Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Goodnewsman

Jan 4, 2016
I can tell, you do not know the foggiest about OSAS, only what you have been told. The above is a LOT OF INFO that YOU DID NOT KNOW about OSAS, and I hope you are honest enough to admit you did not know there was so much BIBLICAL support for the Once Saved Always Position. No I do not think you are going to change your Position. However, I ask that YOU stop peddling the LIES that you have been taught about OSAS. One more verse, the ICING on the Cake:

Philippians 1:6 (ESV)
6 And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.
you are most certainly are wrong. i have spent several years studying and preaching God's word. i started our little church in my living room a few years ago.......i am currently looking for our second building because we have outgrown our current building. We dont have a real big church (75 or so who come sunday morn, sunday night, wed. night and everynight of revivals)

75 percent of our church is people from local baptist church's we have rescued with home bible studies teaching them the truth. i have to be honest, they make some very faithful christian's once they are enlightened

Goodnewsman

Jan 4, 2016
That is one of the most idiotic conclusions I have seen in my 52 years.............
dcon, i'm convinced you did not get this dumb on your own. you had to have help getting this ignorant.

is that how you win your arguments? by dismissing what people say as idiotic?

Goodnewsman

Jan 4, 2016
Ezekiel 13:22 (KJV)
22 Because with lies ye have made the heart of the righteous sad, whom I have not made sad; and strengthened the hands of the wicked, that he should not return from his wicked way, by promising him life:

OSAS has strengthened the hands of the wicked, that he should not return from his wicked way, by promising him life:

Argueless

Oct 21, 2018
dcon, i'm convinced you did not get this dumb on your own. you had to have help getting this ignorant.

is that how you win your arguments? by dismissing what people say as idiotic?
This is a very clear indication what the intention of this thread really is. Calling names and insulting other people's view is so disrespectful and unChristian. I would not report this to the mods as they usually do to those who disagrees with them but i would rather let the mods decide for themselves if this is acceptable in this Christian forum.

...“You have heard that it was said to the people long ago, ‘Do not murder, and anyone who murders will be subject to judgment.’ But I tell you that anyone who is angry with his brother will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to his brother, ‘Raca,’ is answerable to the Sanhedrin. But anyone who says, ‘You fool!’ will be in danger of the fire of hell.
Matthew 5:21-22

...And the Lord’s servant must not quarrel; instead, he must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful. Those who oppose him he must gently instruct, in the hope that God will grant them repentance leading them to a knowledge of the truth, and that they will come to their senses and escape from the trap of the devil, who has taken them captive to do his will. 2 timothy 2:24-26

unclesilas

Feb 6, 2019
Paul is not wrong, hour interpretation of him his

Jesus and john were clear, all sin will be forgiven and a child of god can not live in sin.

You deny these facts, thus you claim both of them liars, period
Your understanding is appalling, as proved by your interpretation of mark3:28, and your inability to address Gal5:19-21. As your understanding is so lacking you throw out wild and immature statements as you do.

So on the one hand you appear to claim Jesus was meaning if you live a sinfull lifestyle you are forgiven for that is what he states in Mark3:28, he is not referrinmg to individual sin, yet you then say John states Christians cannot live a sinfull lifestyle. Then you have to ignore what Galatians5:19-21 plainly states. Hopeless really, bye

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
84,611 posts on this thread + this one. Comprehension and dialectics vary among us. Interpretation and understanding differ among us. If I were to commit suicide would I lose my life? I say no! I threw it away. I'd rather ask can a person throw away their Salvation? Were they ever really saved? If they didn't commit blasphemy of the Holy Spirit can it be regained as if the lack of good decisions never really happened? I think these questions would be more productive for a while.

unclesilas

Feb 6, 2019
84,611 posts on this thread + this one. Comprehension and dialectics vary among us. Interpretation and understanding differ among us. If I were to commit suicide would I lose my life? I say no! I threw it away. I'd rather ask can a person throw away their Salvation? Were they ever really saved? If they didn't commit blasphemy of the Holy Spirit can it be regained as if the lack of good decisions never really happened? I think these questions would be more productive for a while.
How about this question. If a person made a commitment to Christ, but did not firstly count the cost involved(Luke ch14 for example) would God still place them in a saved state?

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
you are most certainly are wrong. i have spent several years studying and preaching God's word. i started our little church in my living room a few years ago.......i am currently looking for our second building because we have outgrown our current building. We dont have a real big church (75 or so who come sunday morn, sunday night, wed. night and everynight of revivals)

75 percent of our church is people from local baptist church's we have rescued with home bible studies teaching them the truth. i have to be honest, they make some very faithful christian's once they are enlightened

Then Could You have been deceived into believing the LIES about OSAS. WE believe that You are SAVED before the Beginning of TIME. THEN after you have RECEIVED HIM as LORD, meaning MASTER, YOU WILL walk in Obedience as an act of LOVE, including Confessing and Repenting Each new Sin you discover in your WALK. SO Did you TEACH unwittingly the falsehood that OSAS Believers supposedly believe they can do what ever they want after they are Saved ? ? ? IF SO, HOW COME ? ? ? I suspect THAT LIE IS WHAT YOU WANTED TO BELIEVE ABOUT US, without RESEARCHING the FACTS. I have been involve a NUMBER of OSAS Churches, because we MOVED A LOT when we were younger, I turn 70 in a couple weeks. And NOT ONE of those Churches since I was Born Again the Last week of 1977, that I have been involved with, taught anything less than after we are SAVED, we should Walk in OBEDIENCE out of LOVE FOR HIM. NO, IT IS NOT PART OF SALVATION, BUT IT IS PART OF OUR LOVE FOR HIM, that actually spawns from GOD's LOVE that was poured into our HEARTS, by the HOLY SPIRIT, Rom. 5:5.

2 Timothy 1:9 (HCSB)
9 He has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace, which was given to us in Christ Jesus before time began.

JasperJr

Feb 11, 2019
Seattle, WA
I find it amazing, that God said he saved us when we were at our worse. that people think AFTER we have been adopted as a child of God, Given the HS who helps giude us, and chastens us, that we can become WORSE that we were BEFORE we were saved.

That seem to be an impossible task. It basically says GOD totally failed in growing us, they even with his inluence and power. we went backward, NOT FORWARD.
I can't tell if you mean Christ or YHWH when you say God in all caps, but that while fail 'us' thing is absolutely impossible vis a vis human perspective... It's Christ that fears failing YHWH and the Host, but imho the other part is simply you fearing failure in the same way Christ does and lashing out at your God... Anger and/or denial are typically secondary to fear or belief of failure in souled creatures....

JasperJr

Feb 11, 2019
Seattle, WA
I can't tell if you mean Christ or YHWH when you say God in all caps, but that while fail 'us' thing is absolutely impossible vis a vis human perspective... It's Christ that fears failing YHWH and the Host, but imho the other part is simply you fearing failure in the same way Christ does and lashing out at your God... Anger and/or denial are typically secondary to fear or belief of failure in souled creatures....
But I could be reading it wrong, I'm highly Autistic and naturally intersex, I have a hard time understanding even intersexed people much less males or females sometimes...

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
How about this question. If a person made a commitment to Christ, but did not firstly count the cost involved(Luke ch14 for example) would God still place them in a saved state?
GOD KNOWS EVERYTHING, Including those who would not count the cost involved, and every decision one would make, before the beginning of time.

Perhaps you can find your answer in this verses:

1 Corinthians 3:12-15 (ESV)
12 Now if anyone builds on the foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw—
13 each one’s work will become manifest, for the Day will disclose it, because it will be revealed by fire, and the fire will test what sort of work each one has done.
14 If the work that anyone has built on the foundation survives, he will receive a reward.
15 If anyone’s work is burned up, he will suffer loss, though he himself will be saved, but only as through fire.

1 Chronicles 28:9 (ESV)
9 “And you, Solomon my son, know the God of your father and serve him with a whole heart and with a willing mind, for the LORD searches all hearts and understands every plan and thought. If you seek him, he will be found by you, but if you forsake him, he will cast you off forever.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
How many of us do that? I certainly didn't know the price but the Lord helped me anyway. Does Idolatry and astrology equate with adultery when we cheat on God? I think so. Is adultery forgivable? Yes!

unclesilas

Feb 6, 2019
GOD KNOWS EVERYTHING, Including those who would not count the cost involved, and every decision one would make, before the beginning of time.

Perhaps you can find your answer in this verses:

1 Corinthians 3:12-15 (ESV)
12 Now if anyone builds on the foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw—
13 each one’s work will become manifest, for the Day will disclose it, because it will be revealed by fire, and the fire will test what sort of work each one has done.
14 If the work that anyone has built on the foundation survives, he will receive a reward.
15 If anyone’s work is burned up, he will suffer loss, though he himself will be saved, but only as through fire.

1 Chronicles 28:9 (ESV)
9 “And you, Solomon my son, know the God of your father and serve him with a whole heart and with a willing mind, for the LORD searches all hearts and understands every plan and thought. If you seek him, he will be found by you, but if you forsake him, he will cast you off forever.
can you not answer the question with a simple yes or no, is that too hard to do?

unclesilas

Feb 6, 2019
How many of us do that? I certainly didn't know the price but the Lord helped me anyway. Does Idolatry and astrology equate with adultery when we cheat on God? I think so. Is adultery forgivable? Yes!
This is not aimed at you, from a previous response of yours I would consider you one of the more mature people on this website.
If the answer to my question is yes, scripture very quickly starts to fall into line much better. Though for some, it would negate their cosy beliefs. If you say you believe in osas, or you say you do not, you are going to find scripture that opposes your belief either way. And you are going to have to do sommersaults with part of the written word to justify your view.
If God knows those who are truly his, for he knows they have counted the cost(the believer is called to surrender their life to Christ) but at the same time he will place a person in a saved state because they made a commitment to his Son, even though, he being all knowing knows it was not the commitment required to last, you are not left with having to contradict scripture with your particular view on the subject. Those who counted the cost will never be lost, those who did not and only made a shallow commitment can be lost
In saying that, the bible is a big book and I am quite sure someone will find a scripture if they so choose to oppose what I have written. But at least I do not have to ignore very plain scripture, which I would have to do if I chose one hard and fast rule over the other