loosed and swiftly destroyed, the Kingdom of YHWH reigns forever

SO DO THESE DAYS POINT TO OR AWAY FROM MESSIAH?

Colossians 2:8, “See to it that no one makes a prey of you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the elementary matters of the world, and not according to Messiah.”

yet people make their own way...how about christmas and easter?

Psalms 74:4, “Your adversaries have roared In the midst of Your appointments; They have set up their own signs as signs.”

Deuteronomy 12:29-32, “When YHWH your Father cuts off the nations from in front of you, and you displace them and live in their land, Be careful not to be ensnared into following them by asking about their gods (elohim), saying: How did these nations serve their gods? I also will do the same. You must not worship YHWH your Father in their way, for every abomination to YHWH, which He hates, they have done to their gods . They even burn their sons and daughters in the fire as sacrifices to their gods. Whatsoever I command you, be careful to observe and do it, you shall not add to it, nor take away from it.”

Studyman

Oct 11, 2017
I love Col. 2. But I don't prescribe to the preaching on this forum that this chapter negates the entire Bible and the Word's of the Christ Himself.

Paul says to:

Col. 2:
6 As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him:
7 Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving.

8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.
9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

Many, who come in Christ's name, would have me believe God's Commandments, Sabbaths and other instructions He gave, as the Word which became Flesh, are "Rudiments of the World and tradition of men.

I don't believe the scriptures support this belief, and Paul certainly didn't.

Acts 24:14 But this I confess unto thee, that after the way which they call heresy, so worship I the God of my fathers, believing all things which are written in the law and in the prophets:

Is. 56:
6 Also the sons of the stranger, that join themselves to the LORD, to serve him, and to love the name of the LORD, to be his servants, every one that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and taketh hold of my covenant;
7 Even them will I bring to my holy mountain, and make them joyful in my house of prayer: their burnt offerings and their sacrifices shall be accepted upon mine altar; for mine house shall be called an house of prayer for all people.

But I also know there will be many who come in Christ's name, who will refuse God's instruction as did Eve, and follow their own mind.

Jer. 6:16 Thus saith the LORD,(Word which became Flesh) Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls.

But they said, We will not walk therein.

Jesus said His Sabbath was "Made for man", not against man as "many" on this forum preach Col 2 says. So given I have been warned that "many", who come in Christ's name, will refuse to "walk" in the Path the Christ created that we should walk in them, I am prepared for these kinds of doctrines, and am sharing them with you all in love of the Brethren.

Since it was the Word which became Flesh that created His Sabbaths, and since He said they were HIS Feasts, and not traditions of men or rudiments of the world, I am given comfort by Paul in Col. 2 regarding following His Path He created as opposed to following the religious traditions of men.

Col. 2:
16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body (is) of Christ.

Christmas, Good Friday, fish on Friday, Venerable day of the Sun, images of God in the likeness of man, etc., these are "shadows" of nothing, they are "vain deceit" preserved by the "philosophy of man", not of the Christ, or the Body of Christ.

But Passover, Feast of Unleavened bread, Feast of Atonement etc., are Shadows of future events and are created by the Holy One to keep us in mind of the Salvation of God. This is why Jesus and Paul walked in the same Path.

We should not let religious men, who reject many of His Sayings, draw us away from His Path.

18 Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshipping of angels, intruding into those things which he hath not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind,
19 And not holding the Head, from which all the body by joints and bands having nourishment ministered, and knit together, increaseth with the increase of God.

So in the words of brother Paul:

Rom. 12:
1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

And we have the promise of the Christ.

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me

John 14:21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

This is why Abraham and Zechariahs knew Jesus when He came to them, but the Mainstream Preachers of their time did not.

TruthTalk

Jul 17, 2017
The Apostle Paul said, it is no longer himself who does it, "but sin living in him." and he tells us he has a "sin nature." Sinless perfection as you state cannot be achieved this side of heaven.

And what do you mean by, "should live sinless perfect."

Romans7:17
17As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. 18For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature.

Romans7:25
25Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!
So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God’s law, but in my sinful natured a slave to the law of sin.

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
I love Col. 2. But I don't prescribe to the preaching on this forum that this chapter negates the entire Bible and the Word's of the Christ Himself.

Paul says to:

Col. 2:
6 As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him:
7 Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving.

8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.
9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

Many, who come in Christ's name, would have me believe God's Commandments, Sabbaths and other instructions He gave, as the Word which became Flesh, are "Rudiments of the World and tradition of men.

I don't believe the scriptures support this belief, and Paul certainly didn't.

Is. 56:
6 Also the sons of the stranger, that join themselves to the LORD, to serve him, and to love the name of the LORD, to be his servants, every one that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and taketh hold of my covenant;
7 Even them will I bring to my holy mountain, and make them joyful in my house of prayer: their burnt offerings and their sacrifices shall be accepted upon mine altar; for mine house shall be called an house of prayer for all people.

But I also know there will be many who come in Christ's name, who will refuse God's instruction as did Eve, and follow their own mind.

Jer. 6:16 Thus saith the LORD,(Word which became Flesh) Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls.

But they said, We will not walk therein.

Jesus said His Sabbath was "Made for man", not against man as "many" on this forum preach Col 2 says. So given I have been warned that "many", who come in Christ's name, will refuse to "walk" in the Path the Christ created that we should walk in them, I am prepared for these kinds of doctrines, and am sharing them with you all in love of the Brethren.

Since it was the Word which became Flesh that created His Sabbaths, and since He said they were HIS Feasts, and not traditions of men or rudiments of the world, I am given comfort by Paul in Col. 2 regarding following His Path He created as opposed to following the religious traditions of men.

Col. 2:
16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body (is) of Christ.

Christmas, Good Friday, fish on Friday, Venerable day of the Sun, images of God in the likeness of man, etc., these are "shadows" of nothing, they are "vain deceit" preserved by the "philosophy of man", not of the Christ, or the Body of Christ.

But Passover, Feast of Unleavened bread, Feast of Atonement etc., are Shadows of future events and are created by the Holy One to keep us in mind of the Salvation of God. This is why Jesus and Paul walked in the same Path.

We should not let religious men, who reject many of His Sayings, draw us away from His Path.

18 Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshipping of angels, intruding into those things which he hath not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind,
19 And not holding the Head, from which all the body by joints and bands having nourishment ministered, and knit together, increaseth with the increase of God.

So in the words of brother Paul:

Rom. 12:
1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

And we have the promise of the Christ.

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me

John 14:21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

This is why Abraham and Zechariahs knew Jesus when He came to them, but the Mainstream Preachers of their time did not.
just so all you who are not used to interacting with studyman, here are some of his beliefs- the Pharisees are devil worshipers, the thief on the cross already knew and accepted Christ, Acts 15 puts the gentiles under the law, and all translations are corrupted , except the one he uses, but does not share this with all us who have been deceived by catholic traditions.

Cee

May 14, 2010
I find it interesting that even Apostle Peter didn’t live like a Jew according to Paul.

Gal 2:14 But when I saw that they are not walking in line according to the truth of the gospel, I said to Peter before all, "If you being a Jew live like a Gentile, and not like a Jew, why do you compel the Gentiles to Judaize?

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
Galatians 2:14-16 (NKJV)

14 But when I saw that they were not straightforward about the truth of the gospel, I said to Peter before them all, “If you, being a Jew, live in the manner of Gentiles and not as the Jews, why do you compel Gentiles to live as Jews? 15 We who are Jews by nature, and not sinners of the Gentiles, 16 knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law but by faith in Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we might be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law; for by the works of the law no flesh shall be justified.