Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 12, 2013
Are you actually saying you don't sin by either thought, word, or deed every day?
There is not a just an upon the earth that does good and sins not......

The problem is simple....these workers for and salvation losers will qualify and quantify sin....if it is not one of the BIG SINS they really don't sin....they just make mistakes or slip up.....the bible is clear.....break the least of the commandments makes one guilty of the whole....but hey....what can you expect from one that HELPS JESUS keep themselves saved.........

E

eternally-gratefull

I get the impression Budman expects to fail and has just accepted failure because his
view is victory is impossible and a delusion of the enemy.

To him who overcomes and does my will to the end, I will give authority over the nations--
'He will rule them with an iron scepter; he will dash them to pieces like pottery'--
just as I have received authority from my Father. I will also give him the morning star.
Rev 2:26-28
You do not know budman, or understand him at all

Stop assuming you know and listen to what he is trying to tell you

Dec 12, 2013
I agree with everything you said....I do the same thing.....I don't make excuses for my sin either.... when the Holy ghost concvicts me I confess my sin and he is faithful and just to forgive us!!!

Amen!!! big time to your little girl and spending time with her....it's so easy take the ones we love for granted..

October 4 2018 my teenage daughter and 9 yr old son was in a head on collision on there way to school, I was working out of town over 2 hrs away when cop called my cellphone. One of the worst days of my life. I got lost 3 times trying to get to the hospital.....long story both was hurt very bad....cop told me when he pulled up he wasn't expecting anyone to be alive but when both came to they held hands and prayed.......just a few weeks ago they both got off thier walkers and walked for the first time........praise God

Spend time with them, tell them you love them every chance you get.....wow didn't mean to say all that.....what was we talking about. LOL
AMEN..........to that one

Dec 12, 2013
If you think you can do it 24/7 and never for even one minute think of self you are decieved.

As jesus said, only God is good

Maybe we just found the root issue in your belief system
I know hey.....even JESUS said, why do you call me good........there is none good but GOD........HE knew that there is not a just man upon the earth that does good and sins not.....

Dec 12, 2013
My point being Goodnewsman is claiming he's doing even better than the Apostle Paul did.
They all do............Like the guy I ran into in 1990 in Mc Cracks...he had a marker and was marking out every place in the bible that spoke of sin.....I asked him what he was doing....HE said....these do not apply to me any more I quit sinning and never sin any more........WOW..........!!

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
They all do............Like the guy I ran into in 1990 in Mc Cracks...he had a marker and was marking out every place in the bible that spoke of sin.....I asked him what he was doing....HE said....these do not apply to me any more I quit sinning and never sin any more........WOW..........!!
What a trooper. :D

I look at all those verses and go "Oy vey! I got to work on that!"

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
Don't address me if you cannot be honest.....Jesus called JUDAS so scripture could be fulfilled......and the devil's preachers fill the pulpits every time the doors are open in many so called churches...........!!
I just read the account in John. Satan put it in the mind of Judas to betray Jesus before Passover. He entered him when Jesus handed the bread to him.

But, he loved money before that. The root of all evil.

I just heard a chilling message. Would we take the mark of the beast for our little ones to be fed?

I say no more.

Dec 12, 2013
If you don't mind me saying so a believer can live like he is in the world.
But that does not mean he is happy with it.

I have learned from my own experiences as such a person.
Written off by many people.

But thank God he chose people to come alongside me and find out what was going on, then discipled me.

I now do the same with others.

So for me I would doubt if they were saved if they said "It does not matter what I do I'm still saved"

I would then go through Romans 5-6.
If they reject it then I would doubt.
Tell them I can't help them but am around if they change their minds.

What really infuriates me and breaks my heart is that believers just look at the outside with no regards to what is in a person's heart.

They judge and say stupid things like "Just stop it"

There is always a cause of the effect.
Unless we are willing to come alongside and find the cause then we are no better than the Pharisees.
I agree with this because the Corinthian church was yet carnal and worldly and needed to be corrected....yet they were still saved and identified as a New Testament Church........JESUS also speaks to being "weighed down" by surfeiting and drunkenness and numerous verses speak to the reality of worldly carnal believers that are saved, but not yet transformed.....

E

eternally-gratefull

Hard to believe those pushing this OSAS false security will tell you that Judas was never saved even though Jesus called him preach
Hard to believe?

Whats hard to believe is you force him to be a believer when the bible states he was not so you can validate your works based gospel and can conti ue to reject grace

Dec 12, 2013
I just read the account in John. Satan put it in the mind of Judas to betray Jesus before Passover. He entered him when Jesus handed the bread to him.

But, he loved money before that. The root of all evil.

I just heard a chilling message. Would we take the mark of the beast for our little ones to be fed?

I say no more.
NO way........God will give all true believers grace to deal with what ever comes our way.......and I can tell ya.....I have believed for 27 years that the saved will endure the Great Tribulation period and wise men see evil coming and prepare for it...........

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
I agree with everything you said....I do the same thing.....I don't make excuses for my sin either.... when the Holy ghost concvicts me I confess my sin and he is faithful and just to forgive us!!!

Amen!!! big time to your little girl and spending time with her....it's so easy take the ones we love for granted..

October 4 2018 my teenage daughter and 9 yr old son was in a head on collision on there way to school, I was working out of town over 2 hrs away when cop called my cellphone. One of the worst days of my life. I got lost 3 times trying to get to the hospital.....long story both was hurt very bad....cop told me when he pulled up he wasn't expecting anyone to be alive but when both came to they held hands and prayed.......just a few weeks ago they both got off thier walkers and walked for the first time........praise God

Spend time with them, tell them you love them every chance you get.....wow didn't mean to say all that.....what was we talking about. LOL
This 51 year old man is in need tears here.
Say all you want, open up all you want.
When we do then we get to know the person.

Thank you God that Goodnewsman's children did not die in this collision.
Thank you that they off thier walkers, and that Goodnewsman can walk with them.

We praise you and thank you.
Your mercies are new every morning and great is your faithfulness towards us.

We have 4 kids.

Jack 21, Katie 19, Lucy soon to be 17 and Emma who is 15 but sometimes acts like 21, and 5.

They are all believers.
I am so thankful for that.
I love them play on the piano and using that gift to praise God.

Emma joins my wife and I when we pray.
Boy she prays really spirit filled prayers.

Anyway I have gone on a bit, but do you know what?

If God said to me tonight when I went to bed "You are coming home tonight" I would die a happy man. Because I know my 4 kids have placed thier faith in Jesus.

The first thing I did when all were born was to lift them up to the Father.

E

eternally-gratefull

Thanks for giving me your opinion not addressing the scripture. Does the Bible tell us to do something we could not possibly do?
Thanks for giving me your opinion instead of adressing facts.

No, but as john said, he who says hw is without sin decieves himself. John speaks in the present tense.

But like i said, if you have no desire to learn what true sin is, i cant help you nor can anyone else

Dec 12, 2013
Hard to believe?

Whats hard to believe is you force him to be a believer when the bible states he was not so you can validate your works based gospel and can conti ue to reject grace
AMEN this right here is the truth.......

a. IS a devil
b. The son of perdition
c. Thief holding the bag
d. No true repentance

He was a lost religious man..........nothing more,nothing less

E

eternally-gratefull

Hi forum, news update; "Kapow!" -- "God is Faithful", last Thursday I went to the ER, had emergency surgery and Praise Jesus I am now home and doing well, always trust in the Lord no matter what your circumstance and Praise His Name always.

Love to read your insightful posts -- I will jump back in the discussion when God permits,

Psalm 145:21
My mouth will speak in praise of the LORD. Let every creature praise his holy name for ever and ever

Wb brother, and God bless, praying for a speedy recovery

E

eternally-gratefull

You are absolutely right.....there is a way that seems right but the end thereof are the ways of death
Legalism seems right, because it feeds human nature.

But it leads to death.

Grace theough faith does not seem right, it seems cheap and to easy. And is against human nature, who wants to earn their own forgiveness, But it leads to life

Straight and narrow is the gate, look at all religions, even in the christian faith, very few believe salvation us but by the mercy of God, and can not even be maintained by any work a person does or does not do. Which is why so few buy i to it

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
I agree with this because the Corinthian church was yet carnal and worldly and needed to be corrected....yet they were still saved and identified as a New Testament Church........JESUS also speaks to being "weighed down" by surfeiting and drunkenness and numerous verses speak to the reality of worldly carnal believers that are saved, but not yet transformed.....
It's so easy to for forget or neglect

Psalms 103:6-14
6 The Lord executes righteousness
And justice for all who are oppressed.
7 He made known His ways to Moses,
His acts to the children of Israel.
8 The Lord is merciful and gracious,
Slow to anger, and abounding in mercy.
9 He will not always strive with us,
Nor will He keep His anger forever.
10 He has not dealt with us according to our sins,
Nor punished us according to our iniquities.
11 For as the heavens are high above the earth,
So great is His mercy toward those who fear Him;
12 As far as the east is from the west,
So far has He removed our transgressions from us.
13 As a father pities his children,
So the Lord pities those who fear Him.
14 For He knows our frame;
He remembers that we are dust.

E

eternally-gratefull

Serious question.

How do you know if you don't?

I myself when I confess my sin before God always ask "Reveal to me any sin that I have committed that I'm not aware off"

A real eye opener when you do that, the Holy Spirit looks at your whole day and reveals stuff.

A simple example being my daughter wants to talk about something but I say no because I'm typing on this site.

Don't do it anymore.
She is more important than this site.
Amen,

If we saw ourself in His eyes, we would be horrified at how sinful we really are.

Even daniel and the apostle,john fell face first unable to look because of what they knew, daniel confessed his sins, yet we are told of no sins daniel ever commited, only that he walked righteous.

E

eternally-gratefull

That may be the case and may not be.

But the truth is that if a believer is stuck in a sin habit they are stuck in it.
They call out to God "Please release me, I need help, why do I do this, I don't want to do this"

So yes belivers do actually expect to fail, and let's be honest if it's a pattern then we expect the pattern to continue and victory seems impossible for some.

But we know in our hearts that it is not impossible.

Jesus calls the sinners, the dirty, the abused, the alcoholics, the drud addicts, the worthless, the needy, the depressed people the outcasts and so on.

The list could go on.

But you know what? "WE SHOULD WELCOME THEM IN OUR CHURCH"

They are prisoners to the world, to their thoughts, to their life experiences which has battered them.

Such people accept they will fail, even if they do not want to.

So we disiple them. Look for the cause of the effect.

There is no point in telling them that you are saved by grace unto good works.
But revealing to them that God will work good in all things that has happened to them.

Just like me who was sexually abused, it was not good but God worked good in it.
Now I walk with those who it has happened to.
Walk with them how they cope with it.
Deal with those issues.
Then when we have dealt with it and healing comes I can quote Ephesians and say
"Now walk in the good works God has called you to do"

After all how could we in this day walk with someone if we have not walked the walk?
Thats why it amazes me when people judge others, god said to remove the plank out of our eye for a reason, again, most of us have no clue how deep of sin we are in.