Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Studyman

Oct 11, 2017
="BillG, post: 3794518, member: 252071"]What are these disobedient works?

They claimed great works but were rejected because he never knew them.
My thoughts on this is that they obviously never knew him either, they claim they did.

If we look at the verses preceding the ones under discussion

Matthew 7:15-20

You Will Know Them by Their Fruits
(Matt. 12:33; Luke 6:43–45)
15 “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. 16 You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles? 17 Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Therefore by their fruits you will know them.

Which leads to

Matthew 7:21-23

I Never Knew You
(Luke 6:46; 13:26, 27)
21 “Not everyone who says to Me, Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’
Well if preaching in Christ's name is a "LAWLESS" work, then many are in trouble. If helping folks with problems and demons in His Name is a Lawless Work, then Jesus doesn't know very many "Christians" does He.

He is speaking of the Laws He created as the Word of God, Yes? That we were taught from the very beginning. "Love God and Love you Brother as thyself" Not as Cain who hated Abel because He loved God and his work's were accepted but God didn't accept Cain's. Isn't this the foundation for all the law and Prophets in your belief?

He doesn't tell us what the "Lawless" works were. But because God has shown you and I His Law we should be able to tell if someone is breaking them, Yes?.

How about a man who claims to be filled with the spirit of God, who goes in a great building, built in His Name and preaches in His name, but secretly turns around and molests little boys and girls in his free time.

Could this be an example of "Lawless works" according to the Word of God which became Flesh?

How about a man who claims to be saved by the Blood of Jesus, but uses tithes that poor widows give to his church to enrich himself and his family. In your religion, would this be considered "Lawlessness"?

How about building great churches in His Name with Glass ceilings, and marble floors all in His Name, but setting up images of God in the likeness of fire, or fish, or a long haired playgirl centerfold, naked and bleeding with Christ's name on it? Would this be considered "Lawlessness" in your religion?

How about creating a religion in His name, calling Him Lord, Lord but rejecting His Sabbaths and creating their own religious High Days which they derive from ancient Pagan festivals, and placing the Christ's Name on it. Would this be "Lawless Work"?

A man could go on and on.

I have asked you, and "many" on this forum these very questions and no one wants to answer. Why?

Jesus also asked these same questions of those who taught in God's name in His Time.

"But he answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God ( practice lawlessness) by your tradition?

Since Jesus said by their works you shall know them, these seem valid questions. Also note, He didn't say "THEY" would know by their own fruits, He said we would know. (deception is an evil thing)

So is it possible that those who practice lawlessness are actually those who come in sheep's clothing but are infact ravenous wolves?
If that's the case then they have no interest in knowing Jesus.
They are only interested in themselves, their ego and personal gain.
They are not the sheep that Jesus accepted but the goats that Jesus rejected.

So why did he not know them?
If he had have known them why did he not say "I knew you once but?
This I can agree with. These people may have claimed an interest in the Christ with their lips. They call Him Lord, Lord with their lips. But by their works they "Denied Him". Not by teaching in His Name, there is no law against this work. But their traditions and doctrines which came, not from God but from man.

I don't believe the Pharisees knew they were serving satan, any more that those in Matt. 7 thought they were serving satan. But if they were claiming Jesus as their Savior, but living in Lawlessness, then surely satan had a hand in it.

It fit's together will all other scriptures perfectly.

Wolf, a man living in Lawlessness, but acting like a "Sheep", someone who claims the Christ as their Shepherd.

And how did Jesus say "we" discern them. By their words? What they say, by their defense of their religion as those in matt 7 did. No Billy, Jesus said we would know then by their "works", whether they are "Lawless" or not,

He says the same thing in another place.

21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

Dec 6, 2018
If we say we have no sin, we decieve ourselves and there is no truth in us.

I will trust the apostle John..and in doing so. Not be decieved.
Glory be to God, He didn’t stop 🛑 there, He continued, God still spoke to us in that same epistle, with 4 more chapters..

This is what the flesh does, it takes the part that satisfies its self and throw away the other parts. God is one, His word is one. These messages I’ve posted are self-sufficient because these messages are not mine, but of God, so whoever wished to meddle with God’s word, and hide the truth of God in unrighteousness just to satisfy the carnal flesh, Such soul, is inviting the wrath of God.
May God’s mercy be upon such unto repentance.

Dec 6, 2018
They cl
the sanhedrin sentenced Him to death on the charge of blasphemy, making Himself equal to God.
was He guilty?

possible scenarios:

• guilty
    • in fact claimed equality with God
      • was not equal to God
  • not guilty
    • did not claim equality with God
      • truth of the matter immaterial
  • not guilty
    • in fact claimed equality with God
      • is in fact equal to God
They claimed he made himselft equal with God, because thty didn’t understand The spirit of God. Just as some today because they do not understand Christ, bring up false doctrines. Also, after that verse, Jesus replied, and said He is the son of God, not according to Words of unbelievers who judge unrighteously..

John 10:33-36 (KJV)
The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God. Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods? If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken; Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

God also made it very clear to us in

1 Corinthians 15:28 (KJV)
And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

When one does not understand the bible, instead of usiing the flesh to form new doctrines and going into the depths of satanic/fleshy doctrines, such one should seek more of God’s word by going to other scriptures.

The scriptures is not about what you think, or what you believe, it s about what God thinks, and how God wants us to see it..

HE is the author, so he guides us through, not us dictating for Him how it should be.

E

eternally-gratefull

Glory be to God, He didn’t stop 🛑 there, He continued, God still spoke to us in that same epistle, with 4 more chapters..

This is what the flesh does, it takes the part that satisfies its self and throw away the other parts. God is one, His word is one. These messages I’ve posted are self-sufficient because these messages are not mine, but of God, so whoever wished to meddle with God’s word, and hide the truth of God in unrighteousness just to satisfy the carnal flesh, Such soul, is inviting the wrath of God.
May God’s mercy be upon such unto repentance.
Yes he did, But he did not contradict himself

John did not say, If I come to you and claim I am without sin, I am decieved and there is no truth in me, Then later say, I am saved so I can not sin.

Anyone who understands what true sin is, KNOWS they are not sinless. Paul did. John did. WHy is it so many others think they are sinless. Where does this thinking come from?

Studyman

Oct 11, 2017
="BillG, post: 3794518, member: 252071"]What are these disobedient works?

Cont.

We know that works will be judged yet we also know

1 Corinthians 3:9-15

9 For we are God’s fellow workers; you are God’s field, you are God’s building. 10 According to the grace of God which was given to me, as a wise master builder I have laid the foundation, and another builds on it. But let each one take heed how he builds on it. 11 For no other foundation can anyone lay than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

And who is Jesus Christ? Is He not the Word of God which became Flesh? Did He not give Abraham instruction? Did He not give us the two Greatest Laws, Love God and Love each other? Are these not the very foundation of the Law and Prophets He came, not to destroy but to preserve?

did Paul believe in the same Foundation the Christ gave us?

Acts 24:
13 Neither can they prove the things whereof they now accuse me.
14 But this I confess unto thee, that after the way which they call heresy, so worship I the God of my fathers, believing all things which are written in the law and in the prophets:

These are the "Oracles" of God yes? The Foundation of God, the Christ, the Word which became Flesh.

12 Now if anyone builds on this foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw, 13 each one’s work will become clear; for the Day will declare it, because it will be revealed by fire; and the fire will test each one’s work, of what sort it is. 14 If anyone’s work which he has built on it endures, he will receive a reward. 15 If anyone’s work is burned, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire.

Builds on this foundation, not a religion which gives lip serving to the Christ, but practices lawlessness. Those who do that, though they claim Jesus as their Savior, He says He doesn't know them.

Which confirms what Jesus said Matthew 7:24-27 "Build on the Rock"
(Luke 6:47–49)

24 “Therefore whoever hears these sayings of Mine, and does them, (the opposite of Lawlessness) I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on the rock: 25 and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it did not fall, for it was founded on the rock.

And who was this Rock?

1 cor. 10:
1 Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea;
2 And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea;

3 And did all eat the same spiritual meat;

4 And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.

5 But with many of them God was not well pleased: for they were overthrown in the wilderness.

6 Now these things were our examples, (Foundation) to the intent we should not lust after evil things, as they also lusted.

And what was it they did to cause their fall Billy? Did they not create images of God which is a Lawless work? Did they not create their own "Feasts unto the Lord" which is a lawless work?

26 “But everyone who hears these sayings of Mine, and does not do them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand: 27 and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it fell. And great was its fall.”

Surely you can see why those of old fell. They called God, Lord, Lord, they served Him with their lips, but they practiced "Lawlessness".

Why???? Because they didn't believe in the Christ who gave them instructions, they had created "another".

What is the will of our Father, what is the work of our Father?
The Will of the Father is to believe in His Son, the Light of the World, who He sent into the World from the very beginning, The Word of God which became Flesh.

What does God want from us,
Duet. 30:
19 I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I (The Christ, the Rock) have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:
20 That thou mayest love the LORD thy God, and that thou mayest obey his voice, and that thou mayest cleave unto him: for he is thy life, and the length of thy days: that thou mayest dwell in the land which the LORD sware unto thy fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them.

John 6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

why did the word become flesh
Because He loved us enough to:

To expose the Mainstream religion which had turned so many against Him, to save those who were lost because of this false teaching, to fulfill His Promise to remove the Levitical Priesthood man had corrupted (Finding fault with them) and replace it with Himself. To become the perfect sacrifice for those who would Love Him and "DO" as He says.

, why did Jesus die for us

Because He loved us enough to

To show the extent of the wickedness of man, to fulfill what was written about Him, to take our sins away so we can have another chance to "SERVE" Him acceptable to God.

what was achieved on the cross?
He made a "show" openly of those mainstream religious leaders who claimed by their law He should die, but their Law couldn't hold Him. He triumphed over the mainstream religious doctrines and traditions of the land that condemned Him, the gentiles that turned to him, Paul and anyone else who believe "all things" in the Law and Prophets. To show once and for all that the narrow Path He walked truly does lead to eternity as the Law and Prophets teach.. And that through Him, we too can be reconciled.

Are we reconciled to God by faith or works?
We are to "Believe" in the Christ of the Bible.

If He says the bite of a Cobra will kill me, and I still walk right up to the cobra and grab it with no fear, do I believe Him? No, my works would show I really don't believe Him.

If He says He created His Sabbath for man, and I reject His Sabbath, do I believe in Him? No, If I truly "believed" in Him, I would do as He says.

I don't see how Faith or belief can exist without obedient works. He didn't either. "If you Love Me, keep My Commandments"

ljs

Jan 13, 2018
Yes he did, But he did not contradict himself

John did not say, If I come to you and claim I am without sin, I am decieved and there is no truth in me, Then later say, I am saved so I can not sin.

Anyone who understands what true sin is, KNOWS they are not sinless. Paul did. John did. WHy is it so many others think they are sinless. Where does this thinking come from?
A self righteous heart

Endoscopy

Oct 13, 2017
When will people realise

Gifts are not earned. If they are, they are not gifts

Grace is freey given, no rewarded/ If it is of works, it is no longer of grace.

When will they humble themselves. And stop being like the pharisee, and fall to their knees like the sinner?
The problem is too many think they have to earn salvation. That blinds them to the gift of God using grace.

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
The great commission is proof of the trinity!!

Mathew 28:16 to 20 (great commission) AMPC (Amplified Classic)

16 Now the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain to which Jesus had directed and made appointment with them.
17 And when they saw Him, they fell down and worshiped Him; but some doubted.
18 Jesus approached and, breaking the silence, said to them, All authority (all power of rule) in heaven and on earth has been given to Me.
19 Go then and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them into the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
20 Teaching them to observe everything that I have commanded you, and behold, I am with you all the days (perpetually, uniformly, and on every occasion), to the [very] close and consummation of the age. Amen (so let it be).

I know, I was giving additional verses, because NON - Trintarians are taught how to deny that is Biblical. I think it is as Plain as the Nose on your face: "in the NAME" [SINGULAR] "of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit". That person denies HIS DEITY, and that Jesus was only 100% man.

TruthTalk

Jul 17, 2017
I don't see how Faith or belief can exist without obedient works. He didn't either.
"If you Love Me, keep My Commandments"
You need to turn back to God Studyman, you are following the same path as the Pharisee's "a self-righteous man made religion", which makes everyone who follows their religious lie twice the son's of hell than they are.

Matthew23:15
"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You travel over land and sea to win a single convert, and when you have succeeded, you make them twice as much a son of hell as you are.

Studyman

Oct 11, 2017
="posthuman, post: 3794430, member: 170505"]that's a mischaracterization.

Since they did not know the righteousness of God and sought to establish their own, they did not submit to God's righteousness.
(Romans 10:3)

God's definition of righteousness isn't a righteousness that you establish by doing works.

God's Works are righteous whether you reject them or not. Man's unbelief has zero effect on the righteousness of God's Words. By me following His Word's with all my heart and soul, I am not establishing His Righteousness. His Righteousness was established from the very beginning. He is righteous, regardless of whether I follow Him or not, His Works are Righteousness whether I believe they are or not. Romans makes my point.

They didn't submit to God's Righteousness, they created their own just like Jesus said they did.

But if you have been convinced of the insidious lie that the Pharisees were trying to earn Salvation by obeying God, then this explains how you might believe God's Word is Holy until man submits himself to them, then they became filthy works.

Psalms 119:
171 My lips shall utter praise, when thou hast taught me thy statutes.
172 My tongue shall speak of thy word: for all thy commandments are righteousness.

173 Let thine hand help me; for I have chosen thy precepts. (Not the religious doctrines of man.)

174 I have longed for thy salvation, O LORD; and thy law is my delight. (Not against us and a burden as "many" preach)

. . . as for righteousness based on the law, faultless.
This is another example of how leaven, (lies about God's Word) infect the whole mind. Paul was a Pharisee. What did Jesus say about the Pharisees? You take this one partial verse and use it to make void EVERY WORD Jesus said about the Mainstream Preachers of His time, every prophesy of the Law and Prophets. Yes, I know the Pope teaches the Pharisees were trying to earn salvation by obeying God, but it is a lie Post. Why do you refuse the Word's of the Word of God which became Flesh?​
What "LAW" were the Pharisees still pushing for the justification of sins. You won't answer because you can't.​
But whatever were gains to me I now consider loss for the sake of Christ. What is more, I consider everything a loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them garbage, that I may gain Christ and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ — the righteousness that comes from God on the basis of faith.
(Philippians 3:6-9)

it is not by righteous works that i may do that He calls me righteous, not by obedience to His law, even if i were blameless under it.

Luke 1:6, And they were both righteous before God, walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless.

this is how the Spirit of Christ defines Zechariahs who knew Jesus when He came.

Matt. 15:
7 Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying,
8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.

9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men. (Not God as you preach)

This is how the Spirit defines Paul and His Religious leaders who DIDN'T KNOW HIM when He came.

Why do you willfully "omit" these truths about Paul before his conversion?

it is by faith in a righteousness that is not of ourselves.
Yes, a righteousness created by God, not a Righteousness created by man as did the Pharisees. It's in your Bible, all you have to do is believe.

And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.
(Isaiah 32:17)

it is His righteousness, in Whom we have put our trust, not in our own which is comprised of obedience in actions.

Again, to justify your religious lifestyle you make this statement. That you can somehow trust God's Righteousness until you walk in them as commanded, then God's Righteousness become our own Righteousness and thus relegates them to filthy rags. So listening, hearing His Righteousness is all that is needed, because if we "DO" what HE says, God's Righteous Works become unrighteous.

1 John 3:7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.

But not in your religion.

All this because you have been convinced that the problem with the Pharisees wasn't that they rejected God's righteous instruction as Jesus clearly pointed out, but because they tried to please God by obeying Him.

Budman

Mar 9, 2014
I don't understand this. I seriously don't.

Why is it so difficult for some Christians to accept that salvation is a gift that cannot to earned or maintained by our works? To do so destroys the very notion it is a gift.

To say one "must" or "will" do good works after salvation to somehow "prove" one is really saved is adding to the simple gospel message of only "believe".

No one has ever been able to give a concrete answer as to how many good works are required to "show" one is truly saved. For some, a few good works are fine as long as there is a "patten" of growth. For others, it's constant toil from sunup until sundown, while begging God for forgiveness for the slightest infraction.

Begging forgiveness for sins that have already been forgiven over 2,000 years ago!

No one has to prove anything. If one, at an instant in time, believed the offer from Jesus to grant eternal life to anyone who would take Him at His word in faith, they are saved from that moment forever, and can never be lost.

No matter what they do afterward.

Once again, no matter what they do afterward.

And yes, I'm one of those Christians who believe you don't have to promise to stop sinning, you don't have to read the Bible, you don't have to go to church or even share the gospel to "stay" or "prove" you're saved. God doesn't destroy a person's free will after they become Christians. They can still choose to sin - and do - every single day, and remain just as saved, just as righteous, and just as holy as the most devout Christian that ever walked the earth.

How?

Because we have imputed righteousness, holiness, and sinlessness from Jesus Himself - as His gift - with no strings attached.

Yet, our desires do change. We don't look at sin the way we did when we were unsaved. We have the yearning to live as we ought, but acting or not acting on those desires doesn't change our citizenship in heaven.

Jesus promised - and that's good enough for me.

Studyman

Oct 11, 2017
You need to turn back to God Studyman, you are following the same path as the Pharisee's "a self-righteous man made religion", which makes everyone who follows their religious lie twice the son's of hell than they are.

Matthew23:15
"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You travel over land and sea to win a single convert, and when you have succeeded, you make them twice as much a son of hell as you are.
And yet it is you who promote religions which create images of God in the likeness of some long haired Playgirl Centerfold and placed Jesus name on it, in direct violation of the first and greatest commandment.

It is you who promote a religion which rejects God's Sabbath in favor of a pagan High day some sun worshipper placed His name on some 350 years after He rose from the dead.

It is you who promote a religion which rejects the Feast's of the Christ, His Holy Days which set out His Salvation plan, in favor of more pagan High Days that man placed the Holy Name of the Christ on.

I already served your god once TT, and by Word of God which became Flesh, I have escaped your religion who "Practice" such things.

I wish it were not so, but it is. You might ask yourself, would Jesus ever do such things to His Father? Did He ever condone such "practice"? Of course He wouldn't.

By their fruits you shall know them.

Matt. 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work lawlessness.

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
Well if preaching in Christ's name is a "LAWLESS" work, then many are in trouble. If helping folks with problems and demons in His Name is a Lawless Work, then Jesus doesn't know very many "Christians" does He.
But these are people he rejected as never knowing them.

I never said doing such things in Christs name was lawless works.
And I sure hope you are saying I am saying this.
I'm trying to address the verses of those who were rejected who claimed casting out demons and prophesying but were rejected.

That's why I asked the questions.

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
How about a man who claims to be filled with the spirit of God, who goes in a great building, built in His Name and preaches in His name, but secretly turns around and molests little boys and girls in his free time.

Could this be an example of "Lawless works" according to the Word of God which became Flesh?

How about a man who claims to be saved by the Blood of Jesus, but uses tithes that poor widows give to his church to enrich himself and his family. In your religion, would this be considered "Lawlessness"?
Yes it would.

Is that the same in your religion?

Studyman

Oct 11, 2017
If you look at that passage the people were using their works as proof of following Jesus. A true Christian would use grace through faith in Jesus instead. Christians know works doesn't save.
Yes, I am guilty of lawlessness, nothing I can do will erase that fact. Only Jesus can remove my lawlessness. I never said anything different.

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
How about building great churches in His Name with Glass ceilings, and marble floors all in His Name, but setting up images of God in the likeness of fire, or fish, or a long haired playgirl centerfold, naked and bleeding with Christ's name on it? Would this be considered "Lawlessness" in your religion?
The above is not the Jesus I follow but you seem so focused on everyone who disagrees with you follows such a Jesus.

Is that what your religion teaches you to say to people who disagree with you?
The above is actually pretty insulting.

"Long haired playgirl centrefold naked"

I hope your religion does not put pictures on the tracts that you are given to memorise and hand out.

ljs

Jan 13, 2018
I don't understand this. I seriously don't.

Why is it so difficult for some Christians to accept that salvation is a gift that cannot to earned or maintained by our works? To do so destroys the very notion it is a gift.

To say one "must" or "will" do good works after salvation to somehow "prove" one is really saved is adding to the simple gospel message of only "believe".

No one has ever been able to give a concrete answer as to how many good works are required to "show" one is truly saved. For some, a few good works are fine as long as there is a "patten" of growth. For others, it's constant toil from sunup until sundown, while begging God for forgiveness for the slightest infraction.

Begging forgiveness for sins that have already been forgiven over 2,000 years ago!

No one has to prove anything. If one, at an instant in time, believed the offer from Jesus to grant eternal life to anyone who would take Him at His word in faith, they are saved from that moment forever, and can never be lost.

No matter what they do afterward.

Once again, no matter what they do afterward.

And yes, I'm one of those Christians who believe you don't have to promise to stop sinning, you don't have to read the Bible, you don't have to go to church or even share the gospel to "stay" or "prove" you're saved. God doesn't destroy a person's free will after they become Christians. They can still choose to sin - and do - every single day, and remain just as saved, just as righteous, and just as holy as the most devout Christian that ever walked the earth.

How?

Because we have imputed righteousness, holiness, and sinlessness from Jesus Himself - as His gift - with no strings attached.

Yet, our desires do change. We don't look at sin the way we did when we were unsaved. We have the yearning to live as we ought, but acting or not acting on those desires doesn't change our citizenship in heaven.

Jesus promised - and that's good enough for me.
Amen to that !!!!! That is the truth !!!

Most wont accept it tho , because they cant understand how they may be saved and doing all kinds of wonderful works , and yet that other saved person isnt , well how can that be they ask ? LOOK at me , and all I am doing and they aren't , they cant possible be saved like me .... sound familiar ?

They lack understanding of imputed righteousness as you said

Studyman

Oct 11, 2017
The above is not the Jesus I follow but you seem so focused on everyone who disagrees with you follows such a Jesus.

Is that what your religion teaches you to say to people who disagree with you?
The above is actually pretty insulting.

"Long haired playgirl centrefold naked"

I hope your religion does not put pictures on the tracts that you are given to memorise and hand out.
Matt. 15:
7 Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying,
8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.

9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

John 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Yes, I suppose these Word's were insulting. And those who were offended by them worked to silence Him forever. But I think His intent was to shame them into considering their religion and how it insulted the God they claimed to serve while they were still alive and able to repent and turn to the God of the Bible.

Those in Matt. 7 waited to long to give God the respect He deserves and demands. It is God's Word which exposes the religious traditions of this land who promote their "lawless" practice. He did say to "Come out of her" Billy. Do you believe this is addressing a religion which strives to "Walk even as He walked, or a religion which "practices" the Lawlessness you and I both know exists in mainstream religions of the world today.

YDo

Dec 9, 2018
It does not get any plainer..........Our righteous works have ZERO to do with Salvation!

English Standard Version
he saved us, not because of works done by us in righteousness, but according to his own mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewal of the Holy Spirit,

Berean Study Bible
He saved us, not by the righteous deeds we had done, but according to His mercy, through the washing of new birth and renewal by the Holy Spirit.

Berean Literal Bible
He saved us, not by works in righteousness that we did, but according to His mercy, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit,

New American Standard Bible
He saved us, not on the basis of deeds which we have done in righteousness, but according to His mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewing by the Holy Spirit,

King James Bible
Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
Guy, you've got nearly four thousand pages hoping to prove it isn't easy at all.

Everybody wants God to comport to the image and likeness they can get along with. Some people have the temerity to think they have to help God fulfill his promise.
In the end we could all be wrong and God sits there at our judgment asking one question before letting us in to a members only gated community. What did you learn?