Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
P

Pisteuo

That's because they don't understand simple...
Really! Their understanding of the entire salvation process is "believe and recieve" at one moment in time. Deposit made , game over. You don't see that as simple?

P

Pisteuo

Your ideas of salvation are anything but simple ...you make it unreachable and barely understandable
Might be a reason for that? God doesn't want everyone. I'm sure He spends way more time keeping those He doesn't want out, than being the beggar on the street corner, hat in hand, saying " will you please accept me?".

I'm respecting you as a called out one! I guess you didn't get that either?

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
Might be a reason for that? God doesn't want everyone. I'm sure He spends way more time keeping those He doesn't want out, than being the beggar on the street corner, hat in hand, saying " will you please accept me?".

so, our resident " believe has been mistranslated" guy is back.

has your Stanford professor given you any new revelations??

P

Pisteuo

You said: God's word can't be the "object" of Faithing that saves. It has got to be in God Himself, a real living person.

Me: This is what pistis means Pisteuo. And holding to the result is what decontroversal, and eleventh hour is saying. This is the “great faith” that Jesus commended.

My hope is built on nothing less
than Jesus Christ and righteousness
I dare not trust the sweetest frame
but wholly lean on Jesus name.

On Christ the solid rock I stand
all other ground is sinking sand
all other ground is sinking sand.

the wide path is for those who reject Him.
People who reject Him are faithing in reverse, " Apisteuo". Away from God! Every person ever born has spent every day of their lives faithing in a specific direction. Even if they were completely oblivious of that fact.

The ones on the wide path are faithing towards Him " halfway, lukewarm". What this means is they have not surrendered their life, or maybe just half of their life. A half measure will avail nothing but weeping and bashing of teeth. Each one of us knows, and, God knows how much of our lives we have surrendered to Him. How much pisteuo we have practiced.

True pisteuo or the application of Faith that saves is an act, based upon a Belief, sustained by confidence. Belief is one third of that correct definition. Taking any one of those three parts of saving Faith and applying them on there own is error!

P

Pisteuo

so, our resident " believe has been mistranslated" guy is back.

has your Stanford professor given you any new revelations??
No! He graduated in 05. He probably looking down wondering why I'm wasting my time on you.

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
No! He graduated in 05. He probably looking down wondering why I'm wasting my time on you.

I wonder why you and he attempt to get believers to think that every translation is wrong, and you and he are correct.

P

Pisteuo

I wonder why you and he attempt to get believers to think that every translation is wrong, and you and he are correct.
Every translation?

Misrepresentation is not a good path for you.

Jan 12, 2019
Which is exactly why we should cling to Christ in faith.

"22 Consider therefore the kindness and sternness of God: sternness to those who fell, but kindness to you, provided that you continue in his kindness. Otherwise, you also will be cut off." - Romans 11:22
The kjv makes it clear that it’s the faith of Christ, not our faith in Christ, that saves us.

P

Pisteuo

The kjv makes it clear that it’s the faith of Christ, not our faith in Christ, that saves us.
So the 248 times pisteuo, the corresponding verb to the noun Pistis, where we get our English word Faith isn't referring to followers?

Never take one scripture your not sure of "Faith of Christ verses Faith in Christ" and knock down a mountain of scripture that we are sure about.

Rule of thumb for interpretation of scripture.

E

eternally-gratefull

Why must it be they or them or us and we? Is Christ divided? Does any other blood cover our sins ?
This thread is a stain on what God is.......love!

Warning: This is a fly by remark. Will get no response!
It is us or them

we are not United. Nor are we both in Christ.

E

EleventhHour

Why must it be they or them or us and we? Is Christ divided? Does any other blood cover our sins ?
This thread is a stain on what God is.......love!

Warning: This is a fly by remark. Will get no response!
How is contending, defending, protecting God"s truth a stain on God?

E

EleventhHour

God wants to keep people out?

I think you need to go back to reading the epistles....for real.

E

EleventhHour

You need to worry about things that are your business, and let God worry about the things that are His business!
That makes a lot of sense...obviously you are not willing to reveal your faulty works salvation.

E

EleventhHour

Really! Their understanding of the entire salvation process is "believe and recieve" at one moment in time. Deposit made , game over. You don't see that as simple?
Salvation
.. a gift ... by grace through faith apart from works .....is accomplished by God in one moment in time.

Justified (in right standing) and Sanctified (set apart) in Jesus Christ.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
Salvation
.. a gift ... by grace through faith apart from works .....is accomplished by God in one moment in time.

Justified (in right standing) and Sanctified (set apart) in Jesus Christ.
That salvation is by grace through faith and is not by works (Ephesians 2:8,9) is not hard to understand. It’s just hard for works-salvationists to ACCEPT.