Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
I am OLD SCHOOL, when typing in bold letters only meant it was something important that I wanted to make sure your reader did not miss.

AND I HAD five different colors of Highlighters in my pocket, during every SERMON. AND usually used all five, depending on the message.

Green was for what GOD wanted us to do.
Pink was for what GOD did not want us to do.
Gold/Orange was for Promises of GOD.
Blue was for Principles to live by.
Yellow for was blessing from GOD.

Man I had that NIV Thompson Chain, full of colors by the time I bought a new Bible, and gave up on the Highlighters.

I refused to adapt to the FACE BOOK definition of what they meant. Never have had a FACE BOOK ACCOUNT.
What I call is facebook is READING THE BIBLE close up!

You got your face, and its in the BOOK. Thats the only facebook im rocking with!

limmuwd

Oct 12, 2019
Kingdom of God
to-him-who-overcomes.com
Trouble is you say to encourage the saints but I get the impression that those who do not agree with you, then you disregard as saints and tell them to repent.
Actually no. I need to remind myself each day, as did the Apostle Paul, to walk that Narrow Way, that road of Repentance.
I put myself above no one. Rather it is the Word of God that I put far above the opinions and wishful thinking of man.

limmuwd

Oct 12, 2019
Kingdom of God
to-him-who-overcomes.com
Do you believe in the Trinity?
It always boils down to this. :rolleyes:

I believe what the Word declares. Nothing more; nothing less. :)

The Trinity doctrine states -

'The Trinity: our one God is eternally existent in three Persons: the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, who are co-equal, co-existent and co-eternal.'

When taking in the whole of Scripture we find that such a doctrine will not stand. Indeed we have the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, but they are not 'co-equal, co-existent and co-eternal.

Jesus made this irrefutable when He declared - "My Father is greater than I." (John 14:28)

The Father/Son relationship is clearly defined in 1Cor 15:27-28 which states -

"For “He (God) has put all things under His (Jesus) feet.” But when He (God) says “all things are put under Him (Jesus),” it is evident that He (God) who put all things under Him (Jesus) is excepted. Now when all things are made subject to Him (Jesus the Son), then the Son Himself will also be subject to Him (God the Father) who put all things under Him (Jesus), that God (the Father) may be all in all."

And may we not forget the words of our Lord and Savior to Mary the day that the Father raised Him from the dead -

"Jesus said to her, “Do not cling to Me, for I have not yet ascended to My Father; but go to My brethren and say to them, ‘I am ascending to My Father and your Father, and to My God and your God.’” - John 20:17

The Father, Yahweh, is the God of Jesus. Jesus is our Lord and Messiah because He obeyed God fully -

"For it was fitting for Him (God), for whom are all things and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons to glory, to make the Captain (Jesus) of their salvation perfect through sufferings." - Heb 2:10

and...

"though He was a Son, yet He learned obedience by the things which He suffered. And having been perfected, He became the author of eternal salvation to all who obey Him." - Heb 5:8-9

therefore because of the Sons perfect obedience to the Father, even to death -

“ let all the house of Israel know assuredly that God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ.” - Acts 2:36

Because Jesus set aside His own will in the garden (which was different from the Fathers), and obeyed God perfectly, He received from Almighty God all authority in the heavens and on earth and the right to sit down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven. (see Heb 1:3, 8:1)

He was given authority from the Ancient of Days - Dan 7:14

"Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to Me." - Matt 28:18

If Jesus is God, or equal to God, then why would He need someone to GIVE Him authority?

Friends, there is much taught today which cannot stand the test of Scripture. May we not taken as truth all we hear preached for the pulpits, but let us be as the Bereans who -

"received the word with all readiness, and searched the Scriptures daily to find out whether these things were so." - Acts 17:11

79 times in the Gospels Jesus refers to Himself as the Son of Man

5 times He refers to Himself as the Son of God

47 times He is called by others the "Son of God", or "God's Son"

5 times He is referred to as the Son begotten of God, or begotten of the Father

4 times God, Himself, speaks from heaven and declares Jesus to be His Son

0 times does Jesus refer to Himself as God

Dear saints we are called to be one with Jesus as He is with the Father. When we take Jesus' statement in John 10:30 along with His discourse in John 17, then for us to say the Jesus is equal to the Father we would also have to say the we are equal to Jesus. Which we are not. We are His body, be He will always be greater than we, just as God will always be greater than Jesus.

We can see that clearly as Jesus prayed to His Father -

"that they (His disciples) all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You; that they also may be one in Us, that the world may believe that You sent Me. And the glory which You gave Me I have given them, that they may be one just as We are one: I in them, and You in Me; that they may be made perfect in one, and that the world may know that You have sent Me, and have loved them as You have loved Me." - John 17:21-23

Amen.

God's wisdom and understanding to all,
Michael

limmuwd

Oct 12, 2019
Kingdom of God
to-him-who-overcomes.com
He is now, yes!. ;)

"And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bring forth a Son, and shall call His name Jesus." - Luke 1:31

The physical Man Jesus, who was tested and proven faithful in the flesh, did not exist before the baby born in Bethlehem.

Again, the Word existed, but not the Man.

"Today I have begotten You." - Acts 13:33

Lightskin

Aug 16, 2019
He is now, yes!. ;)

"And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bring forth a Son, and shall call His name Jesus." - Luke 1:31

The physical Man Jesus, who was tested and proven faithful in the flesh, did not exist before the baby born in Bethlehem.

Always has been. No beginning, no end.

OneOfHis

Mar 24, 2019
Always has been. No beginning, no end.

Amen.

Just peekin my head in, hope everyone here is giving credit to Jesus, God in the flesh, our Savior the praise for salvation and not works.

Always got a few people who seem to want to take the credit and belittle His sacrifice.

Lightskin

Aug 16, 2019
Amen.

Just peekin my head in, hope everyone here is giving credit to Jesus, God in the flesh, our Savior the praise for salvation and not works.

Always got a few people who seem to want to take the credit and belittle His sacrifice.
Always great seeing you.
Blessings always, beloved. 🙏

OneOfHis

Mar 24, 2019
Always great seeing you.
Blessings always, beloved. 🙏

Thanks bro, always great seein you stand for what's truthful.

I feel like soon I'll have more time like I used to.

Gonna be nice to replace a lot of extra work with some lovely CC fellowship.

About to drive home now, I am maaaaaany pages behind but plan to read the most recent 20 or so tonight.

May God bless you today man, I hope you're havin a good one.

Dec 12, 2013
H
You absolutely could if I opposed the Gospel, maybe it is just me but I value truth far more than feelings when it comes to the essential heart of the Good News!

What they are teaching is absolutely obnoxious and repulsive in light of what Jesus did for us.... that is just the way I see it and I cannot be persuaded otherwise.

I have spent literally years researching this false plan of salvation and it does so much damage I cannot even begin to tell you.
I think Paul was absolutely justified to call them "dogs"

The rest you can take up with @dcontroversal ;)
He also called them deceived, fools, Jesus called them blind, deaf, hypocrites, children of the devil, and John called them a generation of vipers......Friend and Foe I have always used pet names based upon their names.....!

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
He is now, yes!. ;)
Considering the following (post), at which point in time do you believe the word "Today" ^ refers (considering that the Father says it):

--[quotes from BibleHub-->] "Usage: I beget (of the male), (of the female) I bring forth, give birth to.
"HELPS Word-studies
gennáō – properly, beget (procreate a descendant), produce offspring; (passive) be born, "begotten."" [end quotes; underlining mine]

--context: Acts 13:29-37 - "29 And when they had finished all the things having been written about Him, having taken Him down from the tree, they put Him in a tomb. 30 But God raised Him out from the dead, 31 who appeared for many days to those having come up with Him from Galilee to Jerusalem, who are now His witnesses to the people.
32 And we preach the gospel to you, the promise having been made to the fathers, 33 that God has fulfilled this to us their children, having raised up Jesus, as also it has been written in the second psalm:
‘You are My Son,
today I have begotten you.’a
34 And that He raised Him out from the dead, no more being about to return to decay, He spoke thus:
‘I will give to you the holy and sure blessings of David.’b
35 Therefore He also says in another:
‘You will not allow your Holy One to see decay.’c
36 For indeed David, having served the purpose of God in his own generation, fell asleep and was added to his fathers, and saw decay. 37 But the One God raised up did not see decay.

...in view of the above info, was "Today" (Acts 13:33) referring to:

--when He was conceived from the Spirit (Matt1:20 - https://biblehub.com/text/matthew/1-20.htm )?
--when He was born in Bethlehem (Lk2:11)?
--when He was raised from the dead/ascended to Heaven/exalted (Jn20:17, etc)?

Just wondering how you see this. :)

Dec 12, 2013
The Holy Spirit is the best teacher the world has ever been given with regards to learning and understanding Scripture. That is unequivocally indisputable. 😎
Amen....leads and guides into all truth and 100% points at Christ <-unlike some religions!

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
He is now, yes!. ;)

Whoa! Whoa! Yeshua/Jesus as The Word made flesh has ALWAYS been and is God. Yes, Yeshua/Jesus is eternal.

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
Please Post that Song "Come Ye Sinners" on my MUSIC Thread, I love it:

https://christianchat.com/christian...istian-music-blesses-your-heart.89552/page-35

THANK YOU MANAGMENT! You caught our Local Red X Catholic Troll, in two hours, today.

I will give you a STANDING OVATION! GOOD JOB!

Everyone, the moderator banned our local TROLL in TWO HOURS this time. Click on the RED X in my post: #112,191

He got the Red X Catholic Troll in only 2 Hrs. and 3 Min. with his NEW NAME 382AD, all you have to do is point at his new name and just hover over it and you will see what time he Joined, and what time he was banned.

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
It seems arguments over scripture will continue until Christ returns.

Might I recommend after twice attempts we just leave each other in God’s Hands and part in love with no name calling.

Yeshua/Jesus departed this world by saying, “Father, forgive them. They know not what they are doing.” :love:(y)

Melach

Mar 28, 2019
It seems arguments over scripture will continue until Christ returns.

Might I recommend after twice attempts we just leave each other in God’s Hands and part in love with no name calling.

Yeshua/Jesus departed this world by saying, “Father, forgive them. They know not what they are doing.” :love:(y)
but mom! they started it.

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
So, was the Man Jesus there? Was He a Man that became a baby that became a Man again?

Of course not. If fact He told Nicodemus that that isn't possible.

No. The Word, the Logos, existed; but NOT the Man Jesus, who had to prove Himself faithful and obedient to God to be "made Lord and Christ." (Acts 2:36). Jesus had to "obey" One "greater" than Himself (so "co-equal" is not Biblical). As the Scripture declares, concerning the Man Jesus, "He humbled himself and became obedient to the point of death— even death on a cross." - Phil 2:8 NRSV

He had to be "obedient"? Oh yes, to the One who was greater than Himself, and the One to whom even the Resurrected Christ wil be "subject to" in Eternity. (1Cor 15:28)

The teaching of a three-in-one-God is not Scriptural. Even Jesus clearly taught that (Mark 12:29)
There is a Father God, and His Son Jesus. Personally, 1Cor 15:20-28, John 17, John 20:17, Rom 8, Acts 2:36, & the following passage from Hebrews have been greatly influential in shaping my understanding of the relationship between the Father & Son.

"So also Christ did not glorify Himself to become High Priest, but it was He who said to Him:
“You are My Son,
Today I have begotten You.”
6 As He also says in another place:
“You are a priest forever
According to the order of Melchizedek”;
7 who, in the days of His flesh, when He had offered up prayers and supplications, with vehement cries and tears to Him who was able to save Him from death, and was heard because of His godly fear, 8 though He was a Son, yet He learned obedience by the things which He suffered. 9 And having been perfected, He became the author of eternal salvation to all who obey Him, 10 called by God as High Priest “according to the order of Melchizedek,” 11 of whom we have much to say, and hard to explain, since you have become dull of hearing."
- Heb 5:5-11

Tell me, friends, can we all agree that this portion of Hebrews is of the inspired Word of God?

Does this passage not plainly tell us that the Man Jesus was "perfected" here on earth? And that He "became" something that He had not been before? That there was a specific "day" when He became God's Son? And that "obedience" is required to receive "eternal salvation"? (And there are many other passages that confirm this throughout the Bible).

Truly, we do ourselves a favor when we study and receive the "whole counsel of God."

Peace & Blessings to all who walk with Jesus.
Yeshua/Jesus as The Word had to take on flesh and obey the Law in order to become the Human Fulfillment of the Law for us. He was examined by The Law (Moses) and the Prophets (Elijah) on the Mt. of transfiguration prior to going to the cross. He passed and became our Passover Lamb without blemish.

On the cross, He died giving us His Body - the Righteousness of God - the Human Fulfillment of the Law and His Blood - the Forgiveness of sin.

Rising from the dead, He has become our Lord, Savior and King. We, too shall rise from the dead and be just like Him.

This is the Gift of God, not of works least any man should boast.