Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 12, 2013
Is. 8:20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.
The very things you attribute to those on this site are indeed the things attributed to yourself.....the reason being is...by conflating the Old and the New you peddle something that is neither and false at the same time.....bad day coming for you man!

P

Pisteuo

John 3:18
18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son.
John 14:1
1 “Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me.
John 20:31
31 But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.

The Bible is full of the Word BELIEVE...I could go on and on and on ...

Romans 10:9-11
9 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.

11 As Scripture says, “Anyone who believes in him will never be put to shame.”

Praise God and thank You Jesus \:)/...xox...
Hi Rosemary ,

Do you realize every scripture your presenting with the words believe , believer , and believing , are translated from the Greek word pisteuo ?

The translators chose those words because the English language has no corresponding verb to the noun Faith , like the Greek does . Believing is apart of what NT saving Faith and faithing are , but taking the words believe , believer , and believing , on their own is error

We see this in a warning and disclaimer when the Strongs defines pisteuo as " pisteuo means NOT just to believe ."

The Vines defines pisteuo as " a personal surrender to Him and a life inspired by such surrender ." No mention of believing . But pisteuo is a verb , and a verb is defined as an action , an act , " based upon a belief " , sustained by confidence . So believing is a part of pisteuo or just part of a verb .

Pistis the noun is used 245 times in the NT . Pisteuo the corresponding verb is used 248 to es in the NT. Every time you read those three words in the NT , it's a mistranslation . Pisteuo , because the English has no single word to translate it , it must be defined or translated with a sentence .

So whenever you read those three words in scripture , believe , believer , and believing , scratch them out and replace them with the correct definition from thr Greek dictionary , "a personal surrender to Him and a life inspired by such surrender ."

Hope this helps your Walk.

Dec 12, 2013
Hi Rosemary ,

Do you realize every scripture your presenting with the words believe , believer , and believing , are translated from the Greek word pisteuo ?

The translators chose those words because the English language has no corresponding verb to the noun Faith , like the Greek does . Believing is apart of what NT saving Faith and faithing are , but taking the words believe , believer , and believing , on their own is error

We see this in a warning and disclaimer when the Strongs defines pisteuo as " pisteuo means NOT just to believe ."

The Vines defines pisteuo as " a personal surrender to Him and a life inspired by such surrender ." No mention of believing . But pisteuo is a verb , and a verb is defined as an action , an act , " based upon a belief " , sustained by confidence . So believing is a part of pisteuo or just part of a verb .

Pistis the noun is used 245 times in the NT . Pisteuo the corresponding verb is used 248 to es in the NT. Every time you read those three words in the NT , it's a mistranslation . Pisteuo , because the English has no single word to translate it , it must be defined or translated with a sentence .

So whenever you read those three words in scripture , believe , believer , and believing , scratch them out and replace them with the correct definition from thr Greek dictionary , "a personal surrender to Him and a life inspired by such surrender ."

She does not buy your deception pal....as a matter of fact, most see right through your rigmarole.....have you figured out the difference between your and you're yet Mr. I Am Stanford man.....!! Faux <<- another word for you

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
Hi Rosemary ,

I have to be honest P...I am doing extremely well in my walk as I read my bible daily , the LORD is feeding me with His bread of life :)...I know nothing about the greek or Hebrew language , but I do have the Holy Spirit who is leading me and giving me understanding to God`s precious Word...
I know I am saved by God's grace alone , I understand that , I also understand that I have done nothing to earn His grace , after being called by God , I truly believed in my heart that Jesus is my Savior , now I am walking in the Holy Spirit , step by step daily , and I am becoming more aware of who I am in Christ...
Some people in this world will never get to read what you post , many do not even have a bible , but yet they believe from the people who spread the good news Gospel that Jesus is their Savior , no need for anything else to be added , we all know what believe means...xox...

star

Nov 8, 2017
North Carolina
I've not called you one name. You're still bearing false witness? Wow.

Do show me where I "called you a name." Saying you're ignorant isn't calling a name, it's describing your level of knowledge which is low on the subject at hand.

Grow some thick skin.

I said you slandered, and you did. I said you are ignorant, and that isn't name calling, it's a fact. You are "not knowing" about the subject at hand.

Now I'm reminded of why I ignored you in the past, you can't seem to tell the truth and resort to slander. You seem rather bitter imho.

My skin is thick but what I despise is a person claiming the cloak of Christianity and then under that cloak calling someone bearing false witness, a slander, and other UN-christian adjectives.

star

Nov 8, 2017
North Carolina
Do you even know what slander means?

I already did that but obviously have to show you, yet again.

You accused me of a works Gospel because you're ignorant of the truth I've shown you. Instead of trying to learn and grow, you slander and accuse.

We are saved, we are being saved, we will be saved. That is a biblical fact.

Since you don't believe these things are attested to in Scripture (they are, and I gave a link showing the passages) you come out and resort to saying I believe in works salvation.

Like I said, all this shows is that your ignorant of the truths I expressed, and you resorted to slander. It's how you are.
You are the one doing the slandering, calling me a false witness and on land on. We ARE saved. Period and end of the story. The next step is to grow in the knowledge of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. That is bibilcal.

P

Pisteuo

I have to be honest P...I am doing extremely well in my walk as I read my bible daily , the LORD is feeding me with His bread of life :)...I know nothing about the greek or Hebrew language , but I do have the Holy Spirit who is leading me and giving me understanding to God`s precious Word...
I know I am saved by God's grace alone , I understand that , I also understand that I have done nothing to earn His grace , after being called by God , I truly believed in my heart that Jesus is my Savior , now I am walking in the Holy Spirit , step by step daily , and I am becoming more aware of who I am in Christ...
Some people in this world will never get to read what you post , many do not even have a bible , but yet they believe from the people who spread the good news Gospel that Jesus is their Savior , no need for anything else to be added , we all know what believe means...xox...
Salvation isn't by Grace alone , it is by Grace through Faith . Faith in application is pisteuo in the Greek . Pisteuo is defined in the Strongs Greek dictionary as , " pisteuo means NOT just to believe . "

The Vines Greek dictionary : " a personal surrender to Him and a life inspired by such surrender ".

So Salvation is by Grace , through a personal surrender to Him and a life inspired by such surrender .

I won't address you again unless you ask me to .

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
Salvation isn't by Grace alone , it is by Grace through Faith . Faith in application is pisteuo in the Greek . Pisteuo is defined in the Strongs Greek dictionary as , " pisteuo means NOT just to believe . "

The Vines Greek dictionary : " a personal surrender to Him and a life inspired by such surrender ".

So Salvation is by Grace , through a personal surrender to Him and a life inspired by such surrender .

I won't address you again unless you ask me to .
Yes I agree , Ephesians 2: 8...

J

J70x7

If I can easily stump dcontroversal with the question below, this proves dcontroversal doesn't love Jesus.

183444.jpg dcontroversal: Please answer this question.
If someone up until the time of their death knowingly denies correct doctrine Christ has revealed, do they go to hell?

1 Timothy 6:3-5
[3] If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to the sound words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to that doctrine which is according to godliness, [4] He is proud, knowing nothing, but sick about questions and strifes of words; from which arise envies, contentions, blasphemies, evil suspicions, [5] Conflicts of men corrupted in mind, and who are destitute of the truth, supposing gain to be godliness.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Is. 8:20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.
are you saying there is no light in Matthew 17:24-27?

or is hate for your brother eroding what light is in you :(

i will just believe that you need more time to study; then you will see light in this passage, and rejoicing, you will tell us about what you have found :)

Dec 12, 2013
You said in your last post " you are saved by God's Grace alone ."

That's not what Eph 2:8 says . How can you say you agree ?
You must be as dense as lead.....To say the above is ignorant....

In the grace you are, having been saved OUT OF FAITH, AND THAT NOT OF YOURSELF, it is the gift of God anf not of works lest any man should boast....

You are a deceiver.....!

J

J70x7

In the grace you are, having been saved OUT OF FAITH, AND THAT NOT OF YOURSELF, it is the gift of God anf not of works lest any man should boast....

You are a deceiver.....!
If someone up until the time of their death knowingly denies correct doctrine Christ has revealed, do they go to hell?

Argueless

Oct 21, 2018
So tell
To your last line....those who know and embrace the truth......only deceivers tie faith with works or law keeping together to gain, keep or top off salvation....congrats...you are what you post against....a deceiver!
So tell me, do you consider Jesus Christ a deceiver when he said, "If you want to enter life, obey the commandments.” as a reply to the one asking Him how to get ETERNAL LIFE?

J

J70x7

So tell

So tell me, do you consider Jesus Christ a deceiver when he said, "If you want to enter life, obey the commandments.” as a reply to the one asking Him how to get ETERNAL LIFE?
Yes he does. He much rather follow Satan.

P

Pisteuo

You are a deceiver.....!
Without Faith and faithing ( not believing ) it is impossible to please God .

P

Pisteuo

It does not get any plainer..........Our righteous works have ZERO to do with Salvation!

English Standard Version
he saved us, not because of works done by us in righteousness, but according to his own mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewal of the Holy Spirit,

Berean Study Bible
He saved us, not by the righteous deeds we had done, but according to His mercy, through the washing of new birth and renewal by the Holy Spirit.

Berean Literal Bible
He saved us, not by works in righteousness that we did, but according to His mercy, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit,

New American Standard Bible
He saved us, not on the basis of deeds which we have done in righteousness, but according to His mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewing by the Holy Spirit,

King James Bible
Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

J

J70x7

P

Pisteuo

It does not get any plainer..........Our righteous works have ZERO to do with Salvation!

English Standard Version
he saved us, not because of works done by us in righteousness, but according to his own mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewal of the Holy Spirit,

Berean Study Bible
He saved us, not by the righteous deeds we had done, but according to His mercy, through the washing of new birth and renewal by the Holy Spirit.

Berean Literal Bible
He saved us, not by works in righteousness that we did, but according to His mercy, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit,

New American Standard Bible
He saved us, not on the basis of deeds which we have done in righteousness, but according to His mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewing by the Holy Spirit,

King James Bible
Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

Works of righteousness are not the same thing as acts of Faith . Your taking the Greek word " dikaiosune " that has the Dika root and comparing it to pisteuo . Whenever you see that Dika root , it means a righteousness of God . Pisteuo isn't a righteousness from God ( dikaiosune ) Faith and faithing is an exercise that brings the soul into vital Union with God in Christ , and inevitably produces righteousness of life , that is , conformaty to the will of God .

Dikaiosune is unattainable by obedience to any law , or by any merit of man's own , OR ANY OTHER CONDITION THAN THAT Of FAITH IN CHRIST . Pisteuo " a personal surrender to Him and a life inspired by such surrender .

The context of the OP is fatally flawed . Your taking an apple and saying this orange is the same as the Apple .
It's not !