Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 12, 2013
Don't worry about, I have been called by tongues believers, just about every name in the book. If it is NOT done exactly as the Disciples did it, I am convinced it is a counterfeit. Here is a Video Exposing the Charismatic Awakening as Idenitcal to the Kundalini Awakening in Hinduism. This video is was made by a CHARISMATIC PENTECOSTAL, WHO has seen Charismatics falling for the Kudalini Awakenening IN HUNDREDS if not THOUSANDS OF CHURCHES accepting it as what the Disciples did. My Sister-inlaw was all messed up in one of these churches mention in this film, and she finally got out of it, THANK GOD. But at the time, she absolutely thought of it as HOLY SPIRIT, and it was NOT.

If you are type that GETS MAD, about honest criticisms by Charismatic Pentecostal worried about false teachers taking over the Church, you may not want to watch this Video, but if you do, TAKE IT VERY SERIOUS. I know someone will want to cast LOTS of stones at me, for sharing this with you all, so DUCK. Please I once again am off subject, but this is Extremely Important, signs of the times, sorry for the inconvenience.

All I know is CEASE does not mean to continue..................and the only church that had an issue was a spiritually immature church with some 16 OTHER errors.......

Dec 12, 2013
I will never forget when my friend (who previously attended an Assemblies of God church) went to a Bible study at his Pastor's house once a week and sometimes the Pastor would speak in tongues during their Bible study. My friend worked with a woman who was Baptist that was terrified of being around people who spoke in tongues, yet my friend convinced her to come to the Bible study to see for herself that she has nothing to fear. When his lady friend showed up at the Bible study, as soon as she walked in the door, the Pastor began speaking in tongues very loudly with his hands high in the air, then he fell backwards to the floor! My friend said that even he was freaked out by the incident and when he turned around, his lady friend was running for the hills! :eek:
I worked with one and he was always dancing like a fool around his milling machine waving his arms in the air.....one day at break he was boasting about a "church service" where they "GOT so BESIDES themselves" that the preacher forget to preach the word of God....I chimed in....well you obviously did not worship God then....and he got all puffed up and said what do you mean we did not worship God then....and I said......

God is Spirit, and they that worship him MUST worship him IN SPIRIT and IN TRUTH......the preaching of the WORD of GOD is the WORSHIP of GOD and if you got SO BESIDES YOURSELVES in your wild ANTICS and DID NOT have ANY proclamation of the word of GOD, YOU did not worship GOD.......

HE and I had numerous rounds and he RARELY used the word of GOD to actually prove his religion....and or used in out of CONTEXT........

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
Don't worry about, I have been called by tongues believers, just about every name in the book. If it is NOT done exactly as the Disciples did it, I am convinced it is a counterfeit. Here is a Video Exposing the Charismatic Awakening as Idenitcal to the Kundalini Awakening in Hinduism. This video is was made by a CHARISMATIC PENTECOSTAL, WHO has seen Charismatics falling for the Kudalini Awakenening IN HUNDREDS if not THOUSANDS OF CHURCHES accepting it as what the Disciples did. My Sister-inlaw was all messed up in one of these churches mention in this film, and she finally got out of it, THANK GOD. But at the time, she absolutely thought of it as HOLY SPIRIT, and it was NOT.

If you are type that GETS MAD, about honest criticisms by Charismatic Pentecostal worried about false teachers taking over the Church, you may not want to watch this Video, but if you do, TAKE IT VERY SERIOUS. I know someone will want to cast LOTS of stones at me, for sharing this with you all, so DUCK. Please I once again am off subject, but this is Extremely Important, signs of the times, sorry for the inconvenience.

Well I wouldn't worry. Ain't no tongues speakin', Halalulea shoutin', faith healin', Women preachin' Church that will miss you. You are excused. You may go to your pew and be quiet now...More room for us to run up and down the isles! Glory to God!

TruthTalk

Jul 17, 2017
This is clearly a not by works thread.

So yeah, I should have probably just keep right on avoiding this thread, but just wanted to let you know your not helping nobody by ridiculing others and your tasteless jokes.

Anyhow, I've took up too much of your all's time and mine too. So have a good one and party on guys...:rolleyes:
I'm not sure who you are referring to in this post. If I have said anything to offend you please accept my sincerest apology. Sorry to see you go so soon,

God bless!

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
Well I wouldn't worry. Ain't no tongues speakin', Halalulea shoutin', faith healin', Women preachin' Church that will miss you. You are excused. You may go to your pew and be quiet now...More room for us to run up and down the isles! Glory to God!
BTW that was not sarcasim! I'm an old Jesus Freak, is the term. I truly think God wants happy Children and I've nearly always gone (in the past 41 years)d to Christian churches where we still say Amen, Praise the Lord and thank you Jesus, out loud and sing and clap our hands and enjoy being ourselves with each other and the lord. Sure there's always bible studies, men's or women's meetings also. Un-fortunately that atmosphere is dying out just like us.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
I'm not sure who you are referring to in this post. If I have said anything to offend you please accept my sincerest apology. Sorry to see you go so soon,

God bless!
All we should do then if we've beaten the subject to death and want to talk about something else just change the title. Some body will always come by and say 'I believer some idiotic non sense like I believe we should do blank on Friday friday was...on Friday, and... We will say what? and we will have another discussion. We don't have to close the present string. I just haven't any ideas what to call it. Any Ideas?

Endoscopy

Oct 13, 2017
I would never imply that God Almighty is weak. But we are weak vessels and the Holy Spirit will not remain in us if we give ourselves over to sin. The Holy Spirit will not continue to live in you if you continue to buckle under sin and live a life that is not reflective of your Christian beliefs. It does not mean God is weak, it just means you are weak. If you sucumb to the Holy Spirit and live a life that allows the Holy Spirit to be in you he will continue unrestricted. But if you live a life that satan would be happy to endorse, the Holy Spirit will not continue in you.
Look at what Jesus said about this subject. It seems you are in error.

John 10 AMPC
27 The sheep that are My own hear and are listening to My voice; and I know them, and they follow Me.
28 And I give them eternal life, and they shall never lose it or perish throughout the ages. [To all eternity they shall never by any means be destroyed.] And no one is able to snatch them out of My hand.
29 My Father, Who has given them to Me, is greater and mightier than all [else]; and no one is able to snatch [them] out of the Father’s hand.
30 I and the Father are One.

TruthTalk

Jul 17, 2017

Amen VCO, my wife and I have repeatably turned down an invitation to go to a charismatic Saturday afternoon home bible study. And yes the bible study leader is female and speaks in tongue's.

I believe that God used speaking in tongues for the purpose of unbeliever's who needed to hear the Gospel in their native language. My wife and I agreed that speaking in tongues is not something that we wish to partake in and so we declined the invitation to attend the Saturday afternoon bible study.

VCO is there any personal advice you can give us that would be helpful. We also believe that people who speak in tongue's (Ecstatic speech), are leaving themselves vulnerable to the devils minions harassing you. And thank you for any advice you may have, it is very much appreciated since we are continually asked to attend this bible study.

And thanks for the eye opening video, my wife and I watched together.....:)

God bless!

Acts2:6-8
6)
When they heard this sound, a crowd came together in bewilderment, because each one heard their own language being spoken. 7) Utterly amazed, they asked: “Aren’t all these who are speaking Galileans? 8) Then how is it that each of us hears them in our native language?

TruthTalk

Jul 17, 2017
All we should do then if we've beaten the subject to death and want to talk about something else just change the title. Some body will always come by and say 'I believer some idiotic non sense like I believe we should do blank on Friday friday was...on Friday, and... We will say what? and we will have another discussion. We don't have to close the present string. I just haven't any ideas what to call it. Any Ideas?
Hi Calibob, "Any Ideas?" nope not me. I just wanted to say good bye to 1ofthem and wish him well, no more or no less, just good bye, and nothing to do with subject matter.

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
Amen VCO, my wife and I have repeatably turned down an invitation to go to a charismatic Saturday afternoon home bible study. And yes the bible study leader is female and speaks in tongue's.

I believe that God used speaking in tongues for the purpose of unbeliever's who needed to hear the Gospel in their native language. My wife and I agreed that speaking in tongues is not something that we wish to partake in and so we declined the invitation to attend the Saturday afternoon bible study.

VCO is there any personal advice you can give us that would be helpful. We also believe that people who speak in tongue's (Ecstatic speech), are leaving themselves vulnerable to the devils minions harassing you. And thank you for any advice you may have, it is very much appreciated since we are continually asked to attend this bible study.

And thanks for the eye opening video, my wife and I watched together.....:)

God bless!

Acts2:6-8
6)
When they heard this sound, a crowd came together in bewilderment, because each one heard their own language being spoken. 7) Utterly amazed, they asked: “Aren’t all these who are speaking Galileans? 8) Then how is it that each of us hears them in our native language?

YES, I have a personal, detailed Bible Study that I did before Computers, but now have it saved on my Computer. IT was done because I was asked, by my Sister-inlaws to write, what I believed was the TRUTH about their so-called tongues. One of them was the one that was caught up in the Kundalini Awakening in her church. They flat rejected the info that I wrote. In it I documented, via personal interview, a Pastor who had heard it, while with a personal that could understand the foreign language that was spoken. And it was a demon cursing in a Church on both occasions, one was the Pastors Wife. It is 14 pages of #10 Font, but I would have to Post it on a separate tread and it would have to be a 5 segment Post. I would have request it be for reading only, as I DO NOT WANT TO START A DEBATE on the issue. Would you want that? Decon, is there a better way to post a LONG study like this that you know of.

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
REF: #73,760

There is the attitude that I was talking about. It stems from "LOOK WHAT I CAN DO", instead of Look at the sincere LOVE He has given me for GOD and the Brethren.

TruthTalk

Jul 17, 2017
YES, I have a personal, detailed Bible Study that I did before Computers, but now have it saved on my Computer. IT was done because I was asked, by my Sister-inlaws to write, what I believed was the TRUTH about their so-called tongues. One of them was the one that was caught up in the Kundalini Awakening in her church. They flat rejected the info that I wrote. In it I documented, via personal interview, a Pastor who had heard it, while with a personal that could understand the foreign language that was spoken. And it was a demon cursing in a Church on both occasions, one was the Pastors Wife. It is 14 pages of #10 Font, but I would have to Post it on a separate tread and it would have to be a 5 segment Post. I would have request it be for reading only, as I DO NOT WANT TO START A DEBATE on the issue. Would you want that? Decon, is there a better way to post a LONG study like this that you know of.
Hi VCO, It sounds like a good idea but I'm gonna pass at least for now. As far as the bible study was concerned my wife and I are not going to participate because we would not feel comfortable in a charismatic setting, Appreciate what you have done so far and thanks.

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017

Hallalujah!!! Praise God!!!

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
I worked with one and he was always dancing like a fool around his milling machine waving his arms in the air.....one day at break he was boasting about a "church service" where they "GOT so BESIDES themselves" that the preacher forget to preach the word of God....I chimed in....well you obviously did not worship God then....and he got all puffed up and said what do you mean we did not worship God then....and I said......

God is Spirit, and they that worship him MUST worship him IN SPIRIT and IN TRUTH......the preaching of the WORD of GOD is the WORSHIP of GOD and if you got SO BESIDES YOURSELVES in your wild ANTICS and DID NOT have ANY proclamation of the word of GOD, YOU did not worship GOD.......

HE and I had numerous rounds and he RARELY used the word of GOD to actually prove his religion....and or used in out of CONTEXT........

I hear you, brother. I have gone to websites, that had their doctrinal Statments posted, and they said they believe this, that, and another; and NOT ONE VERSE TO SUPPORT THEIR BELIEFS.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
I hear you, brother. I have gone to websites, that had their doctrinal Statments posted, and they said they believe this, that, and another; and NOT ONE VERSE TO SUPPORT THEIR BELIEFS.
I just let them be. I don't do it but I can't tell the goats from the sheep or the hysterical. I does seem a little childish sometimes when people are acting like they're on stage. To me it opposes the prayer closet doctrine but I can't judge, some may be sincere.

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
That top one is the Kundalini Awakening right out of Hinduism.

And the bottom one violates the verse below, in my opinion.

1 Corinthians 14:40 (NKJV)
40 Let all things be done decently and in order.

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
Hi VCO, It sounds like a good idea but I'm gonna pass at least for now. As far as the bible study was concerned my wife and I are not going to participate because we would not feel comfortable in a charismatic setting, Appreciate what you have done so far and thanks.

NO, I explain why Most of Mainline Churches believe the Charismatic Experience is nothing more than a Counterfeit tongues. Giving the Firm Foundation for our Non-Charismatic Beliefs.

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
NO, I explain why Most of Mainline Churches believe the Charismatic Experience is nothing more than a Counterfeit tongues. Giving the Firm Foundation for our Non-Charismatic Beliefs.
Dear VCO,:love:

It's too late to try to make me like you. I've already been "activated" by the Holy Spirit, speaking in tongues, dreaming dreams, seeing visions, full of holy laughter, overflowing joy in Christ Jesus, tasted the secret hidden manna in the Word of God - Nothing left to do but get happy and PRAISE THE LORD and Love God and His People and PREACH the Good News!!! LOL!!!
:LOL::ROFL::love::ROFL::ROFL::LOL::LOL:(y):giggle::giggle::giggle: