Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

BibletruthSOP

Apr 2, 2019
And you would be wrong

Jesus said the law of love does not break any command. And in context that would be any But we do not love perfectly like he did, Thats why we can’t claim we are perfect.

If your just focused on ten. You do not even yet understand what sin is. The “ten” were just a base guideline to prove we can not even keep these ten.. How can we claim we are righteous if we can not keep ten?

There is nothing anyone can identify as sin that is not covered by the 10 commandments. The bible, in the old testament, summarizes the 10 commandments as love to God and love to neighbor. Jesus doe the same in the new testament. The first 4 of the 10 concern mans relationship to God. The last 6 concern mans relationship to man. And as the bible says, to break one is to break all.

E

eternally-gratefull

The sin unto death is the unpardonable sin...check that out in scripture
Um no it is not.

You can not SEE or witness someone committing a sin leading to spiritual death.

Paul said if you SEE them sin a sin NOT leading to death
You can ONLY see physical death.

Why do people change meanings to make the scripture fit their belief instead of lookin gat scripture for what it says?

BibletruthSOP

Apr 2, 2019
Not sure what you are saying to me...
Every single child of God sins , we all fall short of the glory of God , but I thank Him each morning and evening for His grace and mercy that He gives to us each day brand new...

Why does He give us His grace and mercy each day ? because we use our supply up each day , knowing or unknowing...
People who CLAIM to be christians , and think like you suggest that they can sin freely are not nor ever are children of God , a true child of God would never think that way...xox...
Its not that OSAS folks go around thinking they can sin freely, its that they have no sense of the cost of sin and purposely change the bible definition of the wages of sin. The bible is crystal clear that the wages of sin is death. Nothing else, period. And when one believes the plainest word of God, they will see the whole OSAS theology crashes as soon as one believes what the bible says is sin and what the wages of sin is.

E

eternally-gratefull

There is nothing anyone can identify as sin that is not covered by the 10 commandments. The bible, in the old testament, summarizes the 10 commandments as love to God and love to neighbor. Jesus doe the same in the new testament. The first 4 of the 10 concern mans relationship to God. The last 6 concern mans relationship to man. And as the bible says, to break one is to break all.
Wow man, I mean really?

Have you ever read the sermon on the mount, Jesus spoke of quite a few sins that were not covered by the ten (The law says this, But I say if you do that)

No wonder you think you are righteous, You have no comprehension of what sin is..

BibletruthSOP

Apr 2, 2019
Um no it is not.

You can not SEE or witness someone committing a sin leading to spiritual death.

Paul said if you SEE them sin a sin NOT leading to death
You can ONLY see physical death.

Why do people change meanings to make the scripture fit their belief instead of lookin gat scripture for what it says?

Again, do a little study on the unpardonable sin

E

eternally-gratefull

Not sure what you are saying to me...
Every single child of God sins , we all fall short of the glory of God , but I thank Him each morning and evening for His grace and mercy that He gives to us each day brand new...

Why does He give us His grace and mercy each day ? because we use our supply up each day , knowing or unknowing...
People who CLAIM to be christians , and think like you suggest that they can sin freely are not nor ever are children of God , a true child of God would never think that way...xox...
They are focused on SELF. Not God

E

eternally-gratefull

Again, do a little study on the unpardonable sin
Again, DO a study on what death one can witness is

The unpardonable sin can not be committed UNTIL one dies. And it is called rejection fo Christ.

Jesus said ALL SIN will be forgiven ALL MEN

So your wrong on both counts

BibletruthSOP

Apr 2, 2019
LOL..I think God has perfect comprehension of what sin is...He even wrote it on tables of stone. Jesus, on the sermon on the mount, was teaching the thick headed folks that the thoughts and words themselves are part of the actions, etc. For example spend a little time contemplating Commandment # 10 ...the commandment the Pharisees had lost complete sense of.

Dec 12, 2013
Jesus is our example..He proved that man, indwelt by the Holy spirit, need not sin. What a glorious salvation is this actual (not OSAS make believe) salvation. What a wonderful thing to realize that when bitterness, or impatience, or ___________________ wells up, a born again does not need to have an "oh well", or excuse, or whatever because that sin has no wage and God doesn't take THAT sin seriously, BUT rather is thankful to realize that He can and must go to Jesus in repentance and be forgiven of that sin.......and there is actual (not OSAS make believe peace and Joy) peace and joy in Jesus.
Jesus was not dealt the spirit by measure as we are, JESUS did not have the sinful nature we have and JESUS never sinned.......get your facts straight......JOHN in the PRESENT TENSE said...

If WE say that WE have NO SIN, WE are deceived and the truth is not in US.......

JESUS said, with SAVED disciples/ Apostles on the planet.....

THERE is none GOOD, but GOD

GET over it pal......you are embellishing what we say, adding to what we say and in so doing lying........NO ONE is dismissing sin or saying we can just live like the devil and do as we please.....WHAT we are doing is ACKNOWLEDGING what the bible actually states.......

I am about done addressing your embellished blather......no honesty and no integrity with what we are actually saying......I despise dishonest people.....!

E

eternally-gratefull

LOL..I think God has perfect comprehension of what sin is...He even wrote it on tables of stone. Jesus, on the sermon on the mount, was teaching the thick headed folks that the thoughts and words themselves are part of the actions, etc. For example spend a little time contemplating Commandment # 10 ...the commandment the Pharisees had lost complete sense of.
Lol. Yes God does

But thats not WHY the ten were given, The ten were given to lead us to christ. Because no one could keep those ten.

The bible states all kinds of sin, which are not included in the ten.. I guess if you break one of them you think it is ok.

Think again.

Ps. You want to know what sin is. Learn the law of love. ANYTHING not done out of love is sin. Meaning I can keep the ten, and STILL be in sin.

Dec 12, 2013
Amen,

Jesus showed emotion at Lazarus Death (jesus wept)

He showed emotion at his prayer (sweated blood)

nothing wrong with emotions

Its when we use emotions to interpret the word or think all emotional feelings are spiritual
HE also in ZEAL and anger drove the money changers from the temple, He also was saddened over Jerusalem, and he also had joy, pain, moments of despair (let this cup pass), sorrow etc..........

Dec 12, 2013
Not sure what your trying to say here, or how this relates to my post.
He is trying to prove his sinless blather.........another sinless perfectionist that embellishes what we say and tries to lay on those that believe in eternal security some kind of I can do as I please YOKE and sin all we want because we dismiss sin......another deceiver.....

Dec 12, 2013
I still have to wonder

Why would God give ETERNAL life to someone in his omniscience he KNOWS he will have to take back later when he screws up?

Can God be deceived?
AMEN......some of these people make him out to be weak, inept, a liar, dense as lead and not that bright.............sickening the way he is devalued and his work, ministry is thrown under the bus by these salvation losers, Cainologists, and those that must help God keep themselves saved....

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
Its not that OSAS folks go around thinking they can sin freely, its that they have no sense of the cost of sin and purposely change the bible definition of the wages of sin. The bible is crystal clear that the wages of sin is death. Nothing else, period. And when one believes the plainest word of God, they will see the whole OSAS theology crashes as soon as one believes what the bible says is sin and what the wages of sin is.
I do not do that , and those who are truly saved and have put their trust in Gods promises do not do that , can you name one person in this forum who says what you believe...xox...

Dec 12, 2013
I agree...It would make Him a liar...xox...
AMEN........when they say it is losable or must be maintained they reject the following and make Christ into an inept liar that cannot keep his word....

a. Saved to the uttermost
b. Kept by his power
c. Lose nothing but raise it up
d. Given eternal/everlasting life
e. Sealed unto the day of redemption
f. Gifts and call of God irrevocable
g. Born of incorruptible seed
h. In Father's hand and SON'S hand and NO man can pluck us
i. Nothing can separate us from the Love of God
j. Grace out bounds our sin
k. Jesus begins, finishes and completes work of faith in us
l. Will leave the 99 to find the one that wanders
m. Denies chastisement, who and why
n. Denies sanctified forever (per Hebrews)
o. Denies justified by the perfect faith of Christ (Galatians)
p. Denies our life HID within Christ

and ON and ON and ON and ON..........

Dec 12, 2013
I do not do that , and those who are truly saved and have put their trust in Gods promises do not do that , can you name one person in this forum who says what you believe...xox...
The fact he keeps peddling that shows NO honesty, no integrity and proves he is a liar....none of us say or imply that drivel.......

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
AMEN........when they say it is losable or must be maintained they reject the following and make Christ into an inept liar that cannot keep his word....

a. Saved to the uttermost
b. Kept by his power
c. Lose nothing but raise it up
d. Given eternal/everlasting life
e. Sealed unto the day of redemption
f. Gifts and call of God irrevocable
g. Born of incorruptible seed
h. In Father's hand and SON'S hand and NO man can pluck us
i. Nothing can separate us from the Love of God
j. Grace out bounds our sin
k. Jesus begins, finishes and completes work of faith in us
l. Will leave the 99 to find the one that wanders
m. Denies chastisement, who and why
n. Denies sanctified forever (per Hebrews)
o. Denies justified by the perfect faith of Christ (Galatians)
p. Denies our life HID within Christ

and ON and ON and ON and ON..........
The only good thing I am getting from these people is a sharper sword , and God gives me the strength to swing it :geek:

E

eternally-gratefull

The only good thing I am getting from these people is a sharper sword , and God gives me the strength to swing it :geek:
Its good seeing too. Especially if people look back, You came in here believing as they do. And have since found Gods light!

BibletruthSOP

Apr 2, 2019
Again, DO a study on what death one can witness is

The unpardonable sin can not be committed UNTIL one dies. And it is called rejection fo Christ.

Jesus said ALL SIN will be forgiven ALL MEN

So your wrong on both counts
God knows men's heart. The sin unto death is the unpardonable sin...its outward manifestation is blasphemy against the Holy spirit...denying Christ, etc.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
Our walk should not be concerned about sin, or perfection but depending on Holy Spirit for strength, power, and determination to live as Jesus showed. He has given all we need for godliness....can't recall the rest and am being lazy today. 😇

We are His. He bought us back from the cruel taskmaster and He doesn't demand anything, but gives us all things for our good. Holiness, something I feared at one time, is good. So..

22 Regarding your former way of life, you were taught to strip off your old nature, which is being ruined by its deceptive desires,

23 to be renewed in your mental attitude,

24 and to clothe yourselves with the new nature, which was created according to God's image in righteousness and true holiness.

25 Therefore, stripping off falsehood, "let each of us speak the truth to his neighbor," for we belong to one another.

Ephesians. This is work of Holy Spirit and we working out our salvation.