Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
E

eternally-gratefull

In summery I would simply like to say that we are saved eternally providing we keep looking to Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, and we do not stray off the narrow path.
Ie
we must save ourselves
the cross is not sufficient
God does not have the power to change his children
Gods gift must be earned

I can go on and on

Jan 5, 2020
I am still trying to figure out what your here for. Except to promote salvation by water baptism
but tell me. Ps judges me as loving sin. Which is a lie

Then demand I do not judge him when I call him out

Do you see anything wrong here?
I see justification of a response again without examples. I am not here to say its right or wrong, just not helpful.

You say I am promoting salvation by water baptism.
What I actually did was quote the ministry of John the Baptist.

Luke 3:3
He went into all the country around the Jordan, preaching a baptism of repentance for the forgiveness of sins.

Luke 3:4
A voice of one calling in the desert, 'Prepare the way for the Lord, make straight paths for him.

Matt 3:6
Confessing their sins, they were baptized by him in the Jordan River.

It is interesting that before Jesus's ministry peoples sins were being forgiven through repentance and baptism.
And it is this baptism we practice today.

Now I am not promoting salvation through baptism, I am raising this part of scripture to explore my own understanding
and how this fits in with ideas about sin, righteousness, and salvation.

This is what forums are for, to discuss the bible and have fellowship with the body of Christ.
God bless you.

E

eternally-gratefull

I see justification of a response again without examples. I am not here to say its right or wrong, just not helpful.

You say I am promoting salvation by water baptism.
What I actually did was quote the ministry of John the Baptist.

Luke 3:3
He went into all the country around the Jordan, preaching a baptism of repentance for the forgiveness of sins.

Luke 3:4
A voice of one calling in the desert, 'Prepare the way for the Lord, make straight paths for him.

Matt 3:6
Confessing their sins, they were baptized by him in the Jordan River.

It is interesting that before Jesus's ministry peoples sins were being forgiven through repentance and baptism.
And it is this baptism we practice today.

Now I am not promoting salvation through baptism, I am raising this part of scripture to explore my own understanding
and how this fits in with ideas about sin, righteousness, and salvation.

This is what forums are for, to discuss the bible and have fellowship with the body of Christ.
God bless you.
Yet when people ask you it’s like all you do is say acts 2
it’s sort of like the girl last night was asked a direct question. She refused to answer

Of course she is banned because if a serious heresy. Yet the problem is still the same

people are afraid to answer. Just give a verse and say there God said it believe it.

now you have done this very thing

so is that being open to discussion?

PS

Jan 11, 2013
it’s sort of like the girl last night was asked a direct question. She refused to answer

Of course she is banned because if a serious heresy. Yet the problem is still the same
people are afraid to answer. Just give a verse and say there God said it believe it.

It is like a battleground with you around.

Jan 5, 2020
Ie
we must save ourselves
the cross is not sufficient
God does not have the power to change his children
Gods gift must be earned

I can go on and on
Can you explain what you mean by each phrase, because I have a limited knowledge of
what you are saying, and who you represent when saying it?
Is this scripture you are quoting or your own personal ideas?

Jan 5, 2020

You are making a good point if there is something we disagree on.
I mentioned acts 2, as a point of agreement. Do you think I disagree with you regarding how
the apostles preached and the disciples were filled with the Holy Spirit?

When the hearers of Peters preaching were convicted, they asked

Acts 2:37-38
"Brothers, what shall we do?"
Peter replied, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Is there something here you want to raise with me?
You will need to be clearer in what you are wanting of me, because I am happy to oblige.
Have you a need I can help with, advice I can give, encouragement to share etc. I am here to serve
God bless you

E

eternally-gratefull

That is not what I said. I gave a final conclusion.
I know

But Your conclusion leads to that

read your conclusion

instead of praising God and his work as my Faith does

it states if I do this and I do that and as long as I do not. Etc etc

to much I in your conclusion

E

eternally-gratefull

It is like a battleground with you around.
Yep your innocent

You attack and lie about people buts it’s ok

I just expose your hypocrisy

forgive me if I do not sit idly by while you attack me and my brothers and disters

E

eternally-gratefull

You are making a good point if there is something we disagree on.
I mentioned acts 2, as a point of agreement. Do you think I disagree with you regarding how
the apostles preached and the disciples were filled with the Holy Spirit?

When the hearers of Peters preaching were convicted, they asked

Acts 2:37-38
"Brothers, what shall we do?"
Peter replied, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Is there something here you want to raise with me?
You will need to be clearer in what you are wanting of me, because I am happy to oblige.
Have you a need I can help with, advice I can give, encouragement to share etc. I am here to serve
God bless you
Did peter teach forgiveness of sin is applied through water baptism in acts 2?

Jan 5, 2020
In summery I would simply like to say that we are saved eternally providing we keep looking to Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, and we do not stray off the narrow path.
In all the churches I have attended, this would be a good testimony of a believer, one born again, part of the body of Christ.

E

eternally-gratefull

In all the churches I have attended, this would be a good testimony of a believer, one born again, part of the body of Christ.
So it’s a good testimony to think salvation can be lost if we do not do something?
wow man.

Jan 5, 2020
Did peter teach forgiveness of sin is applied through water baptism in acts 2?
I assume you are asking me what I believe about this passage.

Peter taught "Repent and be baptised".

Acts 2:38
"Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit."

And the obvious thing is so we can be forgiven of our sins, which is then sealed with the Holy Spirit.

Now some churches extend this to infant baptism, confirmation etc. which I do not follow.
Some think faith is not relevant before the age of responsibility.

Interestingly Paul talks about children being holy through the faith on one of their believing parents,
which implies they are saved up to the age of responsibility. He never went so far as to declare them saved
in the sense of the in dwelling Holy Spirit, but this creates a dilemma of is their salvation lost if they come
of age and do not express their personal faith?

1 Cor 7:14
For the unbelieving husband has been sanctified through his wife, and the unbelieving wife has been sanctified through her believing husband. Otherwise your children would be unclean, but as it is, they are holy

Melach

Mar 28, 2019
i sleep for one night and i come back to this crazy doctrine called serpent seed. i had to read about it. looks like its more crazy people believing that again.

one verse debunks the whole idea.

Genesis 4:1 Now Adam knew Eve his wife, and she conceived and bore Cain, and said, “I have acquired a man from the Lord.”

eve acquired it from the Lord not satan and it says adam was the father not satan. how do the serpent seed people get around this verse or do they just not know it exists? why are people so gullible

i googled actually what they say and they just completely twist the verse hahahaha. they twist man from the Lord to say man from the angel of the Lord (new jerusalem translation they say) and they twist the knew wife to say: "
And Adam eventually acknowledged the distinguishing sign that had come upon Eve"

some re-translation of hebrew there. no credible translation does that. these peopel are so desperate to hold their retarded view they dont mind changing that completely. i smell heretics believe in this garbage doctrine. what a joke i really dont know why humans are so dumb. like i sent to big bro a message about some guy who bought a banana attached to a wall with tape for like 30,000 euros or what was it? some absurd amount of money anyhow. i really wonder about it whats in the drinking water here?

i am going crazy guys

Jan 5, 2020
So it’s a good testimony to think salvation can be lost if we do not do something?
wow man.
What are you referring to? Yes it is a good testimony to believe Jesus saves us. Are you implying it is not good to have faith in Jesus to save us? Because that would be odd, so I would appreciate some clarity, please, or you are not what you appear to be.

PS

Jan 11, 2013
Thank you, I gave my life to the Lord when I was 12 years of age and baptised in water, (full immersion) a short time after and have never looked back since. :)