Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 12, 2013
I have already stated that your posts bring forth confusion. I don’t understand how someone who embraces the fullness of God’s grace through faith alone could be misunderstood by so many people. DC, this site’s champion of champions regarding God’s grace has you on ignore. Why?
Simple....Mr. Twisty cannot help but embellish, twist, corrupt and then hypocritically do what he whine bags about other people doing....

Dec 12, 2013
When Jesus stated salvation is through faith in Him, He didn’t put any disclaimers on it. Either we have salvation through faith in Jesus alone or we do not. There is nothing we can or can not do to alter His free, irrevocable gift of grace. Not my words, Jesus’.
Double winner on this one!!

Dec 27, 2018
How does this even make sense???

Rhetorical question:rolleyes:
What does regeneration maintained by amsin confession mean. N
Rather than attacking me and everyone else how about you explain this, what you mean by "repent" since you have attached it a believing fornicator?

And when you are done please leave me alone, as in do not mention my name or direct posts to me, because it obvious we cannot converse.
You attacked me first with false accusations, even for months in the past. Since you don’t answer my questions, I won’t answer yours vGet a bible dictionary and look up repent. That is what it means. And I gladly won’t reply, because you have no argument and only misrepresent

Dec 27, 2018
Double winner on this one!!
Yep, winner for best red herring and winner for best example of not addressing the question and resorting to talking points.

Everything he said I agree to. But it has nothing to do with what I’m saying.

It’s like if someone says Jesus is God and someone else says “ no He’s not, He’s a man. That is about the extent of the validity of this argument. It is a true statement, but does not address what was said.

Red Herring

Dec 27, 2018
@Lightskin
@UnderGrace

My posts are not hard to understand. This is what DC said when I explained my basic premise. I have to put his reply before my quote, cause it’s hard to multi paste on my phone

I explained my position to DC and he said this.

Sure I know the difference.....and I would not rake you over the coals as much if you spoke more like this......and left off the flippant, mouthy remarks.....!!
What was DC replying to here?

In reply to

Hebrews 3:6- But Christ as a son over his own house; whose house are we, if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end. (descriptive statement, not prescriptive, do you know the difference?)

1 John 2:19They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us. (descriptive statement, not prescriptive. Do you know the difference?)

Is holding fast and continuing in something the same as persisting in it?

...and you do not hold fast and continue to be saved. You hold fast and continue BECAUSE you are saved. Descriptive, not prescriptive. Do you know the difference?[/
DC knows exactly what I’m saying when I say “descriptive”. He is being disingenous

Dec 27, 2018
@Lightskin

@UnderGrace
Read my post and then read DCs reply. Does it sound like he disagrees?

DC knows exactly what I’m saying when I say “descriptive”. He is being disingenous

Hebrews 3:6- But Christ as a son over his own house; whose house are we, if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end. (descriptive statement, not prescriptive, do you know the difference?)

1 John 2:19They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us. (descriptive statement, not prescriptive. Do you know the difference?)

Is holding fast and continuing in something the same as persisting in it?

...and you do not hold fast and continue to be saved. You hold fast and continue BECAUSE you are saved. Descriptive, not prescriptive. Do you know the difference?
Sure I know the difference.....and I would not rake you over the coals as much if you spoke more like this......and left off the flippant, mouthy remarks.....!!

Dec 27, 2018
@Lightskin

@dcontroversal
Yep Paul and other apostles put stumbling blocks in front of people, by saying the same things I say. You don’t think he did? Give one thing I said that you think is unbiblical, direct quote, and I will support it with scripture. You won’t though. Because neither of you have an argument

Dec 27, 2018
Jesus says no one that has been given to Him by our Heavenly Father shall be lost. NO ONE! What don’t you understand about that?

You admittedly disagree. By your standards, the power of sin is greater than the power of the saving grace of Jesus Christ. You need to wake up and realize we serve a Mighty God, not some wet noodle flapping around in the wind.
Another lame false accusation. Read the posts below. If you have any integrity, you will admit you mispoke. I doubt it.

The correct form of it is that Christ will not lose any of His

If you aren’t always saved, you were never saved
Also that God will complete the work He began in you. Only the regenerate.
I ADMITTEDLY DISAGREE? What the posts above, and there will be one below are hard to understand?

Boy, you sure are good at false accusations.

Dec 27, 2018
Another lame false accusation. Read the posts below. If you have any integrity, you will admit you mispoke. I doubt it.

I ADMITTEDLY DISAGREE? What the posts above, and there will be one below are hard to understand?

@BillG If you go to the link above and look what lightskin said I say and what I actually say, you will see quite a misrepresentation on his part. look at the difference between what I say and what lightskin claims I said

@dcontroversal

@UnderGrace

Dec 27, 2018

I will be reposting the same post by lightskin with the quotes that show his accusation is false see post 107,349 periodically unless he admits he spoke falsely

Dec 27, 2018
Jesus says no one that has been given to Him by our Heavenly Father shall be lost. NO ONE! What don’t you understand about that?

You admittedly disagree. By your standards, the power of sin is greater than the power of the saving grace of Jesus Christ. You need to wake up and realize we serve a Mighty God, not some wet noodle flapping around in the wind.
False representation. See post 107,349. Lightskin is more careless than a drunk driver

Dec 27, 2018
Simple....Mr. Twisty cannot help but embellish, twist, corrupt and then hypocritically do what he whine bags about other people doing....
Since you were free with your your ad hominems, I will tell you what I think of you. Dc and his loyal disciples have a collection of false accusations that they pin on people they disagree with (see post 107,349), do not address issues, but parrot the same rote talking points that have nothing to do what the other person is saying, accuse people of believing in losable salvation, when the people they accuse of such posted numerous quotes of support for eternal security, accuse people of being works Salvationist if they teach repentance, (undergrace), never seem to be able to exegete a text of scripture (lightskin) and DC is the most graceless person I have ever met, calling people idiots and other names.

The whole thing is a farce.

Dec 27, 2018

Your nose is growing, Pinocchio. It’s like 50 feet long now. See post 107,349

Dec 27, 2018

I disagree that no one who has been given to Jesus will be lost?😂?!!!you sure about that? Look at post below.

This is the form of argumentation a certain group always uses. Argumentation by misrepresentation

Lightskin

Aug 16, 2019
I disagree that no one who has been given to Jesus will be lost?😂?!!!you sure about that? Look at post below.

This is the form of argumentation a certain group always uses. Argumentation by misrepresentation
Same thing.

Dec 27, 2018
I’m not misrepresenting you or anyone else. I’m simply unable to decipher your views..
I say...

They claim I say the opposite of what I actually said...

I say.
No you do not believe Jesus keeps us Justified and holds to His promises >>>>!

Dec 27, 2018
Was that post too hard to understand? My point was that I said Jesus loses none of his and you afterward claimed that I disagree with the fact that none who are Christ’s will be lost.

Yeah, the two statements are the same. I plainly hold them to be true, and you say I disagree with them🤣

Misrepresentation

Just like when I said confession of sin maintains fellowship and @UnderGrace said I said that regeneration maintains regeneration

Your group does one thing well... misrepresent people