Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
U

UnderGrace

Of course it would be ...smh.... According to some Jesus did not finish the job, we need to put in our share and gift it to God as well.

Emulating Jesus is not salvation....but it is Catholic theology and a few other similar churches

E

eternally-gratefull

Jesus is an internal reality, not an external model of good behaviour.

Are you so offended that your good works count for nothing towards your salvation?

Interesting.

We are in fellowship with Him, we are partakers of His divine essence, we yield to Him within us. We are His Workmanship, He is doing the molding, you on the other hand are trying to fashion yourself into being like Him by following for salvation!!!!

We live in Him and He in Us. There are no good works apart from this life of fellowship and what we do is to be His presence in this world, in real time

"Following" in your theology is for salvation..... you cannot follow Jesus for salvation.

For salvation we are called to believe the Gospel, the precursor to faith
I am not sure who your talking to, i think i know. But the pharisee killed christ because they were offended that jesus sad their work could do othing to save them. Thats why the religious legalist hates grace.

Dec 12, 2013
I think some people need to meditate on " dead in our trespasses and sins, made alive in Christ Jesus."

notice- made alive. not will be made alive if..........
If I have learned one thing it is the "precise" application of each and every word....God does not mince words if salvation was temporal based upon performance he would have stated it and NOT used everlasting and or eternal life....His gifts and calling is irrevocable and his ability to keep us secure with out life HID within Christ is sure.....

U

UnderGrace

Wow, rosemary came out swinging! You go sis!!! :D
AMEN!! When you know truth, you are spurred on to defend truth, each word resonates with the other believers in the audience.
A beautiful thing!

We are the people that are persuaded!!

"Persuaded" one of the meanings of obey :)

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
So are you obeying God by lying every day , coming into CC under a new name ?...Liars will not inherit the Kingdom of God...You are practicing lying , why should anyone want to trust a liar...It would of been better for you to have stayed away until the ban was up , now I cannot trust you in anything you say because you are showing yourself as false and it is not nice...

Dec 12, 2013
You keep saying that we believe with our mind...
That's what even the demons did.
Do you mean that we believe with our heart?

Romans 10:10
10For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved.
Wrong........the demons did not have saving faith...and James is addressing a mere belief in GOD, not believing and trusting into Christ as our savior....and the heart is the seat of intellect.....the organ that pumps blood has no cognitive ability....we make decisions with our MIND................

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
You can spin it how you want MMD.
If we do not obey the Son...
it means we do not believe the Son.

If we believed the Son...
we would obey the Son.

Simple.
No need to write pages.
No spin on my part. To "not obey the Son" by "refusing to believe in the Son" (John 3:36) would describe an unbeliever. *Also compare with John 3:18 - "He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already.." Nothing about a lack of obedience/works being the cause of condemnation there either. You continue to spin John 3:36 in your effort to support salvation by works.

GodsGrace101

Sep 14, 2018
Wrong........the demons did not have saving faith...and James is addressing a mere belief in GOD, not believing and trusting into Christ as our savior....and the heart is the seat of intellect.....the organ that pumps blood has no cognitive ability....we make decisions with our MIND................
So you don't agree with Romans 10:10?
Romans 10:10
10For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved.

must go.

E

eternally-gratefull

AMEN!! When you know truth, you are spurred on to defend truth, each word resonates with the other believers in the audience.
A beautiful thing!

We are the people that are persuaded!!

"Persuaded" one of the meanings of obey :)
Whats amazing is she repented, because she did not believe this when we first met her, but she was open to truth, prayed hard and had God open her eyes, so when we see her talk, it just feels so good!!!

Dec 12, 2013
I just want to say , it is heavy on my heart that the horrific death of our LORD and Savior was not enough for some who think that through all His promises to those who believe turn and think they have to do more...
How is it that God leads us to His beautiful truth , who gives us assurance that we are saved by His grace , by faith which is a gift from Him who also grows our faith as we grow in Him...
I believe some are so busy digging their rabbit holes that they have taken their eyes of Jesus , just take what God said , We are saved by grace through faith , not by works lest anyone boast , and from there we grow , Jesus is our teacher , He teaches us everyday , I just don`t get how people see different from this...xox...
AMEN Rose.......If Jesus is not enough and he cannot keep us saved we are all in trouble........

Dec 12, 2013
Made alive
IN CHRIST....
You should do a complete,, thorough study on the Greek word translated IN as well as...

irrevocable
sealed
incorruptible
kept
eternal
everlasting
never
justified

Just to name a few...........and without the preconceived bias that rejects the absolute truth of the words above.....

Dec 12, 2013
Yes, I think they are called false teachers in scripture, what do they do, they want to strip believers of the joy and peace we have in Jesus.
And turn the grace of God into a sweat shop of works with no real hope and akin to a street organ player offering his dancing monkey for coin in Calcutta.....Jump through enough hoops and MAYBE you make it......that is not what the bible teaches.....

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
Fran...You say we can lose our Salvation when we disobey God , yet you are here now under a new name that got back you back in , are you not disobeying God by lying , are you unsaved then every time you come in here , is it only right that I should call you a liar and deceiver , you go on about obeying God , yet you follow the devil , who Jesus said Himself is the father of lies , so who`s master are you under ? You cannot mix darkness with light , the two do not go , but the light will always put the darkness out...
When we met in the beginning before you were banned , you were different , or maybe I just did not see what others saw , but I have grown in Christ now , and I can see that you do have a false Gospel , I will pray for you...xox...

Dec 12, 2013
Absolutely, we need to guard our hearts, been there, listened to the wrong people, it will play havoc with your spiritual walk!
In light of all the scripture, verb tense, promises, power of God.....I absolutely stand perplexed that anyone can believe that they must help JESUS keep themselves saved and or lose that which is irrevocably and eternally given as a GIFT..............