Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011
Just believe that the only work that is equal to/gave you your salvation is Jesus of Nazareth nailed to the Cross. Now anything that is left in you spirits mind that is left undone and that you need to do to put the icing on the cake will be the things you think you should do that exposes you as one who denies the blood of the Cross ,,that is your works confess you...
Again none who believe and rest in the Lord Jesus Christ blood will seek salvation anymore than a man will seek after water while he is drinking it, none seek to get saved who believe Jesus saved them on the Cross...

Dec 6, 2019
"doeth righteousness" and "committeth sins" refers to what our lifestyle is marked by. Christians sin, but their lifestyle is not to be characterized by sin. Our lifestyle is to be characterized by righteousness. Now a life characterized by sin or characterized by righteousness is not referring to an action here and there. It is a continual pattern of life.

Which path are we walking on? Are we walking in the Light or away from the Light.

If we are walking in and towards the light, our lives will increasingly be marked by righteous and holy characteristics. If we are walking away from the Light, our lives will be ruled by darkness.
I will add that "doing righteousness" is not a condition we have to meet to be saved. It is a result of the fact that we are saved, and of our union with Christ.

Practicing sin is a result of our alienation from God. Doing righteousness is the result of our union with God.

Sin is a result of a fallen nature. Righteousness is the result of a NEW nature.

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage. For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another. For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.—Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.—For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband.

Now if you know that LOVE that HE is talking about is the ultimate form of LOVE the AGAPE form or Self Sacrificial form. I thought you were Catholic, and if you are, I am highly impressed, because Catholic most are works righteous oriented, and NOT Agape LOVE oriented. So you must really study your Bible to come up with that.

Here is something that may interest you.

Romans 5:5 (NASB)
5 and hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out within our hearts [human spirit] through the Holy Spirit who was given to us.

That is the same kind of AGAPE LOVE that He put in us, so that is part of the FREE GIFT, therefore we can LOVE GOD and the Brethren with the same kind of LOVE HE poured into our hearts [human spirit].

Dec 12, 2013
Who said salvation is not secure?
Salvation in Christ is the safest, most secure place there is in all the universe.
That's why we are exhorted to stay there.

That is no more true than you believing in your version of once saved always saved is you upholding Calvin's version of once saved always saved. (Calvin believed you were not saved if you stopped believing).
You do not believe or teach being secure in Christ Ralph.....what you peddle is a SELF maintained security because the JEEZUS you follow CANNOT keep you secure.....make no mistake, what you are trying to sell does not exist biblically!

Dec 6, 2019
"doeth righteousness" and "committeth sins" refers to what our lifestyle is marked by. Christians sin, but their lifestyle is not to be characterized by sin. Our lifestyle is to be characterized by righteousness. Now a life characterized by sin or characterized by righteousness is not referring to an action here and there. It is a continual pattern of life.

Which path are we walking on? Are we walking in the Light or away from the Light.

If we are walking in and towards the light, our lives will increasingly be marked by righteous and holy characteristics. If we are walking away from the Light, our lives will be ruled by darkness.
Every sin that we commit has the same root, and it is IN US. In His death, Christ dealt with that root. He removed it's power over us. But we are gradually learning how to walk in that reality. The root is still in us, but does not have dominion over us, but we still have a battle with it. When Jesus returns, we will forever be separated from that root, free from it, it will no more be in us. Praise God.

Oct 24, 2019
Salvation in Christ is the safest, most secure place there is in all the universe.

That is no more true than you believing in your version of once saved always saved is you upholding Calvin's version of once saved always saved. (Calvin believed you were not saved if you stopped believing).
And you shall be hated by all men for my name's sake: but he that shall persevere unto the end, he shall be saved.

But he that shall persevere to the end, he shall be saved.

Persevere under discipline. God dealeth with you as with his sons; for what son is there, whom the father doth not correct?

Dec 6, 2019
And you shall be hated by all men for my name's sake: but he that shall persevere unto the end, he shall be saved.

But he that shall persevere to the end, he shall be saved.

Persevere under discipline. God dealeth with you as with his sons; for what son is there, whom the father doth not correct?
Those who are saved do indeed perservere. But we perservere because of the Work that Jesus does as our Great High Priest, Intercessor, and Advocate, and because of God's Spirit in us.

Remove that and we would fall like a ton of bricks in an atomic blast.

We wouldn't last a minute.

Oct 24, 2019
Those who are saved do indeed perservere. But we perservere because of the Work that Jesus does as our Great High Priest, Intercessor, and Advocate.

Remove Grace and we would fall like a ton of bricks in an atomic blast.

You have to persevere unto the end to be saved; you haven't persevered unto the end.

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
Those who are saved do indeed perservere. But we perservere because of the Work that Jesus does as our Great High Priest, Intercessor, and Advocate, and because of God's Spirit in us.

Remove that and we would fall like a ton of bricks in an atomic blast.

AMEN! (y)

Dec 6, 2019
You do not believe or teach being secure in Christ Ralph.....what you peddle is a SELF maintained security because the JEEZUS you follow CANNOT keep you secure.....make no mistake, what you are trying to sell does not exist biblically!
Jesus our High Priest and Advocate before the Father is our anchor.

Dec 6, 2019
You still have to persevere unto the end to be saved.
If I don't preservere, I was not a partaker. Hebrews 3:6 We HAVE BEEN made partakers if we hold fast.

If I don't perservere, I am not one of His sheep. John 10:27 My sheep will never perish

If I don't preservere, I was not given to Jesus by the Father. John 6:38-39 I came down not to do my own will but my Father's will, and this is the Father's will, that all which He has given me, I should lose NOTHING.

According to as we have believed, let it be so done unto us.

Dec 6, 2019
You still have to persevere unto the end to be saved.
We are kept by the power of God through faith. Doubting that God is able to preserve us is one of the surest ways to fall. Remember Peter, when he walked on the water...

I cannot keep myself from falling, so I trust God to keep me from falling

Dec 6, 2019
We have an anchor that keeps the soul
Steadfast and sure while the billows roll
fastened to the rock which cannot move.
Grounded firm and deep in the Saviour's love.

Priscilla Owens.

E

EleventhHour

She has jokes.......silly....I said my first full sentence at 10 months old and did grade 12 algebra at age 7......... 🤓

Bravo ..... Algebra is my favourite part of math ...your aptitude for math certainly shines through...sunshine!!! :giggle:

Ain' t no sunshine when he's gone only darkness everyday... ... :giggle:

E

EleventhHour

If Calvin believed that then he upheld Roman dogma too!