Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

YourTruthGod

Mar 9, 2019
Do you have children? Do they ALWAYS OBEY YOU? Do they quit being your child if they disobey? Whay did they obey to be born your child?

Get your facts straight....we are born from above by GRACE THROUGH FAITH IN THE GOSPEL........
Children need to be taught what love is. It is NOT love when a child is disobedient.

God adopts humans who obey Him.

YourTruthGod

Mar 9, 2019
Oh primary walk is one of shinning the light of love, righteousness and truth.
The ways of the world are always about point scoring and trying to beat someone.

Jesus's ways are about seeing need and providing support and help.
The classic problem is if one side desire slander and abuse it is no them, if one
responds with sacrifice and the other cheek. The reason is we are not defenders
of Gods truth, Gods word stands alone, we just witness to it.

As a sinner saved by grace, I stand as a witness of His work in my life.
Gods witness is all that finally matters because sinful man will always lie, deceive
cause strife and anguish, while claiming they hold the truth against the evil enemy.
Evil doers do not know God, it is the redeemed who walk in His ways, calling upon
Him for their strength who are lifted up, even though they die, yet will they live.
Amen
2 Corinthians 2:16 To the one we are an aroma that brings death; to the other, an aroma that brings life.

YourTruthGod

Mar 9, 2019
And do we not obey once we have believed and learned from Jesus...
Jesus saves us all on his own, and he tells us whom he chooses to save; he says he chooses those who obey him.
How can we obey if we do not believe ,
Jesus says to believe in him.

we can not and do not obey all in one go...
You will have to explain that.
You cant repent of your sins and call on him to help?
Every day the LORD sanctifies us , sets us apart...Yesterday I may not of fully understood what my Lord was teaching me , so I did not fully obey Him , today I fully obey Him because I now have understanding...
But what does the Bible say? The Bible says that we only get understanding AFTER we obey. We don't have to understand to obey; we are not to lean on our understanding, but do everything he says and he will show you.
None who follows our LORD would want to disobey Him , thank God for His Mercies and grace that is new each morning , why do you think He gives us new grace and mercy each morning ? because we drain our daily supply , even though we think we are doing O so well...xox...
You are preaching a false gospel and hindering people from being saved.

YourTruthGod

Mar 9, 2019
Thanks YTG.
I find I sometimes lose my focus because of the cynicism and hard blows given,
which I need to see but take. I used to think people would be friendly and assumed
as such. Now I know sinners speak to harm, as deep as they can. And the more hurt
they are the deeper they will thrust. But in Christ nothing hits home, because we are in
Him secure and safe, kept and protected.

And the reason these people throw so hard and agressively is because they are so
damaged and hurting, they want to inflict this on others, especially those they blame
for this continual pain and sore, for which they have no cure.

So pity these poor folk, trapped, alone grasping at hope, while not having the victory
they desperately aspire to, but daily seem robbed of. And if they are robbed how dare
anyone claim to know the peace of God that passes understanding.

6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7

It is like the very thing one wants the other to receive consumes the giver.
So when we give blessing, honour and praise, that is what fills us.
So God bless you all, for in Christ Jesus we have love and victory through Him Amen.
You try to lump me with them because I preach that nowadays tongues is false.
How about you get more in the scriptures and see that I rebuke like the Bible says to do.
How about you get more in the scriptures that say to 'contend' for the faith?

YourTruthGod

Mar 9, 2019

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
TheDivineWatermark said:
I looked up "repent of sins" (using the words "repent" "sin" which will take you to all forms of each word, where these are used in a verse) and these verses came up (at the Bible Gateway link below). Which verses are you referring to specifically? :

https://www.biblegateway.com/quicksearch/?quicksearch=repent+sin&qs_version=KJV
We have to repent of our sins. You can't get around it. You are not in if you didn't repent of your sins.
All I'm asking is, which one of these verses (where those words are used) are you pointing to? Let's examine what it is you are referring to. Thanks.

[note to the readers, again: the word "repent" is not used in the Book we call John]

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
^ And speaking of the Book we call John, there's what we see written in John 20:27-31 [blb] -

27 Then He says to Thomas, “Bring your finger here, and see My hands; and bring your hand, and put it into My side; and be not unbelieving, but believing.”

28 Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!”

29 Jesus says to him, “Because you have seen Me, you have believed [perfect indicative active] ; blessed are those not having seen, yet having believed [aorist participle active].”

The Purpose of John's Book

30 So indeed Jesus also did many other signs in the presence of His disciples, which are not written in this book. 31 But these have been written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that believing, you may have life in His name.

Dec 12, 2013
Children need to be taught what love is. It is NOT love when a child is disobedient.

God adopts humans who obey Him.
False and not true....as a matter of fact 100% contrary to the truth and satanic

Are you seriously that dense or just blind?

It is not that we loved him, but that he loved us and GAVE HIMSELF FOR US

For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.

No one LOVES GOD BEFORE BEING BORN AGAIN....AND to peddle what you peddle is a flat lie not found in scripture

Dec 12, 2013
Jesus saves us all on his own, and he tells us whom he chooses to save; he says he chooses those who obey him.

Jesus says to believe in him.

You will have to explain that.
You cant repent of your sins and call on him to help?

But what does the Bible say? The Bible says that we only get understanding AFTER we obey. We don't have to understand to obey; we are not to lean on our understanding, but do everything he says and he will show you.

You are preaching a false gospel and hindering people from being saved.
The last line fits you drivel pal....you are not preaching truth by any stretch of the imagination

YourTruthGod

Mar 9, 2019
All I'm asking is, which one of these verses (where those words are used) are you pointing to? Let's examine what it is you are referring to. Thanks.

[note to the readers, again: the word "repent" is not used in the Book we call John]
Now you are separating John from the other apostles and disciples?

John 5:14 Later Jesus found him at the temple and said to him, “See, you are well again. Stop sinning or something worse may happen to you.”

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
Now you are separating John from the other apostles and disciples?
First of all, Scripture itself never names the writer of the Book we call John, so no, I am not separating John from the other apostles/disciples (and yes, I've heard all of the arguments as to why ppl believe it was John; I remain unconvinced by those arguments).

Second, I'm merely stating a fact, in my post, for the readers of this thread. The word "repent" is not found in that Book.

YourTruthGod

Mar 9, 2019
^ And speaking of the Book we call John, there's what we see written in John 20:27-31 [blb] -

27 Then He says to Thomas, “Bring your finger here, and see My hands; and bring your hand, and put it into My side; and be not unbelieving, but believing.”

28 Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!”

29 Jesus says to him, “Because you have seen Me, you have believed [perfect indicative active] ; blessed are those not having seen, yet having believed [aorist participle active].”

The Purpose of John's Book

30 So indeed Jesus also did many other signs in the presence of His disciples, which are not written in this book. 31 But these have been written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that believing, you may have life in His name.
We have to believe that we have to obey him. Come to your senses.

YourTruthGod

Mar 9, 2019
How much?

Since sin is transgression of the Law, (1 John 3:4, James 2:8-11) how much of the Law are we required to obey?

Be SPECIFIC.
We are told to wait on the Lord. Are you going to wait, and what are you going to be doing while you are waiting?

YourTruthGod

Mar 9, 2019
False and not true....as a matter of fact 100% contrary to the truth and satanic

Are you seriously that dense or just blind?

It is not that we loved him, but that he loved us and GAVE HIMSELF FOR US

For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.

No one LOVES GOD BEFORE BEING BORN AGAIN....AND to peddle what you peddle is a flat lie not found in scripture
If you do what is right, then God is your Father.
If you do what is evil, then Satan is your father.

It is a war between good and evil.

It is not love for men to commit adultery on their wives.
It is not love for women to commit adultery on their husbands.
It is not love to yourself to go with a prostitute.
It is not love to fornicate.
It is not love to get drunk, get on drugs, steal, bear false witness, etc.

It is love to repent of those things and do right.
It is not love to be prideful.
It is not love to not be forgiving.

Ephesians 6:12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world rulers of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavens.