Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

VCO

Oct 14, 2013

You almost had it right, but I am glad you agreed. I just had to IGNORE one by the name of YourTruthGod. We have caught him in All Kinds of Major Contradictions of WHAT GOD HAS SAID, so your little common misinterpretation is a very minor one. I gave him a multitude of chances, not just two, like Paul had said:

Titus 3:9-11 (HCSB)
9 But avoid foolish debates, genealogies, quarrels, and disputes about the law, for they are unprofitable and worthless.
10 Reject a divisive person after a first and second warning,
11 knowing that such a person is perverted and sins, being self-condemned.

I gave him more chances, because I thought he was getting close to coming to the Knowledge of the Truth. But I finally had to put him on my IGNORE LIST to not continue to give him additional opportunities to slander the TRUTH. So watch out for him, he is always twisting the Truth trying to make it fit his FALSE DOCTRINES.

By the WAY, welcome aboard this THREAD, that was started by dcontroversal. Most of the regulars here are pretty good eggs, and you will find them interesting to discuss the Bible with.

Dec 12, 2013
3 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.

4 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.

5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

6 Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,

7 Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.

8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

9 Cometh this blessedness then upon the circumcision only, or upon the uncircumcision also? for we say that faith was reckoned to Abraham for righteousness.

10 How was it then reckoned? when he was in circumcision, or in uncircumcision? Not in circumcision, but in uncircumcision.

11 And he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had yet being uncircumcised: that he might be the father of all them that believe, though they be not circumcised; that righteousness might be imputed unto them also:

12 And the father of circumcision to them who are not of the circumcision only, but who also walk in the steps of that faith of our father Abraham, which he had being yet uncircumcised.
Amen....his drivel and working for self imposed revelation = no understanding....just more cainology and false religion

Dec 12, 2013
Abraham HAD to OBEY God.

OBEYING GOD OR NOT OBEYING GOD IS NOT the issue!

Because EVERYONE is supposed to obey God!

The issue about Abraham's faith is NOT faith vs obedience---it is faith vs the the purification work called circumcision.
Hahhaha hahhaha another statement of ignorance....wow man.....you don't much hey

Dec 12, 2013
This is what I say to you. You are making up your own doctrine. A foolish thing to do.
Yep...he already lied and claimed special revelation and said he can do enough good to be saved....also lying about being here under a different name which he gave away yesterday when he referenced this thread in a past tense application that someone new would not say.....he has already made the ignore list of several people for his foolishness

E

eternally-gratefull

And thats what im saying. Not sure if you can "sin" by disobeying some phony rules on an internet forum. BUT lets assume the verse in Peter applies to forums as well, the one where it says obey all ordinances of man etc:

Isnt the whole gimmick here that everyone is a sinner, everyone sins daily in thought word and deed?

Thats why im saying: Why is it a big deal to you guys that its a sin, when you also at the same time say everyone is sinning daily? Its just one sin amongst the many. What about second chances and stuff?
Thats like me being banned from a building because I did something which was against the rules. So i change my name so I can get it.

Or on the other hand, I go to the bar every night, and get drunk as a skunk, drive him impaired (its only a mile away) and every night am blessed that I have not killed anyone, then go to church and preach hellfire and brimstone and how everyojne should be holy!!

Its called hypocrisy

E

eternally-gratefull

I think our “works”, (the desire to do good) is an outward result and manifestation of our salvation.
Amen sis, I like to see it as out off appreciation for what God did for us, a term called gratitude. And the power of Gods love in and through us

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
There is a lot a risk
Because all sites go dead without truth speakers. I have been on many sites and know this.
Looks like you are acknowledging that I am right.
Whether you agree with YTG or not, if truth is not the objective, everything else is lost.

Which is more important, being open and loving or identifying who has the "right" doctrine?
Groups who focus on the right doctrine over openness and loving do not last long.
Our relationship with God is supreme, and our walk comes next.
Out of these, two things flows, the Holy Spirit and life.

There are many reasons for coming to a thread and participating. For me it is just to witness
and share and then understand my brothers and sisters and love my enemies.

Clearly the line here is largely in favour of we are "safe" and dare not anyone upset our cosy
feeling, because they must be the enemy.

I think I have understood the basic precepts and emotional heart reasons for ending up here,
and why there is consternation at my not just accepting the obvious reality we are lost sinners
pointing only to Jesus. My breast plate of righteousness and shield of faith work very well.

I am sure if I return, the same people will be doing largely the same things and swinging the
sword lol. And this is probably the point. If Christ called us to stay frozen here is this mode
of life, heaven will be a very strange place.

God bless

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
You stupid, you stupid, you stupid. Liar, liar, liar, liar.
Unfortunately this is dcon's tactic.
It tests the principle of turning the other cheek.

Those who stay here continually love his approach and this polarisation view of faith.
The enemy over there, a me fighting as a warrior against the hordes.

He even uses this imagery. But the failure is people like this will always create these
images and not know why they are failing or the gospel is so much more than this,
a message to the heart, of love, resolution, victory and overcoming.

And once you end up in this fighting mindset, you will probably never get out of it.
But it belongs to the conspiracy theorist, the world is doomed, go to the bunker, we must
hide world view, normally well armed to defend their rights.

So one has to let it go. It is not our fight, and dcon can win in his own imagination, which
is why he is here and not evangelising on the streets or stuck into a church and living
community of believers. And if you want to find spiritual reality, start by learning to love
your neighbour and your brothers and sisters in Christ who you actually know.

E

eternally-gratefull

The promise to Abraham was before he did anything. AND before he was circumcised
Yes, And he was declaired righteous many years before he offered his son. True faith will work. Thus works will follow true faith.

Mere belief will hesitate if it works at all.. If your not trusting the one you are following. You will be a follower in kind only (as james said, they were hearers of the word only not doers)

E

eternally-gratefull

Well there goes mr holier than though again with his attacks against other people.. One must wonder why he is here and not out witnessingn in the streets. (He has been here more than DCON lately)

Talk about a hypocrite!

miknik5

Jun 2, 2016
Abraham HAD to OBEY God.

OBEYING GOD OR NOT OBEYING GOD IS NOT the issue!

Because EVERYONE is supposed to obey God!

The issue about Abraham's faith is NOT faith vs obedience---it is faith vs the the purification work called circumcision.
It’s actually about the PROMISE

11And he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had yet being uncircumcised: that he might be the father of all them that believe, though they be not circumcised; that righteousness might be imputed unto them also: 12And the father of circumcision to them who are not of the circumcision only, but who also walk in the steps of that faith of our father Abraham, which he had being yetuncircumcised.

It was an outward sign of the covenant which was based wholly on God’s promise

Further, it’s the TRUE BAPTISM that washes, purified, cleans

Not circumcision

If what you are saying were true, then romans 4 would be in error.

But Romans 4 clearly says that Abraham is the father of both.

And the promise, which cane before circumcision, was clearly God’s declaration that Abraham would be the father of many nations

miknik5

Jun 2, 2016
Yes, And he was declaired righteous many years before he offered his son. True faith will work. Thus works will follow true faith.

Mere belief will hesitate if it works at all.. If your not trusting the one you are following. You will be a follower in kind only (as james said, they were hearers of the word only not doers)
James also dealt with those who ahould have done what was in their ability to do ( when the situation presented itself) but didn’t always do it.

miknik5

Jun 2, 2016
Please forgive me, I have only been back after a long absence and I see that there is 4738 pages and I think my past two responses regarding Abraham and the promise was from a post from maybe even the first page!!

E

eternally-gratefull

James also dealt with those who ahould have done what was in their ability to do ( when the situation presented itself) but didn’t always do it.
yes, His whole letter is an attempt to get people to test their own faith, their patence, to take a look inside. Am I hearer only. Do I lack patience, Do I lack wisdom.

Its sad that people have twisted james to mean things james never even thought ot when he wrote his wonderful letter

E

eternally-gratefull

Please forgive me, I have only been back after a long absence and I see that there is 4738 pages and I think my past two responses regarding Abraham and the promise was from a post from maybe even the first page!!
Its ok.. We welcome you and any wisdom you may bring us, share in our fellowship.

Ps. Your post about abraham and the promise is with a current member although I can no longer see what he posts unless I open all posts