Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
Did you read my question?
Yes, I did but obviously you didn't carefully read my prior posts. I clearly stated that there would be no more dancing around the question as to whether or not you subscribe to Serpent Seed and I was serious.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
Yes, I did but obviously you didn't carefully read my prior posts. I clearly stated that there would be no more dancing around the question as to whether or not you subscribe to Serpent Seed and I was serious.
Does Serpent seed mean that satan is the father of Cain?

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
Does Serpent seed mean that satan is the father of Cain?
Serpent Seed takes extreme liberties with a passage in Genesis to claim that the Serpent (Satan) and Eve "knew" each other in the biblical sense and the end result was Cain.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
Serpent Seed takes extreme liberties with a passage in Genesis to claim that the Serpent (Satan) and Eve "knew" each other in the biblical sense and the end result was Cain.
This is an interesting topic because Genesis 3:15
And I will put enmity
Between you and the woman,
And between YOUR (satan) seed and her Seed;
He shall bruise your head,
And you shall bruise His heel.”

I personally believe there is, and will be, not only a spiritual, but physical seed of satan. (anti-christ) However Scripture itself says Adam is Cain's father: Genesis 4:1 Now Adam knew Eve his wife, and she conceived and bore Cain, and said, “I have acquired a man from the Lord.”

So I don't see how someone can say satan is the physical father of Cain.

Dec 12, 2013
Which flat denies Adam KNOWING Eve and the resulting birth of Cain and ABEL.....I personally think the language shows twins....based upon how it is stated......

and again she bore Abel.....

as opposed to

Adam knew Eve his wife AGAIN which resulted in Seth

Again is not used of Abel....not that I can stand on it dogmatically, but seems to make logical sense based upon the verbiage IMV

E

EleventhHour

This is an interesting topic because Genesis 3:15
And I will put enmity
Between you and the woman,
And between YOUR (satan) seed and her Seed;
He shall bruise your head,
And you shall bruise His heel.”

I personally believe there is, and will be, not only a spiritual, but physical seed of satan. (anti-christ) However Scripture itself says Adam is Cain's father: Genesis 4:1 Now Adam knew Eve his wife, and she conceived and bore Cain, and said, “I have acquired a man from the Lord.”

So I don't see how someone can say satan is the physical father of Cain.
They only use one line from the passage... typical.

E

EleventhHour

To me it is idiotic to say that Satan had "relations" with Eve....equally stupid is the idea of some chic called Lilith or something like that ....
All part of the esoteric occult teaching... seems to be trying to go mainline I guess.

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
To expand on my answer a bit, this heresy has evolved differently over the centuries as to who the descendants of Cain are today. This heresy is routinely held to by some racist communities (but not exclusively by) to justify their racism by claiming that Cain's descendants are either today's Jews or persons of African descent. In other words, not all Serpent Seed adherents are racist.

It's earliest known presentation in writing was in both the Gnostic Gospel of Philip (300AD) and Jewish Midrashic texts (roughly 400AD) but it clearly existed prior to then because Iranaeus (200AD) and other early church fathers rejected it as heresy.

Typically when it comes to heresy (as Solomon would say) there is nothing new under the sun.

Dec 12, 2013
To expand on my answer a bit, this heresy has evolved differently over the centuries as to who the descendants of Cain are today. This heresy is routinely held to by some racist communities (but not exclusively by) to justify their racism by claiming that Cain's descendants are either today's Jews or persons of African descent. In other words, not all Serpent Seed adherents are racist.

It's earliest known presentation in writing was in both the Gnostic Gospel of Philip (300AD) and Jewish Midrashic texts (roughly 400AD) but it clearly existed prior to then because Iranaeus (200AD) and other early church fathers rejected it as heresy.

Typically when it comes to heresy (as Solomon would say) there is nothing new under the sun.
Amen to that.....In a church I temporarily was in in Arkansas in 1995 the deacons held to that crap and said the black race came from Cain and the church doors were to be shut if one ever came in because they had no soul due to that seed of the serpent crap......I said....it is a freaking miracle and really worked them up and then made them both look like fools when they asked why was it a miracle.....I said, because CAIN'S lineage was wiped out in the flood! That crap is in more churches than many know.....

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
I said, because CAIN'S lineage was wiped out in the flood! That crap is in more churches than many know.....
Some adherents of Serpent Seed likewise reduce the flood account in Genesis to being allegory or figurative rather than literal in order to get around that problem.

Dec 12, 2013
Some adherents of Serpent Seed likewise reduce the flood account in Genesis to being allegory or figurative rather than literal in order to get around that problem.
Such are the ways of cults, false religions and false teachers...twist, skew, change, spiritualize away, allagorize away, reject truth, change it, add a word here or there etc......tragic....!

VCO

Oct 14, 2013

PS

Jan 11, 2013
NO ONE here has said that or even implied that....so WHEN you accuse us of that....it is a moot accusation.....get over it....written to believers --> WHERE SIN ABOUNDS, GRACE ABOUNDS THE MORE.
BLUE:
How true that is. The scripture you quote is what our loving God has done for us. He made a terrific sacrifice for us and it was all His doing, not ours.

So, how about we do a work of the heart for God and live a life that pleases Him? Not physical work as some think, although that is a result of living the Christian life, but firstly and more importantly, after being saved, and accepting God's gift of salvation, that we do as Paul implores us to do :-

"I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God." (Rom 12:1-2)

Then comes the daily, hour by hour walk with Him. May God bless

Jan 5, 2020
I do not understand why conspiracy ideas are so attractive to some, that a sentence in the bible can become such a paranoid hunt for the evil group who are undermining everything and must be identified and hunted out.

As believers, the world is already our enemy, and we are just called to shine as a light.
Thank you for such prompt action, these guys waste so much time trying to spread their belief system which is so obviously flawed.
God bless you.

E

eternally-gratefull

Yeah....people do not answer questions with a question....that is indeed rude.....so....it seems the answer to my question is a yes, since you are tap dancing around the issue.....
I have come to the conclusion when people do not answer, they are afraid to, knowing their answer will do some damage to their system.
the worse thing they do is say it’s their, read it what does the word say.

we ask them HOW they interpret the passage, we can read the passage, we want to know how they see it,

E

eternally-gratefull

Do you really think that what Jesus did on the cross was a licence to sin?
how Long will you continue to slander what you do not know?

who here is saying the cross. Which paid the redemption for all mankind is a license to sin,