Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
^ word definitions, my mistake.
I am stating that you do NOT recognize the Biblical definition of sin.
the original sense of New Testament Greek ἁμαρτία hamartia "sin", is failure, being in error, missing the mark, especially in spear throwing;[3] Hebrew hata "sin" originates in archery and literally refers to missing the "gold" at the centre of a target, but hitting the target, i.e. error.[4] "To sin" has been defined from a Greek concordance as "to miss the mark".[5]

When people quoted missing the mark in the past I always imagined a measuring mark
on a door, like a height, not a mark as in a target for spear throwing, or archery.

It makes sense therefore that this is not a Jewish definition of sin as there is nothing in
scripture about target practice etc. The warring city states like Sparta I can imagine missing
the mark was a serious error as they lived to fight and die in battle.

So if this is the way we are meant to be in Christ, in love and peace, throwing spears to kill
people which is the mark we are missing, you can see how far off this is from Gods language. :)

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
All this time, I have been failing walking in righteousness because I cannot kill
people with a spear or arrow. Oh poor me. Maybe I am walking and fighting for
a different Kingdom where we love, care, understand and are gentle with people,
and learn how to be servants and humble in our ways.

God bless you all.

E

eternally-gratefull

^ word definitions, my mistake.

I am stating that you do NOT recognize the Biblical definition of sin.
Poor Petey

Remember, Like all who believe in works, He has to water down the law. And make sin what HE wants sin to be, otherwise he would have to admit he is not such the righteous man he thinks he is and would be forced to turn to christ and away from works. So God can change him to the man GOD wants him to be.. not what they THINK they should be

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
Sanctification is the work of the Holy Spirit to conform a saint to holiness. He convicts us of sin, grants us repentance, and gives us an unnatural desire to obey God (speaking only to born-again believers in Jesus Christ). It is His work.
Sanctification is a lot like this escalator. We may fall down, and we may grip the sides, but God continues His elevating work.
A wrong view of sanctification is that we have to prove to God that we can climb to the top of the stairs without falling down. That is works-salvation. God didn't choose us because we were capable on our own. If sanctification were up to us, we'd all be piled up at the bottom of the stairs.
God is faithful, and He fully sanctifies every last one of His chosen, set-apart saints. Count on it! He finishes the job He started!
1Th 5:23-24 "Now may the God of peace himself sanctify you completely, and may your whole spirit and soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 24 He who calls you is faithful; he will surely do it."
Php 1:6 "And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ."

E

eternally-gratefull

Sanctification is the work of the Holy Spirit to conform a saint to holiness. He convicts us of sin, grants us repentance, and gives us an unnatural desire to obey God (speaking only to born-again believers in Jesus Christ). It is His work.
Sanctification is a lot like this escalator. We may fall down, and we may grip the sides, but God continues His elevating work.
A wrong view of sanctification is that we have to prove to God that we can climb to the top of the stairs without falling down. That is works-salvation. God didn't choose us because we were capable on our own. If sanctification were up to us, we'd all be piled up at the bottom of the stairs.
God is faithful, and He fully sanctifies every last one of His chosen, set-apart saints. Count on it! He finishes the job He started!
1Th 5:23-24 "Now may the God of peace himself sanctify you completely, and may your whole spirit and soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 24 He who calls you is faithful; he will surely do it."
Php 1:6 "And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ."
Amen sister, This is a great explanation.

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
Wow wow oh wow.

If you can remember I said to you a long time back an via PM.

Your name here his Rosemary. I was convinced you are a Rose.

I even implored you to step out and grow and start reaching out and grow and help others.
You were retisant to do it.

But now we see a rose bud that has bloomed.

Your past has been shit.
As we say over here "Your shit smells as roses" (that's a saying over here and not offensive over here)

So my beautiful sister in Jesus.
God is and has dealt with the shit in your life
And now you are beautiful fragrance.

Romans 8:28-30
28 And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. 29 For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren. 30 Moreover whom He predestined, these He also called; whom He called, these He also justified; and whom He justified, these He also glorified.

The above verses apply to you.

Wow wow and more wows.

Thank you Jesus for the bud that has now flowered.

Dec 12, 2013
Wow wow oh wow.

I even implored you to step out and grow and start reaching out and grow and help others.

Your past has been shit.
As we say over here "Your shit smells as roses" (that's a saying over here and not offensive over here)

28 And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. 29 For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren. 30 Moreover whom He predestined, these He also called; whom He called, these He also justified; and whom He justified, these He also glorified.

Wow wow and more wows.

AMEN....it is obvious that she is born from above, has a very teachable and gentle spirit and I have enjoyed watching her transformation over time........Rose sets forth one thing that lacks in many....she is open to learning and instruction........she is a sister for sure......!

Feb 28, 2016
AMEN!!! to all of our Brothers and Sisters who Love and Obey their Maker,
The Giver and Taker of all we possess'...
:):)

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
AMEN....it is obvious that she is born from above, has a very teachable and gentle spirit and I have enjoyed watching her transformation over time........Rose sets forth one thing that lacks in many....she is open to learning and instruction........she is a sister for sure......!
Oh yes indeed.

What a privilege to be part of it.
Not to boast but to rejoice.

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
Wow wow oh wow.

Your past has been shit.

Wow wow and more wows.

Oh my brother Bill , the brother who always handled me with a gentle spirit , I love you so much...

I have lifted my hands up to God just now , with tears in my eyes , and thanked Him for your beautiful message...

You have no idea what your message has done for me , you have lifted me up brother , more than you will ever know , but God knows...

Yes brother Bill , the LORD has been fertilizing me well lol...xox...

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
Thank you so much DCon , I am truly thankful for your uplifting words towards me as we praise the one true Transformer , the Holy Spirit of God...

And I would like to say also , Thanks be to God our Father , who sends us to each other in one spirit , His Spirit , to lift each other up , when the enemy comes to tear us down...

As Paul often said
May the peace of our Father , and the LORD Jesus Christ be with us always Amen...xox...

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
Sin - not hitting the mark.
Interestingly Hebrew appears to equate the sling shot missing its mark similar to sin.

Innate within the concept is one target, not higher or lower, not better defined or clearer,
but specific and obvious.

There maybe more similarity between greek and hebrew ideas of a standard. Interestingly
targets in God do not change. Murder is murder. So destroying someone verbally is as lethal
as destroying them physically. But this is balanced with descriptions that are accurate and
appropriate. But there is not a sliding scale of sin, where it is just defined to show how failed
we are, rather to warn us to take care and avoid evil.

The great thing about the cross, is the more time we spend in Christ the less time we have
being destracted by sinful activities.

Dec 12, 2013
Another day saved by grace through faith eternally......YEP.....JESUS keeps his promises and.....

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

JESUS JUSTIFIES the UNGODLY by faith/belief.....WITHOUT WORKS

Dec 12, 2013
Good morning peeps..........trust JESUS he keeps his word...

I will LOSE NOTHING
I will NEVER leave thee or forsake thee
We are saved to the uttermost and kept by the power of GOD through the FAITH he begins, finishes and completes in US
I give unto the ETERNAL LIFE

IT IS the GIFT of GOD and the gifts (plural) and CALLING (singular) of GOD are IRREVOCABLE

Salvation losers are false and wrong........ETERNAL and EVERLASTING equal exactly that!!!!!!!!

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
15 This is what the Sovereign LORD, the Holy One of Israel, says:
"In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength,
but you would have none of it."
Isa 30

E

eternally-gratefull

Thank you so much DCon , I am truly thankful for your uplifting words towards me as we praise the one true Transformer , the Holy Spirit of God...

And I would like to say also , Thanks be to God our Father , who sends us to each other in one spirit , His Spirit , to lift each other up , when the enemy comes to tear us down...

As Paul often said
May the peace of our Father , and the LORD Jesus Christ be with us always Amen...xox...
People always ask the cost. Is it worth doing what you are doing. My view has always been, if even one repents and comes to Christ, and starts to grow. It is worth it, I am quite sure you are not the only one, but you are the one we will always remember. Such a precious sister, will be so awesome spending eternity with you!!

E

eternally-gratefull

Good morning peeps..........trust JESUS he keeps his word...

I will LOSE NOTHING
I will NEVER leave thee or forsake thee
We are saved to the uttermost and kept by the power of GOD through the FAITH he begins, finishes and completes in US
I give unto the ETERNAL LIFE

IT IS the GIFT of GOD and the gifts (plural) and CALLING (singular) of GOD are IRREVOCABLE

Salvation losers are false and wrong........ETERNAL and EVERLASTING equal exactly that!!!!!!!!
“Any day we wake up and we are not in Hell! That is a great day!!”

A friend of mine says he says this every morning, How true a statement because all of us deserve nothing more that to be in outer darkness as we speak.

I feal sorry for those who are not assured.. who have yet to find that “peace that surpasses all understanding” we can just pray they one day find it..